PDA

View Full Version : Best QB in the Big 12?

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Who do you think it is? I think the QB from Iowa State is like another Vince type player!

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Who do you think it is? I think the QB from Iowa State is like another Vince type player! Nope

3afan
10-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Who do you think it is? I think the QB from Iowa State is like another Vince type player!

chase daniel maybe?

Emerson1
10-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Zac Taylor or Chase Daniel right now.

Colt looked pretty good today.

The only real comparison between VY and Bret Meyer is they are both fast.

Bret Meyer is a poor mans Brad Smith.

Bulldog_12
10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, the fact that they are fast is ALL meyer and young have in common. Best QB is either Daniels or Taylor.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Vince was the best QB ever in Big XII.

Hell all of college football! :D

PPHSfan
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Chase Daniel was the QB for SLC. He is a good one.

awizzy
10-07-2006, 08:38 PM
i would say daniles

lostaussie
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Stephen Magee:thumbsup:

eagles_victory
10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Bret Meyer is a poor mans Brad Smith. Brad smith was a pretty poor man qb lol. I think the only reason cameron crazy said brett meyer is bc the abc commentators ALWAYS say it. Im going with Chase Daniel.

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Where did daniels go?

Emerson1
10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Where did daniels go?

Originally posted by PPHSfan
Chase Daniel was the QB for SLC. He is a good one.

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
WAS.....Is he playing college ball?

eagles_victory
10-07-2006, 09:00 PM
WAS.....Is he playing college ball? no hes the best qb in the big 12 but i think he took a baseball scholarship :doh:

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2006, 09:00 PM

It's Chase Daniel of Missouri, who played at Southlake Carroll

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
OIC thanks man!

lostaussie
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
OIC thanks man! Dude, wasn't your avatar TTH like 2 minutes ago?

Emerson1
10-07-2006, 09:05 PM
WAS.....Is he playing college ball?
Throw you computer out now.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, I can only say it's NOT Graham Harrell. :doh: :mad: :(

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Graham is pretty good!! For how young he is!!

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2006, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Graham is pretty good!! For how young he is!! [/QUOTE

Did you watch the game? He threw two TD passes for Missouri.

Bulldog_12
10-07-2006, 09:09 PM
I agree, he isnt good now because he is young in this scheme. This offense is all about age and experience, not just talent or ability.

lostaussie
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
i have not drank that much:D what in the heck are you doing:thinking:

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
lol what?

lostaussie
10-07-2006, 09:15 PM
lol what? read up above!!!!!!!!!

PPHSfan
10-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Graham is pretty good!! For how young he is!!

Graham is a year older than Chase.

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Graham is a year older than Chase. cool

westtxfballfan
10-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Graham Harrell sucks a$$. I shoulda posted this three weeks ago when I first suspected he sucked ass, now I've seen it personally again (on TBS.) He's a Wussy with a capital P. I don't mind a QB who is playing well under pressure, but Harell's a bed-wetting,weinie. Play Todd! I don't care what your HS stats are; Harrell, you're a "deer in the headlights," chicken, pretty boy. Play the Kentucky stud before he transfers, understandably.

Bulldog_12
10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Graham Harrell sucks a$$. I shoulda posted this three weeks ago when I first suspected he sucked ass, now I've seen it personally again (on TBS.) He's a Wussy with a capital P. I don't mind a QB who is playing well under pressure, but Harell's a bed-wetting,weinie. Play Todd! I don't care what your HS stats are; Harrell, you're a "deer in the headlights," chicken, pretty boy. Play the Kentucky stud before he transfers, understandably.

sour grapes?

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
I smell ROM!!!

westtxfballfan
10-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Graham is pretty good!! For how young he is!! [/QUOTE

Did you watch the game? He threw two TD passes for Missouri.

Graham Harrel sucks. The backup (Todd) should start before he transfers. What an insult: to come in as a THREAT to the starter's play, when you thow harder and stronger than the tech coach's favorite, only to get pulled back out for weinie-ass to redeem himself, which he can't do. Why stay when you're better than the skirt-wearing starter? Go home and start for homestate KY and play for three years instead of watching happy-feet, Wuss Harrell lead TT to 7-5 seasons from the sideline for the next 3 years.

westtxfballfan
10-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
sour grapes?

Yep, when we're only beating "You're not our Rival" A&M by 4, it's time for a QB change!

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I thought Graham played good!

big daddy russ
10-09-2006, 11:02 PM
IMO, it's Chase Daniel and it's not even close. Case in point: just look at last year's Mizzou squad with a very talented QB (Brad Smith) versus this year's team. It's night and day how the WHOLE TEAM is playing... and I think it all goes back to the leadership under center. I'm very impressed with Daniel.

