PDA

View Full Version : What 3A schools have soccer?

3afan2K3
06-23-2003, 07:54 PM
nm

PPHSfan
06-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Not a Gawd Dang One of em if I had anything to say about it. :D

Don't you know that Soccer is a Commie sport? :p

And I use the word 'sport' very loosley there.

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

3afan2K3
06-23-2003, 08:13 PM
I care about soccer 0%, just wanna know who Forney might be playing next year.

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

sinton66
06-23-2003, 08:16 PM
So far, only 4A and 5A do soccer (yuk!).

sinton66
06-23-2003, 08:19 PM
PPHSFan, tell him we'll get Jason to wash his mouth out with soap if he mentions that nasty thing again!!!! :D :D :D

3afan2K3
06-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Thats not true, alot of 3A schools have soccer, but they play in 4A

Alvarado
Lorena
Mexia
Marlin
Waco La Vega
Robinson
Dallas Madison
Elgin
Canyon
Wimberley
Gainesville
Kaufman
Bandera
Abilene Wylie
Commerce
Jasper
Kountze
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
Texarkana Pleasant Grove
Ingleside
Carter-Riverside
Diamond Hill-Jarvis
Lindale
Tyler Chapel Hill
Hidalgo
Lake Dallas
Progreso

Just to name a few

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan2K3
06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
sinton66:
PPHSFan, tell him we'll get Jason to wash his mouth out with soap if he mentions that nasty thing again!!!! :D :D :D Jason doesn't own soap.

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

sinton66
06-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Okay, but only 4A and 5A can advance to state, so why bother?

Bandera YaYa
06-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Bandera has a soccer team, and we did play 4A & 5A teams. It was fun watching, new to me this year, some of our top football players running up and down the field. Soccer is a very demanding sport, no time to rest between plays, like football. Not many football players would be able to keep the pace of soccer,I know that for sure. Why play?.....not everyone can play football, guys, or wants to, but if you enjoy the game, why not? Don't be football snobs! wink

3afan2K3
06-23-2003, 08:59 PM
sinton66:
Okay, but only 4A and 5A can advance to state, so why bother?4A Soccer Play-off Bracket (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/socpair/4Ab.html) If 3A schools can't advance to state then why are they in the play-offs? It's a waste of time for the school if they can't go to state and there good enough!!!

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

PPHSfan
06-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Bandera YaYa:
.....Don't be football snobs! wink LOL. This is a Football board and I reserve the right to be a Football Snob :D :D :D

sinton66
06-23-2003, 09:06 PM
And Soccer is a communist game!

jason
06-23-2003, 09:07 PM
soap??? never heard of it...

sinton66
06-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Soccer fun to watch? I'd rather watch paint dry!!!! wink

BULLDOGFAN
06-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Of the 20 Bandera Seniors that played on the State Championship team, 7 played and started on the Soccer team since they were freshmen as a 3A school and have played together since they were 6. It may not have the draw that Texas Football has, but 28 million kids playing every year has it's following.

And as a Coach of the Bandera Team, other Football teams might look as soccer as an incredible conditioning tool instead of a communist sport.

And yes you can win State as a 3-A school. We in Bandera most likely would have went far in State playoff if the boy's hadn't been so wore out from the Football season.

Dustin Heep F.B. ( The Horse ),
Robert Ickes ( All Everything),
Ryan Groomer ( Middle Linebacker ),
Aaron Ellinger ( Receiver ),
Hunter Salyers ( Running Back ),
Scotty Jennings ( All Everything).

These guys are not flakes and they do not play a communist sport for the idiots that think so...

sinton66
06-23-2003, 09:37 PM
I am not an idiot, and it IS a COMMUNIST sport. It certainly didn't originate in America, or didn't you know that 90% of this world is COMMUNIST?

Old Tiger
06-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Soccer is so boring to watch, all you do is watch some people kick a little ball around what fun :D !

BULLDOGFAN
06-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Soccer is over 2 thousand years old, and has origination value to Football as we know it today.

