PDA

View Full Version : Why Fran needs to go....

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 12:41 AM
1. 20-20 record at A&M. RC Slocum was fired after a 6-6 year. Then we hired Fran for a quick turnaround. All he's given us was two losing seasons out of three, and we're at .500 four years later.

2. 1-9 against real teams. Fran's record against Tech, OU, and Texas is 1-9. The one win was an OT win against Tech in 2004.

3. 5 game Big 12 losing streak. We have the worst losing streak in the Big 12.

4. Baylor. We freaking lost to Baylor. That has happened since I was in just popping out of my momma's womb. Oh yeah, and we needed OT to beat Baylor last year. Seriously? Baylor.

5. Players. We're still doing well recruiting, It's not our players. We could always do better, but when we're consistantly in the Rivals Top 25, we should have a better record than 20-20.

6. Facilities. We have some of the best facilities in the nation. Multi-million dollar locker-rooms, weight-rooms, practice facilities, jumotrons. You name, we've got it. Bill Byrne's sermons over the past few years have been all about how facilities will take us to the top. We're not there. It's obviously something else.

7. I'm sick and tired of saying, "We're rebuilding, wait until next year." This is Fran's 4th season. 4th!! I'm not accepting this any more.

Look, I'm not dogging our players. Our team is great. I still support our players. It's the coaching. The players play their hearts out every day, they practices their butts off week in and week out. They're playing their best. That's all I can expect.

BUT... we pay Fran $2 million a year. We should be expecting more of him. We have a right to say, "What the heck?"

(P.S. you're not cool if you're "sticking with Fran", "supporting the coaches", or "not giving up". You've just been hanging around the maroon kool-aid dispenser waaaaayyy too long.)

bulldogman06
10-05-2006, 12:47 AM
I agree, its time for him to show us why we are paying him that much. I hate losing

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 12:59 AM
it's even worse to swallow when teams like Texas and OU are achieving so much success

bulldogman06
10-05-2006, 01:09 AM
i know, i cant stand it, because i know we should be there.

Old Tiger
10-05-2006, 02:21 AM
YOU GOTTA GIVE IT TIME!:mad:

Aesculus gilmus
10-05-2006, 07:42 AM
I view the Aggies as a microcosm of the U.S. military. Looks like you all are going to "stay the course."

We need some magnetic ribbons to symbolize support for Commander-in-Chief Franchione and his troops.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 08:10 AM
SHOW SOME PATIENCE!

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!

:mad:

Phil C
10-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it's even worse to swallow when teams like Texas are achieving so much success

HEY! THAT'S GOOD NEWS!! SHARE THE JOY!!

raider red 2000
10-05-2006, 08:34 AM
dear AGS,

you have a FRANTASTIC coach. it will take time. at least another 10 years. he was good at new mexico or was that new mexico state. he jsut needs time. facilities are great. great recruiting classes. he jsut hasnt had time to find his niche.

keep fran. we just needs time for his kids. he will be fine. keep paying him more.

signed,
all of the big 12 schools that get a win in aggieland.

ps. the atm machine has been turned into a basketball school. i think that i just threw up in my mouth.
;)

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
dear AGS,

you have a FRANTASTIC coach. it will take time. at least another 10 years. he was good at new mexico or was that new mexico state. he jsut needs time. facilities are great. great recruiting classes. he jsut hasnt had time to find his niche.

keep fran. we just needs time for his kids. he will be fine. keep paying him more.

signed,

ps. the atm machine has been turned into a basketball school. i think that i just threw up in my mouth.
;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
HEY! THAT'S GOOD NEWS!! SHARE THE JOY!!

you mean half good news. choklahoma's success makes me sick.

raider red 2000
10-05-2006, 08:58 AM
.[http://server4.pictiger.com/img/620493/picture-hosting/domination.php][img=http://images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/fd/20dbb922cad3ed683fb490f6ee29dcfd.th.jpg][/URL]

Phil C
10-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
you mean half good news. choklahoma's success makes me sick.

