PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffalos vs La Grange Leps?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-06-2006, 11:37 PM
This game will be two 5-0 teams playing there 1st district game, Giddings has proven that they are for real and will have a good run in the play-offs, or will win state. La Grange has not played a team near the caliber of the Buffalos, will the Leps show they are contenders, or pre-tenders?
Give insight and a prediction.

gold_33
10-06-2006, 11:51 PM
This one's hard to predict cause I havent seen La Grange play but I have seen Giddings. The Buffs looked very hard to beat when Wimberley played them and Fitzhenry is as fast as anybody in the state plus their fullback is and absolute beast, like 6'2 260 or something. Giddings has great all-around speed and size and the D is underrated cause to hold Wim to 14 is pretty darn good. They're a handfull for any team in the state and probably too much for La Grange.

manormustangs
10-07-2006, 12:00 AM
gidding will pull this one out easy.....lg is good but these buffs or tough

giddings 45
lg 12

Pudlugger
10-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Well Former, I know you are anxiously awaiting my prediction. I'll just stipulate to the point that the Buffs have plowed under at least three very good teams thus far. This is however, the Warda Bowl, and as folks out this way will attest, strange forces are at work and the laws of physics get all confused. So, when the teams take the field no one can predict what will happen: the clock might turn backwards; the refs might misplace their seeing eye dogs; the clouds may part and a voice from above that shakes the very foundations of the stands will resonate--Play ball!!!!

bottom line: the Leps better bring it Friday.:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well Former, I know you are anxiously awaiting my prediction. I'll just stipulate to the point that the Buffs have plowed under at least three very good teams thus far. This is however, the Warda Bowl, and as folks out this way will attest, strange forces are at work and the laws of physics get all confused. So, when the teams take the field no one can predict what will happen!

bottom line: the Leps better bring it Friday.:D

No one can predict what will happen? Heres your 1st no one.
Giddings 45 La Grange 6.

Pudlugger
10-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
This one's hard to predict cause I havent seen La Grange play but I have seen Giddings. The Buffs looked very hard to beat when Wimberley played them and Fitzhenry is as fast as anybody in the state plus their fullback is and absolute beast, like 6'2 260 or something. Giddings has great all-around speed and size and the D is underrated cause to hold Wim to 14 is pretty darn good. They're a handfull for any team in the state and probably too much for La Grange.

A darn good post. A- : misspelled an.
Lots of profs in Wimberley eh?:D

Pudlugger
10-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Okay by me, just keep lowering the bar here.:D

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Giddings by 14

yoemenkracker30
10-07-2006, 08:03 AM
giddings by 21

Bull19
10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
THIS GAME WILL BE OVER WITH EARLY. THE LEPS HAVEN'T FACED ANYONE CLOSE TO THE STRENGTH OF THE BUFFS.

BUFFS 48 - LEPS 3

Pudlugger
10-07-2006, 12:27 PM
The way I see things now is that the pressure is definately not on the Leps. Everyone expects them to lose and most think they will lose big. Sure, they have not played any top teams, most of their wins were at the expense of teams in the middle or lower quadriles of 3a. However, what I see in this team is good. They have come from behind twice early on in the season to win. Their defense is definately better than early on with two shut outs in their past two games. They have size, speed, and experience. The Lep O line has size and depth averaging over 250 with several big players in reserve. The recievers are quick and have sure hands. The linebackers are very aggressive and have enough speed to contain the option. There are 29 seniors on the team bringing experience to the game. Woods, a senior, has started since his sophomore year. He and the other seniors have played against some of the best 3a teams and athletes in the state. Noack, Kerley, Fitzhenry, to just name three. Sure they got rolled bad by the Buffs last year and the year before, that's not in despute. The Buffs are every bit as good as folks on this board have said and the Leps will have to play at a level that they have not yet attained to hang with them. But heh, no one expects them to win or even stay close so no big deal, just play your best Leps and that will be enough for folks in La Grange.

Bull's-eye
10-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Giddings smallest margin of victory was by 15 points over a very good Hutto team. I don't think we can put LG in the same class as the Hippos, but they are undefeated and have been playing very good defense. Take in consideration that is rivalry between two neighboring schools, the game could end up a little closer than one might expect. I still think Giddings wins by at least 21 points.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2006, 12:48 PM
La Grange impressed me in their scrimmage against Cuero... they have made great improvements...

the leps will give 'em some hell win or lose...

Darren
10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
LaGrange and Giddings have always been rivals. They are only about 15 miles apart down 77 and LaGrange always puts up a good fight.

