PDA

View Full Version : T.O.---the Return

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 04:12 PM
How will the Philly faithfull greet T.O. on his return Sunday---with Cheers or Jeers? I'm betting he better wear a wet suit and a catcher's mask and carry an umbrella. :D

Sure hope I hear from Keith7 on this one.......

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How will the Philly faithfull greet T.O. on his return Sunday---with Cheers or Jeers? I'm betting he better wear a wet suit and a catcher's mask and carry an umbrella. :D

Nah. . .he'll prolly just get a lot of verbal abuse. If you're dumb enough to actually throw something at him you can plan on spending some time in lockup. Tho it was cool a few years ago when all the Browns fans threw their plastic beer bottles at the refs. Can't arrest everyone....

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Tho it was cool a few years ago when all the Browns fans threw their plastic beer bottles at the refs. Can't arrest everyone....

You stay classy WTX!!! :thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You stay classy WTX!!! :thumbsup:

You stay lame Adidas!:thumbsup:

3afan
10-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I hope the double team TO - Terry Glenn will go wild!

3afan
10-04-2006, 04:30 PM
.......... it was cool a few years ago when all the Browns fans threw their plastic beer bottles at the refs.

it wasnt cool :rolleyes:

it was criminal :mad:

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I hope the double team TO - Terry Glenn will go wild!

sounds like a fantasy football prayer right there! ;)

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 04:37 PM
it wasnt cool :rolleyes:

it was criminal :mad:
the ignorant can't comprehend this...don't worry!

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 06:10 PM
They were PLASTIC!! PLASTIC!!!

Not saying it was right, just saying it was cool seeing all these bottles fly out of the stands. It also goes to further my own prejudices about the wonderful state of Ohio.;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
They might throw pills onto the field :p see if TO can take them all

3afan
10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
sign seen at the Monday night game in Philly ---

"T.O. - get well so we can hurt you!"

Phil C
10-04-2006, 07:46 PM
He will be booed by the fans. Remember they booed Santa Claus so he shouldn't expect any different.

3afan
10-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
He will be booed by the fans. Remember they booed Santa Claus so he shouldn't expect any different.

booed = booed, cursed, flipped off, and a target for various projectiles

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 07:57 PM
booed = booed, cursed, flipped off, and a target for various projectiles

I thought you were talking about PPHSFan when he goes to Jasper or Sweetwater, 3AFan. :D

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

And don't foget it was those wonderful Philly fans who cheered when Michael Irvin got his career-ending injury.

Bulldog_12
10-04-2006, 08:03 PM
They were PLASTIC!! PLASTIC!!!

http://209.235.192.119/RightOn/images/allen%20iverson.jpg

Plastic. Plastic? Come on guys, we're talking about plastic here.

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
http://209.235.192.119/RightOn/images/allen%20iverson.jpg

Plastic. Plastic? Come on guys, we're talking about plastic here.

I was thinking more along the lines of Jim Mora and his "Playoffs?!?!?" "Playoffs?!!?!?" speech personally....

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 09:12 PM
If the fans talk a lot of crap to Terrell prior to the game it's going to just make him play harder. That's just how Terrell is though.

PHS Wildcats
10-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
They might throw pills onto the field :p see if TO can take them all

:D :clap:

joshtrant
10-05-2006, 10:08 AM
has the news not spread yet?? T.O. has a brain tumor!!! he will be out for the rest of the season, and that is the reason for the overdose on pills...:confused: good investment by the cowboys :confused: ...

Keith7
10-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I PROMISE you there will be no cheers for that selfish guy.. I hear they already had a fake funeral for him after he attempted suicide, and they have been practicing their "O-D" cheers too.. TO better watch out coming over the middle, I know the Eagles are pissed for what he did to them last season.. Look for McNabb to have the game of his life, I can't wait til sunday

wedo
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I PROMISE you there will be no cheers for that selfish guy.. I hear they already had a fake funeral for him after he attempted suicide, and they have been practicing their "O-D" cheers too.. TO better watch out coming over the middle, I know the Eagles are pissed for what he did to them last season.. Look for McNabb to have the game of his life, I can't wait til sunday

he cant do everything by himself!! Stallworth and Westbrook are Questionable for sunday!!!!! #1Reciver #1 RB

wedo
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM

he's selfish? He isn't even the leading reciever for the cowboys!!!