And as far as communism, your stupidity must me inbreed. It has very little to do with any kind of sport.

sinton66
06-23-2003, 10:39 PM
I see, NOW you're an expert on communism? Give me a break. I don't care how old the "sport" is, it's boring and has NOTHING to do with or compare to American Football as we know it. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours, no matter how stupid I think it is.( I can resort to name-calling also). :D

ThaRealBulldog
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Soccer, the game is BORING

jason
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
soccer is boring, its only worth watching the spaninsh highlights on sportscenter when you get the 2 minute ggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa allllllllllllllllllllll

sinton66
06-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I would venture a guess that PPHSFan and I would watch a soccer game IF both teams were female and played in the nude.(But NOT if I had to pay for it!) :D :D

Old Tiger
06-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Amen ThaRealBulldog :p

BULLDOGFAN
06-23-2003, 11:12 PM
<small>[ June 24, 2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

sinton66
06-23-2003, 11:14 PM
No, we're not "into" guys like some folks.

Keith7
06-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Gainesville is actually pretty good.. we got 2nd in our district, and was upset in the first found in a shootoff..

we also tied the number 1 team in state 0-0..
one problem is that we never get to play any predistrict games, cuz no one in our area plays it besides the people already in our district

BULLDOGFAN
06-23-2003, 11:22 PM
O'kay Big Friendly, if you say so..

PhiI C
06-23-2003, 11:28 PM
We must remember we can disagree without being disagreeable. I like soccer myself and really enjoyed it last December when my family and myself were able to go to Austin to watch the women's national championship playoffs in Austin which was a treat since it doesn't come to Austin very often. My 12 year old son also plays soccer and he is fairly good at it and really loves it so I admit that helps the cause in my case. I would prefer that Sinton would have a soccer program but available funds are probably not available so he probably won't get to play in high school unless he attends classes in Calallen or G-P. A problem of the future. Maybe he will outgrow his interest in it.

sinton66
06-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C:
We must remember we can disagree without being disagreeable. Well, that's true for SOME of us. Others just resort to name-calling which is the trademark of an inferior mind. wink

BigChamp05
06-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Well soccer down in Bandera is pretty dang fun to watch. We had a good team, but going and watching our guys knock the crap out of everybody else was good entertainment. I enjoyed watching an yelling for all of my former fellow football players. And occasionally i got to yell GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

big daddy russ
06-24-2003, 03:30 AM
Hey now, soccer was my sport in high school. I know this is sacreligious in Texas, but my favorite sport to PLAY was soccer. By the way, Ingleside has nixed it's team in 2003-2004 due to some idiots up in Austin who rob us blind of our tax money and give it to poorer schools. We don't have anything left to fund any sort of athletic program, football and all. Sucks, doesn't it? I know that Texas had 27 3A schools participate in soccer in the 2003 school year. I don't know if 2k3 named them all, but that's a pretty good list if you ask me.

BULLDOGFAN
06-24-2003, 06:00 AM
More blood then a Hockey match.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Progreso's Red Ants made the playoffs a couple of seasons ago, they even won their bi-district match against a tougher 4A club, and lost their 2nd round match by only 1 goal.

I think 3A clubs can compete.

Phil C
06-24-2003, 08:26 AM
I was sorry to hear that Ingleside had to drop it's soccer program big daddy. Especially since I was considering letting my son go there when he gets to high school so he could play soccer if he still wanted.

rholl
06-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Off of that list....Alvarado is 4a

Old Tiger
06-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Did yall ever see that guy get kicked in the mouth during that soccer game on You Gotta See This? WOW, I just noticed I made varsity now :D

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Old Tiger ]</small>

PPHSfan
06-24-2003, 10:16 AM
sinton66:
I would venture a guess that PPHSFan and I would watch a soccer game IF both teams were female and played in the nude.(But NOT if I had to pay for it!) :D D .
66 You IDIOT!!!! :D (wow, that is kinda childish) :p

I would be happy to watch an All Girl Nude Mud Soccer Match with you, providing that it was happy hour and the beer was half price. And as you say, admission would have to be free. :D

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

big daddy russ
06-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Old Tiger:
...WOW, I just noticed I made varsity now :D Congratulations, Old Tiger.