That being said I will take Giddings by 14.

Good luck to all I will be at the game parking cars so try not to hit me.

Raider Nurse
10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Giddings by 21.

sweetwater07
10-07-2006, 05:47 PM
go La Grange.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-07-2006, 05:50 PM
The way I see things now is that the pressure is definately not on the Leps. Everyone expects them to lose and most think they will lose big. Sure, they have not played any top teams, most of their wins were at the expense of teams in the middle or lower quadriles of 3a. However, what I see in this team is good. They have come from behind twice early on in the season to win. Their defense is definately better than early on with two shut outs in their past two games. They have size, speed, and experience. The Lep O line has size and depth averaging over 250 with several big players in reserve. The recievers are quick and have sure hands. The linebackers are very aggressive and have enough speed to contain the option. There are 29 seniors on the team bringing experience to the game. Woods, a senior, has started since his sophomore year. He and the other seniors have played against some of the best 3a teams and athletes in the state. Noack, Kerley, Fitzhenry, to just name three. Sure they got rolled bad by the Buffs last year and the year before, that's not in despute. The Buffs are every bit as good as folks on this board have said and the Leps will have to play at a level that they have not yet attained to hang with them. But heh, no one expects them to win or even stay close so no big deal, just play your best Leps and that will be enough for folks in La Grange.

Good to see you back supporting the Leps, Pudlugger.

WOS1
10-07-2006, 07:27 PM
WO-S vs Giddings in the second round will be a slugfest.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd take WO-S

sabre1
10-08-2006, 12:15 AM

Pud it is amazing to sit here reading your post to have you already making excuses for the beating your mighty Leps are
about to take. The Oline avg is 250 because one kid weighs 310 and the other weighs 260. So don't act like all five are huge. Besides both are very slow. If I am not mistaken these are the same LB's from last year, and they could not stop the option then and I doubt it very seriously that they can do it now.

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Sabre1 you should know it is not a good idea to supply the opposition with bullitin board material before a big game. We already know the Buffs are great.

I try to bring some interesting information about my team into this thread and you respond with some "My Daddy is tougher than your Daddy" nonsense. It lowers the level of discourse and is very tiresome. Let's hear something interesting about your team instead of how bad they are going to whup on the Leps. LOL:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
Pud it is amazing to sit here reading your post to have you already making excuses for the beating your mighty Leps are
about to take.

5-0 in nice, but already making excuses? Lets see how the first 3 games of district pan out. These games will show us how good the Leps are.

The Kracken
10-08-2006, 09:39 AM
i was also impressed la grange held there own against Cuero in the scrimmage going to interesting to see how well giddings can handle the game against them

raider red 2000
10-08-2006, 09:48 AM
if navasota dosnt make the post season.....who is the big school.

also....predictions....caldwell or lagrange to make the playoffs....with giddings and bellville.

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
5-0 in nice, but already making excuses? Lets see how the first 3 games of district pan out. These games will show us how good the Leps are.

No excuses, just stating the obvious. No body expects the Leps to beat Giddings. Most predict a blowout. That puts all the pressure on the Buffs. All the Leps have to do is play their best. If you and Sabre1 can't differentiate that from excuses you know little about the psychology of competetive sports. :rolleyes:

gobbler grad
10-08-2006, 10:07 AM
LaGrange will need to bring their best game...no mistakes here...will be pretty close one, but the Buffs pull this one out...27-21

Bull19
10-08-2006, 11:18 AM
No excuses, just stating the obvious. No body expects the Leps to beat Giddings. Most predict a blowout. That puts all the pressure on the Buffs. All the Leps have to do is play their best. If you and Sabre1 can't differentiate that from excuses you know little about the psychology of competetive sports. :rolleyes:

YOU SAY GIDDINGS HAS THE PRESSURE ON THEM, BUT I DONT AGREE. GIDDINGS IS COMING INTO THE GAME WITH A SWAGGER OF WE ARE GUNNA TEAR THE LEPS APART. THEY HAVE NO PRESSURE ON THEM, THEY KNOW THEY ARE A BETTER TEAM, ALL THEY ARE THINKING IS HANDLE YOUR OWN ASSINGMENTS AND EVERYTHING WILL FALL INTO PLACE. THE LEPS ARE THE ONES WITH THE PRESSURE. EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A NICE LITTLE RUN IN DISTRICT TO MAKE IT TO THE POST SEASON. LOOK FOR THEM TO TRY TO FORCE ALOT OF PLAYS. I EXPECT THEM TO TURN THE BALL OVER AT LEAST 3 TIMES.