Keith7
10-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by wedo
he cant do everything by himself!! Stallworth and Westbrook are Questionable for sunday!!!!! #1Reciver #1 RB

Westbrook has been Questionable the past 2 weeks and played once, last week he could of played but decided to sit out since they were playing the lowly packers, and Stallworth has said to the media that there is no way he is missing this game..

and ya TO isn't the leading reciever on the team, but he can't throw the passes to himself, wait until the end of the year, if he still isn't the leading reciever, I have a feeling Cowboy fans will start to see just how selfish TO really is

WestTXLonghorn
10-05-2006, 05:11 PM
I think the interesting thing is going to be if T.O. DOESN'T blow up.

What happens if T.O. plays it nice and cool even if Terry Glenn is catching all the passes, etc.? If the Cowboys get to the Super Bowl or really deep in the playoffs and T.O. doesn't blow a gasket along the way people might start looking at T.O. differently and they might start looking at Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid differently too. Especially if T.O.'s teammates and Drew Bledsoe keep singing his praises.

wedo
10-05-2006, 05:55 PM
The Cowboys don't run the West coast offense! Parcells told T.O. before the season started that he probably wouldn't have 100 catches!!!

Emerson1
10-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Most people don't even know why they don't like TO. They hear the media bashing him and they beleive whatever they say. 99% of the cowboys players are glad he is here, and 1/2 of the Eagles locker room was on his side last season.

The media blows everything out of proportion because it brings in ratings. What do people wanna hear more about, TO missing 14 practices with a hamstring injury, or Steve Smith missing all his practices and regular season games?

WestTXLonghorn
10-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Most people don't even know why they don't like TO. They hear the media bashing him and they beleive whatever they say. 99% of the cowboys players are glad he is here, and 1/2 of the Eagles locker room was on his side last season.

The media blows everything out of proportion because it brings in ratings. What do people wanna hear more about, TO missing 14 practices with a hamstring injury, or Steve Smith missing all his practices and regular season games?

:clap:

wedo
10-05-2006, 06:32 PM

Word!!!

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Most people don't even know why they don't like TO.

Oh give me a friggin break. I know exactly why I cant stand that egotistical, self centered, spoiled, smart a$$, a-hole, SOB! And I’ll bet 99.9% of the people that cant stand him, know exactly why also!

Emerson1
10-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Oh give me a friggin break. I know exactly why I cant stand that egotistical, self centered, spoiled, smart a$$, a-hole, SOB! And I’ll bet 99.9% of the people that cant stand him, know exactly why also!
Why then?

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Why then?

LMAO!:confused: Go back and read my post again. I think it says enough.

Emerson1
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Ok, why do you think that? What has he done to get all those labels? 99% of the cowboys say how they like having him on the team. Someone needs to learn to think for themselves and not let the media control what they think.

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I PROMISE you there will be no cheers for that selfish guy.. I hear they already had a fake funeral for him after he attempted suicide, and they have been practicing their "O-D" cheers too.. TO better watch out coming over the middle, I know the Eagles are pissed for what he did to them last season.. Look for McNabb to have the game of his life, I can't wait til sunday OMG...those hateful, hateful fans.....he did NOT attempt to take his own life....even tho he was depressed about breaking up with his girlfriend and about not being able to see his kid on his birthday, THE DAY BEFORE HIS, UH, INCIDENT....and besides, the police confirmed it was only an accidental overdose....uh, in their REVISED report....cuz they invented a conversation with TO and copied that into the ORIGINAL report....just for grins.....SO YOU FORMER FANS HAD BETTER BE KIND TO HIM!!!! :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 07:46 PM
LMAO!:confused: Go back and read my post again. I think it says enough. Hey, sounds like he has personally talked WITH 99% OF THE COWBOYS!!!! WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU WANT!!!! :p

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok, why do you think that? What has he done to get all those labels? 99% of the cowboys say how they like having him on the team. Someone needs to learn to think for themselves and not let the media control what they think.

The media hasnt told me a thing I havent been able to see and hear for myself. All they have to do is run the camara and let TO make a complete ass out of himself for the whole world to see. Everyone has seen and heard his antics right out of his own mouth for years. The media doesnt have to say one thing to vilefy this fool. He does a good enough job of that, on his own. If you cant see that for yourself, Im sorry, there's nothing I can do for you. Take the blinders off and pay attention.

