PDA

View Full Version : What an absolute tool......

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 09:07 AM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/69/15/image_4815699.jpg

Every two years, Aggies from near and far have descended on the state Capitol's south steps for a midnight yell practice the night before their football team faces the University of Texas at Royal-Memorial Stadium.

Not this year.

Deborah Cannon
AMERICAN-STATESMAN
(enlarge photo)

University of Texas student Christian Deiterling has reserved the Capitol's south steps, where Aggie fans traditionally hold yell practice in Austin, on Nov. 23, the night before the UT-A&M game.

MOST POPULAR STORIES

* Charges upgraded against teacher who struck student with car
* Leander assistant principal believed dead
* Smoking ban battle reignites
* McCoy hoping to make freshman splash against Sooners
* Saving historic homes from the wrecking ball

This year, the south steps have been reserved by Christian Deitering, a 24-year-old UT student and president of the Longhorn Hellraisers. The move has local Aggies altering their plans and the UT alumni association trying to broker a truce.

Deitering said he saw the Aggies' yell practice two years ago and was annoyed when UT fans were kept away from the Texas A&M fans as they practiced their football cheers.

"From what I could tell, A&M had security to make sure we didn't get up there . . . but I consider Austin my town," he said.

Deitering said he called the State Preservation Board months ago to reserve the south steps on Nov. 23, the night before the game. He's not sure exactly what he plans to do there that night, but he hopes to hold some sort of rally for UT fans.

Meanwhile, the Aggies apparently thought they had the spot reserved but discovered Thursday that Deitering had outflanked them.

Stephen Mason, the president-elect of the Capital City A&M club, said Thursday that yell practice was on schedule for the south steps, but he later said there was a "paper mix-up," and it would be held on the Capitol's north steps — which don't require a reservation. He said Aggies have held yell practice on the north steps before during the past 10 years.

"This is no big deal," Mason said.

Deitering said he didn't think so either, at first.

"I didn't realize how big of a deal it was until I got call a from Texas Exes, who explained to me, 'Do you know what you've gotten into?' " he said.

He said he didn't realize when he made the reservation this year that the Capitol yell practice had become a tradition for Aggies.

"I wanted to do something positive for Austin," he said.

Alison Crocker, the student relations coordinator for the Texas Exes, a UT alumni group, said she talked to Dietering last month about his plans.

"I told him the spirit and the purpose of the alumni association is to not interfere with other people's traditions and I could not support him in his efforts," Crocker said.

UT students have their own pre-game tradition — the Hex Rally at the UT Tower, where they light red candles to put a hex on the Aggies.

Crocker said that she and Dietering talked about how to make his pep rally a joint event between the two schools. Crocker said she tried to pursue the idea with A&M yell leaders, but they didn't embrace the idea in part because they were convinced they had reserved the south steps.

Deitering said the UT fan rally was his idea and has nothing to do with the Longhorn Hellraisers, a spirit group whose members can often be seen cheering with orange and white paint on their bodies at football games.

If he manages to organize a Texas rally on the south steps, it will likely be the first time Aggies and Longhorns have had rival rallies at the Capitol. That doesn't bother Mason, the Capital City A&M club leader. The Aggies will just yell facing north — toward the UT campus.

"The Capitol grounds are such a big space that I don't think we will notice they have people there," he said.

injuredinmelee
10-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I have to say i am proud of this kid. I will attend his rally with my sawed off collie tshirt!

Bulldog_12
10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Its a good thing we arent rivals.........

injuredinmelee
10-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I have tried twice to get a shirt made that had the cadet carricature that ATM uses in some things holding a sheep under his arm with a circle and a nline through it then a bible verse that speaks of sex with animals. They wouldnt make it either place. I hate seeing that saw off the horns of the wicked shirt sooooo much.

sweetwater07
10-06-2006, 09:56 AM
why would he try to screw with a tradition....

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
why would he try to screw with a tradition....

not too much of a tradition:

Stephen Mason, the president-elect of the Capital City A&M club, said Thursday that yell practice was on schedule for the south steps, but he later said there was a "paper mix-up," and it would be held on the Capitol's north steps — which don't require a reservation. He said Aggies have held yell practice on the north steps before during the past 10 years.

