PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

WestTXLonghorn
10-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Well, I was really pumped up this week for the game today. I was talking smack to my buddies online from Oklahoma. . .I was talking up the Horns. . .I was preparing all my snide and witty comments for after we won the game. . .and I got some news Friday night that made me take a step back and put things in perspective.

My girlfriend's best friend from high school. . .a girl I've hung out with many times and who I have a lot of affection for, killed herself Thursday night. She took some shoestring and hanged herself from a ceiling fan in her Abilene apartment. Supposedly she was devasted over her longtime boyfriend leaving her or something like that.

I can't even begin to tell you how tore up my girlfriend is about this whole deal, and I'm pretty twisted myself. So, today was rather bittersweet. Watching the team I put so much effort, time, blood, sweat, and tears into win was great. . .but stacking that up against reality showed me how insignificant football is in the grand scheme of things.

No sense wasting your life arguing with other fans over who's better. . .which QB is the real deal. . .life's too short.

If you don't mind, please keep this young lady in your thoughts and prayers. She was a bright, beautiful kid with a lot going for her and I know her family and I would appreciate the thoughts.

Sincerely,

WTX

sweetwater07
10-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Well, I was really pumped up this week for the game today. I was talking smack to my buddies online from Oklahoma. . .I was talking up the Horns. . .I was preparing all my snide and witty comments for after we won the game. . .and I got some news Friday night that made me take a step back and put things in perspective.

My girlfriend's best friend from high school. . .a girl I've hung out with many times and who I have a lot of affection for, killed herself Thursday night. She took some shoestring and hanged herself from a ceiling fan in her Abilene apartment. Supposedly she was devasted over her longtime boyfriend leaving her or something like that.

I can't even begin to tell you how tore up my girlfriend is about this whole deal, and I'm pretty twisted myself. So, today was rather bittersweet. Watching the team I put so much effort, time, blood, sweat, and tears into win was great. . .but stacking that up against reality showed me how insignificant football is in the grand scheme of things.

No sense wasting your life arguing with other fans over who's better. . .which QB is the real deal. . .life's too short.

If you don't mind, please keep this young lady in your thoughts and prayers. She was a bright, beautiful kid with a lot going for her and I know her family and I would appreciate the thoughts.

Sincerely,

WTX

heard about this..and i'm sorry to hear it..she was from highland correct??

WestTXLonghorn
10-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes. Just turned 19 in August I think. Life cut off before it ever even got up and running.