PDA

View Full Version : Wylie / Wimberly???

Gsquared
10-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Man, Wimberley looked pretty good last week, anybody think Wylie can take them?

Old Tiger
10-05-2006, 06:58 AM
The Wylie faithful do but the S'water and Snyder folks say they have no chance in hell.

I have to agree w/ the S'water and Snyder folks

Gsquared
10-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
The Wylie faithful do but the S'water and Snyder folks say they have no chance in hell.

I think Wylie might take it. As good as I Wimberley looked last year, Sandifer has a way of putting together a line that can beat the snot out of someone up front. Think it could be a classic.

WTF-82
10-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Wylie has improved, but I dont think they can do it. Defense can play with Wimberely but offensively they are not were they need and wont to be be it will be a close matchup.

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 08:24 AM

You must have missed all of the Sweetwater people that had been supporting Wylie. Go yell at another principal or something! :mad:

tigerbyheart
10-05-2006, 08:41 AM
This Snyder poster believes that Wylie can beat Wimberly...

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 08:42 AM

You obviously havent been reading my posts. I'll be there and will be supporting Wylie, and honestly think they have a chance of winning this. It's gonna be an uphill battle, but I've seen Wylie win way too many games, that they should have lost. Never count out a team that is that well coached!

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You obviously havent been reading my posts. I'll be there and will be supporting Wylie, and honestly think they have a chance of winning this. It's gonna be an uphill battle, but I've seen Wylie win way too many games, that they should have lost. Never count out a team that is that well coached!
DON'T WEAR RED!!! :mad:

;)

wyliegrad04
10-05-2006, 08:46 AM
would the Cuero/Wylie game in 2004 count as an uphill battle? thought Wylie was suppose to get blown out ...

Decatur/Wylie game after Decatur blew them away ...uphill battle?

I find it funny for some to say "no way in hell Wylie will win" ... I'm glad Wylie is really stepping it up this pre-season. It's a tough schedule! A lot of people said no way Wylie would beat Frenship!

I think people will be suprised with Wylie. I really do. There is no better in the state at putting a game plan together than Coach Sandifer.

I think it will be a very close, and very good game. I could really care less who wins, I just hope it's a hard fought, fun game.

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
DON'T WEAR RED!!! :mad:

;)

LOL, sorry but I dont have any purple. I only have RED football clothes.
OK, if I have time, I'll go see if I can find a purple shirt in Austin.:D

vet93
10-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Keep your red on...just make sure it has a big'ole Sweetwater Mustang or big "S" on it somewhere! That says more about being from Sweetwater and still supporting the Bulldogs than trying to slip in incognito as a Wylie fan!

Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL, sorry but I dont have any purple. I only have RED football clothes.
OK, if I have time, I'll go see if I can find a purple shirt in Austin.:D

Ranger Mom
10-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Keep your red on...just make sure it has a big'ole Sweetwater Mustang or big "S" on it somewhere! That says more about being from Sweetwater and still supporting the Bulldogs than trying to slip in incognito as a Wylie fan!

I agree 100%. I always wear my Greenwood stuff to another teams game. I like letting them know that, at least THIS Greenwood fan is supporting them!!

Well....I wore my downlow shirt to the Monohans game...but that was cool too!!

Johnny Moxen
10-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Should be a very close game that could go either way. But being the "homer" that I am, I say Wylie wins in a close one.

By the way, we'll take all the S'Water and Syder support we can even if it's your team colors.

WestTXLonghorn
10-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm not as in touch with high school ball as much as I used to be so excuse me if this is a dumb question. But, how in the heck did Wylie end up getting Wimberly on their schedule?

Did they meet in the playoffs or something last year? I've never heard of Wylie and them meeting up before and it is kind of a trip between those two schools isn't it?

Old Tiger
10-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You must have missed all of the Sweetwater people that had been supporting Wylie. Go yell at another principal or something! :mad: lol

big daddy russ
10-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
I'm not as in touch with high school ball as much as I used to be so excuse me if this is a dumb question. But, how in the heck did Wylie end up getting Wimberly on their schedule?

Did they meet in the playoffs or something last year? I've never heard of Wylie and them meeting up before and it is kind of a trip between those two schools isn't it?
When schools get so good that there are only a handful of teams in the state that can compete with them year-in, year-out, scheduling problems come up because nobody wants to play them. That's why Texarkana Liberty-Eylau always has to travel down to CenTex to play, and teams like Wimberley schedule Hutto and Wylie in non-district.

Not a dumb question at all.

Johnny Moxen
10-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

Seems as if winning the State Championship last year has caused some teams to back away from Wimberly. The coaches agreed upon playing each other for two years and there you have it. No we haven't meet before that I know of. Just two great programs looking to play other schools of that caliber.

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
When schools get so good that there are only a handful of teams in the state that can compete with them year-in, year-out, scheduling problems come up because nobody wants to play them. That's why Texarkana Liberty-Eylau always has to travel down to CenTex to play, and teams like Wimberley schedule Hutto and Wylie in non-district.

The district shakeups with re-alignment, also makes it hard to find games to fill holes in schedules, especially with the UIL taking their sweet time releasing everything. That being said, this is a great match up, however it came about. Great job by both head coaches for making this happen!!! I would have loved for this game to have happened last year!

WestTXLonghorn
10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
So Wimberly is kind of like the Longhorns, huh?;)

Yeah, I also got geared up to play Wylie being from S'Water. Stunk tho because Sandifer is really good at designing schemes and he usually throws in a trick play or 3 which helps Wylie kick the other teams' butt.

Stownhorse
10-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
would the Cuero/Wylie game in 2004 count as an uphill battle? thought Wylie was suppose to get blown out ...

Decatur/Wylie game after Decatur blew them away ...uphill battle?

I find it funny for some to say "no way in hell Wylie will win" ... I'm glad Wylie is really stepping it up this pre-season. It's a tough schedule! A lot of people said no way Wylie would beat Frenship!

I think people will be suprised with Wylie. I really do. There is no better in the state at putting a game plan together than Coach Sandifer.

I think it will be a very close, and very good game. I could really care less who wins, I just hope it's a hard fought, fun game.

amen to that....Hugh Sandifer is way too good of a caoch to be blown out...i think they will put up a good fight and have a chance in winning this game

Johnny Moxen
10-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Have to agree with the S'Water folks. Over the years I have been steadily amazed at how the coaching staff has put together a game plan that puts Wylie in a situation to win a game. The only blowout over the last 7 years I can think of was the Decatur game early in the season, the same year we went on to beat them in the play-offs and win state.

I know that the Winberly folks are probably pretty tired of hearing about the Wylie coaching staff, however your not elected President of the Coaches Association and asked to speak at the Coaches Convention regarding your program for nothing.