PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Fans Meet Shawnbrey McNeal

JR2004
10-05-2006, 05:50 PM
This is off of texags.com. Just look under the videos they have available. It should be the third one on there right now and it's titled "Meet Shawnbrey McNeal"

http://texags.com/main/tv.asp

The game footage is from the Tatum game last year. I know a lot of Aggie fans don't know who he is so here's a chance to get a preview of him if you've never seen him before. He's a real good kid and I believe y'all will enjoy watching him play for your boys for the next 4 years as much as Madison fans have.

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 06:15 PM
like madison ever produced a quality athlete

JR2004
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Never! He's the first one! :)

I really do feel that A&M's current coaching staff is going to completely misuse his talents. I hope at least he'll make it down there long enough to get his degree. It'd also be nice if A&M would bring in some good offensive coaches that will maximize his abilities because their current offensive setup won't do it. They misuse so many guys on that side of the ball.

Bulldog_12
10-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I have heard and seen a little about him on different places. The kids got speed. We are looking forward to having another great RB here.

bulldogman06
10-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Wow, havin him, Goodson, and Lane in the backfield.... thats scary. maybe we should switch to power I or somethin

KL3
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Never! He's the first one! :)

I really do feel that A&M's current coaching staff is going to completely misuse his talents. I hope at least he'll make it down there long enough to get his degree. It'd also be nice if A&M would bring in some good offensive coaches that will maximize his abilities because their current offensive setup won't do it. They misuse so many guys on that side of the ball.

What are you talking about? If there is 1 offensive position you would want to play at A&M, it's running back. They are the focal point of the offense.

JR2004
10-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I just don't see much about A&M's current offense that fits him. I think he's exactly what A&M has been missing in their offense, but whether or not Fran will put him in a position to succeed is still up for debate in my opinion. His big play ability is something that A&M sorely needs in their backfield as does their offense in general.

Shawnbrey can take a pounding when he's been asked to, but he's not a traditional type back in my opinion. I'm not saying the kid is Reggie Bush (although speed wise he's in that category), but he's the kind of player, in my opinion, that you need to get involved in different ways. One play you could have him lined up at tailback and then the next you can just as easily line him up in the slot like you used to see USC do with Bush. I'm just not sold yet that A&M will be a good fit for him from what I've seen of them under Fran. I really hope for his sake that everything will work out down there and that he'll be successful and walk away from there with his degree. Getting that is more important than anything he'll accomplish on the football field.

gold_33
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM
A&M needs to switch to the wishbone with these RB they're getting but being and Aggie fan I still dont understand why they're recruiting more runningbacks. They have three or four committed this year and they're already gonna be pretty deep there for the next few years. Unless maybe they are gonna switch some of these kids around to defense or wide receiver cause thats where they're hurting right now but just my opinion.

KL3
10-08-2006, 11:05 PM
JR2004, in case you didn't know, A&M has a true freshman RB named Mike Goodson who was the top RB in the state last year. He was Pete Carroll's #1 choice at RB, and Rivals had him the #4 RB in the country. He is currently the #2 rusher on the team and averaged 9.9 yds/carry yesterday.

Gold33, right now A&M has 3 RB commits, Bradley Stephens from McAllen Memorial, Joseph Reese from Plufgerville, and now Shawnbrey. Reese and McNeal could play defense.

Bulldog_12
10-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by KL3

Gold33, right now A&M has 3 RB commits, Bradley Stephens from McAllen Memorial, Joseph Reese from Plufgerville, and now Shawnbrey. Reese and McNeal could play defense.

Im really excited about that Reese kid. Ive heard a TON about him.