PDA

View Full Version : Cuero / Gilmer

CueroDad2006
10-07-2006, 09:00 AM
POLL:
HOW WILL BOTH TEAMS COPE WITH THE INJURY BUG THE BEST?

lostaussie
10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
we will be fine. have several more playmakers in the recieving corp. tough break for Jake, sounds like he is out for a while. If Curtis can be back by the playoffs we will be fine. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you choose to look at it, our district may be from 2nd best to worst, the weakest district in the state.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
we will be fine. have several more playmakers in the recieving corp. tough break for Jake, sounds like he is out for a while. If Curtis can be back by the playoffs we will be fine. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you choose to look at it, our district may be from 2nd best to worst, the weakest district in the state.

same with us when looking at the district... looks like Yoakum may be the second best in the district... we'll see once it gets started, just glad to see us survive the injury bug and be 6-0 right now... these second teamers have stepped it up big time...

BlueBlood
10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Better keep an eye on WOS.

CueroDad2006
10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Everyone who keeps up with highschool football keeps up with ALL the teams. WOS is a good team, but just not championship good.

griff
10-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Everyone who keeps up with highschool football keeps up with ALL the teams. WOS is a good team, but just not championship good.

And I'm sure your confidence is based on WATCHING WO-S play, right?

WO-S 89
10-08-2006, 11:46 AM

I didn't know that.

gobblerfan02
10-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by griff

I haven't seen WO-S play, but have seen video....looks like a solid team, but play sloppy at times....need to clean up the game a bit and they're a contender for sure.

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I personally believe WO-S is a contender...

they'll be in that mix bet some change on it...

WO-S 89
10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I haven't seen WO-S play, but have seen video....looks like a solid team, but play sloppy at times....need to clean up the game a bit and they're a contender for sure.

We will hire a cleaning crew first thing in the morning.

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
We will hire a cleaning crew first thing in the morning.

Well you guys do that, and make sure to dump it in a manner in which it cannot contaminate others :p :D

wos fan1
10-08-2006, 05:22 PM
We'll see how sloppy WOS is.:mad:

Old Tiger
10-08-2006, 05:22 PM
we will be fine. have several more playmakers in the recieving corp. tough break for Jake, sounds like he is out for a while. If Curtis can be back by the playoffs we will be fine. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you choose to look at it, our district may be from 2nd best to worst, the weakest district in the state. What exactly is wrong w/ Curtis? I saw he was hurt but what's the injury?

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
We'll see how sloppy WOS is.:mad:

bout as sloppy as seconds :p

MagicMan
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
im sure the only video he has seen of WOS is the highlights on high school scoreboard.

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
im sure the only video he has seen of WOS is the highlights on high school scoreboard.

No, it was on MTV... you haven't seen the video yet?

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is: less MagicMan...

wimbo_pro
10-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh come on guys...it's highly doubtful that ANYONE on this board has seen ANY video of another team being discussed, other than on High School Scoreboard. I am sure there are a few that have access to such videos, but for the most part, we are speaking out of our hearts and out of the stats we read here and in the papers or websites. WOS, Giddings, Gilmer, Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Hutto, Cuero...plus a few others most of us dont even suspect yet...are all equally capable of winning it all at this point.

GreenMachine
10-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I say Cuero is coping with the injury bug just fine :)....but it will be NICE to get the injured ones back ;)

Aesculus gilmus
10-09-2006, 01:31 PM
http://64.237.99.126/oldclips/GilmerandTatumTXP.wmv

Here's a highlight video from Gilmer's game with Tatum on Sept. 8. The Buckeyes only scored 45 points that night, their worst outing on offense of the season.

griff
10-09-2006, 01:46 PM

The only game where we looked a little sloppy was our game against Bay City when our starting QB was injured. Outside of that, both our offense and defense have been very crisp the entire year. I believe you either saw some clips of that game or you're blowing smoke about the whole thing.

wimbo was right when he said that most comments like yours are made from the heart and reading stats and web sites. I don't know you personally, gobblerfan02, but I don't think you know much more about WO-S than what you've read here on the downlow.