Notice in the quote I had that part blanked out. ;)

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 10:10 AM
dear AGS,

signed,

;)

Dear Tech-tards,

We're your biggest fan-base

Regards,
fifth grade boys

g$$
10-05-2006, 10:20 AM
AJ: good post.

If you include Nebraska, we're 1-10 vs. Tech, Texas, OU, & Nebraska under Fran. RC's worst year was 6-6, never had a losing record & NEVER lost to Baylor as HC.

Fraudchione, please take your $$ & leave now.
Signed,
The A&M faithful who are tired of mediocrity

raider red 2000
10-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Dear Tech-tards,

We're your biggest fan-base

Regards,
fifth grade boys

well it seems like more than just 5th grade boys like us.

most of us just act like 5th grade boys.

i guess it could be worse though....we could have the longest losing streak in the confrence :)

Macarthur
10-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I've been a big fan of Fran and thought he would have big-time success at A&M.

However, AggieJohn, I can't argue with anything you have said. I think he has to win 8 minimum to stay and he needs a big win. He may have to win 2 of OU, Neb & Tex to keep his job. That's going to be very difficult unless the defense starts to make big, big strides.

Now, there is some track record of Fran's teams having a "light buld turning on" type of occurances. His Alabama team his first year, won like their last 6 or 7 in a row. I just never thought it would be 4 years in and would still be waiting for that moment.

g$$
10-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Did you know Fran's record is below .500 without Gary Patterson by his side? That includes TCU & New Mexico. Fran's days are numbered. I agree he needs 8 wins w/ 1 signature win to boot. That is going to be extremely difficult. Hiring old buddy Darnell may be his final death knell too.

turbostud
10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
"What in the Wide World of Sports is going on here?"

Link (http://media.putfile.com/What-in-Gods-name-is-this)
http://pokerblog.blogspot.com/squeeze_ags.jpg

KTJ
10-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Aggies always say they have some of the best facilities, best fans, etc. etc. so they deserve to be better. There are 20 other universities out there making this same claim as well. Just FYI.

Maybe A&M is overreacting with Fran???

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 11:19 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: on the picture Turbostud. That is priceless...

Phil C
10-05-2006, 11:45 AM
:confused: What is that all about? Must be some photoshop fix up or whatever they call it.

If I would have been told about it I would have said I would have to see it to believe it. And now that I see it I still don't believe it.

g$$
10-05-2006, 11:45 AM
KTJ: you make a good point, but at A&M the infrastructure is in place to be much, much better. It's inexcusable to be this bad. When a coach makes a checklist of things he needs to win (like resources, $$, facilities, support, alumni base, etc.), it's all there at A&M. Recruiting is paramount - it's been ok & could certainly be better. One decent year & recruiting/talent picks up again. Kids want to win & play on tv in a major conference. Our state produced 396 D1 recruits last year, tops nationally. College Station is right in the middle of three big cities. Academically, A&M is a fine school too. Auburn & Georgia are very similar to A&M in many ways. They're winning. It all starts with the man running the program. Change is not always a bad thing.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Aggies always say they have some of the best facilities, best fans, etc. etc. so they deserve to be better. There are 20 other universities out there making this same claim as well. Just FYI.

Hey KTJ Bryan which is right next to College Station has some nice churches there.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Man I still don't believe it. Where in the name of taking the situation in hand did this photoshop come about?

Phil C
10-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I understand the try at being humorous folks but this doctored up photo takes the cake and is in poor taste.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I understand the try at being humorous folks but this doctored up photo takes the cake and is in poor taste.

I looked up the link and it was evidently televised on tv by ABC. I am flabbergasted and disappointed and surprised. I am also shook up. And I am a UT fan. I just can't believe it happened and ABC actually televised it. :(

Bulldog_12
10-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Im giving him till the end of the season to see where I want to go with it. I see improvements in this year with "his recruits" at the helm. The team has a little more fire this year, more than I have seen before and they are really stepping up at press conferences to protect fran. They really seem to like the guy. We'll see when this is all said and done. I just keep telling myself we are 4-1 and the season is not even close to being over. I really hope we dont have to start over AGAIN.

