PDA

View Full Version : Most "Hated" Teams in Each Class?

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Who are the most "hated" teams in each class? You know, the teams that seem to get everyone riled up. You may not personally hate them, but you know what I'm talking about. ;)

5A: SLC
4A: Highland Park?
3A: Celina, Gilmer
2A: Who is it now that Celina is gone?
1A: I don't have a clue about 1A

Stownhorse
10-05-2006, 07:07 PM
i'm tired of all this celina worshipping

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Thank you. I already have the listed.

Stownhorse
10-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Thank you. I already have the listed.

not quite sure of all the Giddings hype either

lostaussie
10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Who are the most "hated" teams in each class? You know, the teams that seem to get everyone riled up. You may not personally hate them, but you know what I'm talking about. ;)

3A: Gilmer
we have 1 state championship. what is there to hate? lots of towns have won a championship. is there a feeling that we could be the next 3A sealy or cuero? that is certainly what we are striving for!!!!!!!!!

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
not quite sure of all the Giddings hype either

I don't know where Giddings is and there doesn't seem to be too much talk about them. Maybe the people closer Giddings could provide some insight.

Bullaholic
10-05-2006, 07:13 PM
kep.....Remember what Dizzy Dean said--"If you can do it....it ain't bragging".

Stownhorse
10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't know where Giddings is and there doesn't seem to be too much talk about them. Maybe the people closer Giddings could provide some insight.

its just that after they beat Wimberley...the defending state champs..they got put on a high horse....i was under the impression that Wimberley didn't return but like 4 people...so it doesn't sound like a big deal to beat them...but idk..i'll probably catch crap for this post

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
we have 1 state championship. what is there to hate? lots of towns have won a championship. is there a feeling that we could be the next 3A sealy or cuero? that is certainly what we are striving for!!!!!!!!!

Don't get hung up on the "hate." Focus on the "teams that seem to get everyone riled up." I think it's the case of the rich (in talent) getting richer that gets most people riled up about Gilmer.

lostaussie
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Don't get hung up on the "hate." Focus on the "teams that seem to get everyone riled up." I think it's the case of the rich (in talent) getting richer that gets most people riled up about Gilmer. more like jealous:D

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 07:22 PM
more like jealous:D

That's probably a big part of it.

3afan
10-05-2006, 07:36 PM

5A: SLC
4A: Highland Park
3A: Celina, Gilmer

that could easily be a "most admired" list too

lostaussie
10-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
that could easily be a "most admired" list too thats the list we want to be on!!!!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
10-05-2006, 07:42 PM
its just that after they beat Wimberley...the defending state champs..they got put on a high horse....i was under the impression that Wimberley didn't return but like 4 people...so it doesn't sound like a big deal to beat them...but idk..i'll probably catch crap for this post
Didn't they beat Hutto pretty handily too? IDK, maybe someone out that direction (Giddings is halfway between Austin and College Station) could answer that for us.

Bullaholic
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
The Sealy teams of 94-97 always seemed to be a "lightning rod" for heated discussion. Seems like any mention of T.J. Mills always inspired debate.

its_n_D_water
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
keep wishing

RMAC
10-05-2006, 08:15 PM
WO-S. That's all I'm gonna say. I don't have a problem w/ the people there, but I have a feeling that some people hate that they get all the love then bow out in the 1st or 2nd round.

GreenMachine
10-05-2006, 08:36 PM
more like jealous:D I'm not jealous :D

Buckeye80
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
keep wishing

We will keep wishing, as long as you promise to keep posting all-knowing prophecies like that one. You've got a way to go to earn some credibility in here.

In Reg II, Winnsboro used to spark alot of ire in folks because they were notoriously "dirty" players. I have no idea whether or not they still are.

mrescape43
10-05-2006, 08:43 PM

It is probably a feeling that at least 2 of your star players should have been declared ineligible. UIL lost all credibility over the kinne decision.