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I have tried twice to get a shirt made that had the cadet carricature that ATM uses in some things holding a sheep under his arm with a circle and a nline through it then a bible verse that speaks of sex with animals. They wouldnt make it either place. I hate seeing that saw off the horns of the wicked shirt sooooo much.

hmm...I wonder why not? :thinking:

WestTXLonghorn
10-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12

Haul yer butt up to Dallas tomorrow and you'll see what a REAL rivalry is all about.

I think it's pretty classy of UT to act like the ATM game is a big deal. Breaking the Ags delusional fantasies could be devastating.....;)

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Haul yer butt up to Dallas tomorrow and you'll see what a REAL rivalry is all about.

I think it's pretty classy of UT to act like the ATM game is a big deal. Breaking the Ags delusional fantasies could be devastating.....;)

the freaking real rivalry is on after thanksgiving....

especially after we roll through a nebraska team that barely beat kansas, an OU team that you'll expose for the fraud that they are and then let us have them later on......

Bandera YaYa
10-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Such jealousy.....why else would the aggies need to come to UT country to rant and foam at the mouth??? Oh brother......let me guess, IT'S TRADITION!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

greenpride
10-06-2006, 01:30 PM
God bless this young man.

greenpride
10-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
the freaking real rivalry is on after thanksgiving....

especially after we roll through a nebraska team that barely beat kansas, an OU team that you'll expose for the fraud that they are and then let us have them later on......

Barely beat Kansas????? Nebraska is closer to a football team right now than A&M-College Station will be for quite some time.

MagicMan
10-06-2006, 01:36 PM
how good is texas tech? they scored 3 points against TCU. tcu sucks. they also almost lost to UTEP. the aggies are gonna get murdered by nebraska, texas, and oklahoma

Gobbla2001
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I think the tradition is pretty neat though I'm a UT fan...

BUT, as we all know, A&M is not inside of Austin, but the University of Texas is, so I think it's pretty neat what the kid did, he reacted to not being able to enter an area in his college town because kids from a 'rival' college town were yelling in preparation for a game against his college town team...

If I wasn't allowed to walk on my front lawn because my enemy had reserved it, I'd reserve my front yard when I could as well...

greenpride
10-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
how good is texas tech? they scored 3 points against TCU. tcu sucks. they also almost lost to UTEP. the aggies are gonna get murdered by nebraska, texas, and oklahoma ....................baylor, kansas,

g$$
10-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Since when does the state capitol belong to only the University of Texas? It belongs to the state of Texas. He did this out of spite, plain & simple. For anyone defending him, read what the Texas Exes director said: "I cannot support your efforts." That says it all.

The capitol is not part of the 40 Acres. Yell will be held regardless, but to defend this clown is assinine. For God's sake, just look at him! He would not know football from FOOSBALL. He just wanted attention & now he's getting it. Big deal.

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Looks like some of the groups he claims were going, in fact had no idea this was even going on. Think now that he still just wanted peace in the valley? Good move by the Exes too.

Senator withdraws support from event (http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2006/10/10/TopStories/State.Sen.Wont.Back.Ut.Students.Event.Conflicting. With.Am.Tradition-2340962.shtml?sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.co m&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com)

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Yell practice is so pointless

crabman
10-10-2006, 07:49 AM
First of all, I am an Aggie. Class of '82.

The state capitol grounds do not belong to the City of Austin. That has already been said earlier in this thread.

When I first read this, I got a little ticked and then I realized why. The Aggies just got outdone. Plain and simple. Someone got over on them. If the table had been turned this would be termed "good bull".

Everybody needs to lighten up. It's football for God's sake. North Korea will be chunkin' nukes at us inside of a year and we are on a 3A message board talking about a bunch of kids and whether they yell on the north or south side of a building.

God Bless America. What a country. I absolutely love it.

Oh yeah, beat the hell outta tu.

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Yell practice is so pointless

You are.....

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 07:53 AM
You are..... JERK!:mad:

:D

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 07:55 AM
This story is sooo STUPID!! Let the Aggies have their tradition and the Longhorns have theirs. This kid is obviously seeking attention. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
This story is sooo STUPID!! Let the Aggies have their tradition and the Longhorns have theirs. This kid is obviously seeking attention. :rolleyes: By Longhorns having their tradition you mean....

