PDA

View Full Version : Gary Matthews Jr

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Is on Baseball Tonight

eagles_victory
10-06-2006, 01:40 AM
a reward for a great season. I like when they have Eric Brynes on there he does a really good job in my opinion. I think they saw Torii Hunter was no longer the best defensive CF and had to get to new best defensive CF on there

VWG
10-06-2006, 09:50 AM
I think the Rangers need to re-sign him... but only if it's within reasonable contract dollars. I wouldn't go out on a limb and give him a huge contract for only one great year.
Vernon Wells is a free agent this year and I would pay for him as he has produced year after year, not just one year like GMJ has.

g$$
10-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Vernon Wells has 1 year left on his Toronto contract. Maybe a trade, but not a FA. He is rumored to want out of Canada & is a Texas boy. We'll see.

VWG
10-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Vernon Wells has 1 year left on his Toronto contract. Maybe a trade, but not a FA. He is rumored to want out of Canada & is a Texas boy. We'll see.

My bad, I thought he was a FA this year. I know Tori Hunter is... but don't know if Tori is worth the money.

kepdawg
10-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by VWG
My bad, I thought he was a FA this year. I know Tori Hunter is... but don't know if Tori is worth the money.

What would make Wells worth it and Hunter not?

eagles_victory
10-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What would make Wells worth it and Hunter not? I think Vernon Wells is a better player better hitter and about even when it comes to defense.

g$$
10-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Wells is an all star in his prime (29 I believe), while Hunter is still good but not what he once was, esp. defensively. I would love to see Vernon Wells in Houston. If not, then w/ the Rangers.