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Turnovers may well be a big factor in who wins this game. I've heard the Buffs have been known to put the ball on the ground a few times. The Leps will need to play error free football which they have come close to in a couple of games so far. If they can limit the penalties and avoid turnovers they will make a game of it Friday. Nice to know the Buffs have a swagger. Are you sure it isn't just a load in their pants? Ha Ha j/k. Here's to a clean and injury free game.:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Nice to know the Buffs have a swagger. Are you sure it isn't just a load in their pants?

I think if anyone has a load in there pants, it wont be the Buffs!

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I think if anyone has a load in there pants, it wont be the Buffs!

I think you have a load of LG beating Bellville in the early '00's stuck in your throat...

just let it all out, like therapy or somethin'...

Gobbla2001
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Now back on subject...

what exactly does that Giddings offense do (from my knowledge, which isn't much, it's option style?)??

And has LG faced anything similar??? if so how'd it go???

and YESSSSS I knowwwww they may have done well against that systteemmmm this year but not against that great of QBBBBB like Giddings has so don't bother saying that crap...

I just want info, real football information right here... no hatin'...

Bull's-eye
10-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think you have a load of LG beating Bellville in the early '00's stuck in your throat..

They have only played twice in the early '00's, with both teams owning a victory. Last game in 2001, Bellville won 31-7.

KL3
10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I think you have a load of LG beating Bellville in the early '00's stuck in your throat...

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They have only played twice in the early '00's, with both teams owning a victory. Last game in 2001, Bellville won 31-7.

Thanks for pointing that out Bull's-eye.

CHEERDAD
10-08-2006, 06:58 PM
They have only played twice in the early '00's, with both teams owning a victory. Last game in 2001, Bellville won 31-7

Yes, a classy performance where the Bellviile defense took out our starting quarterback with a blatant neck snapping facemask tackle.

After he was able to get off the field,pulled the same stunt on our back up quarterback on the very next play.

LG went on to their second straight state final appearence,loosing a close game to Commerce

KL3
10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by CHEERDAD
Yes, a classy performance where the Bellviile defense took out our starting quarterback with a blatant neck snapping facemask tackle.

After he was able to get off the field,pulled the same stunt on our back up quarterback on the very next play.

You can't be serious.

LG went on to their second straight state final appearence,loosing a close game to Commerce

I guess that just shows how much stronger D1 was that year than D2.

Pudlugger
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Thanks for pointing that out Bull's-eye.

Truth! I was there and I couldn't believe my eyes. Anderle was going in for a td on the 7 yardline in a close game and the DE pulled him down from behind by the facemask. He was on the ground for 15 minutes and everyone in the stands thought he broke his neck. When he came out the backup qb went in and they ran the same play, option right. They faced masked him just like before. The third string qb scored. It was then halftime. In the second half the Bulls took it to the Leps. Anderle was out for most of the second half with a sprained neck and the Leps never recovered. After the game Coach Valastro was hoping mad and told Chancellor he would never win a state championship.The Leps went on to run the table all the way to state while the Bulls bowed out in round one to Burnet in DI. This is why FBB has it in for the Leps, he just can't get over not winning state after beating the Leps in the Facemask Bowl in the aptly named "Field of Pain". BTW in 2002 the Bulls had a shot at the Ring and blew it against a fired up Bandara. Coach V's prediction was right on. Bring it!:mad:

Bull19
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Truth! I was there and I couldn't believe my eyes. Anderle was going in for a td on the 7 yardline in a close game and the DE pulled him down from behind by the facemask. He was on the ground for 15 minutes and everyone in the stands thought he broke his neck. When he came out the backup qb went in and they ran the same play, option right. They faced masked him just like before. The third string qb scored. It was then halftime. In the second half the Bulls took it to the Leps. Anderle was out for most of the second half with a sprained neck and the Leps never recovered. After the game Coach Valastro was hoping mad and told Chancellor he would never win a state championship.The Leps went on to run the table all the way to state while the Bulls bowed out in round one to Burnet in DI. This is why FBB has it in for the Leps, he just can't get over not winning state after beating the Leps in the Facemask Bowl in the aptly named "Field of Pain". BTW in 2002 the Bulls had a shot at the Ring and blew it against a fired up Bandara. Coach V's prediction was right on. Bring it!:mad:

YOU NEED TO STOP CRYING ABOUT THE PAST. FACEMASKS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IN FOOTBALL, ITS A PART OF THE GAME. GET USED TO IT. PLAYERS REALIZE THE RISK OF THE GAME WHEN THEY SIGN UP TO PLAY, IF THEY WANNA KNOW FOR SURE THEY WONT GET HURT THEY CAN SIGN UP FOR DRAMA CLASS. ANYHOW PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY. IT ONLY BENEFITS THE PERSON

Bull's-eye
10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
The Leps went on to run the table all the way to state while the Bulls bowed out in round one to Burnet in DI.

