PDA

View Full Version : Who Should the Rangers Hire

eagles_victory
10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Who should be the next manager of the Rangers

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Rusty Greer??? Where did that idea come from?

CenTexSports
10-05-2006, 11:02 AM
I believe they should hire me!

1) I will work for 1/2 of Buck's salery.
2) I guarentee to have at least as good a record as his after 4 years or I will give back one half of the money.
3) I love baseball as much as anybody.
4) I have 30 years of managerial experience.
5) This is the only job that I have ever coveted.

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I believe they should hire me!

1) I will work for 1/2 of Buck's salery.
2) I guarentee to have at least as good a record as his after 4 years or I will give back one half of the money.
3) I love baseball as much as anybody.
4) I have 30 years of managerial experience.
5) This is the only job that I have ever coveted.

Did you mention that you are really good at yelling at the umpires too? ;)

Maroon87
10-05-2006, 11:04 AM
I had heard the other day that Girardi was probably headed to the Cubs.

awizzy
10-05-2006, 11:07 AM
lou penilla....i am down to see some hissy fits

DUKE22
10-05-2006, 11:22 AM
You know I really dont think it matters. Lou would be a great choice but then again so would Giradi. In my opinion I think of the three major sports, baseball is the one where the head coach is the least important. Now I am not saying you can just get anyone and win. Take Joe Torre for example, he did not do well until he was with the Yankees. Coaches have a much bigger impact during the games in Football and Basketball. Why dont we add Toby Harrah, Charlie Hough, and Pete INCA whats his name, since Rusty Greer is up there.

loyalleopard
10-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Glenn Welch from Texas High.

g$$
10-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Next manager: not nearly as important as assembling a MLB quality pitching staff. That has been the Achilles Heel for the Rangers for far too long.

Rusty Greer is an interesting name...not just a recycled former manager.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Orel Hershiser when he was pitching coach, the youger pitchers show some improvements with him. I think he will make a good manager or maybe a fresh young manager as the rangers were the youngest team in the american league and maybe need a guy that can relate to them. Baseball coaching is more to get them in the mood to play day in and day out, sounds weird since they get paid to play, but it happens.

Bulldog_12
10-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Well, at least the ranger fans can be excited. I saw a graphic on ESPN that showed that the last two clubs he has managed, have won the world series after he left.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Well, at least the ranger fans can be excited. I saw a graphic on ESPN that showed that the last two clubs he has managed, have won the world series after he left.

:D well i think thats why he got fired so they can put that theory to the test:D

Bearkat
10-05-2006, 01:35 PM
They should hire Roger Clemens as a player/manager. This would give them a #1 and someone to help the other pitchers.

Keith7
10-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
They should hire Roger Clemens as a player/manager. This would give them a #1 and someone to help the other pitchers.

We don't want some roided up primadonna on our team, thats why we got rid of Palmerio, Canseco and Juan Gonzalez