PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers vs. Robinson Rockets-Updates

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 07:42 PM
First drive for the Tigers results in a Cois Walker run from 7 yards out. A 61 yard drive puts the Rockdale Tigers up 7-0.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Robinson drives down the field on the back of Montaviero (sp?). Tiger defense holds the Rockets at the 6 yard line to 4th down, but Montaviero scores on the option play. Rockdale 7, Robinson 6 after the PAT is failed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Rockdale turns the ball over on downs at around the 23 yard line after an incompletion. Rockdale was plagued by penalties on this drive.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:07 PM
The score remains Rockdale 7, Robinson 6 at the end of the first quarter of play.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
A controversial touchback is called on a Robinson muffed punt. The ball is placed on the 20 yard line. There is a debate on whether or not the player had control. The Robinson coach was in the end zone helping to make the call.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:17 PM
After a 36 yard Kitchens run and a personal foul, late hit out of bounds, allows for Montaviero to run in for 26 yard out. Two point conversion is good. Robinson 14, Rockdale 7.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Johnson's attempt at a 33 yard field goal into the wind is no good for the Tigers on 4th down. The score remains Robinson 14, Rockdale 7.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Robinson recovers a Tiger fumble, ball on the Rocket 40 yard line.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Keenan TD run called back on a holding penalty. Score remains the same.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Another Keenan Alford TD run called back on a holding penalty.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Rockdale holds Robinson to 4th down close to their goal line. 4th and 13 for the Rockets, and Kitchens is sacked by Blair Jones for a 16 yard loss with 33 seconds left in the half.

eagles_victory
10-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Tigers are hanging in there against a solid Robinson squad pretty impressive.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Halftime. No change in the score, but Rockdale's defense has a definate morale boost after holding the Rockets to a turnover on downs deep in their territory.

hutex04
10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
go rockdale! looking good

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
go rockdale! looking good

I'm looking forward to this second half, as the Tigers have been playing their best football at this point in the game. I hate missing them play....Wish I could be there in person, cheering them on.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Montaviero fumble recovered by Derek Evans on the Rockdale 29 yard line.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:28 PM
B.J. Lewis intercepts McCann pass and returns it 30 yards for a Robinson Rocket touchdown. PAT is good. Robinson leads Rockdale 21-7. Let's go Tigers, buckle down and play composed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:34 PM
David McCann redeems himself with a deep pass to Dennis Brooks. Kortlin White done some impressive running, with gains of 15 and 14 yards, respectively, to set up McCann's 1 yard sneak. Johnson's PAT is good. Robinson 21, Rockdale 14.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Sensational sophomore Nic Hammet is making an impact this series, blitzing for a tackle for loss, and getting one of his paws on a pass. 3rd down pass by Kitchens is overthrown, and Robinson has forced to punt. Keep up the intensity defense, capitalize on the field position offense. Let's go Tigers.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:50 PM
4th Quarter.

Robinson 21, Rockdale 14.
Rockdale is driving deep in Rocket territory.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Touchdown Kortlin White on a 2 yard run. A huge hole openned by Julio Guzman. Joseph Johnson's kick is good. Rockdale 21, Robinson 21. The drive lasted for 18 plays and covered 92 yards, as White scored on a 4th down run.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 10:12 PM
25 yard touchdown run for Keenan Alford. Good blocking by the Robinson offensive line facilitated the big run, but the PAT is no good after the ball hit the crossbar. The score is Robinson 27, Rockdale 21. Let's go Tigers, buckle down, stay focused, and keep the offense rolling. The time is now, let's do it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
McCann's pass is intercepted with 12 seconds to go. The Tigers have no timeouts left.

Robinson 27, Rockdale 21-Final

Well guys, I'm not disappointed in you, you played your hearts out when nobody gave you a chance. I can't tell you how proud of you I am. You came and you fought and you competed the the entire game. You have nothing to be ashamed about. The pieces of the puzzle are there, and you have almost put them all the way together. Keep your heads up and keep building on what you have. You guys have something great going on, regardless of what the win-loss column says. You all have played with more heart and desire than I have seen out of any Rockdale team in several years. Believe in each other and yourselves, this is your opportunity to do something that so many athletes dream about. These games serve the purpose to make you better and prepare you for district, and you have four games to go out and prove that you deserve to play in the post-season. It is possible gentlemen, it's all up to you whether or not that happens. Good game to the Robinson Rockets, you guys came and stuck with it the entire game and never let up to the win, so my hat is off to you guys. Great game Tigers.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Just bringing this back to the top...

Pudlugger
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
This sounds like an exciting game. Rockdale took Robinson to the finish line and almost pulled out an upset. Good luck to both teams in district. And Tigers never give up, right?:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
This sounds like an exciting game. Rockdale took Robinson to the finish line and almost pulled out an upset. Good luck to both teams in district. And Tigers never give up, right?:)
That's right. Rockdale may not have the winningest tradition, but we have always had the tradition to play hard until the very end. I'm interested to see how they will play against Liberty Hill and Hutto, another pair of games where they aren't "supposed to have a chance." They didn't believe that against Robinson, and I believe wholeheartedly that they will play their hearts out and have a chance to suprise a lot of people out there.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
:rolleyes: :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
:rolleyes: :thinking:

You may not want them to win, but I sure as hell want them to be able to taste the success that we didn't get to last year.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You may not want them to win, but I sure as hell want them to be able to taste the success that we didn't get to last year. It wasn't our fault. A lot has to do with offensive coaching. You probably don't know much about that side of the ball or know the plays we ran and how many times we ran them in a row. I am interested to see how they do against these teams in district also. No where in that post did I suggest I wanted them to lose.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-07-2006, 05:52 PM
It wasn't our fault. A lot has to do with offensive coaching. You probably don't know much about that side of the ball or know the plays we ran and how many times we ran them in a row. I am interested to see how they do against these teams in district also. No where in that post did I suggest I wanted them to lose.

Fair enough, maybe you have changed your opinion that you expressed to me the other night, I hope that you have. I wasn't pointing the finger about the reason we lost last year, but I do know one thing is for certain, and that is that Jeff Miller has taken less talent this season and made a much better football team than last year's.

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Fair enough, maybe you have changed your opinion that you expressed to me the other night, I hope that you have. I wasn't pointing the finger about the reason we lost last year, but I do know one thing is for certain, and that is that Jeff Miller has taken less talent this season and made a much better football team than last year's. Coach Clark and his offensive playcalling staff would not know the pefect play if it was handed to them on a silver platter

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Coach Clark and his offensive playcalling staff would not know the pefect play if it was handed to them on a silver platter

Haha

Milk That Cow
10-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Who does Rockdale have next week?

Old Tiger
10-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Liberty Hill