People really need to do some research and get their facts straight. In 2001, Bellville went 3 rounds before losing to Sinton 21-13. They defeated Burnet 20-14 and Bandera 17-7.

Bull's-eye
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
There are 8 votes for LG and I haven't read any posts saying LG will win. Will those voters post on why they think LG will defeat Giddings?

bulldogman06
10-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
YOU NEED TO STOP CRYING ABOUT THE PAST. FACEMASKS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IN FOOTBALL, ITS A PART OF THE GAME. GET USED TO IT. PLAYERS REALIZE THE RISK OF THE GAME WHEN THEY SIGN UP TO PLAY, IF THEY WANNA KNOW FOR SURE THEY WONT GET HURT THEY CAN SIGN UP FOR DRAMA CLASS. ANYHOW PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY. IT ONLY BENEFITS THE PERSON

What are you thinkin? Pain is weakness leavin the body, true for bumps and bruises, but broken necks? would gettin hit by an eighteen wheeler be weakness leavin the body? and please stop cappin everything, its really annoying.

Bull19
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
What are you thinkin? Pain is weakness leavin the body, true for bumps and bruises, but broken necks? would gettin hit by an eighteen wheeler be weakness leavin the body? and please stop cappin everything, its really annoying.

YOUR RIGHT BROKEN NECKS ARENT A FUNNY THING,,,,,, HOWEVER THEIR WERE NO BROKEN NECKS IN THE GAME,,,THANK YOU

bulldogman06
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Dang you edited your post... sorry about postin 2

bulldogman06
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
YOUR RIGHT BROKEN NECKS ARENT A FUNNY THING HOWEVER THEIR WERE NO BROKEN NECKS IN THE GAME,,,P.S. DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO

When did I tell you to do anything? I asked you, nicely, to stop using caps.

Bull19
10-08-2006, 09:08 PM

SINCE THIS HAS TURNED INTO A HISTORY LESSON. ---THE ALL TIME RECORD FOR BELLVILLE VS. LA GRANGE,,,BELLVILLE LEADS THE SERIES 35-24

KL3
10-08-2006, 11:01 PM
The Leps went on to run the table all the way to state while the Bulls bowed out in round one to Burnet in DI.

People really need to do some research and get their facts straight. In 2001, Bellville went 3 rounds before losing to Sinton 21-13. They defeated Burnet 20-14 and Bandera 17-7.

I'll say again, thank you for pointing that out Bull's-eye.

Anderle missing time in that game wouldn't have changed the outcome. Your defense still gave up 31. That year Bellville had one of the best, if not the best defense in the state. The most they gave up all year was 21, and that was to Sinton in the Reg 4 championship game. Bellville also beat Sealy that year 29-18, a team that beat La Grange 28-13.

Eagles52
10-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm expecting around a 21 point victory for the Buffs in this game (although I do not think the game will be really competitive for more than a half maybe). However, even if the difference between these two teams is as big as some posters are suggesting (with 30+ points), its important that Giddings and Fitzhenry improve from the Hutto game and prove that all of those fumbles were just one bad night, and not a recurring issue. Its important that the Buffs continue to get better this week (and every week for that matter). Good luck to all let's all hope for an injury free game

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Now back on subject...

I just want info, real football information right here... no hatin'...
Good luck! ;)

Pudlugger
10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
...its important that Giddings and Fitzhenry improve from the Hutto game and prove that all of those fumbles were just one bad night, and not a recurring issue.

I'm going to try and talk football about this game.

Turnovers will be an important factor in the outcome of this game. The Leps so far have not had many fumbles but they have had some interceptions. It is important that they protect the football and win the turnover battle.
The offense will need to keep the Buff defense on the field. The big Lep O line can wear down a defense and protect the qb which will be the Leps strength. If the Leps can control the clock they can stay in this game.

Penalties: the Leps need to minimize mistakes and costly penalties to stay in this game.

