PDA

View Full Version : Game You Would Most Like to See Again?

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 08:26 PM
If you could go back and watch any high school football game (same outcome) again that you have seen in person, which game would it be?

Boosty_Hondo
10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
i would love to see cuero vs liberty hill again that was such and incredible game

DU_stud04
10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
sweetwater vs decatur in 2002 was fun. hoover and john curtis? haha not too sure.

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Wylie/Gainesville 2005 State Quarters
Wylie/Cuero 2004 State Finals
Wylie/Decatur 2004 State Quarters
Cooper/Permian 1993 (I think) Regular Season
Wylie/Snyder 2000 (or at least the last minute or two) Regular Season
Celina/Garrison 2001 State Finals

bulldogman06
10-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Bandera v. Midland Greenwood State game '02. wow, what a game, double OT

JR2004
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Gatesville vs. Wylie for the 2000 Division 1 State Title. Couldn't have written a better script to the final 4 minutes of that game if I tried. The homeside 3 times went from a loud roar to complete silence on three different plays down the stretch of that one. Coming into the game I never would've thought WR Wesley Springer, QB Matthew Mooney or CB Colt Cooper would've wound up the heroes that night over Taurean Henderson. Best game I was ever able to broadcast.

charlesrixey
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Celina vs. Mart, 2000 23-22
Celina vs. Alto, 1995 32-28
Celina vs. West Texas, 1995 23-22
Mart vs. Refugio, 2000 21-20
Mart vs. Lone Oak, 2000 13-7

UT 41, USC 38--does that count?

Bullaholic
10-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Bridgeport vs Springtown-93'. Winner went to playoffs. Bridgeport had to score in the final seconds to tie, scored, and got a 15yd penalty applied on the conversion attempt. They went for 2, made it, and won 22-21. That team had been 0-10 in 92' season. In coach Danny Henson first season, 93', they went 11-2.

Bridgeport @ Lake Worth 05'. Bridgeport won in 4OT's and earned a share of the 7-3A District title.

Bridgeport vs Monahans 05' Q-Final in Sweetwater. Bridgeport lost 43-42 in a heavyweight slug-fest.

jason
10-05-2006, 09:07 PM
copperas cove vs arlington lamar @ tcu - 1st round 1998 playoffs i believe

was the biggest upset in the state in the first round that year - unbelievable game

cove went on to lose to cedric benson and his midland lee rebels

cats2151
10-05-2006, 09:09 PM
it was celina 21 mart 17

SpreadtheRed
10-05-2006, 09:12 PM
2002 Sweetwater vs. Greenwood. Greenwood was always the playoff nemesis for the stangs but QB Mychal Carrillo was one of the most exciting QB's I have ever seen. Could definately scramble anytime anywhere.

charlesrixey
10-05-2006, 09:14 PM
woops.... printed the West Texas score twice!

bandera7
10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Ive gotta go with Bandera vs. Midland Greenwood 2002 State finals game. Double OT, won by a field goal, just an incredible game to witness, most fun high school game I have ever seen

Bull's-eye
10-05-2006, 09:23 PM
2002 Marlin/Bellville tripple OT playoff game and the 2003 rematch at College Station.

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2006, 09:25 PM
1986 Jefferson 14 D-Field 7 in State Quarter
1988 Marshall 13 vs Odessa Permian 12 #10 beats #5 in second game of season
1988 Carter 22 Marshall 18 Quarterfinal Cowboys win on last minute TD pass

Game I Broadcaste I would want to see again
2003 Canton 14 Crandall 13 Freshamn GJ Kinne throws a TD pass with 20 seconds left to finish a 13-0 comeback

2004 Gilmer 425 Jasper 423...LOL I swear it seems like the score was that high..Gilmer dominated early, Jasper dominated late

2005 SGP beats Denton Ryan in OT first round of playoffs..Game had everything..95 yd punt return for TD..safety..4 pscoring plays of 50 yards or more

Bull Butter
10-05-2006, 09:28 PM
As far as seeing one that I saw in person, it would be Port Isabel's 63-61 4 overtime victory over Rice Consolidated from the 2003 playoffs.

One game I would have liked to have witnessed is the 1963 game between San Antonio Lee & San Antonio Brackenridge featuring Warren McVea of Brack and Linus Baer of Lee. Lee won the game 55-48 I believe.

CHS_CG
10-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
As far as seeing one that I saw in person, it would be Port Isabel's 63-61 4 overtime victory over Rice Consolidated from the 2003 playoffs.

One game I would have liked to have witnessed is the 1963 game between San Antonio Lee & San Antonio Brackenridge featuring Warren McVea of Brack and Linus Baer of Lee. Lee won the game 55-48 I believe.