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
By Longhorns having their tradition you mean.... Hexes and such...

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Thought so...

AggieJohn
10-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Such jealousy.....why else would the aggies need to come to UT country to rant and foam at the mouth??? Oh brother......let me guess, IT'S TRADITION!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: back off yaya, your a freaking woman and wouldn't understand this, your feministic views make your opinion in this matter both bias and repulsive.....

back off

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 08:01 AM
back off yaya, your a freaking woman and wouldn't understand this, your feministic views make your opinion in this matter both bias and repulsive.....

back off :eek: :mad:

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 08:01 AM
It's all in good fun for the students, so don't knock yell practice or hexing. :)

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 08:02 AM
It's all in good fun for the students, so don't knock yell practice or hexing. :) To be honest I was actually thinking you were talking about the winning tradition. lol

And I'm post padding.

AggieJohn
10-10-2006, 08:04 AM
see yall are confused, i was calling this guy a tool, i'm like crabman, i realize we got outdone by this guy, but the collar popping-aviator-wearing-can't-graduate-in-four -years president of longhorn hell-whatever is who i was calling a tool

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/a7dcyyy5.jpg

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 08:04 AM
To be honest I was actually thinking you were talking about the winning tradition. lol

And I'm post padding. :eek: :eek: :eek:

3afan
10-10-2006, 08:05 AM
back off yaya, your a freaking woman and wouldn't understand this, your feministic views make your opinion in this matter both bias and repulsive.....

back off

OK - that made me laugh out loud !!!!

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 08:05 AM

And I'm post padding.

:mad: :mad: Read (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49124&highlight=Post+Padding)

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 08:06 AM
:mad: :mad: Read (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49124&highlight=Post+Padding) Oh geez!

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 08:08 AM
see yall are confused, i was calling this guy a tool, i'm like crabman, i realize we got outdone by this guy, but the collar popping-aviator-wearing-can't-graduate-in-four -years president of longhorn hell-whatever is who i was calling a tool

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/a7dcyyy5.jpg You are nothing like crabman! He gives well thought out posts.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 08:09 AM
You are nothing like crabman! He gives well thought out posts. :D :D

Funk-d-fied
10-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Guys an a$$, the hell raisers are a bunch of **^%$#! I am glad this is not going to happen anymore and the system steppe din and said no to this idiot, way to make your school and alumni look good. I will be at this game and I hope he shows up...I am sure alot of people do.

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Guys an a$$, the hell raisers are a bunch of **^%$#! I am glad this is not going to happen anymore and the system steppe din and said no to this idiot, way to make your school and alumni look good. I will be at this game and I hope he shows up...I am sure alot of people do.

Are you going to punch him in the mouth?

GreenMachine
10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Guys an a$$, the hell raisers are a bunch of **^%$#! I am glad this is not going to happen anymore and the system steppe din and said no to this idiot, way to make your school and alumni look good. I will be at this game and I hope he shows up...I am sure alot of people do. And if he shows up...??

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Are you going to punch him in the mouth? The kidney...

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 08:25 AM

And your little towel popping, not associated with any branch of the military, cadet boys are so cool. The fact that they finally let women enroll at collie station doesnt make the corp less gay.

JasperDog94
10-10-2006, 08:35 AM
the freaking real rivalry is on after thanksgiving.... Nobody said A&M wasn't a rival....just not the main rival.:)

Darren
10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Lets just remember to KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD....

I think that they came up with the saying for this guy.

JasperDog94
10-10-2006, 09:39 AM
What makes this guy weird?:confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
And your little towel popping, not associated with any branch of the military, cadet boys are so cool. The fact that they finally let women enroll at collie station doesnt make the corp less gay.

