PDA

View Full Version : Last Night in Dallas...

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 08:57 AM
I went out to a local establishment with a bunch of friends...and we see a guy in a white golf shirt with an OU logo and it had the words "construction sciences." Seriously...what kind of program is that??? I bet it involves a lot of on the job training! ;)

KTJ
10-06-2006, 09:02 AM
OU sucks.

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I went out to a local establishment with a bunch of friends...and we see a guy in a white golf shirt with an OU logo and it had the words "construction sciences." Seriously...what kind of program is that??? I bet it involves a lot of on the job training! ;) go to any major university and you'll see some odd degrees that you can get....

44INAROW
10-06-2006, 09:09 AM
"construction sciences."

I know you were being humorous here, but a person very near and dear to my heart is making close to $160,000 a year right now with that degree.... (of course it wasn't from OU though :D )

Emerson1
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
and now you need to email those people. :D

un b weavable
10-06-2006, 11:38 AM
"construction sciences." Seriously...what kind of program is that??? I bet it involves a lot of on the job training! ;)

Hey, hey, hey... I just so happen to be a construction science major. :D

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
why not just major in Architecture or Civil Engineering??? :thinking:

Blastoderm55
10-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't hate. Construction engineers are responsible for those wicked Lego buildings! :eek:

un b weavable
10-06-2006, 12:50 PM
why not just major in Architecture or Civil Engineering??? :thinking:

Construction Science is in the College of Architecture. Theres construction science, environmental design, and landscape architecture. Construction Science majors dont major in architecture or civil engineering cus thats something completely different.

crabman
10-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Allow me, un b weavable, Construction Science sounds a little better that what it was when I graduated, Building Construction.
Architecture is heavy on design. Civil Engineering is heavy on theory and on roads, bridges, dams, pipelines, etc...
Construction Science is theory of the design, the engineering and physics that Civil Engineering has, throw out some of the thermodynamics and advanced physics and add in business law, estimating, contracts, and the nuts and bolts of how things go together and you have construction science. Architects can't build a thing. Civil Engineers can't build a thing. They need the general contractors who are these people with that degree. Plus we make more than the architects or engineers.

Texas A&M Building Construction Class of '82

greenpride
10-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't hate the player.....hate the game.:) :D :D

un b weavable
10-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
Don't hate the player.....hate the game.:) :D :D

Dont see how that really applies to this thread, but... whatever. :confused:

And thanks for clearing everything up crabman. ;)