Crimestick
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
WO-S. That's all I'm gonna say. I don't have a problem w/ the people there, but I have a feeling that some people hate that they get all the love then bow out in the 1st or 2nd round.
Ummm... The last three times we were in the playoffs, we bowed out in the "first or second round" only once - the first in 05. Last year, we were in the semifinals - fourth round. In 2000, we were in the finals in 4A - the SIXTH round.

Crimestick
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
oops... the first in 04, not 05. Last year was 05.

its_n_D_water
10-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
We will keep wishing, as long as you promise to keep posting all-knowing prophecies like that one. You've got a way to go to earn some credibility in here.

In Reg II, Winnsboro used to spark alot of ire in folks because they were notoriously "dirty" players. I have no idea whether or not they still are. I really dont care who's credit I earn on this board ...I ve been around longer than you think...sure gilmer has had a couple of good teams last couple of years.....let me know when they get to 600

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
It is probably a feeling that at least 2 of your star players should have been declared ineligible. UIL lost all credibility over the kinne decision.

Actually only one of their players was a transfer.

DaHop72
10-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I really dont care who's credit I earn on this board ...I ve been around longer than you think...sure gilmer has had a couple of good teams last couple of years.....let me know when they get to 600 Cause you can ask rockdale80 and he'll tell you "SWEETWATER IS GOOD":devil:

its_n_D_water
10-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Cause you can ask rockdale80 and he'll tell you "SWEETWATER IS GOOD":devil: Are they ..I wouldnt know

DaHop72
10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Are they ..I wouldnt know You only "know" about 600.:thinking:

bobcat1
10-05-2006, 09:56 PM

Green looks great on you!

sweetwater07
10-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

amen to that...always top of the rankings then get handled by some little known team in the 1st or 2nd

RMAC
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Ummm... The last three times we were in the playoffs, we bowed out in the "first or second round" only once - the first in 05. Last year, we were in the semifinals - fourth round. In 2000, we were in the finals in 4A - the SIXTH round.

My apologies, I my years ran together, but if they've been ranked top 25 every year since the drop from 4A, which was 4 years ago, they've only made the playoffs 2 times, I really don't wanna sound like a jerk, but top 25 for 4 or 5 years for the whole season and only 2 playoff appearances?

sweetwater07
10-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Green looks great on you!

i wouldn't disgrace myself :D

bobcat1
10-05-2006, 10:24 PM
You already did. :rolleyes:

awizzy
10-05-2006, 10:40 PM
5a- slc
4a- brazosport
3a- sweeny- wylie
2a-kountze
1a-who cares

kepdawg
10-05-2006, 10:48 PM
My apologies, I my years ran together, but if they've been ranked top 25 every year since the drop from 4A, which was 4 years ago, they've only made the playoffs 2 times, I really don't wanna sound like a jerk, but top 25 for 4 or 5 years for the whole season and only 2 playoff appearances?

This is WOS' 3rd season in 3A.

kaorder1999
10-05-2006, 11:18 PM
canton untilt his year....in 3A

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
canton untilt his year....in 3A

not really..they were hated for a season and half..and not because they were a winning tradition

WOS87
10-06-2006, 05:50 AM

If you're gonna attempt to bash WOS at least get your facts straight...

WOS is 22-2 over their last 24 games in 3A, and neither Wimberley, Gilmer, Cuero, Celina, Giddings nor any other 3A team in the state has done any better

They've made the playoffs every year since they dropped down, have yet to lose a district game in 3A, and have lost a grand total of 3 games to 3A teams in their entire 30 year history, with 2 of the 3 losses coming from a State champ and a State Finalist

lostaussie
10-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

WOS is 22-2 over their last 24 games in 3A, and neither Wimberley, Gilmer, Cuero, Celina, Giddings nor any other 3A team in the state has done any better

They've made the playoffs every year since they dropped down, have yet to lose a district game in 3A, and have lost a grand total of 3 games to 3A teams in their entire 30 year history, with 2 of the 3 losses coming from a State champ and a State Finalist I'm not bashing, just getting facts straight. and i know that you, my man, are the king of facts. but in our last 24 games, we have that exact same 22-2. since 2003 that would be 44-3.