How you can sit there and insult tradition and try to bring down the entire Aggie community as a whole? There are many guys in the corps who have already signed a commission to serve in our armed forces. Don't insult the guys who don't because they want to deal with the discipline and want to better themselves. Being in the corps isn't easy and is not something that I would want to be a part of, but for some guys they see it as an opportunity to make themselves better human beings and prepare themselves for later in life. I think that it's pretty crappy how you can sit back and insult every Aggie every chance that you get. If you have a problem with a person, talk to them about it, don't include the people like me who haven't said anything, who are just people going to a premiere college and taking the opportunity for a better life. You're supposed to be an adult, so try to act like one.

Funk-d-fied
10-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Aittle info. about the CORPS..... and remember Austin Texas is the only city in the USA where the girls are girls and the boys are too...lol

Members of the Corps have served in every conflict fought by the United States since the Spanish-American War in 1898. More members of the Corps served in World War II than from any other service academy, with 14,123 Aggies serving as officers which is more than the combined total of officers that served from the United States Naval Academy and the United States Military Academy. Over 225 Aggies have been promoted to General or Admiral, while seven former students have been awarded the highest United States military award, the Medal of Honor.

Funk-d-fied
10-10-2006, 10:31 AM
There's a little info. for you injured.....

But like you said, there our little "towel poppers", nothing more, huh...

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
http://pokerblog.blogspot.com/squeeze_ags.jpg

Tradition at it's finest! :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 10:35 AM
My image of the Corp was runined when the Cadets were pulling swordson people that were rushin the field after a Longhorn win. Corp men hitting women. Dont tell me it didnt happen. I saw it with my own eyes. I will smack about it forever.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 10:37 AM
http://pokerblog.blogspot.com/squeeze_ags.jpg

Tradition at it's finest! :thumbsup:

yeah they dont look stupid at all. No one but former agsor current ags take the corp serious.

Funk-d-fied
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uQ12xvNZVk

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
My image of the Corp was runined when the Cadets were pulling swordson people that were rushin the field after a Longhorn win. Corp men hitting women. Dont tell me it didnt happen. I saw it with my own eyes. I will smack about it forever.

The actions of others don't reflect upon the true character of another person. Look around in your workplace, I'm sure there are people in there who have committed wrongs in their lives. Say you work with a sex offender, should we call you a sex offender too because you are members of the same organization? How would that make you feel?

Old Tiger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uQ12xvNZVk :confused: Our HS band marched into the game together

Funk-d-fied
Great Point!

pancho villa
10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Some of ya'll need some cheese to go with that whine!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 10:53 AM
If referring to me I prefer the Muenster

JasperDog94
10-10-2006, 11:10 AM
It won't be long before this thread gets locked.:dispntd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It won't be long before this thread gets locked.:dispntd:

Well, you have to admit, it is pretty classless to attack an entire community of students based on where they go to college.

JasperDog94
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, you have to admit, it is pretty classless to attack an entire community of students based on where they go to college. Dude, it happens both ways, all the time.

Old Tiger
10-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Well, you have to admit, it is pretty classless to attack an entire community of students based on where they go to college. We all know Okies are stupid!

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Im not bagging on the entire student body just the Corp.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Im not bagging on the entire student body just the Corp.

Yes, and several of my good friends are in the corps, and they are good, Christian men. Don't try to classify and associate good people with the flawed people around them unless you are ready and willing for me to do the same for you.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Yes, and several of my good friends are in the corps, and they are good, Christian men. Don't try to classify and associate good people with the flawed people around them unless you are ready and willing for me to do the same for you.

It seems this has hit a personal nerve with you. I apologize for that but it has been a part of the UT/Ag rivalry for year. It is a constant back and forth bantering. Guess you arent ready for that. I apologize.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
It seems this has hit a personal nerve with you. I apologize for that but it has been a part of the UT/Ag rivalry for year. It is a constant back and forth bantering. Guess you arent ready for that. I apologize.

No, I have decided to not be a part of all of the arguments because they are pointless, but I'm not one to stand back and let you try to bring down good men that I respect because someone who is associated with them made a mistake.

g$$
10-10-2006, 11:41 AM
We've been down this rivalry road before. The only reason some Horns say OU = biggest rival now is because until the past 2 years, OU had won 5 in a row. For what game does Texas have a special rally? Candles & the like, called the Hex Rally before the A&M game annually.