IMO, this is how it shakes out.

1. Daniel, Mizzou
2. COLT MCCOY!!!, UT (Keeps getting better every week... that performance against OU wasn't flashy, but it was a solid performance against a great defense)
3. Zac Taylor, Nebraska (Great passer rating, right on McCoy's heels)
4. Paul Thompson, OU (Getting into the second tier of QB's, Thompson's athleticism puts him ahead of the rest)
5. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (Sometimes he looks like Daniel, sometimes he looks like a deer in the headlights)
6. Adam Barrmann, Kansas (I keep watching this guy, can't see anything in particular he does well, but still see him leading that offense in the fourth quarter. Brownie points with me)
7. Stephen McGee, A&M (Cool under fire, fast on his feet, and is tough as a box of rocks, but may be as dumb as one by the time the season's over... Also, consistency in the passing game is missing... If he could do in the second quarter what he does in the fourth he'd be in the top tier)
8. Bret Meyer, Iowa State (Hasn't taken the step forward I was expecting, but you could realistically flip him with anyone up to Harrell or down to Bell)
9. Shawn Bell, BU (What happened? He still makes alright decisions, but he's not the QB he was last year)

I haven't seen KSU, CU, or OSU this year, so I can't comment on any of those QB's. I was expecting KSU's Kerry Meier to be pretty good, but haven't heard anything good out of Manhattan, so I'll just leave him out for now.

coach
10-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

and i thought tiger wr was a homer

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
IMO, it's Chase Daniel and it's not even close. Case in point: just look at last year's Mizzou squad with a very talented QB (Brad Smith) versus this year's team. It's night and day how the WHOLE TEAM is playing... and I think it all goes back to the leadership under center. I'm very impressed with Daniel.

1. Daniel, Mizzou
2. COLT MCCOY!!!, UT (Keeps getting better every week... that performance against OU wasn't flashy, but it was a solid performance against a great defense)
4. Paul Thompson, OU (Getting into the second tier of QB's, Thompson's athleticism puts him ahead of the rest)
5. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (Sometimes he looks like Daniel, sometimes he looks like a deer in the headlights)
6. Adam Barrmann, Kansas (I keep watching this guy, can't see anything in particular he does well, but still see him leading that offense in the fourth quarter. Brownie points with me)
7. Stephen McGee, A&M (Cool under fire, fast on his feet, and is tough as a box of rocks, but may be as dumb as one by the time the season's over... Also, consistency in the passing game is missing... If he could do in the second quarter what he does in the fourth he'd be in the top tier)
8. Bret Meyer, Iowa State (Hasn't taken the step forward I was expecting, but you could realistically flip him with anyone up to Harrell or down to Bell)
9. Shawn Bell, BU (What happened? He still makes alright decisions, but he's not the QB he was last year)

I haven't seen KSU, CU, or OSU this year, so I can't comment on any of those QB's. I was expecting KSU's Kerry Meier to be pretty good, but haven't heard anything good out of Manhattan, so I'll just leave him out for now. Colt's stats could be better if Greg Davis didn't try to protect him so much.

WestTXLonghorn
10-09-2006, 11:19 PM
I like Chase Daniels too, but I'd like to see how he does against a real defense. So far, Mizzou has played nothing but cupcakes (yes, TT is a cupcake this year) with really bad defenses. However, for a sophomore he looks cool and calm in the pocket and he makes some really nice throws.

Bulldog_12
10-09-2006, 11:50 PM

1. Daniel, Mizzou

I agree with most of this except McCoy. I think he is a good one, and will prove to be a top tier QB in the Conference, but to say he is the #2 QB and already in that top tier in the conference right now is a little crazy to me. I definitely would have him behind Zac Taylor. I just think as of right now he should be closer to Thompson. Still be ahead, but closer down that way.

Old Tiger
10-09-2006, 11:58 PM
I agree with most of this except McCoy. I think he is a good one, and will prove to be a top tier QB in the Conference, but to say he is the #2 QB and already in that top tier in the conference right now is a little crazy to me. I definitely would have him behind Zac Taylor. I just think as of right now he should be closer to Thompson. Still be ahead, but closer down that way. I don't think Paul Thompson should be a top 5 QB in the big 12 because he has not shown the poise to make good throws.

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I don't think Paul Thompson should be a top 5 QB in the big 12 because he has not shown the poise to make good throws.

Yeah, but neither has anyone else under him except maybe the KU QB.

