PDA

View Full Version : who beat Celina??

sweetwater07
10-07-2006, 05:57 PM
me and tigerwr were wondering who finally snapped Celinas 68 game winning streak????

PPHSfan
10-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I already answered in the other thread.

Hansum Stranger
10-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Either Dangerfield or Atlanta...I think.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Daingerfield...

3afan
10-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Daingerfield...

on a missed PAT

sweetwater07
10-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
on a missed PAT

bet that kicker felt really bad..lol

Aesculus gilmus
10-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Celina was behind most of the game, though, and the missed PAT would only have tied it up and sent it into overtime.

Daingerfield was clearly the better team in 2003.

But their arrogance caught up with them against Midland Greenwood in the semifinals, which shut them out, 10-0. At the end of that game, the Tiggers really "lost it" on a mass scale and were throwing punches and stuff.

Aesculus gilmus
10-07-2006, 06:47 PM
I can't get the "edit" to work on this old computer, but I meant to say 2002 instead of 2003. In 2003 the Buckeyes eliminated Celina in that same area round, 45-22.

PPHSfan
10-07-2006, 07:36 PM
AG if we are going to state opinion as fact and say Daingerfield was the better team then let's tell the whole story. Daingerfield was winning 21-7 going into the fourth when Celina mounted a comeback. Let's talk about the gutsy call on third and goal from the four yard line with 6 seconds left in the game, and Celina RUNS the Fullback up the gut for the score. Yeah, that really sounds like something an inferior team would do. Celina did miss an extra point that would have only sent the game into overtime, but the momentum was clearly Celina's for the final ten minutes of the game, so I would say their chances were at least fifty fifty had they made the pat.

You are right again when you said Gilmer rolled them in the second round the following year, but you could also say that it was only Celina's third 3a loss ever. Celina's record against 3a teams is around 60-3 or better. Can any team in any league say that?

Gilmer SHOULD BE PROUD of their defeat of the Bobcats. They are one of only three 3a teams on the planet that has an all time winning record against them. The other two being Daingerfield and Pilot Point. Heck even Gainesville is only 1-1 against them.

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Well every streak has to be broken!

Hansum Stranger
10-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
. Celina's record against 3a teams is around 60-3 or better.

How many Whitesboro's, Pottsboro's and other weak teams are in them 60 wins? They are close enough to Decatur, Everman and a few other 3A teams that I can't think of now that they never played. I guess the question is this, How many above .500 teams did Celina beat that were 3A?

3afan
10-08-2006, 08:24 AM
teams cant help who they are placed in a district with .................... and as far as non-district games - Celina's schedule has served THEM very well, look at the state titles for proof. a team has to schedule games the staff thinks is best for THEM, not schedule for sex appeal

Rabbit'93
10-08-2006, 08:40 AM
sex appeal I thought this is/was a family site?:p ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I thought this is/was a family site?:p ;) :D
Well, he DOES have family on here. :devil: :devil: :p

3afan
10-08-2006, 09:13 AM
but I'll deny that in court

jason
10-08-2006, 09:31 AM
but I'll deny that in court can we finally tell kyle he's adopted ??

3afan
10-08-2006, 10:13 AM
uuuuuhhhhhh, I hve some news for YOU ....... call

Rabbit'93
10-08-2006, 10:15 AM
uuuuuhhhhhh, I hve some news for YOU ....... call lmao!

Aesculus gilmus
10-08-2006, 10:25 AM
AG if we are going to state opinion as fact and say Daingerfield was the better team then let's tell the whole story. Daingerfield was winning 21-7 going into the fourth when Celina mounted a comeback. Let's talk about the gutsy call on third and goal from the four yard line with 6 seconds left in the game, and Celina RUNS the Fullback up the gut for the score. Yeah, that really sounds like something an inferior team would do. Celina did miss an extra point that would have only sent the game into overtime, but the momentum was clearly Celina's for the final ten minutes of the game, so I would say their chances were at least fifty fifty had they made the pat.

You are right again when you said Gilmer rolled them in the second round the following year, but you could also say that it was only Celina's third 3a loss ever. Celina's record against 3a teams is around 60-3 or better. Can any team in any league say that?

Gilmer SHOULD BE PROUD of their defeat of the Bobcats. They are one of only three 3a teams on the planet that has an all time winning record against them. The other two being Daingerfield and Pilot Point. Heck even Gainesville is only 1-1 against them.