Macarthur
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Did you know Fran's record is below .500 without Gary Patterson by his side? That includes TCU & New Mexico. Fran's days are numbered. I agree he needs 8 wins w/ 1 signature win to boot. That is going to be extremely difficult. Hiring old buddy Darnell may be his final death knell too.

Yeah, I've heard that. I don't totally dismiss it because Patterson is a very good defensive coach.

However, he didn't have Patterson at Alabama. And he also won a lot of games in Div 2. The guy couldn't have gotten where he is by pulling wool over everyone's eyes.

Adidas410s
10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
:confused: What is that all about? Must be some photoshop fix up or whatever they call it.

If I would have been told about it I would have said I would have to see it to believe it. And now that I see it I still don't believe it.

Phil I sent the picture to a diehard Tech friend of mine. She told me "yeah when we saw that after they scored on TV...we were like WTC???" So based on those words I don't think it's photoshop. It's the real deal sir! :thumbsup:

big daddy russ
10-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Of the 20 other schools saying that, A&M has a larger football budget than 15.

g$$
10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
On Fran:

I will respectfully disagree. He was not at Bama long enough to draw any conclusions. And winning at Pittsburg State in Kansas is nowhere close to winning in D1 football. His record is impressive at 1st glance, but you look a little closer, & it is not. LaDainian Tomlinson helped him make his name, yet he did not even recruit the guy. I wanted change too, but now it's painfully obvious that it has not worked out. Time to move on.

I think Fran is a good small college coach. He is very organized, prepared, & uses a lot of techniques similar to hs coaches. That does not fly with the big boys. They will tune you out after a while. The slogans, mantras, & rah-rah stuff gets old. It's my talent vs. your talent. Who can make adjustments. I do not believe the trust factor is there. Look at his very basic spread option offense. Sure, the guys are going to say the right things to the press. But, if you know anyone on the inside, ask them what they really think. One of my best friends just recently left his staff. This same guy played college football. He's been around & seen a lot for a long time. Fran's relationship with the hs coaches in this state is horrible. Fran is so controlling, a micro-manager. Ex.: his coaches - grown men - have to ask permission to leave the facility for lunch! Are you kidding me? He will not let his assistants interview for jobs, even out of season. If they do, they are not guaranteed a job working for him anymore. He does pay them well (he has to). It's a paranoia thing, & it all manifests itself as coaches & players being tight & scared. Fran's days are numbered.

Bulldog_12
10-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$
On Fran:

I will respectfully disagree. He was not at Bama long enough to draw any conclusions. And winning at Pittsburg State in Kansas is nowhere close to winning in D1 football. His record is impressive at 1st glance, but you look a little closer, & it is not. LaDainian Tomlinson helped him make his name, yet he did not even recruit the guy. I wanted change too, but now it's painfully obvious that it has not worked out. Time to move on.

I think Fran is a good small college coach. He is very organized, prepared, & uses a lot of techniques similar to hs coaches. That does not fly with the big boys. They will tune you out after a while. The slogans, mantras, & rah-rah stuff gets old. It's my talent vs. your talent. Who can make adjustments. I do not believe the trust factor is there. Sure, the guys are going to say the right things to the press. But, if you know anyone on the inside, ask them what they really think. One of my best friends just recently left his staff. This same guy played college football under George Allen (the deceased Hall of Famer). He's been around college football for a long time. Fran's relationship with the hs coaches in this state is horrible. Fran is so controlling, a micro-manager. Ex.: his coaches - grown men - have to ask permission to leave the facility for lunch! Are you kidding me? He will not let his assistants interview for jobs, even out of season. If they do, they are not guaranteed a job working for him anymore. He does pay them well (he has to). It's a paranoia thing, & it all manifests itself as coaches & players being tight & scared. Fran's days are numbered.

Wow, i never knew we had someone so close to Fran and his staff on here.

g$$
10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey, you can believe what you want. That's your right. I stand by everything I have said. I am an Aggie buddy, but not a blind-faith believing naive one. I worked under RC, & never under Fran, but I still talk to many people. It's shocking to say the least.