In the past 22 years, who has won more between the 2 schools? A&M = 12 & Texas = 10. I pick that range because most of you fall into that lifetime span. Yes, A&M is down but this rivalry goes in cycles. A&M won 10/11 between 1984-1994, & Texas has dominated lately & leads all-time 73-34-5.

Great posts Crabman & Big Blue. That incident injuredinmelee referenced involved Texas fans rushing the field w/ open liquor bottles in 1995 (Texas won for the 2nd time in 12 years). I was there & it was ugly w/ punches thrown. It is very immature & stereotypical to condemn entire student bodies for the actions of a few. That would be equivalent to calling all Horns "gay & tree hugging liberals". Of course that is not true either.

BTW, it is the Corps of Cadets. CORP is an abbreviation for corporation. Thanks.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$
We've been down this rivalry road before. The only reason some Horns say OU = biggest rival now is because until the past 2 years, OU had won 5 in a row. For what game does Texas have a special rally? Candles & the like, called the Hex Rally before the A&M game annually.

In the past 22 years, who has won more between the 2 schools? A&M = 12 & Texas = 10. I pick that range because most of you fall into that lifetime span. Yes, A&M is down but this rivalry goes in cycles. A&M won 10/11 between 1984-1994, & Texas has dominated lately.

Great posts Crabman & Big Blue. That incident injuredinmelee referenced involved Texas fans rushing the field w/ open liquor bottles in 1995 (Texas won for the 2nd time in 12 years). I was there & it was ugly w/ punches thrown. It is very immature & stereotypical to condemn entire student bodies for the actions of a few. That would be equivalent to calling all Horns "gay & tree hugging liberals". Of course that is not true either.

BTW, it is the Corps of Cadets. CORP is an abbreviation for corporation. Thanks.

It was the CORP guys that were bypassing men they could not handle and attacking women that turned my stomach. There was one CORPboy that had his sword drawn on a girl that he had knocked to the ground. Tough guys. I will not respect the tradition EVER.

g$$
10-10-2006, 11:53 AM
You are taking great liberties with that story. Both sides were at fault. Please try to post accurate information.

And your spelling still needs work. Thanks.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are taking great liberties with that story. Both sides were at fault. Please try to post accurate information.

And your spelling still needs work. Thanks.

I type poorly, yes. Sure the Texas fans should NOT have stormed the field, but defending it with swords and punching women? there were plenty of men to attack.

g$$
10-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Repeat: both sides were at fault. Texas stormed the field in their exuberance (2nd win in 12 years) & things happened. Idiots attend both schools. But to condemn blocks of people based on the actions of a few is not fair or objective. I would hope you are better than that.

You are still taking great liberties with that story. I was there too. It did get ugly, but not to the extent you claim.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Repeat: both sides were at fault. Texas stormed the field in their exuberance (2nd win in 12 years) & things happened. Idiots attend both schools. But to condemn blocks of people based on the actions of a few is not fair or objective. I would hope you are better than that.

You are still taking great liberties with that story. I was there too. It did get ugly, but not to the extent you claim.

maybe i see it through orange colored glasses as you see it through maroon?

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
I was at that game too, and I punched a couple of sip babies. I then dropkicked a cheerleader, and strangled a band member with their tassles.

g$$
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
No, I saw it as both parties being at fault then & now. Repeated announcements were made to stay off the field. Texas fans did it anyway. A&M OL Semisi Heimuli punched one guy in the face. I did NOT see anything concerning women or swords.

The Corps lines the perimeter of the field & "defends Kyle Field". I am sure some were overzealous. But your take on the matter is not what I saw as I was there too.

Why was Texas on the field anyway? Maybe because they won for the 2nd time in 12 years? Anyway, it goes both ways & that was 11 years ago. Are we going to argue about stolen mascots, horse poop, vandalizing property, etc. too? It has & will always go both ways. That is not "maroon" anything, just fact.

JasperDog94
10-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, I saw it as both parties being at fault then & now. Repeated announcements were made to stay off the field. Texas fans did it anyway. A&M OL Semisi Heimuli punched one guy in the face. I did NOT see anything concerning women or swords.

The Corps lines the perimeter of the field & "defends Kyle Field". I am sure some were overzealous. But your take on the matter is not what I saw as I was there too.