Caldwell vs #5 Navasota first round of play offs in 2005. Great game, went into OT and Caldwell came out with the W!

Def. wanna see JC and Hoover again...

SintonFan
10-06-2006, 01:56 PM
The Sinton/Hitchcock regional semifinal game in 1991. Here's a good description of it originally posted by robbo93(5/25/05):
Sinton 19, Hitchcock 19
Date: Nov. 29, 1991
Site: El Campo High School Stadium
The Story: This Class 3A regional semifinal will go down as one of the area's greatest playoff games, mostly because of one brilliant decision by then Sinton coach Gary Davenport. Hitchcock went ahead, 13-12, with 3:50 left in the game. Sinton then turned the ball over on downs, giving the Bulldogs the ball back at their own 38-yard line. On second down on the Sinton 45-yard line, however, Davenport called timeout and told his startled defense: "Let them score." The Pirates did, and ended up on top. Here's how they did it: R.A. Winston scored - just as Davenport instructed - from 55 yards out with 46 seconds left. The Pirates stopped the Hitchcock 2-point try, making the score 19-12. The Bulldogs had a 3-2 advantage in penetrations, but Sinton led in first downs (the second tiebreak method used), 18-12. Albert Longoria returned the kickoff to the 48, and with 41 seconds left, Sinton drove to the Hitchcock 20. Then, with 14 seconds left on fourth-and-4, quarterback Ruben Trigo hit David Seago for the touchdown. The extra point tied the game, 19-19, to end regulation. To settle the tiebreak, officials first looked at penetrations, which now were tied, 3-3. Next came first downs, which went to Sinton, 20-12. Thus, the Pirates were able to advance in the playoffs because of one coach's gutsy call.
They Said It: "I knew if it didn't work, I would have a lot of explaining to do." - Gary Davenport, Sinton coach
This game made Sports Illustrated that year.:cool: :clap:

pirate4state
10-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The Sinton/Hitchcock regional semifinal game in 1991. Here's a good description of it originally posted by robbo93(5/25/05):
Sinton 19, Hitchcock 19
The Story: This Class 3A regional semifinal will go down as one of the area's greatest playoff games, mostly because of one brilliant decision by then Sinton coach Gary Davenport. Hitchcock went ahead, 13-12, with 3:50 left in the game. Sinton then turned the ball over on downs, giving the Bulldogs the ball back at their own 38-yard line. On second down on the Sinton 45-yard line, however, Davenport called timeout and told his startled defense: "Let them score." The Pirates did, and ended up on top. Here's how they did it: R.A. Winston scored - just as Davenport instructed - from 55 yards out with 46 seconds left. The Pirates stopped the Hitchcock 2-point try, making the score 19-12. The Bulldogs had a 3-2 advantage in penetrations, but Sinton led in first downs (the second tiebreak method used), 18-12. Albert Longoria returned the kickoff to the 48, and with 41 seconds left, Sinton drove to the Hitchcock 20. Then, with 14 seconds left on fourth-and-4, quarterback Ruben Trigo hit David Seago for the touchdown. The extra point tied the game, 19-19, to end regulation. To settle the tiebreak, officials first looked at penetrations, which now were tied, 3-3. Next came first downs, which went to Sinton, 20-12. Thus, the Pirates were able to advance in the playoffs because of one coach's gutsy call.
They Said It: "I knew if it didn't work, I would have a lot of explaining to do." - Gary Davenport, Sinton coach

:clap: :clap: This was the craziest game I've ever been too!!! :thumbsup: We were just talking about this game last week!! :nerd: :D

Maroon87
10-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Sinton 19, Hitchcock 19

I remember that one pretty clearly. I wasn't there but I remember reading about it in the paper the next day and just thinking..."damn, that took some major cojones.":eek:

Vrabird
10-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Heard Coach K talk about this game on the Hooks broadcast one night. He gave a very good discription of the game and it's unheard of reasoning of letting the Hitchcock team score, so that Sinton would be able to get thier offense back on the field. Great game!!!

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Gatesville vs. Wylie for the 2000 Division 1 State Title. Couldn't have written a better script to the final 4 minutes of that game if I tried. The homeside 3 times went from a loud roar to complete silence on three different plays down the stretch of that one. Coming into the game I never would've thought WR Wesley Springer, QB Matthew Mooney or CB Colt Cooper would've wound up the heroes that night over Taurean Henderson. Best game I was ever able to broadcast.

An exciting (and depressing) game indeed. My senior year at Wylie. Also, nobody from Wylie would have ever thought that QB Caleb Ensor would underthrow a pass like that. In his 2 years at QB he NEVER underthrew passes. There were times where he might throw it 5-10 yds past his receiver but he always made sure that his receiver was the only one going to get the ball. This game "messed with his psyche" IMO as he had a mediocore senior year and ended up at ACU as their backup QB before leaving the team his junior year.