I respect Cuero and hope WO-S has a chance to meet them in the playoffs. We're likely to go DII.

wimbo_pro
10-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Griff,

Chances are looking much more like you will meet US again in the semi-finals!!!

griff
10-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Griff,

Chances are looking much more like you will meet US again in the semi-finals!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, wimbo. You know we want that rematch more than anything, however, that means we would have to beat a TOUGH Giddings team first. Plus, Cuero would be in the mix for one of us. No way am I thinking that far ahead. Too many good opponents lie in wait before we meet again, but I hope it happens.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, here's the semi-finals trophy, folks. ;)

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/pokal2.gif

The rest of us will just show up to play, just to give us something to do. :p

pirate4state
10-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, here's the semi-finals trophy, folks. ;)

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/pokal2.gif

The rest of us will just show up to play, just to give us something to do. :p

I can't make out the name on that trophy...what does it say?? :thinking: :devil:

wimbo_pro
10-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Griff, I know we would have to get through Cuero, but I think we can do it, as long as we keep improving. But there is a decent chance Cuero will go D1...Gonzales is really stinking it up pretty good.

And Panther Mom is correct, LH will be a tough contender, same with Hutto, Giddings, Palestine, Carthage, etc. But I predict you will survive. Region 3 is awfully tough, far tougher than our region 4.

The Kracken
10-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I think once Gonzales gets into district theyll be fine and should come in third and then whoever is in D2 will have to get through Cuero before they start making semi final plans

wimbo_pro
10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Kracken, thats what we are expecting...Cuero in D2. But its good football chat to think of the possibilities of them going D1!! It would shake things up quite a bit!

CueroDad2006
10-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by griff
Just seen how WO-S played last year in the playoffs when they played a playoff team.
I know every team will change each and every year,But the "COACH"is the same.

mean_green
10-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I have personally seen WO-S play and they are very talented but played sloppy against Bay City. I dont know if that was a result of their Qb getting hurt or what, but I saw Bay City play Cuero and Cuero handled Bay City very well. Cuero could have easily blown them out, and it was 43-12 late in the 4th when Bay City scored on Cueros reserves. Not taking anything away from WO-S, but I thought Bay City had plenty of chances to win that game.

sweetwater07
10-09-2006, 09:14 PM
everyone knows this game won't happen..cuero loses at bi-district and Gilmer loses in Area....
this should get some convo started..LOL

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
everyone knows this game won't happen..cuero loses at bi-district and Gilmer loses in Area....
this should get some convo started..LOL Not likely :rolleyes: but nice try:clap:

JT44
10-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Would Gilmer have to go through Celina in the playoffs?

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by JT44
Would Gilmer have to go through Celina in the playoffs? We wish, but the answer is no.

Darren
10-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Gilmer....

I don't know much about the program. I understand that the consensus is that Gilmer is #1 in state. Can one of the fans tell me what your strong suits are? And what are your big wins this year.

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Gilmer....

I don't know much about the program. I understand that the consensus is that Gilmer is #1 in state. Can one of the fans tell me what your strong suits are? And what are your big wins this year.
Beat Las Vegas Bishop Gorman 56-14
Beat Tatum 45-21
Beat Daingerfield 62-42
Beat Center 64-6
Beat Atlanta 49-12
we throw and we throw and we throw. and when the qb's arm gets tired we hand it off to our bada$$ running back.

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
this should get some convo started..LOL and then we go to bed every night and say a prayer that we may get a chance to play sweetwater, so 07 will shut up.

44INAROW
10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
and then we go to bed every night and say a prayer that we may get a chance to play sweetwater, so 07 will shut up.

ROFL.. good one LostAussie :D :D

Darren
10-10-2006, 10:41 AM
So you are the opposite of my boys in Giddings. Instead of run, run and run you are a passing team.

Is your QB being recruited?

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 11:02 AM
So you are the opposite of my boys in Giddings. Instead of run, run and run you are a passing team.

Is your QB being recruited? already committed to Baylor. his father is a coach there.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Gilmer would beat Giddings by 28. Giddings pass defense is not that good.

griff
10-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Just seen how WO-S played last year in the playoffs when they played a playoff team.
I know every team will change each and every year,But the "COACH"is the same.

Which game did you see last year? If it was our game against Wimberley, then you should have come away from that game impressed with how good Wimberley was rather than the fact that we lost. Regardless of what you think of WO-S, Wimberley was THE team last year, and that's what should be remembered above all.