Why was Texas on the field anyway? Maybe because they won for the 2nd time in 12 years? Anyway, it goes both ways & that was 11 years ago. Are we going to argue about stolen mascots, horse poop, vandalizing property, etc. too? It has & will always go both ways. That is not "maroon" anything, just fact. Your position would have more validity if you'd stop staying "2nd win in 12 years". That has nothing to do with it. Texas fans shouldn't have stormed the field and CORP members shouldn't have thrown punches at men or women and nobody should have drawn a sword. End of story.

JasperDog94
10-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I was at that game too, and I punched a couple of sip babies. I then dropkicked a cheerleader, and strangled a band member with their tassles. That was you that strangled my sister?:mad: :mad: :D

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I see it as a Orange and maroon thing. I drive across town and see all these sawed off horns on truck windows (quite the honor actually that you use our mascot). I see the t-shirts with the bible verse. I get sick of it. This has gone on long efore you and I were born and it will continue on forever more than likely. Its a honoale rivalry with several scars on both sides. Its all really in good fun to make my comments and get the ags pumped up. It is what UT/ATM is all about.

g$$
10-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Texas won for the 2nd time in 12 years, so I was trying to explain why they stormed the field like a NC game. But then again, A&M is "not" a big rival anyway!! They sure were excited that day.

End of story. Let's move on.

Bandera YaYa
10-10-2006, 12:53 PM

back off Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......you just never learn a thing, do you....I SERIOUSLY THINK YOU ARE BRAINWASHED!!!! OR MAYBE IT'S SHORT MAN SYNDROME.....ARE YOU SHORT AJ??? YOU AGGIES CAN'T TAKE A JOKE ....THAT'S WHY YA'LL ARE MADE FUN OF SO MUCH........DOESN'T TAKE A BRAIN SURGEON TO FIGURE THIS OUT !! Ha, I'll back off when and if I decide too....you don't have a say so in the matter, son! I can post my opinions just like you can.....go start another post padding thread....it's what you're good at! :clap: :rolleyes:

RMAC
10-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Let's face it. At UT, there's 2 types of people. The kind that Aggies still beat up and the kind that would have been beat up by the other 50% of the people at UT when they were in high school.

KTJ
10-10-2006, 01:05 PM

We are.

A&M just isn't the MAIN, #1 rival. (But they really wish we would acknowledge them as so.)

:)

As far as this is concerned, I really don't care. And that's how UT fans in general feel. (well that's what the talk was at the RRS.) No one cares.

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
We are.

A&M just isn't the MAIN, #1 rival. (But they really wish we would acknowledge them as so.)

:)

As far as this is concerned, I really don't care. And that's how UT fans in general feel. (well that's what the talk was at the RRS.) No one cares.

good, cuz we dont care either.................

your mom goes to college,

g$$
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
If A&M ever gets good again, then we'll see how you feel about it. But A&M is a long way from being good right now.

Funny how a few wins/losses changes one's perspective on the rivalry.

Bulldog_12
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
If A&M ever gets good again, then we'll see how you feel about it. But A&M is a long way from being good right now.

its ok, its the same thing we have with Tech right now. That used to not be a huge game, but now that they have been beating us we view it as a big one. Although Ill never say they are a rival.;)

46 & 2
10-10-2006, 02:05 PM
It was the CORP guys that were bypassing men they could not handle and attacking women that turned my stomach. There was one CORPboy that had his sword drawn on a girl that he had knocked to the ground. Tough guys. I will not respect the tradition EVER. question I have is....when you saw all of this taking place, why didn't you have the sack to defend the women and children. First time I saw a chick get hit by a guy, regardless of who's side I was on, i would've had issue with it. Seems you can describe elaborate details but have trouble coming up with an ending IMHO.:nerd: :nerd:

g$$
10-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Agreed. I saw one guy hit another guy, & lots of posturing. Seems the story has changed a bit since 1995.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 46 & 2
question I have is....when you saw all of this taking place, why didn't you have the sack to defend the women and children. First time I saw a chick get hit by a guy, regardless of who's side I was on, i would've had issue with it. Seems you can describe elaborate details but have trouble coming up with an ending IMHO.:nerd: :nerd:

If you mattered one iota in my world I would give the details of my night in the pokey but since your but a pimple on my ass i will refrain.