Giddings will be running the football almost exclusively and I imagine the Leps will have a 5-4-2 type defense going most of the night. Fortunately the Leps have two very physical 250 lb DTs who should be effective against the big Buff tb. If nothing else they will tie up the middle to give the lbs a good shot on the ballcarrier. Stopping Fitzhenry on the option will be another story. The DEs and CBs will have to step up to the plate here and make something happen. The Buffs have been successful against Wimberley and Hutto two strong teams. It will be revealing to see how the Lep defense stand up against this powerful offense.

If the Leps can stay close I think the kicking game will be a big factor. The Leps have an excellent kicker as well as punter. I don't know much about the Giddings kicker but from all their scoring I'm sure he has had plenty of practice on extra points! LOL.

In summary the Leps need to play their best game on both sides of the football. They need to protect the football and hopefully get a few breaks on turnovers. The Lep O line must control the line of scrimmage to enable the offense to move the chains. The Lep defense must find a way to stop one of the best qb and option teams in the state. No mean feat, and that is why few here predict a Lep victory. But hey, its a big game and in high school football you never know sometimes you can be surprised.

I would like to hear some specifics about the Buffs rather than just a rebuttal of this game analysis. In particular, information about their O line, defensive sets, secondary, receivers, etc.. I know they are good, but I would like some specifics. So if you are from Giddings let's hear it, but don't just tell me how bad the Leps will get beat. Yall have done that enough already.LOL

Bull's-eye
10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
There are 9 votes for LG and I haven't read any posts saying LG will win. Will those voters post on why they think LG will defeat Giddings?

Are people just voting for who they like to see win? :thinking:

Pudlugger
10-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Are people just voting for who they like to see win? :thinking:

Bull's-eye, I think nearly all Lep fans feel that Giddings will win this one. However, this is essentially a cross town (or cross ranch) game. Many players and fans have relatives and friends on the other team and town. It is the oldest two town rivalry in Texas high school football, or so I am told. So even though some fans wont come out and say it they are probably voting their hearts here. As you can see from my posts, I think the Leps can win but they need to play a perfect or near perfect game and get some breaks. Either way the stands will be full on both sides of the field and it will be a hard fought game.:)

Darren
10-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Pud Are you going to be at the Game?

jrhernandez7
10-09-2006, 01:32 PM
being from the are i know how big this game gona be, playoff atomosphere is gona be there. Giddings is a Team that seems to get better every week they play and LG is trying to get back to the status they were a few years ago. I see a close game, can realy go any way but this is the chance for LG to let the 3a world that they are back among the elite teams. i dont know i say 27-24 buffs but upset alert should be on for this game.

Bull19
10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
i dont know i say 27-24 buffs .

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Pudlugger
10-09-2006, 10:56 PM
La Grange played Luling coming off a bye week. They appeared a little off their rythm making some mistakes [like holding penalties and three interceptions]. A bye week is good for giving the team a rest especially in so far as injuries are conerned. Having it fall in the 3 week post grade period allows at least one less game at risk for academic ineligiblity. However, it does interfere with the momentum of the season and may reduce focus and concentration. The Leps hopefully have gotten back in the grove for Friday. I think it was good that they had Luling before the big game with #3 Giddings. The Buffs have been practicing for La Grange the past 2 weeks as they are coming off a bye week now. The added time to prepare is a plus for Giddings. However, this may also detract from the mental preparedness, timing and momemtum of a team.I think this might be a plus for the Leps. It is an interesting sports psychology issue in any case.

Bull19 will just say:

DON'T WORRY PUD THE BUFFS CAN BLOW LA GRANGE OUT ON ANY DAY.

There you go pal, I saved you the trouble. :D :D :D

cdlvj
10-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Hopefully the Leps have stuff that they have not shown this year, saving it for district.

If only they could get their passing game untracked, as it is not anything near what they had last year. Weird, last year a very good passing attack and no running game. This year their running game has jelled, but they are having problems with passing.

I do not see where Giddings will go through this district undefeated. They will have at least 1 loss.

Hopefully LG can pull off the upset. It is entirely possible.

Pudlugger
10-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Hopefully the Leps have stuff that they have not shown this year, saving it for district.

If only they could get their passing game untracked, as it is not anything near what they had last year. Weird, last year a very good passing attack and no running game. This year their running game has jelled, but they are having problems with passing.

I do not see where Giddings will go through this district undefeated. They will have at least 1 loss.

Hopefully LG can pull off the upset. It is entirely possible.

