PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 games of the week suggestions?

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2006, 12:28 AM
I wanted to get this started, because I'll be working :weeping: again this weekend and don't want to forget or wait too late.

Region I is pretty much set - Battle of the Big Sandy - Decatur @ Bridgeport.

There's lots of potentially good games across the state, with district play beginning for all but a few districts. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Bellville Brahmas vs Navasota Rattlers, thats my vote!:wave:

theyoefnshow
10-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Hutto vs. Cameron on Friday the 13th @ Yoe stadium, first week of district, huge rivalry....should be a classic!!

PHS Wildcats
10-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Region III

Palestine Westwood (4-1) @ Palestine (4-1)

:clap:

pirate4state
10-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Eh, it doesn't even matter someone will always be :weeping: about their game not being GotW.

bobcat1
10-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Pilot Point @ Celina should be a good un.

lostaussie
10-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Pilot Point @ Celina should be a good un. i don't have the Dallas area region II schedules, but the "east side" games this week are terrible. i could not even find one worth mentioning.

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Region III

I was thinking that sounded pretty good.

Bullaholic
10-07-2006, 09:26 AM
IV

Luling @ Bandera ?

Bull19
10-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I was thinking that sounded pretty good.

AGREED

District303aPastPlayer
10-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Hutto vs. Cameron on Friday the 13th @ Yoe stadium, first week of district, huge rivalry....should be a classic!!

Is this the battle of the bell or something... i know it has a name... right?

VWG
10-07-2006, 10:27 AM
No offense to Bridgeport..... but game of the week?
Battle of the Big Sandy could be a blowout.

VWG
10-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Region I
Canyon at Snyder or Iowa Park at Burk

GWOOD
10-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by VWG
No offense to Bridgeport..... but game of the week?
Battle of the Big Sandy could be a blowout.

I would agree. This year it is not as big a game.

Other suggestions:

Greenwood (6-0) vs. Seminole (5-1)

Final tuneup for each team before district kicks off. Greenwood will be a slight favorite. But GW was favored last year and got beat 40-39. Two explosive QB's in Washington (GW) and Boyd (Sem). Should be another high scoring game.

Canyon/Snyder is a good matchup as well.

ThE_OnE_lObOe
10-07-2006, 11:04 AM
How bout Monahans(4-1) @ Clint(6-0)

Boosty_Hondo
10-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Region IV Hondo Vs. Bye:inlove:

44INAROW
10-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Region III

I am not in Reg III but this sounds like a good matchup

Reg IV - Gobblers vs Sharks (just kidding LHPM) :D

sweetwater07
10-07-2006, 12:24 PM
I wanted to get this started, because I'll be working :weeping: again this weekend and don't want to forget or wait too late.

There's lots of potentially good games across the state, with district play beginning for all but a few districts. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

is this played in Big Sandy??..and i figure that Decatur is going to have their way with Bridgeport..so i'll see if i can find a better one LHPM to suggest

jlwzz
10-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I agree that this years battle of the big sandy should not be the GOTW.

NateDawg39
10-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
I agree that this years battle of the big sandy should not be the GOTW. I wouldnt but down Bridgeport people...its gonna be a good hard faught game and probably a tough one for the Eagles. but its all good...I dont care who the GOTW belongs to.

sweetwater07
10-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I wouldnt but down Bridgeport people...its gonna be a good hard faught game and probably a tough one for the Eagles. but its all good...I dont care who the GOTW belongs to.

Cobb should have a field day in this game...i'd like to see a better, closer game that this at GoTW

ILS1
10-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Is this the battle of the bell or something... i know it has a name... right?

No,that's Cameron vs. Rockdale for the Battle Of The Bell. Just that Hutto & Cameron have played some classic games in this short,heated 3 year rivalry.

2004: Hutto 38 Cameron 35 in OT @ Yoe Field and ruined their perfect season.

2005: Cameron 17 Hutto 13 @ Hippo Field for the District Championship
2005: Hutto 35 Cameron 14 @ RRISD Stadium for the Region III Championship

2006: ???????? Should be another great one @ Yoe Field

:D :D

awizzy
10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
region III columbia at wharton...last two years there had been a fight...kind of..columbia coming off a big win and wharton now 2-0 these guys really dont like each other

fury900
10-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Iowa Park 4-2 @ Burkburnett 5-1

jlwzz
10-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Cobb should have a field day in this game...i'd like to see a better, closer game that this at GoTW
wow i agree with a Sweetwater fan, but like i said,there are better games than this will be, and there is no disrespect to Bridgeport, but they are a little down this year

CueroDad2006
10-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Luling @ Bandera ? [/B][/QUOTE]

I really think you and us both can find alot better game than this one...please
Ill take Bandera 44-6

pirate4state
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Port Isabel (4-2) vs. La Feria (4-0)

or

Ingleside (4-1) vs. Aransas Pass (3-2) - throw the records out the window ;) this game is always a grudge match.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
No,that's Cameron vs. Rockdale for the Battle Of The Bell. Just that Hutto & Cameron have played some classic games in this short,heated 3 year rivalry.