St. Ivender
06-24-2003, 10:46 AM
There is no doubt that soccer players are good athletes but they should market soccer videos as "sleep aids". 65,000 fans jam into Reliant Stadium and wait three hours for no one to score? Ridiculous! The rules need to change to make the net wider and taller.

Bandera YaYa
06-24-2003, 10:51 AM
OH MY GOD!!!! YOU SAYING THAT THE MILLIONS OF KIDS THAT ARE PLAYING SOCCER ARE COMMUNIST??????THAT'S A COMMUNIST WAY OF THINKING FOR SURE!!!!
SHAME ON YOU!! THESE KIDS HAVE A RIGHT, AN ALL AMERICAN..CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO PLAY IT AND NOT BE CALLED COMMUNIST FOR DOING SO!! JUST WHERE DO YA'LL GET OFF BY CALLING SOCCER FANS AND KIDS THAT PLAY... THAT!!! THEY HAVE JUST AS MUCH A RIGHT TO HAVE FANS AND PEOPLE CHEERING FOR THEIR EFFORTS, AS FOOTBALL PLAYERS DO. I WATCH ALOT OF SOCCER AND I DOUBT ANY OF YOUR SUPER FOOTBALL STUDS COULD KEEP UP THE THE FAST PACE OF SOCCER. IT'S A VERY PHYSICAL SPORT. BUT REGARDLESS, SCHOOLS OFFER THE SPORT SO THAT THOSE KIDS THAT WANT TO PLAY, CAN PLAY. IT''S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS, PEOPLE!!! IF THEY WANT TO SWEAT BLOOD OUT THERE FOR THE GAME OF SOCCER, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THEY ARE A LESSER SPORT PLAYER?? IF THEY WANT TO PLAY AND KNOW THEY CANNOT GO TO STATE,LET THEM!! CHEER FOR THEM!!
GEEEEEZZZZZ......

Now. I know you die hard football experts can't see past the end of November...but come on, these kids love playing soccer just as much as the football players do. Cheer for any kid that pours his heart and blood onto any turf for your entertainment. It's about the kids.

Bandera YaYa
06-24-2003, 11:06 AM
...oh yeah, I know those remarks about the girle nude soccer game was all in jest. Saying something like that is certainly a disgusting and discriminating remark. Right up there with "communist".!

big daddy russ
06-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks for sticking up for us commies, YaYa, but don't worry about it. LOL. We're going to take over America before too long. :D Heck, I'd be willing to bet that if PPHS and 66 have any 7-year olds in the family, they're asking ol' pops if they can play soccer, haha. We're coming for you guys. wink

And guys, c'mon. You know you'd watch nude girls no matter what they were doing. They could be playing backgammon (that's got to be as boring as soccer, right?) and you could be entertained for hours. Heck, I would.

(I'm just messing with you guys... I'm not pissed off... keep it coming)

It's funny... back in high school I got ribbed a lot by my friends for playing soccer... the whole 'gay sport' theory, LOL. But after 3 months of playing summer league soccer, my friends were amazed at how I was never winded at two-a-days.

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

PPHSfan
06-24-2003, 11:16 AM
YA YA, for starters, this is a football board, always has been, always will be. And if you want to talk about the Communist Sport of Soccer, then I suggest you go find a soccer board. I took the liberty of searching for a few, and I actually found one that had a post back in May. :p

Maybe you will have more luck. :D

"slow down kids, we already have the tie, there is no since in hurting anyones feelings"
The Soccer Coach :p

Green Ranger
06-24-2003, 11:17 AM
For those of you who think soccer is worthless, and to just those people, it goes to show how much you know about football. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past couple years, the player with the most points in football is usually the kicker, right? And if I am not mistaken, most kickers now if not all, kick SOCCER style. Would anybody like to argue this point. Or the fact soccer players can do it for ninety minutes, forty five at a time were as football players at the top levels on go sixty? I am not trying to slam football cause they are athletes, however dont slam soccer. Just my two cents.