I want a change, & the sooner the better.

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
1. 20-20 record at A&M. RC Slocum was fired after a 6-6 year. Then we hired Fran for a quick turnaround. All he's given us was two losing seasons out of three, and we're at .500 four years later.
I think what you posted here says it all.
A 20-20 record gives us all 20/20 vision. And what I see doesn't look good at all. :(

Phil C
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil I sent the picture to a diehard Tech friend of mine. She told me "yeah when we saw that after they scored on TV...we were like WTC???" So based on those words I don't think it's photoshop. It's the real deal sir! :thumbsup:

I wasn't able to watch the game live but had it recorded but hadn't watched it. During lunch hour I fast forwarded it and sure enough it was there. And this was on the replay that was shown later!! :eek:

They had failed to even edit it out on the replay! :eek:

Macarthur
10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
[B]On Fran:

I will respectfully disagree. He was not at Bama long enough to draw any conclusions.

He won with someone's players and Bama has done pretty well the past two years with the kids he brought into that program.

And winning at Pittsburg State in Kansas is nowhere close to winning in D1 football.

Well, by using that logic, no small school coach can ever advance because he hasn't done it against the "big boys". I believe if you can win football games, the classification doesn't matter. In fact, I think the guys at some of the smaller schools actually have to be better coaches because they don't have some of the advantages as the big schools.

His record is impressive at 1st glance, but you look a little closer, & it is not.

Can you elaborate? Keep in mind, while his record may not be real impressive at some stops, keep in mind it took two years or more to turn them around. And some of these stops were absolutely horrible programs (i.e., N. Mexico & TCU).

LaDainian Tomlinson helped him make his name, yet he did not even recruit the guy.

A guy like that can help, but that's the big chicken & the egg argument. Emmitt was only great because he had a great OL, same with Aikman, etc.

I wanted change too, but now it's painfully obvious that it has not worked out. Time to move on.

I agree that it hasn't worked. I've been a big fan of his, but the results speak for themselves. I think the last 7 games will tell his fate. If the team continues to progress and they win a bowl game, he will get another year.

I think Fran is a good small college coach. He is very organized, prepared, & uses a lot of techniques similar to hs coaches. That does not fly with the big boys.

so these techniques don't work in "big time" college football?

Come on?

They will tune you out after a while. The slogans, mantras, & rah-rah stuff gets old. It's my talent vs. your talent.

Mack Brown doesn't do any of the same things? He just rolls out the talent, Bob SToops?

Who can make adjustments.

I agree this has been a weak point, it appears. However, they did seem to make some adjustments at half of the Tech game. It may not be enough to save his job, but no one can objectively look at the Tech game and say that A&M is not a better football team than last year.

I do not believe the trust factor is there. Sure, the guys are going to say the right things to the press.

All you can go by is what they say and the results. I think we need to see how this team finishes the year.

But, if you know anyone on the inside, ask them what they really think. One of my best friends just recently left his staff. This same guy played college football under George Allen (the deceased Hall of Famer). He's been around college football for a long time.

I haven't seen anything in the media about anyone leaving his staff. Do you have a link or something?

Fran's relationship with the hs coaches in this state is horrible.

completely disagree. I know this is false first hand. Recruiting has not been Fran's problem. He has stockpiled young talent. Aggies don't want to hear excuses, but their roster is full of young talent. Look at UT's roster and compare the amount of senior leadership.

Fran is so controlling, a micro-manager. Ex.: his coaches - grown men - have to ask permission to leave the facility for lunch! Are you kidding me? He will not let his assistants interview for jobs, even out of season. If they do, they are not guaranteed a job working for him anymore. He does pay them well (he has to). It's a paranoia thing, & it all manifests itself as coaches & players being tight & scared. Fran's days are numbered.

Well, what do I say to this?

I know that the current staff has been with him since at least the TCU days, except Torbush & Patterson. I would think if he were that much of an a-hole, those coaches would not have stayed with him.