I think that the Leps have not shown everything yet. I have noticed that they have stuck to a playbook of short routes and screen passes mostly and, as you have noted, have not gone to the air aggressively. The running game is firing on all cylinders though, and it has brought them this far. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Leps run some deep routes and unveil the passing attack Friday night. Woods has a pretty strong arm and we have not seen much deep stuff yet.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 07:48 AM
They haven't used the deep crossing routes yet?

Pudlugger
10-10-2006, 07:52 AM
No.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Interesting, how well is the big reciever doing? I don't know his name.

Pudlugger
10-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Terrence Hunt. They have not gone to him much yet. When they do get the ball out to him he has impressed. We may hear from him soon. He is a weapon.

cdlvj
10-10-2006, 08:11 AM
One cool play last week, They do a lot of the split end in motion coming across to QB. Woods faked it, then dropped it to the back beside him, pulled it back out, turned around and made a good gain. Very nice.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 08:18 AM
A few of Giddings players post on here and quite a few read.

Pudlugger
10-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
A few of Giddings players post on here and quite a few read.

That's ok I'm sure the Buffs have been practicing all last week for anything the Leps can bring. Nothing new here. Players and coaches know this stuff, it's the fans that benefit from this the most. Fact is, if it's not on tape it is harder to defend, but the coaches already know the potential is there.
I'm sure Giddings has saved some stuff for district as well. Predistrict is about working out the basics and developing team cohesion, timing and sort out the strengths and weaknesses. The strategery comes during district and especially in the playoffs.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm gonna go with the Leps for an *upset special*

Darren
10-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I'm gonna go with the Leps for an *upset special*

That would be one heck of an upset.

I'll tell you one thing that might be in favor of La Grange. If we get as much rain as some of you guys are getting it could take a toll on the speed Giddings has.

Anything can happen but I am sticking with the homer prediction of Giddings winning.

cdlvj
10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
The one thing I cannot believe is that the LG coaches have not figured out a major problem when they have an interception. This happend at Luling and the guy ran the interception back 100 yards for a TD. It was called back because of a penalty.

Last year this must have happened 8 or 9 times. The receivers are supposed 1. to catch the ball, 2. make sure that the defender does not, and 3. tackle the defender in the event of an interception. It looks as though whenever an interception occurs, LG pretty much lays down and allows the score.

Pudlugger
10-10-2006, 02:47 PM
In regard to the Luling pick, Hunt and another Luling guy were laid out on the field for several minutes after colliding . The blocking in the back occured a ways downfield which sprung the guy for the runback. The qb, receivers and backs need to be ready for a possible interception and pursue accordingly, big O linemen have difficulty in open field tackling so they can't leave it up to them. The first guy who knows it is an interception is the qb and he's the one in the best position to prevent a run back. I remember last year in the Cuero openner when Neiser intercepted Noack at the 40 and Noack ran him down at his own 15 to prevent the Leps from scoring. It was a classic effort well worth reviewing on film.

cdlvj
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I remember that play. Noack is one fast dude. Neiser is probably one of the fastest LG players.

pirate4state
10-11-2006, 02:31 PM
I can't believe this was way back on page 5. :( We are beginning district play and this match up of undefeated is on page 5?? :eek:

Giddings over La Grange by 20

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm taking back my upset special thanks to lepfan!

Giddings 48
LG - 7

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I can't believe this was way back on page 5. :( We are beginning district play and this match up of undefeated is on page 5?? :eek:

Giddings over La Grange by 20

Yah, I forgot about it, glad to see "some" football talk go on after I left it be...

Darren
10-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Tiger are you playing both sides on this on? You seem to be wavering a little bit.

Old Tiger
10-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Tiger are you playing both sides on this on? You seem to be wavering a little bit. Lepfan made a remark in another thread so I have changed my mind about LG :D Blame her!

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
LG by -3

Pudlugger
10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
LG by -3

LG by minus 3? Gobbla you're covering your bet here. LOL Well so far that's the most affirmative post for the Leps on the thread.

I am optimistic as usual. Giddings has had a 3 year run on the Leps in this series after they were beaten twice in 2001 (the second game of the season and the playoff semi-final DII) and last in 2002. They must have really been ticked off! I'm hoping the Lep coaches have been preparing well for this game after the blowout last year!

What the Leps need to do to win:

Hold the Buffs to 21 points or less

The defense needs to score at least one td

Win the turnover battle and capitalize on the opportunities

Offense needs to play ball control to keep the Buff defense on the field and their O on the bench.