WOS87
10-06-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm not bashing, just getting facts straight. and i know that you, my man, are the king of facts. but in our last 24 games, we have that exact same 22-2. since 2003 that would be 44-3.

;)

I realize that... that doesn't contradict what I posted originally... 22-2 isn't any better than 22-2

lostaussie
10-06-2006, 07:01 AM
;)

I realize that... that doesn't contradict what I posted originally... 22-2 isn't any better than 22-2 i reread, and apologize
:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
10-06-2006, 07:19 AM
1a - Chilton
2a - Pilot Point
3a - Sweetwater! Just kidding everyone loves sweetwater! :D
4a - Waco
5a - Permian

JT44
10-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Sealy teams of 94-97 always seemed to be a "lightning rod" for heated discussion. Seems like any mention of T.J. Mills always inspired debate.

yes, they had us bouncing b-balls early every year in cuero

Crimestick
10-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Wow. The whole argument against us is based on screwy facts. :P
We've only been 3A for two years and have two playoff appearances. If we had more than that, it would be a miracle.

Crimestick
10-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Although we didn't make the playoffs our last two years in 4A, we did have an 8-2 record with one of the toughest schedules in the state both years.

griff
10-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Wow. The whole argument against us is based on screwy facts. :P
We've only been 3A for two years and have two playoff appearances. If we had more than that, it would be a miracle.

Since the information is "screwy", that would not make it "facts" at all. :)

This is also a case of short term memory. Our first year in 3A, we were ranked too high. We lost in the first round and didn't deserve to be ranked #1. The pollsters rated us high because of our winning tradition in 4A. Last year, we deserved to be ranked high and proved it by making it all the way to the semi-finals. All this talk of early exits in the playoffs only happened ONCE.

It's laughable when someone from Sweetwater or other places in Region 1, 2 & 4 make comments like the ones in this thread. The majority of the people on this site don't know much about WO-S to start with. We're still new to 3A (only our third season in the classification) and most of the people on this site have never seen us play. These same people are affiliated with 3A schools that have never played against us.

JasperDog94
10-06-2006, 05:00 PM
more like jealous:D Is is jealousy to expect the UIL to uphold it's own rules?

RMAC
10-06-2006, 05:23 PM

They've made the playoffs every year since they dropped down, have yet to lose a district game in 3A, and have lost a grand total of 3 games to 3A teams in their entire 30 year history, with 2 of the 3 losses coming from a State champ and a State Finalist

Again, sorry, I don't like to look things up. I didn't even say that I was one of the people that was tired of WO-S. I'm just saying that it's seemed like the past few years WO-S has been said to be a very good team and just hasn't put together a championship yet. That's okay, everybody's human. But what is funny is that if anybody says anything halfway negative about WO-S, then the whole world is brought down on them and they get labeled a "Basher". Personally, I don't think ya'll are overrated, just had a few bad breaks, they happen. But in the end, we all know that the rankings mean nothing. . . at all.

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Is is jealousy to expect the UIL to uphold it's own rules?

The UIL certainly did so in the case of one Gilbert Moye. It harshly applied the letter of the law, showing no mercy whatsover to a young man displaced by a hurricane.

As for G.J. Kinne, I think the UIL ruled properly but there was also an unspoken mercy factor having to do with what both he and his father had gone through over the previous year.

I have heard the GISD administration is so upset at being slandered by this and other message boards that they may "take action," whatever that might mean. You may be classsified as a keyboard "terrorist" for all I know. So watch it. :mad: :eek:

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/09/30/diboll_liberty_FB.html

The Jacks host Splendora Friday, marking the long-awaited return of Gilbert Moye to varsity football. It will also be the DHS homecoming game. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.

