PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off to Abilene Wylie

wimbo_pro
10-07-2006, 11:39 AM
You guys have impressed us here in Wimberley, more than any other team we have played in a while. Your boys played with class and style, no trash talking, great sportsmanship, not to mention heart. Your fans were incredible for such a long drive (they filled the stands!!). Even your band was excellent!! Tough loss for you, I am sure....but dont get down about it...you guys have a good shot at winning your region, and beyond!

Gobbla2001
10-07-2006, 11:43 AM
hope they enjoyed the scenic-beauty that is the Wimberly area...

Bullaholic
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You guys have impressed us here in Wimberley, more than any other team we have played in a while. Your boys played with class and style, no trash talking, great sportsmanship, not to mention heart. Your fans were incredible for such a long drive (they filled the stands!!). Even your band was excellent!! Tough loss for you, I am sure....but dont get down about it...you guys have a good shot at winning your region, and beyond!

I'm not from Abilene, but it is sure nice to see a fan who practices good sportsmanship instead of talking about it, wimbo. Abilene Wiley is an exempleary athletic program, and Wimberley seems like they are on the road to achieving the same thing in SE Texas. Best of luck to the Texans.

thewyliefan
10-07-2006, 01:04 PM
wimberley is a great team no doubt, has some great offenseive weapons also. both teams played hard the entire night and thats all you can ask for is for the boys to put on a show right?

wimbo_pro
10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Bullholic..thanks...but we are not in SE Texas...we are just south of Austin (Region 4). We fully intend on beating any team from SE Texas (Region 3) in the play offs semi-finals to go back to the Finals! My bet is on WOS for Region 3.

Cameron Crazy
10-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Bullholic..thanks...but we are not in SE Texas...we are just south of Austin (Region 4). We fully intend on beating any team from SE Texas (Region 3) in the play offs semi-finals to go back to the Finals! My bet is on WOS for Region 3. Your prolly right.

The Kracken
10-08-2006, 09:47 AM
()

setxsports
10-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Bullholic..thanks...but we are not in SE Texas...we are just south of Austin (Region 4). We fully intend on beating any team from SE Texas (Region 3) in the play offs semi-finals to go back to the Finals! My bet is on WOS for Region 3. WOS fully intends on beating Wimberely as well. GO GOBBLERS!!

wimbo_pro
10-08-2006, 12:04 PM
**********...I'm sure they do!!! They intended to last year as well, as every team did!! In all seriousness, I hope we are lucky enough to go back to the semi-finals and play WOS again. At this point, I wont have quite the confidence level on beating WOS as I did last year, but we are still about 9 weeks away from worrying about that....lotsa time to improve!

I have made some friends on the WOS boards since last year, so a repeat match-up would be a special occasion!

setxsports
10-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree, it would be a heck of a game if it happens.

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by **********
I agree, it would be a heck of a game if it happens.

final score 2-0...