2004: Hutto 38 Cameron 35 in OT @ Yoe Field and ruined their perfect season.

2005: Cameron 17 Hutto 13 @ Hippo Field for the District Championship
2005: Hutto 35 Cameron 14 @ RRISD Stadium for the Region III Championship

2006: ???????? Should be another great one @ Yoe Field

:D :D Nah Hutto 42 - Cameron 10

tigerpride_08
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
West Columbia at Wharton...very big district game...

gobblerfan02
10-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am not in Reg III but this sounds like a good matchup

Reg IV - Gobblers vs Sharks (just kidding LHPM) :D I'll vote for the gobblers versus the palacious sharks....who else plays in reg. IV???

Gobblers (6-0) vs. Sharks (2-4)...should be a close one at gobbler stadium on the 13th!!! :D :D :D

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM

Don't forget about Greenwood vs. Seminole.

Centextrash
10-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I'll vote for the gobblers versus the palacious sharks....who else plays in reg. IV???

Gobblers (6-0) vs. Sharks (2-4)...should be a close one at gobbler stadium on the 13th!!! :D :D :D

Oh yeah.... Cuero JV 35 Palacios 14

99IHSMustang
10-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Ingleside vs AP

Snyder_TigerFan
10-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Region I

Canyon @ Snyder????

After starting the season our 0-3, losing very close games against tough competition that could have gone either way....Snyder has rebounded and is now 3-3. Snyder faces a tough Canyon team, and its time to see what they are made of.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Region I

Canyon @ Snyder????

After starting the season our 0-3, losing very close games against tough competition that could have gone either way....Snyder has rebounded and is now 3-3. Snyder faces a tough Canyon team, and its time to see what they are made of.

I like that one!!

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Don't forget about Greenwood vs. Seminole.

No!! No!!

I am holding out for Greenwood Vs. Snyder! Which is the same week as Sweetwater Vs. Abilene Wylie!!:eek: :eek:

SintonFan
10-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Ingleside (4-1) vs. Aransas Pass (3-2)
or
Sinton (1-4) vs. Orange Grove (5-0)
I'll ask if most in the state much less our region or area could pick a winner from either of these games.:thinking: :clap: :)
Definitely, Games of the Week.:kiss:

mr.leopard man
10-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Pilot Point @ Celina should be a good un. i agree that should be....

Snyder_TigerFan
10-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
No!! No!!

I am holding out for Greenwood Vs. Snyder! Which is the same week as Sweetwater Vs. Abilene Wylie!!:eek: :eek:

Even though Snyder vs. Greenwood will be a HUGE game that week for us, Wylie vs. Sweetwater has to be the GOTW for that week....and I'm saying it now....Wylie "upsets" Sweetwater. ;)

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2006, 06:55 AM
No!! No!!

I was holding out for Greenwood vs Snyder also. :D

pirate4state
10-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I was holding out for Greenwood vs Snyder also. :D Sweetwater v. Abilene Wylie could be a wild card game. :thumbsup: :D

fireman1
10-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Columbia @ Wharton important win for both teams. This win could very well decide the playoff race

District303aPastPlayer
10-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Ingleside (4-1) vs. Aransas Pass (3-2)
or
Sinton (1-4) vs. Orange Grove (5-0)
I'll ask if most in the state much less our region or area could pick a winner from either of these games.:thinking: :clap: :)
Definitely, Games of the Week.:kiss:

West Oso plays Mathis this week in our other district game... should be a good'n

Stownhorse
10-08-2006, 02:03 PM
No!! No!!

Can we split the region I GOTW????? lol

AP Panther Fan
10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Aransas Pass vs Ingleside (officially known as the Battle of the Bay this year....guess that beats the Toilet Bowl)! Both Booster Clubs are selling identical shirts (except the purple or blue shirt color).:D

tigerbyheart
10-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I think the GOTW should be Canyon vs Snyder.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I was holding out for Greenwood vs Snyder also. :D

Woo Hoo~~~~YIPPEE~~~~Yee Haw!!!

Have I told you lately that I love ya??:inlove: :inlove:

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Even though Snyder vs. Greenwood will be a HUGE game that week for us, Wylie vs. Sweetwater has to be the GOTW for that week....and I'm saying it now....Wylie "upsets" Sweetwater. ;)

Why does it HAVE to be the GOTW??

Just curious!!

Snydertigersrul
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM

Wylie will win, but it is not an upset. Wylie has received more votes than Sweetwater in the AP for the past two weeks.