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2006, 12:24 AM
sour grapes?

probably Chase's backup... or he and his team got demolished...

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
probably Chase's backup... or he and his team got demolished...

Ill take "His Team Got Demolished" for 300.

mrescape43
10-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Graham is a year older than Chase.

Not in playing experience. Chase played in every game last year.

BTEXDAD
10-10-2006, 09:32 AM

Hell all of college football! :D

In the world!

big daddy russ
10-16-2006, 04:06 AM
UPDATED AFTER THIS WEEKEND:

1. Chase Daniel (Can't blame the loss on him, he hung three bills on the Ags even though he didn't even get the ball for 19 minutes)
2. Colt McCoy (Whether or not you're a UT apologist, you have to admit that was maybe the ugliest 6-TD performance you've ever seen... Still, once he got rolling he became unstoppable, putting the ball in the perfect spot everytime during the second half... Still impresses me a little more than Taylor)
3. Zac Taylor
4. Stephen McGee (Up 3 from last week... His past inconsistencies aside, McGee's making huge strides... Has become the best game manager in the Big XII)
5. Shawn Bell (Up 4... Really impressed me against a more talented team in the lions' den... Really sold the play action the very first play of the game and was the only reason it went for a TD... It's the little things, the headiness, the attention to detail, etc, that make him good... This whole second tier of QB's has really started to come around)
6. Paul Thompson (Down 2... Not any worse than he was last week, McGee and Bell just made bigger strides... Quietly had a nice game against a decent Iowa State squad)
7. Graham Harrell (Down 2... How long's that butt gonna last? I'm sure that seat's getting hot, especially with Chris Todd back there fanning the flames)

Nobody else is really worth mentioning with these guys, but I see Meier finally got some PT for the Jayhawks. I'm still reluctant to put him on this level, but if he comes around he'll be right here.

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:41 AM

Wrong

Major Applewhite
Chris Simms
Jason White
Eric Crouch

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2006, 07:00 AM
UPDATED AFTER THIS WEEKEND:

7. Graham Harrell (Down 2... How long's that butt gonna last? I'm sure that seat's getting hot, especially with Chris Todd back there fanning the flames)

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't have the chance to watch the Colorado game. I was yelling at the TV during Mizzou...can't imagine, but I probably would've just turned it off during CU. :rolleyes:

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Eventhough they lost this weekend, Chase Daniels is still the best quarterback in the Big XII.

Big Papa
10-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Wrong

Major Applewhite
Chris Simms
Jason White
Eric Crouch

were not better than vince

greenpride
10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Wrong

Major Applewhite
Chris Simms
Jason White
Eric Crouch

Take off your horn hater glasses....no doubt VY brought to the college game what NO other athlete has been able to do as a BIG 12 QB. The man made everyone look foolish when he had the ball. Oh, yeah.....I heard A&M won the national title on Saturday. LOL

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Wrong

Major Applewhite
Chris Simms
Jason White
Eric Crouch None of these were as good as VY. Major was the closest, he had twice the heart, just not the physical tools VY had.

htowntransplant
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie

i would call mcgee the grittiest QB in the Big 12 by a long shot...followed by mccoy

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Wrong

Major Applewhite
Chris Simms
Jason White
Eric Crouch

Sorry bud, but none of those fools could even hold Vince's jock.

Applewhite- Great guy, better coach than player, got things done tho

Chris Simms- Great passer, huge choker, wilts under pressure

Jason White- Snaggle-toothed hillbilly who could throw superbly, had two bum knees, etc.

Eric Crouch- running back

How many of those guys passed for 3k yards and ran for 1k? None.

How many of those guys are in the NFL right now? None.

Those guys were all great Big 12 QBs, but Vince is far and away the best.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Eventhough they lost this weekend, Chase Daniels is still the best quarterback in the Big XII.

Colt McCoy is the #5 rated passer in the NCAA. He threw for 6 TDs last Saturday. He's the best QB in the Big 12 as a red-shirt freshman.

:D

big daddy russ
10-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
You might want to recheck your figures on that one.

Not saying that Vince isn't the best QB the Big XII's ever seen, just making sure you get your facts right. I'd rate them like this:

1. Vince Young, UT
2a. Jason White, OU
2b. Eric Crouch, Neb
4. Josh Heupel, OU
5. Michael Bishop, KSU
6. Koy Detmer, Colorado
7. BJ Symons, TT
8. Major Applewhite, UT (wish we had a couple more years to see how high up he would've moved)
9. Corby Jones, Mizzou
10. Kliff Kingsbury, TT

I think Young is better than just about any quarterback since the Wuerffel and Frazier days. Maybe neck and neck with Leinart, but better than Mike Vick and Ken Dorsey. I'd probably put Young right around number five on the all-time list.