The offense needs to score early and gain a 2 td lead forcing the Buffs into a passing game.

Minimize penalties and mistakes

A tough order here for the Leps, but they are a well coached team with the talent and potential to win. Go Leps!!!

Gobbla2001
10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
well I don't think your D will have to score, but a take-away or a couple of great stands never hurt...

EAGLETOWN
10-11-2006, 07:24 PM
It is gonna get U.G.L.Y!!

Giddings will be subbing after the second possesion of the 3rd quarter.

Buffs 59
Leps 14

Pudlugger
10-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

Buffs 59
Leps 14

Wow, you obviously don't think much of the Leps. In a day or so we will find out if you are right. I think La Grange will bring more to the game than that.:(

Dogman_1969
10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I think the Buff's want to make a statement by putting up big numbers on another undefeated team. I look for Giddings to score at least 35 before they ease up.

Giddings 48
La Grange 7

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I love me an underdog. Go La Grange.
LG-28
Giddings-24

sweetwater07
10-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
LG-28
Giddings-24

me tambien

29-3aFAN
10-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Giddings by 31

Eagles52
10-12-2006, 02:23 PM
LG-28
Giddings-24

Rooting for an underdog...then College Station is the right place to be...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Rooting for an underdog...then College Station is the right place to be...

Yeah, I guess so. Maybe I've just always had the opinion that the game before or the year before does't matter, it is about the here and now, and who wants it the most.

Pudlugger
10-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I guess so. Maybe I've just always had the opinion that the game before or the year before does't matter, it is about the here and now, and who wants it the most.

Excellent point BBDE. A year can make a huge difference in a high school football team. Players graduate, younger players mature and grow, team chemistry changes, not to mention experience levels changing. The Leps have 29 seniors back. Those guys form a leadership nucleus and bring confidence to the field. They have been there before. This is their chance to make things right after last year's blow out. The Giddings team is good, but the Leps know that they are not so much different then they are. Heck, Giddings and La Grange folks share similar culture, many are kin to one another, and, when not playing football, are friends. This is an old rivilry with victory runs going both ways. Right now Giddings is on top but that can change. I doubt that the Leps are intimadated by the Buffs. This will be a hard fought game and not a blowout.

Bull19
10-12-2006, 04:01 PM
This will be a hard fought game and not a blowout.

VERY BOLD STATEMENT PUDLIGGER.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2006, 04:05 PM
No one can predict what will happen? Heres your 1st no one.
Giddings 45 La Grange 6.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2006, 04:06 PM

Buffs 59
Leps 14

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
What would not be a blow out? 30, 40, or 50 points?

pirate4state
10-12-2006, 04:17 PM
VERY BOLD STATEMENT PUDLIGGER. He is entitled to his bold statements. Geez.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2006, 04:31 PM
I'll put money on this game being decided by no more than 14 points.

Pudlugger
10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
VERY BOLD STATEMENT PUDLIGGER.

No not really. The Leps will give them a good game.

Bull19
10-12-2006, 05:16 PM
IF U SAY SO

Pudlugger
10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
My favorite football upset story: #1 Michigan State 10-0 plays upstart UCLA in the 1966 Rose Bowl. Michigan State was huge, they were steam rolling everyone in the Big 10. Sports writers were predicting a blood bath on the small UCLA team lead by little known qb Gary Beban and first year coach Tommy Prothro from Oregon. The Bruin O line was small even in those days averaging about 220 lbs. Michigan State was a big physical ground grinding snot knocking team molded in the traditions of Big 10 football (see Woody Hayes). One famous Los Angeles sports writer for the LA Times said he would eat crow on Washington Blvd if the Bruins won. Here is an account of the game:

1966 - UCLA 14 Michigan State 12
Tommy Prothro changes schools and finds the magic formula as coach of the UCLA Bruins (7-2-1) who knock Duffy Daugherty's Michigan Staters (10-0) out of the national championship in a thrilling 14-12 upset. Gary Beban's two quarterback-keeper touchdowns and Kurt Zimmerman's conversions give UCLA a 14-0 lead before Michigan State makes a late charge in face of heroic Bruin defense. Big Bob Apisa scores on a 38-yard pitchout play from Jim Raye, but Bruin defensive end Jerry Klein rushes a two-point pass try into a failure. Trailing by eight points, the Spartans roar back and score again on a Steve Juday keeper. Trying for two points to tie, pitchout artist Raye flips to Apisa who storms right end, being hit first by Jim Colletto and finally by little Bob Stiles inches short of the goal line.