Snydertigersrul
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM

Just curious!!

Why not have two games of the week?

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Why not have two games of the week?

Then everyone will want two games...then they will ask for three....and before you know it, every single game being played that week will be GOTW!!:p :p

Da Mules
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Then everyone will want two games...then they will ask for three....and before you know it, every single game being played that week will be GOTW!!:p :p

well... how bout Muleshoe vs Tulia :D

Bandera YaYa
10-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Luling @ Bandera ?

I really think you and us both can find alot better game than this one...please
Ill take Bandera 44-6 [/B][/QUOTE] :inlove: :inlove:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-08-2006, 08:05 PM

Just curious!!

Well, after thinking more about it...I can't come up with a good reason to pick it over the Snyder/Greenwood game, so I've changed my mind....I think Snyder/Greenwood should be GOTW that week.:D

STANG RED
10-08-2006, 08:17 PM

Dont hold your breath on this one. I just saw one decent RB run rough shod all over the Wylie D this past friday night. Banyard, Greene, Cunnings, & Davis will shredd them for about 400 yards when the time comes. Just wait and see.
But no doubt this should be the GOTW when that week rolls around. I know I'll catch alot of greif for this, but the Greenwood/Snyder game is a distant second at best.

sweetwater07
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
No!! No!!

what a joke...come on RM...you know you want Sweetwater v.s Wylie to be the GOTW that week because Greenwood is going to roll Snyder

sweetwater07
10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Wylie will win, but it is not an upset. Wylie has received more votes than Sweetwater in the AP for the past two weeks.

AP polls and polls in general mean nothing...and as far as Wylie beating us..it would be the result of being outcoached...not talent on the field...
yall ahd probably better worry about winning yalls district with Greenwood doing good this year..

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
what a joke...come on RM...you know you want Sweetwater v.s Wylie to be the GOTW that week because Greenwood is going to roll Snyder

Hmmm...that shows how well you DON'T know me!!:)

I'm sure the Rangers aren't going in that game with the same attitude you have...they know they are gonna have their work cut out for them.

sweetwater07
10-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Hmmm...that shows how well you DON'T know me!!:)

I'm sure the Rangers aren't going in that game with the same attitude you have...they know they are gonna have their work cut out for them.

come on RM...snyder lost to three sorry opponents the first three weeks...and noone give me the crap of "it could have went either way".......coulda, woulda, shoulda...plain and simple..Snyder didn't get the job done.....Greenwood won't have any problems in this game
so once again...two Ranked teams for GOTW that week..if you please..:D

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 08:44 PM
come on RM...snyder lost to three sorry opponents the first three weeks...and noone give me the crap of "it could have went either way".......coulda, woulda, shoulda...plain and simple..Snyder didn't get the job done.....Greenwood won't have any problems in this game
so once again...two Ranked teams for GOTW that week..if you please..:D

When it's all said and done...it's not my decision anyway!!

As far as the game goes.....you are letting that "Snyder Hate" cloud your judgement! When it comes to Snyder, I'm not that jaded yet.

Even as down as we have been the past couple of years, Snyder and Greenwood always seemed to play each other close, I just don't see that changing this season either!!

sweetwater07
10-08-2006, 08:50 PM

As far as the game goes.....you are letting that "Snyder Hate" cloud your judgement! When it comes to Snyder, I'm not that jaded yet.

!

yeah i do have that Snyder hate...but i also think they are nothing more than average if that this year..nothing like the old days of 4-3A

SWMustang
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
yeah i do have that Snyder hate...but i also think they are nothing more than average if that this year..nothing like the old days of 4-3A

Or the old days of 2-4A

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 08:53 PM

Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or me??:D

sweetwater07
10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or me??:D

lol...
i see i'm not going to convince you that Snyder is sorry this year..so i will just suggest Canyon vs. Snyder this week..

Ranger Mom
10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
lol...
i see i'm not going to convince you that Snyder is sorry this year..so i will just suggest Canyon vs. Snyder this week..

HaHa!! I have no clue if they are "sorry or not"..I haven't seen them play. The only measuring stick that I can go by is the common opponent we have played.

Greenwood - 35
Estacado - 8

Snyder - 29
Estacado - 12

I HAVE, in fact, seen Sweetwater play. I saw their scrimmage against MC and their first game against WF....based on those 2 things, I would have said that they were down from last year.....so what do I know??:p

One thing I DO know is, the Rangers WILL NOT take them lightly!!

mistanice
10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I vote for Diboll at Rusk for Region 3.

Gilbert Moye and Co. - Justin Sturns and Co.

Doesn't get much better than 2 of the top players in the state going head to head on the same field. Both can make something out of nothing.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
If I don't get them up later tonight, they'll be up early in the morning. Dang work..... :bigcry: