PDA

View Full Version : My trip to New Mexico

Phil C
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
In 1971 I got a job interview at a plant near Kermit, Texas. I was met at the Midland Airport in the evening and then the next day went to the plant. At lunch the next day we went across the New Mexico border to a small down Jal, NM and ate at a cafe there which had good food. After lunch I finished interviewing and then was taken to the airport and flew back home. There were 2 other interviewees for the job and I wasn't chosen but nevertheless it was a great experience at getting to go to a state I hadn't been before. It was awesome except there were hardly any trees out there.
I have been to El Paso for a conference but didn't get to travel too much even though I did get to see a jail close by where Billy the Kid broke out one of his friends and they fled across the border back into Mexico.

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 09:26 AM
and that concludes this edition of fireside talks with Phil...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2006, 10:43 AM
You went to the wrong part of the state. You needed to have gone to Philmont Scout Ranch and then also on another trip to the Taos/Angelfire/Red River area. There are plenty of trees up there.

I was with a group that hiked 120 miles up and down the mountains on that scout ranch one time. It is absolutely a breathtaking region of the country.

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
You went to the wrong part of the state. You needed to have gone to Philmont Scout Ranch and then also on another trip to the Taos/Angelfire/Red River area. There are plenty of trees up there.

I was with a group that hiked 120 miles up and down the mountains on that scout ranch one time. It is absolutely a breathtaking region of the country.

agreed. I made a trip to ABQ and regions north of there over July 4th...simply stunning! :)

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 11:08 AM
i think we should have a CD entitled "story time with phil"