You're right...every team and season is different. Most who follow WO-S believe this team is better, especially on defense. Their offense is more diversified now that Beasley is gone. As for the "coach" being the same, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Our "coach" (Hooks) has tons of experience and success in playoff games and his record speaks for itself. We're confident going into battle with him at the helm.

gtownpoke
10-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I think people see you say we throw we throw we throw and if GJ's arm gets tired we run and they dont understand some things. We throw a lot because our QB is setting records and going D-1. He is throwing to Curtis Brown who is going to the University of Texas and to Jamell Kennedy who is going to SMU.
But dont get confused there.. it's not like we dont have the option of running the ball. If Curtis and Jamell were out we could run the ball the entire game and be fine. Justin Johnson, who is said to be one of the top 3 running backs in the country by Rivals and Scout next year, runs behind one of the best lines in the state which is led by David Snow, who is said to be one of the top 5 linemen in the country next year.
Basically it's a pick your poison offense. If you want to load the box to stop Justin we can pick you apart in the air. If you want to stop the air attack Justin will have a field day. It's a very fun time to be a Buckeye fan.

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
I think people see you say we throw we throw we throw and if GJ's arm gets tired we run and they dont understand some things. i was just kinda being sarcastic.

gtownpoke
10-10-2006, 01:15 PM
ya i realize that... some dont.
this week vs. sabine should be a good preview of what kind of athletes we will have in the next couple of years.

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I think people see you say we throw we throw we throw and if GJ's arm gets tired we run and they dont understand some things. We throw a lot because our QB is setting records and going D-1. He is throwing to Curtis Brown who is going to the University of Texas and to Jamell Kennedy who is going to SMU.
But dont get confused there.. it's not like we dont have the option of running the ball. If Curtis and Jamell were out we could run the ball the entire game and be fine. Justin Johnson, who is said to be one of the top 3 running backs in the country by Rivals and Scout next year, runs behind one of the best lines in the state which is led by David Snow, who is said to be one of the top 5 linemen in the country next year.
Basically it's a pick your poison offense. If you want to load the box to stop Justin we can pick you apart in the air. If you want to stop the air attack Justin will have a field day. It's a very fun time to be a Buckeye fan. Sounds like nobody has a chance for the next several years, so we'll just start playing basketball :D

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Sounds like nobody has a chance for the next several years, so we'll just start playing basketball :D
Here you go. :D

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/smily104.gif

gtownpoke
10-10-2006, 01:50 PM
you can always try for small school :D

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
you can always try for small school :D May have to. Gilmer is just too much :eek: :D

MagicMan
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
theres no point in being sarcastic. gilmer really is going to win D1 without a problem.

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
theres no point in being sarcastic. gilmer really is going to win D1 without a problem. You should know. Reading your posts shows me you know it all. :rolleyes:

MagicMan
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM
no just reading about gilmer and knowing who plays for them lets me know that they will win state with ease. 21 touchdown passes through 5 games. enough said.

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 02:26 PM
no just reading about gilmer and knowing who plays for them lets me know that they will win state with ease. 21 touchdown passes through 5 games. enough said. Oh, such infinite wisdom :rolleyes:

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
no just reading about gilmer and knowing who plays for them lets me know that they will win state with ease. 21 touchdown passes through 5 games. enough said. You dah man!!!!

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 02:29 PM
i wish this thread would go away:D

44INAROW
10-10-2006, 02:53 PM
i wish this thread would go away:D

lol someone will just start another one :D

pirate4state
10-10-2006, 02:57 PM
i wish this thread would go away:D NO!! This is FUN stuff to read!!! :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 03:10 PM
It surely helps pass the time :)

pirate4state
10-10-2006, 03:12 PM
It surely helps pass the time :) and is especially a welcome treat after having to deal with some idiots at work. :D

JT44
10-10-2006, 03:12 PM
theres no point in being sarcastic. gilmer really is going to win D1 without a problem.

Call the season and everyone start playing b-ball!!!!!