When Gilmer played Celina, everyone was impressed with the class of the latter's program, I think. And no one in Gilmer was particularly rooting for Daingerfield in 2002 either. And that team got its comeuppance. Everyone thought the Tiggers would easily win state after they broke the Celina streak.

Gilmer would love to play Celina again. As a matter of fact, I understand there was some effort made to schedule the 'Cats as one of our opponents this season. For some reason Celina wouldn't return Gilmer's calls. Don't shoot the messenger. This is what I was told by someone close to the program.

Hansum Stranger
10-08-2006, 10:59 AM
teams cant help who they are placed in a district with ....................

That's true, but they have played 10 district games in 3A. If someone wants to keep talking about them being 60-3 or whatever it is, then take a look at all the teams they have played in 3A.

bobcat1
10-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Celina just happy to be here and hope we can at least stay on the field with y'all tough teams when or if we meet. We are just blessed I guess and according to most scared to play anyone very good.

We made it through pre-season undefeated(of course we didn't play anyone according to most). We have 2 district wins so far and no losses in this season (against nobody according to most). (Again we are blessed I guess). Shouldn't be much of a challenge to make the playoffs (because again according to most our district has nobody in it and we are blessed).

I guess we will have to wait until the season that starts in November and runs through December to see how many nobody teams we play then and how blessed we really are. Celina has been blessed big time 7 times already and I guess you will have to take it up with the teams we beat about them being nobody teams. We think they are good teams that want to win as badly as any other. I mean if we beat you would you want us or anyone else calling you "nobody"?

SWMustang
10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I don't have a problem if people want to question Celina's schedule but they're winning games they're supposed to win and that's what good teams do. The collective record of the teams Celina has played is 17-10 - not too shabby. They've handed Waco Robinson and Argyle liberty Christian their only defeats of the year - so far.

Most people (myself included) don't know anything about Argyle Liberty Christian or Dallas Plano Prestonwood to evaluate the quality of the win. Since we're not playing for BCS bowl bids, it doesn't really matter anyway.

PPHSfan
10-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Well Celina has most of that 3a record while playing in 2a. So maybe they need to start scheduling 4a teams in preseason to get any respect. My guess is that at least half of the teams in any division could drop DOWN in their scheduling and win 60 out of 63.

Hansum Stranger
10-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Well Celina has most of that 3a record while playing in 2a. So maybe they need to start scheduling 4a teams in preseason to get any respect.

It doesn't take much to beat the likes of Whitesboro, Pottsboro and Sanger from a few years ago and even Pilot Point the last few years. They don't have to schedule 4A teams, just schedule some decent 3A teams year in and year out.

Cameron Crazy
10-08-2006, 02:09 PM
I think they will do good this year!!

3afan
10-08-2006, 02:14 PM
bobcat1 - its only a few ragging on Celina and their schedule - most respect the program.

but you're "tone" is not helping much IMO ...

Emerson1
10-08-2006, 02:22 PM
He is mad Texas Tech got dominated.

Hansum Stranger
10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
bobcat1 - its only a few ragging on Celina and their schedule - most respect the program.

but you're "tone" is not helping much IMO ...

Everyone should respect the program, but to keep acting like they are the greatest team ever because they won a bunch of games against some of the weakest teams in the history of 3A is ludicrious(sp).

3afan
10-08-2006, 02:31 PM
"they" are not -- just a few select posters are ...

PPHSfan
10-08-2006, 03:22 PM
No team in 3a has played nothing but stiff competition. As a matter of fact, when you are as good as Celina, like it or not, there is not very much 'stiff competition'. I can understand the youngsters on here not knowing any better, but most of the celina haters are just that....celina haters. It would not matter what they have accomplished, they will just try and spin what they have done into nothing. If what Celina has done was so easy, then why doesn't anyone else have 8 State Titles? Why doesn't anyone else have a record of like 95-5 in the past 100 games? I guess Celina is the only team in Texas that gets to "hand pick" it's cream puff schedule. Here is the bottom line. In about ten weeks, I am going to be serving up some BBQ crow. Get your tickets now, cause the line is gonna be deep and wide.

3afan
10-08-2006, 03:58 PM
like I said - their schedule has suited them well - the W-L mark and state titles is proof

some say they beat up on weak sisters? maybe so, but its also giving them state championships