PDA

View Full Version : Matthew 328 rips J2K this week!

Matthew328
02-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Yes folks the cream has once agian rose to the top..as I put up a stellar record of 24-8 while J2K was 20-12...so for the playoffs..I am now 47-17 and J2K is 44-20..Yes folks the pumpkin ball hater has finally met his match!! LOL :p

Jacket2000
02-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, it's about damn time!
J2K

ThaRealBulldog
02-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Jacket you can cuss and I can't? I was ban for cussing once, I think the rules should apply to everyone.

Brahma73
02-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Hey Matt, what do you know about Kountze's boys? They absolutely creamed their last opponent 106 to something much less. They're Hempstead's next opponent, and I'm kinda following the 'Cats since they're from our district.

By the way, I saw the Kountze girls play Hutto down at our gym. Kountze's ladies could beat a pretty good boys team. Unbelievable speed and quickness plus tremendous D.

Jacket2000
02-23-2003, 11:45 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
Jacket you can cuss and I can't? I was ban for cussing once, I think the rules should apply to everyone.You weren't banned for saying "damn". The way I see it, if I can say it in my grandmama's house then it's not a curse word.
J2K

Matthew328
02-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Kountze vs Hempstead should be a great game....winner has inside track to Reg 3 title if you ask me.....Hempstead may have trouble with the guards from Kountze but Kountze is gonna have problems with Nelson...Hempstead needs to keep the game at a slow pace and not let Kountze go up and down the floor...

jason
02-24-2003, 11:49 AM
kountzes girls could not beat any guys team...

Old Cardinal
02-24-2003, 02:07 PM
To Jason, Evidently you are babbling, and have not seen the Kountze girls play! I think that at this point in time, the Canyon and Kountze girls could take a few of the boy's teams in just several districts!

Old Cardinal
02-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Matt: It should be a good game but I still think that Hardin-Jefferson and Kountze boys from 21-3A can take Hempstead 8 out of 10 games-and are BOTH serious contenders for the State Crown!

Matthew328
02-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Old Card I am gonna have to disagree with you...Canyon's girls and Kountze's girls are both good...BUT they would get beat bad by a guys team..it would take a really bad guys team to lose to them...nothing against the girls teams but the physical differences are way too much..for example when I was at Trinity Valley CC our women's team was 38-0 and national champs...in 1999-2000...they rolled every team they played..they used to scrimmage Athens High School boys JV...and they used to get rolled...boys teams are too big, too quick and too strong...it is just genetics...

Matthew328
02-24-2003, 02:22 PM
By the way that team at TVCC...had 8 Division 1 players on it..

big daddy russ
02-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Old Cardinal:
Matt: It should be a good game but I still think that Hardin-Jefferson and Kountze boys from 21-3A can take Hempstead 8 out of 10 games-and are BOTH serious contenders for the State Crown!I saw both Hempstead (vs. Aransas Pass in the Region IV finals) and Kountze (vs. Dimmitt at the State Semifinals) last year and Hempstead was better back then. I know Kountze is without a doubt a tough team, but I just don't see them hanging with Hempstead. They have some amazing athletes and their team has more weapons than just Nelson. AP had a good team last year and were lucky to get out of that game alive.

Brahma73
02-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Hey guys, just so you don't think ol' B73 has totally wacked out, I was kidding about the Kountze girls beating a boys team. I think they could probably beat you and me, but not even a meager HS male squad. My point was that they're as solid a lady group as I've seen in a while, however I bet they'll still have to play well to win it all wink

crzyjournalist03
02-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Matthew328:
Yes folks the cream has once agian rose to the top..as I put up a stellar record of 24-8 while J2K was 20-12...so for the playoffs..I am now 47-17 and J2K is 44-20..Yes folks the pumpkin ball hater has finally met his match!! LOL :p Too bad you can't take too much glory in this statement considering that it says "agian" and instead of "risen" it says "rose". You might want to fix that.

Old Cardinal
02-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Matt, You are probably right; however, I was just envisioning those long 3 pointer type shots by these type girls teams. Since you have seen scrimmage contest, I will have to drop my argument. But Kountze girls are extraordinary.

Matthew328
02-24-2003, 11:32 PM
No question Kountze and Canyon's girls are exceptional...I don't want to demean what they have done in anyway...like I said the physical difference would be too much for them to overcome...and like I said earlier if anyone in 3A beats Canyon's girls it will be the upset of the century

vet93
02-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Here is what it will take to defeat Canyon. First, you had better be able to handle pressure defense. That means you have to be disciplined and you have to have at least 2 to 3 girls who can handle the ball very well. Second, you have to be patient. You will not win if you get into a track meet with them because their pressure will force you into turnovers. Move the ball around the perimeter and run you half court offense for the open shot. Third, you had better shoot the lights out offensively. With the 6'5" girl it is extremely difficult to get second shots on the offensive boards. Lastly, play in your face defense. Try and disrupt their flow and don't let them lob it into the tall girl for the easy two. Another strategy that might help is to try and take it inside and get the tall girl into foul trouble. However, that is easier said than done. They are big, quick and well coached. The strength of their team is suffocating defense. That is where they catch teams and get easy buckets. Good luck to all!

Jimbotex40
02-26-2003, 01:47 AM
the worst 5A guys basketball team could beat any WNBA team

Old Cardinal
02-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Matt: well Hempstead did beat Kountze, in the boys arena. It should be a good one with Hardin-Jefferson now an easy winner, going against Nelson & crew.