Some of the best defensive football that I've ever seen played on both sides of the ball was in this game. Henderson came into the game averaging about 195 yds/game and Wylie held him to right at 100 (101 I believe) and only 30ish yards in the 1st half. Wylie played essentially flawless defense minus two plays. The first being the stop n go route that Gatesville scored on early in the 3rd quarter when the Wylie CB bit on the pump fake. The second play obviously being the screen pass that Gatesville executed flawlessly to move deep into Wylie territory that lead to the eventual game winning score.

pirate4state
10-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I remember that one pretty clearly. I wasn't there but I remember reading about it in the paper the next day and just thinking..."damn, that took some major cojones.":eek: LOL! Yeah, I remember watching in horror as our defense just STOOD there and let that guy race right by them. I think he even kinda slowed down a bit and was like, "whaaaat..." :D Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!! The fans went NUTS!! :foul: :flaming:, but then everyone was happy!!! :D Our crazy fans stormed the field!!!! :eek: :nerd: After the game that is. ;)

STANG RED
10-06-2006, 03:02 PM
1985 4A Semi-finals, Sweetwater vs. Austin Westlake.
The game ended tied at 21. Sweetwater advanced on penetrations 7 to 4. Went on to win state the following week over Tomball, but the real state champ game was the win over Westlake in my opinion. This was the most well coached game by both sides, I have ever seen. Sweetwater's HC W.T. Stapler had his mustangs close to the endzone on several occasions late in the game, but kept resisting the urge to try a nearly sure FG. He decided to go for the TD or nothing, and make Westlake try to move the ball with their back against their own goal line, if they stopped us. The Sweetwater D was owning the Westlake O by this time, so they just had to keep punting, and we just kept getting penetrations with the short feild. Their D was also doing a great job of keeping us out of the endzone, and forceing turnovers on downs, but not till after we would get the penetration across the 20. At the time, we were all screaming to please take the FG, but when it was all said and done, it was obviouse why he never did.

BTEXDAD
10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
2002 Marlin/Bellville tripple OT playoff game and the 2003 rematch at College Station.

Ditto, Bull's Eye.
Best games I can remember. Especially first one.

SintonFan
10-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: This was the craziest game I've ever been too!!! :thumbsup: We were just talking about this game last week!! :nerd: :D
Best high school game I've ever seen. No doubt.
Second place would be the Port Isabel/Rice Consolidated 4 OT playoff game at Alamo stadium.

Old Tiger
10-06-2006, 03:42 PM
All the games from my senior year:(

ML05
10-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Monahans vs. Greenwood - '03 (Monahans 35, Greenwood 34 - this one won Monahans the district championship)
I'm sure Ranger Mom remembers this one! ;-)

Monahans vs. Bridgeport @ Sweetwater '05 (Monahans 43, Bridgeport 42 - OT- regional championship)

What can I say? I'm a homer.

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Sweetwater vs Perryton 2003 Playoffs, Stangs win 28-27
and I would like to see all 10 games of Sweetwater's 2001 undefeated JV team, that was a fun year

jlwzz
10-06-2006, 05:40 PM
sweetwater vs decatur in 2002
that was a great game, and there was some awesome plays. i would like to see again

SWMustang
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
1985 4A Semi-finals, Sweetwater vs. Austin Westlake.
The game ended tied at 21. Sweetwater advanced on penetrations 7 to 4. Went on to win state the following week over Tomball, but the real state champ game was the win over Westlake in my opinion. This was the most well coached game by both sides, I have ever seen. Sweetwater's HC W.T. Stapler had his mustangs close to the endzone on several occasions late in the game, but kept resisting the urge to try a nearly sure FG. He decided to go for the TD or nothing, and make Westlake try to move the ball with their back against their own goal line, if they stopped us. The Sweetwater D was owning the Westlake O by this time, so they just had to keep punting, and we just kept getting penetrations with the short feild. Their D was also doing a great job of keeping us out of the endzone, and forceing turnovers on downs, but not till after we would get the penetration across the 20. At the time, we were all screaming to please take the FG, but when it was all said and done, it was obviouse why he never did.

Ditto. I believe Stapler's wife had to go to the hospital with some heart problems during the game.

awizzy
10-06-2006, 06:13 PM
plano and tyler john tyler...i dont know what year but it a good game...and the last two wharton cureo games

Matthew328
10-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Plano East and John Tyler 1993 I think??

Everman and Forney 2001 game...

Midland and Converse Judson 2002 state title game

Vernon vs. Southlake Carroll 1992 at Pennington Field

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-06-2006, 08:49 PM
The 1998 Rockdale-Newton game at SHSU Bearkat Stadium.