PDA

View Full Version : A Barbers Hill - Orangefield Match-Up?

BH_146
11-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Isn't this a possibility? If Hardin defeats Orangefield and Cleveland upsets Liberty, wouldn't this create a playoff game between BH and Orangefield?

Old Cardinal
11-03-2002, 03:48 PM
I believe Cleveland is the most improved team in the last few weeks, in the area, under Coach Al Celaya! They sure whipped Splendora this weekend. If they whip Liberty, which is a very good possibility and Orangefield wins-then who would Barbers Hill met in the Division II playoffs?

BH_146
11-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Under those circumtances, BH would play Hardin. Barbers Hill could end up playing any three of the playoffs teams from District 21-AAA. Bridge City's opponent will either be BH or Cleveland.

Bobkat
11-04-2002, 08:32 AM
Orangefield playing Barbers Hill is a possibility. I had posted on another site that Orangefield had finished second in district, but actually Hardin with a win over Orangefield would finish tied for second and would go as the second place team. I was thinking that Hardin had three district loses, but they only have two. Should be a good game, but if Orangefield keeps playing like they're playing right now they should win this game. But hey, who knows and who knows what's going to happen between Liberty and Cleveland. Looks like both teams are playing some good ball right now. Should be a interesting Friday night. :D

Old Cardinal
11-04-2002, 01:52 PM
I guess I am crazy but I like this Div. I & II situation-you really don't know who you will play in most cases, and that makes it fun. If Orange field were to play BH like they played Port Neches- Groves, they will beat BH. If they play BH like they played BC, they will lose big time. I like the Bobcats, if BC get eliminated early then I will be at the Bobcat playoff games!

AggieJohn
11-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Old Cardinal:
I believe Cleveland is the most improved team in the last few weeks, in the area, under Coach Al Celaya! They sure whipped Splendora this weekend. If they whip Liberty, which is a very good possibility and Orangefield wins-then who would Barbers Hill met in the Division II playoffs?Cleveland over Liberty...maybe in Basketball...as far as the most improved team in this distict..it would have to be Tarkington...they made Liberty work for their win in week 8 and came up beating an 8-1 team in the coldspring-oakhurst trojans getting their first win of the year...their the most improved.....as far as cleveland taking liberty how can you say that....Cleveland barely pulled it out agianst tarkington by one possession...liberty won against them 24-6...splendora was the biggest dissapointment in the district...picked to go 2 in disrict they will be luckey if they don't finish last....and cleveland against Huffman 28-21...liberty finished any playoff hopes for huffman last week when they killed the falcons 41-7....old cardinal if you want make a case against liberty back it up with numbers......Good luck to the bobcats....

BH_146
11-04-2002, 04:03 PM
explayer2001, I made the post because of so much talk about BH-BC and there is a possibility of BH playing Orangefield (or Hardin). Personally, I think if Liberty takes care of the football, the Panthers will win against Cleveland.