PPHSfan
06-24-2003, 11:23 AM
First of all, I never said soccer was worthless. (I think it is very important that the American Minivan has a market.)

I said it was a Communist Sport. And I also said that on this football board, I reserve my right to be a Football Snob :D

If you search this board from front to back, you will not find a Single Thread about Soccer that was initiated by myself or any other self-respecting Football Snob. We would never talk about soccer until someone carelessly mentions it here.

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Gobbla2001
06-24-2003, 11:23 AM
When we moved into this message board I remember saying for anyone to talk about anything as long as it was clean...

Personally I think youth soccer helps the younger athletes...

Instead of sitting around all day at home being lazy during the summer, they can go out and play soccer which helps you develope great feet movement and running skills... I'd rather my kid play baseball, but let's face it, you won't get the kind of 'football' related skills that will benefit your kid in the long run (with football) while on the little league baseball field...

In soccer, on the other hand, you're chasing a ball around, kicking it in between your feet, running up and down the field chasing a ball (getting great conditioning) and last but not least learning how to play as a team...

I think it's a great sport for our youth who plan to go on and play football...

CHS_Grad '85
06-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Caldwell ISD approved a soccer team for it's High School... I find soccer to be entertaining... it's not very high scoring but I think it's an okay game... nothing like our version of Football... :D

PPHSfan
06-24-2003, 04:17 PM
I think that one thing they could do to make soccer more spectator friendly would be to put 11 players on each team, then, instead of kicking the ball into a net, the players could pick the ball up and run with it to the other teams end of the field. While this was going on the other team could try to knock the player that is carrying the ball down into the dirt. If the team carrying the ball was not able to move the ball...let's say ten yards, in four tries, then it would be the other teams turn to try. I think this would be more fun to watch. :D

3afan2K3
06-24-2003, 04:24 PM
They need to have Rugby in HS

Bandera YaYa
06-24-2003, 04:28 PM
PPHSfan, I think you just talk to hear yourself talk! But I guess as long as you think you are funny, it works for ya!

Excuse me, but this is a soccer thread. Retreat to one of your football ones...where you can hash and re-hash the polls and the rankings, since they are so accurate and all. :D :D
Sounds like alot of fun to me!!! BYE!!

Old Tiger
06-24-2003, 05:08 PM
3afan2K3:
They need to have Rugby in HSPeople would get really hurt bad I think. I do agree though 3afan2k3. It would be "different"

sinton66
06-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Okay, just for Ya Ya's sake, let's set the record straight once and for all. I nor PPHSFan EVER called any of the kids communists. We didn't even INFER that. So, if you're going to argue with us, at least get your facts straight. We called the "game" communist. And,for everybody else, I don't care what any of you say, it is a communist game. As far as I personally am concerned, it is also totally boring. So there. :p

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Keith7
06-24-2003, 06:24 PM
leave PPHSfan alone.. he really only hates soccer because its another Football Gainesville would beat Pilot Point at..

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
06-24-2003, 08:08 PM
..."So there"? Last time I heard that was by my 4 year old....when she wasn't getting her way!! Anyway, sounds like you are in the minority on here... You only like football...great, wonderful, rah rah rah. So, like I said, leave this thread and go play somewhere else!

Wasn't it Hitler that commanded everyone to follow his way of thinking??????

sinton66
06-24-2003, 08:16 PM
You really have a problem with "satire" huh? The "So there" and the tongue-stick smiley was intended as just that. As for leaving the thread, remember, this is a free country, and all are entitled to their opinion. You don't have to agree with it, and you damned sure don't have to resort to name-calling to get your point across. :D

BULLDOGFAN
06-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Okay Okay oKay....Group Hug.... Cum ba ya my Lord Cum ba ya....Everybody....

PhiI C
06-24-2003, 10:35 PM
SPURS BEAT NETS IN NBA FINALS IN 2003

BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD! :)