Lumberjacks take down Liberty

By GARY WILLMON
The Lufkin Daily News

Friday, September 29, 2006

DIBOLL — This time, the Diboll Lumberjacks made sure they didn't disappoint their home crowd.

After blowing a 21-point lead three weeks ago in a 47-46 loss to Shepherd, the Jacks — who had regrouped to take road victories over Cleveland and Coldspring — saw to it that their two-touchdown halftime lead on Friday stayed there intact the entire second half as the Lumberjacks outmuscled the visiting Liberty Panthers 35-20 in non-district football action at Lumberjack Stadium.

SLIDE SHOW: Photos from Diboll-Liberty game

The win lifts Diboll to 3-1 heading into next Friday's final nondistrict tuneup.

Ketaraus Stanton paced the Lumberjacks against Liberty, rushing for 137 yards and two touchdowns and also catching a 15-yard touchdown pass from Edwin Simon. Stanton's backfield mate, Cortney Tillman, added 78 yards on the ground, and DHS quarterback Kyle Prescott picked up a touchdown on a 13-yard scamper.

The Diboll defense, for the second time in three games, also got in on the scoring act as defensive lineman Victor Arreola stripped Liberty QB Steven Gee of the football and picked it up at the Panther 14, returning it the distance for a touchdown. And Lumberjack placekicker Alex Castillo was a perfect five-for-five on extra-point kicks.

After a scoreless first quarter, Diboll took a 14-0 lead early in the second frame. The Jacks drove 73 yards in 10 plays with Stanton running for a 10-yard touchdown before Arreola made his defensive gem just over a minute later.

Liberty managed to trim the Diboll lead to 14-6 with an 80-yard scoring drive midway through the second quarter. But it took Diboll only two minutes to get the TD back as Stanton returned the ensuing kickoff 65 yards to the Liberty 30. Prescott guided the Jacks to the endzone on four plays, calling his own number for the final 13 yards and the score. That gave the Jacks a 21-6 lead at halftime.

In the second half, both teams traded a pair of touchdowns, but Liberty never really threatened. Stanton had a 15-yard TD catch from Simon to cap a mammoth 99-yard drive after the Jacks' defensive snuffed the Panthers on a fourth-and-goal at the Diboll 1. Stanton also had a 5-yard TD run late in the game.

The Jacks host Splendora Friday, marking the long-awaited return of Gilbert Moye to varsity football. It will also be the DHS homecoming game. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.

JasperDog94
10-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I have heard the GISD administration is so upset at being slandered by this and other message boards that they may "take action," whatever that might mean. You may be classsified as a keyboard "terrorist" for all I know. So watch it. :mad: :eek: Tell em to bring it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-06-2006, 10:16 PM
The UIL ruled correctly in the Moye case. He was recruited by Dibol.

Nobody disputes that the Kinnes went through a lot. But if you take the emmotions out of the equation, he transferred for athletic purposes. And that is against the rules.

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2006, 10:31 PM
If I were from Jasper, I might not have as much sympathy for Moye, I'll admit. I just remember he played his heart out against Gilmer in the title game and he was only a sophomore. That impressed me.

Let me know how he did against Splendora tonight if you find out.

Hupernikomen
10-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
If I were from Jasper, I might not have as much sympathy for Moye, I'll admit. I just remember he played his heart out against Gilmer in the title game and he was only a sophomore. That impressed me.

Let me know how he did against Splendora tonight if you find out.

Diboll won 42-33. No idea how Moye did.

JasperDog94
10-06-2006, 11:06 PM
I actually have a lot of sympathy for Moye. He just listened to some bad advice from some adults. Unfortunately he's the one that paid the price for that advice instead of the adults. I wish him nothing but the best.

Now Diboll on the other hand...

mistanice
10-07-2006, 03:07 AM
Passing 6- 9 113 1int 2td

ATT YDS TD LONG
Rushing 9 150 2 58

moye's stats