KTJ
10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I'll still feel the same way. Always have and always will.

46 & 2
10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
If you mattered one iota in my world I would give the details of my night in the pokey but since your but a pimple on my ass i will refrain. dude give me a break. That was the lamest come back ever. But then again you did mention ass and pokey in the same sentence.

OU is UT's biggest rival...awesome! I watch that game every year(and pull for texas). But guess what UT IS A&M's biggest rival whether it's reciprocated by UT or not. Deal with it. I think that's what most people miss. I don't care that UT people say "your're not out biggest rival". Aside from OU weekend I can't stand UT or their fans.

WestTXLonghorn
10-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Let's face it. At UT, there's 2 types of people. The kind that Aggies still beat up and the kind that would have been beat up by the other 50% of the people at UT when they were in high school.

???

Are we still in middle school or something? Seriously this has to be one of the stupidest things I've read in awhile on here. Hopefully it was being said sarcastically and I just missed it.

g$$
10-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Just wondering...

Does injuredinmelee's handle reflect what happened that day in College Station in 1995? He said he went to jail too. That was a rough day it seems. And he's still carrying around the anger from that fateful day.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I see it as a Orange and maroon thing. I drive across town and see all these sawed off horns on truck windows (quite the honor actually that you use our mascot). I see the t-shirts with the bible verse. I get sick of it. This has gone on long efore you and I were born and it will continue on forever more than likely. Its a honoale rivalry with several scars on both sides. Its all really in good fun to make my comments and get the ags pumped up. It is what UT/ATM is all about.

Yes, but the rivalry is not about trying to attack the people that attend out school. It is different to say that our traditions are stupid and that you don't agree with them and saying that the corps is full of men who assault women and try to make the people who attend this school look bad. I thought you were better than that, but I guess not. It's okay for you to sit back and condemn people for insulting each other with insults that are insensitive towards the mentally handicapped, but you can try to drag down an entire organization of people because of the actions of people before them that have no association with the people of today. I can call you a racist and a slave owner because of the way our forefathers treated the blacks. I can condemn you because of what someone in your family did, or your workplace did, or one of your friends did that was dishonorable and wrong. Isn't it fair that we associate you with that? You can say that what the corps did on that date was wrong, but you need to quit living in the past and trying to bring down the current corps members and the students of our university.

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 07:20 PM
If you mattered one iota in my world I would give the details of my night in the pokey but since your but a pimple on my ass i will refrain.

You brought it up so why not just tell us...

IHStangFan
10-10-2006, 08:54 PM
LOL amazing.

Ranger Mom
10-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Didn't this thread initially have something to do with yell practice??

This is the first time I have read it.......I guess I'd better keep a closer eye on it!

luvhoops34
10-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Didn't this thread initially have something to do with yell practice??

This is the first time I have read it.......I guess I'd better keep a closer eye on it!

Dang Rangermom, it was getting really interesting http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb005.gif

AggieJohn
10-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......you just never learn a thing, do you....I SERIOUSLY THINK YOU ARE BRAINWASHED!!!! OR MAYBE IT'S SHORT MAN SYNDROME.....ARE YOU SHORT AJ??? YOU AGGIES CAN'T TAKE A JOKE ....THAT'S WHY YA'LL ARE MADE FUN OF SO MUCH........DOESN'T TAKE A BRAIN SURGEON TO FIGURE THIS OUT !! Ha, I'll back off when and if I decide too....you don't have a say so in the matter, son! I can post my opinions just like you can.....go start another post padding thread....it's what you're good at! :clap: :rolleyes:
dear yaya,

i hate you.

regards,
aj

Ranger Mom
10-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Dang Rangermom, it was getting really interesting http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb005.gif

I know....why do you think I am keeping a closer eye on it??

RMAC
10-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
???

Are we still in middle school or something? Seriously this has to be one of the stupidest things I've read in awhile on here. Hopefully it was being said sarcastically and I just missed it.

I'm not sure. You decide and get back to me.