44INAROW
10-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and is especially a welcome treat after having to deal with some idiots at work. :D

I thought they were all in my office today :devil: Dang, I think when it started raining - they came out of the woodwork :D

JT44
10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I personally talked to some players this week, and thanks to gonzales they feel they will play gilmer. They do not like the hype around Gilmer and their QB and feel that cuero as a whole has as many weapons as Gilmer. they want that shootout!
Granted, they have to make it their first, but they are up to the challenge.

Ranger Mom
10-10-2006, 03:22 PM
I personally talked to some players this week, and thanks to gonzales they feel they will play gilmer. They do not like the hype around Gilmer and their QB and feel that cuero as a whole has as many weapons as Gilmer. they want that shootout!
Granted, they have to make it their first, but they are up to the challenge.

No matter who would win or lose...that would be a matchup I WOULD NOT miss!!

pirate4state
10-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I thought they were all in my office today :devil: Dang, I think when it started raining - they came out of the woodwork :D You mean it's gonna get worse when it RAINS???? :eek: :doh:

lostaussie
10-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Granted, they have to make it their first, but they are up to the challenge. unfortunately, most and I repeat MOST of the hype does not come from us. but I know we would welcome the competition. it would be a great game.

big daddy russ
10-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Gilmer....

This thread may interest you. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42069&highlight=gilmer+justin+johnson)

Not a Gilmerite, but I found this (http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=518868) article about them earlier in the year. Well, it's actually about that stud RB of theirs--- already being compared to Adrian Peterson. I've heard some say he's the number one overall recruit in next year's class, some say that he's only the third-best RB. Either way, he's good.

Gilmer already has what, five D-IA signees so far this year? LB Dominique Buchanon and QB G.J. Kinne to Baylor (both three star prospects), ATH Jamell Kennedy to SMU (two star), DB/WR Curtis Brown to UT (five star prospect... in other words one of the top 25 or so players in the nation), and someone help me out if I'm missing someone.

Earlier in the year, I had said that Gilmer had a dozen D-I prospects on their team. This is the article I got that info from. Considering the juniors and sophomores who haven't signed yet and the kids who may wind up at IAA schools, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Basically, Gilmer's a college team in the making.

gobblerfan02
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This thread may interest you. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42069&highlight=gilmer+justin+johnson)

Gilmer already has what, five D-IA signees so far this year? LB Dominique Buchanon and QB G.J. Kinne to Baylor (both three star prospects),

Poor Kinne, he'll have to compete w/ another former QB from Cuero. Probably will have to wait to play behind him, but who knows.....so, even if cuero and gilmer don't get to play, there will still be some competition between the two at baylor next year!

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Poor Kinne, he'll have to compete w/ another former QB from Cuero. Probably will have to wait to play behind him, but who knows.....so, even if cuero and gilmer don't get to play, there will still be some competition between the two at baylor next year! Would this be Andrew?

gobblerfan02
10-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Would this be Andrew? yes, this would be andrew heard!

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
yes, this would be andrew heard! One exciting high school quarterback. When he became ill, my kids sent him a get well card (they idolize him) and he sent them an autographed picture which hangs in their rooms to this day. Very gracious young man...I wish him luck.

dirtydan
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Sounds like nobody has a chance for the next several years, so we'll just start playing basketball :D

you got that right. gilmer has these three cruise missiles in the air attack, {curtis, jamell, lamar} and also a tank called the "BUS" {justin} in the ground attack, and those big hogs on the offensive line to protect everybody. bring on texas, baylor or lufkin, southlake carroll.

44INAROW
10-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
you got that right. gilmer has these three cruise missiles in the air attack, {curtis, jamell, lamar} and also a tank called the "BUS" {justin} in the ground attack, and those big hogs on the offensive line to protect everybody. bring on texas, baylor or lufkin, southlake carroll.

the problem with Message Boards and Forums is that it is difficult to determine if someone is being sarcastic or not. I sure hope you are being sarcastic. While I don't doubt Gilmer's ability and there is no doubt they are a great team, comparing a high school team to a Div I college team, is going a little over the top :rolleyes:

MagicMan
10-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
the problem with Message Boards and Forums is that it is difficult to determine if someone is being sarcastic or not. I sure hope you are being sarcastic. While I don't doubt Gilmer's ability and there is no doubt they are a great team, comparing a high school team to a Div I college team, is going a little over the top :rolleyes:
unless its the aggies