Now, I agree that the players and maybe the coaches have been tight. There's no question that they have "tried too hard" at times and are thinking too much. I don't know what the answer is for that.

g$$
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
His staff has holdovers & new guys. Helduser, Eggen, Tommerdahl, & Koening have been with him the longest. Some like Malone, Clay, etc. are new guys. Sure he keeps the staff pretty much intact - they are paid very well. Remember this please: a staff is comprised of more than just on-field coaches. There are many behind the scenes jobs too who keep the operation afloat, the nuts & bolts. That's all I can say.

I am not here to argue with you; we both want A&M to do well. I could not disagree with you more on HIS relationship with hs coaches. Some of his assistants are very well-liked. Did you hear Fran speak in Austin last summer at coaching school? Then did you hear Greg Davis speak & hang around to visit? Totally different deals.

Senior leadership? It's his 4th year. Time to quit blaming RC. The cupboard was not as bare as he wants us to believe. In fact, he now likes to talk about rebuilding when he originally said talent was on campus when he arrived.

I am not saying small school coaches cannot ever make it big. Absolutely not. I am saying Fran's approach & style is not working. We can go back & forth all day. The proof's in the pudding. It has not & is not working at A&M.

turbostud
10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Its the real deal and was actually aired on ESPN. It aint doctored. :D

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Its the real deal and was actually aired on ESPN. It aint doctored. :D
Maybe not doctored but after watching that Saturday, I'd say some of those boys might wanna see a urologist soon. Goodness it'll looked like they trying to kill snakes or pull the head off a chicken or something.:eek:

turbostud
10-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Maybe not doctored but after watching that Saturday, I'd say some of those boys might wanna see a urologist soon. Goodness it'll looked like they trying to kill snakes or pull the head off a chicken or something.:eek:
I was told that the Core does that to "feel the pain of the football team after a loss". Seems silly to me.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I was told that the Core does that to "feel the pain of the football team after a loss". Seems silly to me.

BUT NOT ON NATIONAL TV!!!

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 02:00 PM
rofl But look at the picture. They are "ahead" by three!:D

turbostud
10-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Dont you know by now, Aggies cant count!
I got it off the Tech message forum. It was all over their forum after the game.:D

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I got it off the Tech message forum. It was all over their forum after the game.:D
Maybe they saw the "timeout score" and figured they were tied at 1...:doh:

raider red 2000
10-05-2006, 02:10 PM

what forum.

i need to go there :)

g$$
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I was not in the Corps, but it's a "together" thing. Watch the yell leaders behind the goal posts on extra points or FGs. Not saying I agree with it or anything. I saw the game on TV & thought "Oh no" when I saw the cameras on them. I knew it would make the rounds.

sahen
10-05-2006, 02:38 PM
i am for keeping fran....give him 10 more years to get it done

turbostud
10-05-2006, 02:41 PM
what forum.

i need to go there :)
Enjoy, it was rather funny leading up to and after the ATM game.
link (http://mb33.scout.com/braiderpower)

turbostud
10-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Notice the "Guns Up" by the two Tech fans.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/silvius9/Aggie/18wheeler7zr.jpg

Macarthur
10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't want to argue either because you are right that the results speak for themselves. I just think there's some issues that may need to be looked at a bit deeper. It also didn't help him that OU & UT are probably on fairly historic runs with their programs and Tech is stronger than they have ever been.

Originally posted by g$$
[B]His staff has holdovers & new guys. Helduser, Eggen, Tommerdahl, & Koening have been with him the longest. Some like Malone, Clay, etc. are new guys. Sure he keeps the staff pretty much intact - they are paid very well. Remember this please: a staff is comprised of more than just on-field coaches. There are many behind the scenes jobs too who keep the operation afloat, the nuts & bolts. That's all I can say.

I understand. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from with regards to anyone can say they know somebody. Not saying you don't.

I am not here to argue with you; we both want A&M to do well. I could not disagree with you more on HIS relationship with hs coaches. Some of his assistants are very well-liked.

