3-1 3A margin -08 loss
11-6 TOTAL

Jasper 0-4
4-0 4A margin -13 loss
4-0 4A margin -19 loss
2-2 2A margin -14 loss
3-1 3A margin -07 loss
13-3 TOTAL

These numbers will never give an absolute but will possibly give you an indication of who to pick 21-3A. There will always be surprises.

WOS/HF - WOS beat up on HF badly. However, if you look at HF they were playing 3As and 2As but barely getting by them. WOS playing the 4As and beating them which really shows the talent they have. WOS has played a significantly harder schedule than HF but the difference is WOS has been successful even with that harder schedule. However, WOS has yet to play a quality team and is untested.

Jasper/K'ville - I was rather surprised at the score because K'ville has been touted so highly and Jasper played them such a close game. However, look at K'ville; they really haven't played that hard of a schedule. It showed this week as Jasper 0-4 played them tooth and nail to the end. Jasper may be 0-4 but they will definently win some district games. They may still come out 3rd in the District. They have by far played the hardest schedule to date. So I wouldn't count the Dogs out by any means.

BC/HJ - BC has barely been getting by teams with a moderate hard schedule. HJ has played almost an equal type of schedule as BC so it stands to reason why they played so close. They will both have problems making the playoffs due to they are barely getting by teams and haven't played hard schedules.

Silsbee/OF - This was the most surprising score last week but Silsbee has played a moderate schedule while OF played a slightly weaker schedule but were less successful. This was one of those surprises...lol. OF is just a scrappy bunch.

Tonights predictions

WOS over K'ville by 21. WOS still has strength of schedule and no losses. K'ville has played 3A teams that have compiled a record of 5-13 and losing to one of these teams. WOS has played mostly 4A teams with losing records also but the difference is they have been successful. K'ville will be hit or miss this season.

BC over Silsbee by 01. Got to be a homer on this one, however, if the Cardinals turn over the ball like they have been doing. Silsbee by 14.

HJ over HF by 03. This will be a very close game. This one really could go either way, but I think HJ pulls it out.

Jasper over OF by 07. This is going to be a competitive game but I think Jasper gets its first win tonight.

Whew thats a lot of typing. Now you can make your predictions.

Crimestick
10-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't say WO-S is "untested." Dayton is the class of that 4A district and put a 55-7 whupping on the team that beat BC just a week earlier.
Such comparisons aren't really very helpful unless you're also looking at who was on your opponents' schedules as well. Yes, Lumberton is 3-1, but got most of their victories over extremely, extremely weak teams such as Cleveland.

Paratrooper
10-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I wouldn't say WO-S is "untested." Dayton is the class of that 4A district and put a 55-7 whupping on the team that beat BC just a week earlier.
Such comparisons aren't really very helpful unless you're also looking at who was on your opponents' schedules as well. Yes, Lumberton is 3-1, but got most of their victories over extremely, extremely weak teams such as Cleveland.

Crimestick it is just an observation. Did I say BC has had a stellar schedule? I think I even mention it will be hard for them making the playoffs. That is realistic. Man, you guys get your feelings hurt so badly. Here we go........always got to turn it into a WOS thread. WOS hasn't played that hard of a schedule........Crimestick, just so you think I am fair and balanced on this. Bridge City has played an even weaker schedule with less results. If you call 5-11 tested well there is just nothing I can say about that. I don't see anyone beating WOS as of right now. Throughout the district it looks pretty even this year and YES YES with WOS on top....lol.

For the record on schedule strength here is how Massey see's it -

Jasper 30.96 (3) 0-4
WOS 22.46 (31) 4-0
Silsbee 21.79 (33) 3-1
Kirbyville 17.44 (53) 3-1
Hamshire Fannett 14.85 (73) 2-2
Bridge City 11.74 (90) 3-1
Orangefield 8.68 (108) 2-2
Hardin Jefferson 6.99 (114) 2-2

Paratrooper
10-06-2006, 06:05 PM
ummm......I guess no predictions tonight

Hupernikomen
10-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper

Tonights predictions

WOS over K'ville by 21. WOS still has strength of schedule and no losses. K'ville has played 3A teams that have compiled a record of 5-13 and losing to one of these teams. WOS has played mostly 4A teams with losing records also but the difference is they have been successful. K'ville will be hit or miss this season.

BC over Silsbee by 01. Got to be a homer on this one, however, if the Cardinals turn over the ball like they have been doing. Silsbee by 14.

HJ over HF by 03. This will be a very close game. This one really could go either way, but I think HJ pulls it out.

Jasper over OF by 07. This is going to be a competitive game but I think Jasper gets its first win tonight.

Whew thats a lot of typing. Now you can make your predictions. [/B]

I have to go with Jasper, WO-S, Silsbee and HF tonight. I agree with Crimestick I think Dayton is a quality team, but outside of them WO-S hasn't been able to prove to the state just how good they will be this year.

Paratrooper
10-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I have to go with Jasper, WO-S, Silsbee and HF tonight. I agree with Crimestick I think Dayton is a quality team, but outside of them WO-S hasn't been able to prove to the state just how good they will be this year.

Hey Hup have you heard the HJ/HF score?

Comeaux
10-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Don't forget to figure in the size of the schools. The enrollment is a very important factor. The smaller schools have a hard time holding up the full four quarters with eight or ten players going both ways and on speciality teams.

2-A Tatum played with 3-A gilmer for a half. The numbers got em.

Hupernikomen
10-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

0-0 at half is all I have seen.