PDA

View Full Version : TX/OU Traffic: Be Careful

kepdawg
10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I lost a close friend six years ago this weekend. With the additional traffic in the metroplex and on 35 I urge everyone to drive with a little extra caution. To everyone across the state I hope you have safe travels to and from your games!

3afan
10-05-2006, 06:14 AM
I'm staying away! TV for me ...

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
I'm staying away! TV for me ... ill drink (water) to that!!!only cause thats all i am allowed to have...:D

Just Watching
10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
All lanes 35 S. will be open in Oklahoma, but there are several work zones from Denton south to Dallas. I 35 up from Austin is a tough drive even when nothing is going on. Those 18-wheelers fly now days. You either have to fly with them or get stuck in the right lane and watch everyone zip past.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-05-2006, 09:00 AM
im the guy doing a hundred and ten back to dfw from austin, but when you only have so much time on leave...you have to cut corners somewhere, and dont worry. im one of the best drivers around, im the unit master driver for my company of alot (i cant say and exact number, cause im not allowed to) but i teach everyone else how to do all the cool stuff and to drive fast and drive big vehicles and stuff. my usual time from austion to dfw is around an hour and a half to an hour and fortyfive, depending on traffic, weather, and road conditions. aslo i consider ft worth being back in the city limits.

KTJ
10-05-2006, 09:14 AM
I usually leave on Thursday to prevent the traffic delays. This year, however, I have to leave tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it.

lepfan
10-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
im the guy doing a hundred and ten back to dfw from austin, but when you only have so much time on leave...you have to cut corners somewhere, and dont worry. im one of the best drivers around, Even the best drivers around can get tripped up....

I do have a problem with people that have attitudes like this...(me, me, me...) you have not given any thought to others on the road. I would encourage you to stay within the limits...I know you would have a hard time if you were to be the reason someone was hurt or worse ---- If you don't have enough time on your leave then you may want to alter your plans a bit!