PDA

View Full Version : i NEED a dell discount

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
anyone got a code for a discount

injuredinmelee
10-05-2006, 05:05 PM
i have an aunt and two cousins and one of my cousins hubbies that work for dell and they dont get hardly jack crap for discounts. I think it is only like 25%. Isnt that crappy?

Blastoderm55
10-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Don't bother ordering online. Call in and talk to a rep. They're given a lot of freedom when issuing discounts just to close a sale.

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i have an aunt and two cousins and one of my cousins hubbies that work for dell and they dont get hardly jack crap for discounts. I think it is only like 25%. Isnt that crappy?

25% of off stuff that will be over 1000 is a pretty darn good one if you ask me

Blastoderm55
10-05-2006, 05:09 PM

No. Dells margins are very small. The discount is way higher than it should be. My fiancee used to work there.

injuredinmelee
10-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Anyne ever been to Michael Dells house? It is freaking ridiculous. He is the freaking man! I hate soem of the crap he has done but the halloween party that I went to at his house was the ____ well you know what I was gonna say.

jason
10-05-2006, 05:20 PM
this is a thing dell and the texas a&m system have set up

its not a great discount, but its something

www.dell.com/aggies

3afan
10-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jason

www.dell.com/aggies

or www.dell.com/longhorns :p

or www.dell.com/cougars
(Cal. State - San Marcos)

and more ........ but its the same discount

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 05:25 PM

www.dell.com/aggies yeah, the wife said that she gets about that in discount

Emerson1
10-05-2006, 05:43 PM
You should go for the %100 discount and not buy a dell.

jason
10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
ill build you a top of the line machine for $700 + 15% building fee

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 08:31 PM
You can choose any school for your discount. It doesn't really matter. Just don't buy a Dell

jason
10-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You can choose any school for your discount. It doesn't really matter. Just don't buy a Dell dell makes fine machines - they are comparable to any other - their customer service might not be the BEST - but they get the job done

turbostud
10-05-2006, 08:43 PM
dell makes fine machines - they are comparable to any other - their customer service might not be the BEST - but they get the job done
Their customer service sux. Everytime I call I end up talking to Mohammed in Pakistan or Punjab in India. I cant tell the difference. Its probably one of those guys from the movie Booty Call.

wyliegrad04
10-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I realize this will probably open a can of worms, but ...

SCREW DELL!! Get an Apple Macbook pro ... no better laptop on the market right now, if you ask me.

i used a dell laptop for a long time until i got the apple ... good good switch for me.

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Their customer service sux. Everytime I call I end up talking to Mohammed in Pakistan or Punjab in India. I cant tell the difference. Its probably one of those guys from the movie Booty Call.

Umm...his name is Steven in Jakarta. I promise his name is Steven! ;)

jason
10-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
I realize this will probably open a can of worms, but ...

SCREW DELL!! Get an Apple Macbook pro ... no better laptop on the market right now, if you ask me.

i used a dell laptop for a long time until i got the apple ... good good switch for me. i agree, i would LOVE to have a macbook pro - but the $2500 price tag for the one i want isn't quite affordable right now - maybe a graduation gift ;)

it would be awesome to put 'comprehensive knowledge of macintosh operating system' on my resume

wyliegrad04
10-05-2006, 09:32 PM
jason,
the price is kinda high but they last FOREVER!! i got buddies using iBook g3s ... 5 years old and run smooth ... it's amazing.

look at one of the older iBooks ... I'll sell you an old one I have for $850 ... haha ... been needing to get rid of it since I got the new one.

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 11:21 PM
jason,
the price is kinda high but they last FOREVER!! i got buddies using iBook g3s ... 5 years old and run smooth ... it's amazing.

look at one of the older iBooks ... I'll sell you an old one I have for $850 ... haha ... been needing to get rid of it since I got the new one.
Here that AJ? He'll get you some sloppy notebook seconds for 8-fitty. Jump on it man!:inlove:

wyliegrad04
10-05-2006, 11:25 PM
I never said it's a sloppy second notebook ... I had the chance to upgrade so I did ... my other one isn't being used so i'd sell it to anyone wanting to buy it

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I never said it's a sloppy second notebook ... I had the chance to upgrade so I did ... my other one isn't being used so i'd sell it to anyone wanting to buy it
Is it a used G3?:p

spiveyrat
10-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Why does it have to be a Dell? You can get a real decent computer at BB or CC for right around $500.

I bought a Emachines comp that was fast and loaded with memory a couple of years ago. No problems with it.

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 08:46 AM
but emachines doesn't make laptops

jason
10-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
but emachines doesn't make laptops they used to - back when i worked at circuit city, emachine put out one of the first wide screen notebooks

bobcat1
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Try this link: http://www.gotapex.com/ (Got Apex)

luvhoops34
10-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I have owned a bunch of laptops. DO NOT BUY A TOSHIBA. They are having problems with the electrical connection to the motherboard. And you can't fix it. They can n-rig it, but not fix it. And it's expensive to "fix" around $500.

Whatever laptop you decide on, buy a service plan. If you don't you're screwed. If you decide on a Dell, call them, don't order online. They can give you all sorts of extras and discounts just to make the sale.

injuredinmelee
10-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Umm...his name is Steven in Jakarta. I promise his name is Steven! ;)

The gf has a dell and she was having problems with the Customer Service people. I called for her and the guy anserign the phone with his heavy heavy heavy arabic accent told me his name was Alex Cooper. I couldnt help it i just started laughing my butt off. I kept askign him about it everytime he would try and mess with me i would say... " your name isnt really Alex Cooper is it?" Or " You know its Alice Cooper right not Alex. LIke Alice as in Rock and Roll Alice." He finally hung up on me after i finally had enough and started calling him Osama. We went and got her a Compaq the next morning.

Adidas410s
10-06-2006, 09:48 AM
The gf has a dell and she was having problems with the Customer Service people. I called for her and the guy anserign the phone with his heavy heavy heavy arabic accent told me his name was Alex Cooper. I couldnt help it i just started laughing my butt off. I kept askign him about it everytime he would try and mess with me i would say... " your name isnt really Alex Cooper is it?" Or " You know its Alice Cooper right not Alex. LIke Alice as in Rock and Roll Alice." He finally hung up on me after i finally had enough and started calling him Osama. We went and got her a Compaq the next morning.

you're evil Rick. I've done that a few times though when I used to use my Dell PDA and had to call them with a few questions. I wonder where that thing is at. hmm...

injuredinmelee
10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
you're evil Rick. I've done that a few times though when I used to use my Dell PDA and had to call them with a few questions. I wonder where that thing is at. hmm...

it shazzed me off that they couldnt be honest with me and it started with his name. They think getting these people to use american pseudenyms(sp) is going to make it better that this fag shipped all these jobs over seas.

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Try this link: http://www.gotapex.com/ (Got Apex) this link looked really helpful, thanks

bobcat1
10-06-2006, 10:49 AM
No Problemo!

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 10:53 AM
that link worked for yall?

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 10:56 AM
yeah it did, i can get a decent discount if I act pretty quick, so i'll try to make it happen

spiveyrat
10-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
but emachines doesn't make laptops

OHHHHH! You need a laptop. Must have missed that in your post. oops! :blush:

SintonFan
10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey John, have you tried Tigerdirect (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=17) ?
That's a good place to try when you are low on dow.

Blastoderm55
10-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I still say you just call Dell. You get ridiculous pricing, and if you're credit is at least fair, you can get an extra discount and good financing with a Dell Preferred Account.