Well, that sports writer had a crow meal covered by all the news media and the Bruins won the Rose Bowl. BTW, Kurt Zimmerman was one of the last straight up kickers and I played against him at Redlands High stadium in 1963. He was terrific.

Moral: Smaller, less well known teams with heart, potential, talent and superior coaching can surprise people.:cool:

strosfan
10-12-2006, 06:11 PM
what is giddings vs la grange all time record?

EAGLETOWN
10-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I'll put money on this game being decided by no more than 14 points.

:thinking: Oh really how much!! :thinking:

I would take a bet on this one.

Now if you said 28 I would have a problem with that bet, but 14 come on.

:doh: You must have fallen and bumped your head or something! :doh:

Do I need to go ahead and give you my address where to send the check?

This game is not going to be a matter of if the Buff's can win.

It is just going to be by how much which will be at least 28 if not more.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-13-2006, 01:32 AM

I think that it might be the other way around. La Grange is riding on a tidal wave of confidence, and if you can shut down the run, Giddings has nothing else to go to. This is going to be a tough game for both teams.

Old Tiger
10-13-2006, 03:10 AM
I think that it might be the other way around. La Grange is riding on a tidal wave of confidence, and if you can shut down the run, Giddings has nothing else to go to. This is going to be a tough game for both teams. So is Giddings.

EAGLETOWN
10-13-2006, 03:22 AM
I think that it might be the other way around. La Grange is riding on a tidal wave of confidence, and if you can shut down the run, Giddings has nothing else to go to. This is going to be a tough game for both teams.

That is a BIG IF and I'm sorry but a ton of confidence is not going to stop the Buffs offense.

I'll say it again and you can quote me on this IF I am wrong.

The Buff's by a bunch!!

IF I am wrong as soon as I can get back to a computer I'll submit my I WAS WRONG.

Best of luck to both teams tonight and here is to an injury free game.

Pudlugger
10-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Well, Eagle you are not alone among the many posters here who are prediciting a blowout. Like I said at the start of this thread the pressure is all on Giddings. Everyone expects them to roll the Leps big time. After the ball is hicked and the first big hit from our boys maybe it will start to dawn on folks that they have a game on their hands. As for the predicition, I wonder how many of these posters have seen either team play and are just basing it on the hype, relative schedules and scores. The game will be decided on the field and the Leps will be ready. Go La Grange beat Giddings!!!:D

Bellville22
10-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Giddings 42
La Grange 14

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
That is a BIG IF and I'm sorry but a ton of confidence is not going to stop the Buffs offense.

I'll say it again and you can quote me on this IF I am wrong.

The Buff's by a bunch!!

IF I am wrong as soon as I can get back to a computer I'll submit my I WAS WRONG.

Best of luck to both teams tonight and here is to an injury free game.

Fair enough, I can respect that. I too will admit I was wrong, but I'm not going to be heartbroken if I am, I just want LG to win because they've had a rough few years and they were always a classy, tough playing group of guys, both in football and in basketball.

halfnhalf
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
La Grange is playing tough right now, but Giddings is far too talented.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, Like I said at the start of this thread the pressure is all on Giddings.I wonder how many of these posters have seen either team play and are just basing it on the hype, relative schedules and scores. :D

There will be no presure on the Buffs, and for both teams playing a relative schedules, you are full of it, La Grange has not played near the pre-district scededule that Giddings has played.

Giddings by a bunch!

Pudlugger
10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Great game leps and tough one to lose 20-12. There isn't a sliver of daylight between these two teams. Giddings scored on two great long runs and one sustained drive and the Leps moved the chains all night. Hats off to the Buff defense holding on 4th and inches in the last possession for the Leps at their 45 to seal the deal.

Pudlugger will be serving crow to all those folks who predicted a blowout. I'll cook it with plenty of garlic and butter so yall will like it(they say it tastes like chicken). Let me know when and where to serve it.

On to home field to play Caldwell next.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-13-2006, 11:22 PM

Ahem....:rolleyes:

hutex04
10-13-2006, 11:25 PM
i should have made a prediction on this thread this week. I would have agreed with Pud. I would have guessed a low scoring game with Giddings winning. Say 27-17 Giddings. good luck the rest of the year leopards

44INAROW
10-13-2006, 11:43 PM
There will be no presure on the Buffs, and for both teams playing a relative schedules, you are full of it, La Grange has not played near the pre-district scededule that Giddings has played.

Giddings by a bunch!

sounds like it was a close game..