Well, again, I would argue that recruiting has not been his weak-link so far.

Did you hear Fran speak in Austin last summer at coaching school? Then did you hear Greg Davis speak & hang around to visit? Totally different deals.

No I didn't. He definately has a different style. He's not a rah-rah guy. More even keel. Let's not forget, Texas fans wanted to burn Greg Davis at the stake until he just turned VY loose. What a brilliant coaching move!

Hey, all styles work.

Senior leadership? It's his 4th year.

Yes, and attrition got rid of kids that would have provided senior leadership the last two years. Good or bad, that's simply a fact.

Time to quit blaming RC. The cupboard was not as bare as he wants us to believe. In fact, he now likes to talk about rebuilding when he originally said talent was on campus when he arrived.

I liked RC, but it was time. He was getting his clock cleaned in recruiting his last couple of years. The fact is, after attrition, the cupboard was very bare with regards to upperclassmen talent. How many A&M players have gone into the NFL draft lately?

I am not saying small school coaches cannot ever make it big. Absolutely not. I am saying Fran's approach & style is not working. We can go back & forth all day. The proof's in the pudding. It has not & is not working at A&M.

No doubt that he's far behind what everyone anticipated. I'm at a loss to explain it, too.

I just think there are multiple variables involved and with guys like Stoops and Tressle winning early, no one wants to hear that it takes time to build a program.

coach
10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
it's even worse to swallow when teams like Texas and OU are achieving so much success

i agree and im tired of getting so close to winning tech, ou and texas last year then again im tired of losing bad too ou 77-0, texas , tenessee in the cotton bowl and of coarse baylor i thought i would never say that the basketball team is better than the football team by all means im not giving up this year we can still make a bowl and we are good enough to beat teams like nebrasdka, texas, and ou but after this year i think we need to fire the whole staff and hire somone who has been proven to coach good teams.....lloyd carr, larry cocker, tommy tubberville, and lets get a defensive coordinator bring back the wrecking crew of old and lets try to beat texas this decade im tired of listening to ppl talk bad about the ags but i cant say anything bc they are right we do suck we cant beat big teams we cant beat texas ou or tech just get rid of franchione

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
AJ: good post.

If you include Nebraska, we're 1-10 vs. Tech, Texas, OU, & Nebraska under Fran. RC's worst year was 6-6, never had a losing record & NEVER lost to Baylor as HC.

Fraudchione, please take your $$ & leave now.
Signed,
The A&M faithful who are tired of mediocrity

Rc's last game was a defeat of the no. 1 team in the nation

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Observations of this picture
1. They were protecting Revellie, the first lady of A&M. Yes, I know that is weird, but so is a freaking hex rally and being a sandflea. This practice of protecting "Rev" has been in place for decades. Get over it.
http://photos-771.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v46/183/17/7908278/n7908278_33872771_4616.jpg

2. The guy just got kicked in the junk or got tapped by another guy in the junk. I don't know how many times I'm joking around with my guys and we do that to each other. It's just a game some guys play(and by some guys, i don't mean the gay ones).

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 04:57 PM
If by "protecting a dog" you make it deaf then I'd say they did a good job Saturday.
I'm sorry but that looks funny and has got to be the butt of a million jokes.:p

greenpride
10-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Maybe they can move a little closer together. Is this a "tradition" too? Man that is funny, I don't care who you are.

Phil C
10-06-2006, 01:50 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

Phil C
10-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Show some patience with Coach Fran! It takes at least 4 to 5 years to get your team together. After all it took the great Coach Tom Landry five years before Dallas could start winning the 1960s.

g$$
10-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Phil C: comparing Landry & an expansion Cowboys franchise to Texas A&M is apples & oranges. Yes, Fran has had to rebuild somewhat but not starting from scratch as the Cowboys did.

And, please don't use the words "Landry" & 'Fran" in the same sentence. Landry is an icon, Fran is a fraud!!

westtxfballfan
10-06-2006, 04:05 PM
KEEP COACH FRAN!!!.......

.....AND GET YOUR GUNS UP!