Colt McCoy is the #5 rated passer in the NCAA. He threw for 6 TDs last Saturday. He's the best QB in the Big 12 as a red-shirt freshman.

:D

2. Colt McCoy (Whether or not you're a UT apologist, you have to admit that was maybe the ugliest 6-TD performance you've ever seen ... Still, once he got rolling he became unstoppable, putting the ball in the perfect spot everytime during the second half... Still impresses me a little more than Taylor)

g$$
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Simms is a choker & wilts under pressure, but he is in the NFL right now. Hurt, but still there with Tampa Bay.

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 01:48 PM

Not saying that Vince isn't the best QB the Big XII's ever seen, just making sure you get your facts right. I'd rate them like this:

1. Vince Young, UT
2a. Jason White, OU
2b. Eric Crouch, Neb
4. Josh Heupel, OU
5. Michael Bishop, KSU
6. Koy Detmer, Colorado
7. BJ Symons, TT
8. Major Applewhite, UT (wish we had a couple more years to see how high up he would've moved)
9. Corby Jones, Mizzou
10. Kliff Kingsbury, TT

I think Young is better than just about any quarterback since the Wuerffel and Frazier days. Maybe neck and neck with Leinart, but better than Mike Vick and Ken Dorsey. I'd probably put Young right around number five on the all-time list. Are you saying all time in Big XII, because you are bringing in quarterbacks from other conferences. If you are saying #5, all time, any conference, you are passing over some BIG names who had great NFL careers.

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Big fan of Chase Daniels...Wish I saw him somewhere else though

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM

1. Vince Young, UT
2a. Jason White, OU
2b. Eric Crouch, Neb
4. Josh Heupel, OU
5. Michael Bishop, KSU
6. Koy Detmer, Colorado
7. BJ Symons, TT
9. Corby Jones, Mizzou
10. Kliff Kingsbury, TT

I think Young is better than just about any quarterback since the Wuerffel and Frazier days. Maybe neck and neck with Leinart, but better than Mike Vick and Ken Dorsey. I'd probably put Young right around number five on the all-time list.

Chris Simms lost his spleen. He's not in the NFL at this point in time. My figures were absolutely correct. :D

Also. . .Vince stopped after year 3. I can only imagine what carnage he would have caused if he'd stayed around and played his senior year. We wouldn't have to be worrying about being #9 in the polls right now, I can guarantee you that.

If you just look at his stats he's easily one of the best ever. Then, you take into account his big game clutchness and poise and it's over. No one steps up in big game situations like VY. Heck, he's already led his NFL team to a huge road win over a legit playoff contender Redskins team, and the week before he almost beat the Colts if not for his receiver dropping a beauty of a pass in the endzone. And Vince's team is TERRIBLE! He just makes everyone around him better. It's insane.

coach
10-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Sorry bud, but none of those fools could even hold Vince's jock.

Applewhite- Great guy, better coach than player, got things done tho

Chris Simms- Great passer, huge choker, wilts under pressure

Jason White- Snaggle-toothed hillbilly who could throw superbly, had two bum knees, etc.

Eric Crouch- running back

How many of those guys passed for 3k yards and ran for 1k? None.

Those guys were all great Big 12 QBs, but Vince is far and away the best.

last time i checked chris simms is playin for the bucs get your facts straight before you start talkin like you know everything

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Wrong

Major Applewhite
Chris Simms
Jason White
Eric Crouch And what are those QB's doing now? Assides from Simms

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Simms is a choker & wilts under pressure, but he is in the NFL right now. Hurt, but still there with Tampa Bay. Simms is a solja playing w/ that splein.

GATAPride77
10-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Offically it's Jason White but my favorite is Scott Frazier?

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by coach
last time i checked chris simms is playin for the bucs get your facts straight before you start talkin like you know everything

How about you read all the posts before you start talkin like you're hardcore or whatever.:rolleyes:

If he decides to come back and play football it probably won't be for the Bucs. He's a free agent after this year and I've heard that Gruden doesn't want him around, especially if Gradkowski keeps playing well.

Simms really shouldn't be mentioned at all in any list of great QBs. The kid is a whiny spoiled brat who consistently choked in every big game he was stuck in. It was like clockwork.

eagles_victory
10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
i would call mcgee the grittiest QB grittiest rhymes with what he really is

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
grittiest rhymes with what he really is

Prettiest? Are you a homosexual?;)