PDA

View Full Version : Two of the Darkest Stadiums in Texas?

BH_146
10-08-2002, 09:07 PM
I happened to notice that Hardin and Kountze are playing each other this Friday. Talk about two of the eeriest, secluded football stadiums in Southeast Texas, these have to be included. On a still, overcast night, it's as if you have entered a twilight zone. I'm not sure if you put both of their stadium lights together, they would give an airplane a clue as to where the ground might be. But they are two of my favorite stadiums in the area. The people at both schools are the epitome of hospitality. Every time I have been to these schools, the pits were fired up and the greetings could not have been heartier.

Also, I wonder if anyone in District 21-3A has noticed that Hardin is quietly putting together another good season. Though they do play Bridge City and H-F on the road, the most important two games, Anahuac and Orangefield, are to be played in the deep, dark pineywoods of the Hornets. I would keep an eye on this team.

Barbers Hill Sports Report (http://www.eteamz.com/bheagles)

Birdman
10-08-2002, 09:24 PM
BH_146, You make a good point about Hardin's quietly successful season so far. We must admit that we are clueless about Hardin as most of us have never even seen the place. Heck, lots of folks around here don't know the difference between Hardin, Hardin-Jefferson, and West Hardin. The Hornets are now on our radar screen but we are scrambling for information before they show up in our backyard! wink

AggieJohn
10-08-2002, 11:37 PM
Birdman:
BH_146, You make a good point about Hardin's quietly successful season so far. We must admit that we are clueless about Hardin as most of us have never even seen the place. Heck, lots of folks around here don't know the difference between Hardin, Hardin-Jefferson, and West Hardin. The Hornets are now on our radar screen but we are scrambling for information before they show up in our backyard! wink Unless you've been there before it's hard to even give directions to hardin...much props to H-town as we affectionately call it...hardin used to be the butt end of jokes but since their reorginazation by being sent down to 2a and bringing in long time liberty panther head baseball coach jack parker ( who led his baseball team in his final year at liberty to the state championship game) to become head football coach and AD they have taken hold of their athletic program and are doing exceptionally well...hat's off to the hornet's

exbccards76'smom
10-09-2002, 09:16 AM
If you think the new stadium in Kountze is dark, you should have seen the old one downtown. I grew up attending football games there. Underneath the stands was so dark, you had to be careful to dodge things dropping out of the stands. I am proud to say that I know the difference between those 3 towns.

cflight
10-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Youve never played in Leakey Texas. :rolleyes:

cajun1
10-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Canton Eagle feild is dark unless they got some new light this year?

ej2525
10-09-2002, 02:03 PM
I saw Leakey's field for the first time this past summer while on vacation. It looks like it may have been pretty poor on the lighting. I know the town has a population of around 90-100. But, I assume the surrounding areas have kids in the school district. What class is Leaky?? (1-A) Pretty part of the country that way however!! :cool:

bigcat8
10-09-2002, 06:56 PM
stockdale's field in south Texas is very dark.