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 07:52 PM
The media hasnt told me a thing I havent been able to see and hear for myself. All they have to do is run the camara and let TO make a complete ass out of himself for the whole world to see. Everyone has seen and heard his antics right out of his own mouth for years. The media doesnt have to say one thing to vilefy this fool. He does a good enough job of that, on his own. If you cant see that for yourself, Im sorry, there's nothing I can do for you. Take the blinders off and pay attention. Some people just want to believe 99% of the Cowboys....hey, could they have been TOLD to present a united front about him?????? Hmmmmmmm..........I wonder....... :thinking: :rolleyes:

WestTXLonghorn
10-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to dispute that T.O. is a self-centered individual. Seeing him put the ball down in the middle of the star in Dallas when he was a 49er convinced me he was kind of a jerk. However, people can change and I do think T.O. gets a negative light shone on anything he does because the media knows he's a ratings bonanza.

I mean they stick a camera on T.O. when he's riding a stationary bike day in and day out. So to be funny he wears the Tour de France gear or w/e and the media rips him for that too.

I've been keeping up with the coverage of T.O. for awhile now. Back when he was in San Fran the media didn't really have all the hate for him that they do now. Back then he threw fits, signed balls with Sharpies he had in his socks, and called his QB gay and the media just covered it and laughed it off. It was only when he got stuck with a media darling like McNabb that they really started teeing off on him. McNabb is sort of like Brett Favre. . .you can't say anything bad about them or your head is on the chopping block. I'm not saying T.O. wasn't an a$$ in that locker-room and stuff, but we never really got to see his side of things. And a lot of what T.O. says does have some truth to it. He broke his freaking leg and came back to play WAY before he should have been ready and then proceeded to outplay everyone in the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, media darling McNabb was throwing up and out of breath like he wasn't in shape for the game....T.O. says something about it and he gets raked over the coals while the media makes excuses for Donovan.....

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to dispute that T.O. is a self-centered individual. Seeing him put the ball down in the middle of the star in Dallas when he was a 49er convinced me he was kind of a jerk. However, people can change and I do think T.O. gets a negative light shone on anything he does because the media knows he's a ratings bonanza.

I mean they stick a camera on T.O. when he's riding a stationary bike day in and day out. So to be funny he wears the Tour de France gear or w/e and the media rips him for that too.

I've been keeping up with the coverage of T.O. for awhile now. Back when he was in San Fran the media didn't really have all the hate for him that they do now. Back then he threw fits, signed balls with Sharpies he had in his socks, and called his QB gay and the media just covered it and laughed it off. It was only when he got stuck with a media darling like McNabb that they really started teeing off on him. McNabb is sort of like Brett Favre. . .you can't say anything bad about them or your head is on the chopping block. I'm not saying T.O. wasn't an a$$ in that locker-room and stuff, but we never really got to see his side of things. And a lot of what T.O. says does have some truth to it. He broke his freaking leg and came back to play WAY before he should have been ready and then proceeded to outplay everyone in the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, media darling McNabb was throwing up and out of breath like he wasn't in shape for the game....T.O. says something about it and he gets raked over the coals while the media makes excuses for Donovan.....

I know what your saying, and actually agree with most of it. But it's not so much what TO says and does that most of us have a problem with, as its how he says and does those things. Its like the guy has no built in filters to control his moronic antics or something. I dont know whether the guy is maybe bi-polar or what, but I do know he's a jerk, and he's brought all this negativity down on himself, and has no one to blame but himself. Yeah, maybe the spotlight is focused in way too much on him, by the media. But TO has sought out that spotlight his entire career, and now that he's gotten it squarley focused on him, it's obviously exposed some glaring flaws that he should be trying to correct, instead of him (and others) always trying to defend.

bandera7
10-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Listen, facts are facts...TO is the best receiver in the NFL. He is incredible, not only will he go over the middle and catch a pass amid linebackers, he will stretch the defense and go deep, or catch a small little 5 yard hitch and turn it into a big play by breaking ankles (just look at his game vs. Denver when he broke Champ Bailey's ankles, arguably the best corner in the NFL). TO is the man, and he will be greeted with jeers...as both a TO fan and an Eagles fan, I will be experiencing mixed emotions, but it will be a great game none the less

Keith7
10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Steve Smith missing all his practices and regular season games?

Steve Smith was actually injured though!! TO has had the same "hamstring" injury in the past 4 training camps, but that is past.. you are as bad as TO blaiming everything on every but himself! He has blown up on three different teams, but yet i guess it was all those other teams faults huh?? TO is a saint right? get real.. Anyone who calls out two of his QBs, skips out on practices, complains about a contract that HE signed has little integrity, and gets NO respect from me..

Emerson1
10-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Did he "blow up" in college or something? Because he has only been on 3 teams in the NFL and hasn't "blown up" with the cowboys.

I think most philly fans are just mad the cowboys ended Donavans season last year. To bad it wasn't TO that got hurt, he would of sucked it up and been back in a few weeks.

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 09:18 AM
complains about a contract that HE signed has little integrity, and gets NO respect from me..

If I were you I wouldn't use that as part of your explanation because there have been tons of pro players do this. And some of them are in the Hall of Fame....

Keith7
10-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Did he "blow up" in college or something? Because he has only been on 3 teams in the NFL and hasn't "blown up" with the cowboys.

You must have forgotten the Ravens the team he refused to play for when he was traded to them, and the Cowboys didn't end McNabb's season last year, that would be the Falcons in the first game that did that, he was playing hurt the rest of the season..

TO might have sucked it up, but he would be crying for more money cuz he made a "miraculous" comeback, ha give me a break

Keith7
10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
If I were you I wouldn't use that as part of your explanation because there have been tons of pro players do this. And some of them are in the Hall of Fame....

ya but none demanded the attention that TO did by holding his own training camp in his driveway, and holding press conferences

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 09:23 AM
good point

Keith7
10-06-2006, 09:26 AM
and i'll tell you one guy who doesn't like TO in the cowboys lockerroom, its Bill Parcells, he won't deal with anything that TO does.. When asked if him and Bill had talked about his suicide attempt a couple of days after the incident, TO said he had not even spoken with Bill.. come on now, if you tried to commit suicide and failed and your boss didn't ask how you were doing the next day, thats saying something

Emerson1
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
TO attempted suicide?

Keith7
10-06-2006, 09:29 AM
TO attempted suicide?

ya like a week ago

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 09:37 AM
ya like a week ago

I think he was b eing a little sarcastic there considering it has been ruled that he did not attempt suicide but because of the media exposure everyone who dislikes TO will now say that he did

Bandera YaYa
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I think he was b eing a little sarcastic there considering it has been ruled that he did not attempt suicide but because of the media exposure everyone who dislikes TO will now say that he did Oh yeah....ruled by the same police that CHANGED their initial report about the incident...... :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh yeah....ruled by the same police that CHANGED their initial report about the incident...... :rolleyes:

believe it or not initial police reports are changed ALL THE TIME. That is why they are labeled "initial". You see inital reports of Homicide that turn into Suicides on the final report. You have intial reports of suicides that turn into Homicides. You have intial reports of Burglary that turn into insurance fraud on the final report. I talked to a local police officer here in our small town and he told me that 20-30% of their initial police reports are ammended before the final report is published.

Emerson1
10-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Blah blah remember what we talked about on AIM.

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Blah blah remember what we talked about on AIM.

huh? i dont remember

Emerson1
10-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Not you, bandera blah blah

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Not you, bandera blah blah

oh...i thought you were blah blahing me.

Bandera YaYa
10-06-2006, 10:52 AM
believe it or not initial police reports are changed ALL THE TIME. That is why they are labeled "initial". You see inital reports of Homicide that turn into Suicides on the final report. You have intial reports of suicides that turn into Homicides. You have intial reports of Burglary that turn into insurance fraud on the final report. I talked to a local police officer here in our small town and he told me that 20-30% of their initial police reports are ammended before the final report is published. But how can conversations be changed?? Look, I think he did try to harm himself....to what degree, who knows...and I can state my opinion on this. I think the whole thing stinks cover=up!! But, that is old news. Lets see how Mr. Owens conducts himself in the future, shall we?? :p

Bandera YaYa
10-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Blah blah remember what we talked about on AIM. I remember....you lost. :D

kaorder1999
10-06-2006, 10:57 AM
But how can conversations be changed?? Look, I think he did try to harm himself....to what degree, who knows...and I can state my opinion on this. I think the whole thing stinks cover=up!! But, that is old news. Lets see how Mr. Owens conducts himself in the future, shall we?? :p

i was in a car accident 4 years ago and at the scene I was asked if I needed to be transported to the hospital. I told the officer that my parents would be there soon and they would take me to the hospital. Soon after that I found myself in the ambulance being taken away and it didnt matter what I said. The initial police report said I requested to be taken to the hospital. Which in fact, I didn't. It had to be investigated and the police officer under oath had to testify that I in fact DID NOT REQUEST to be transported. And the only reason he admitted it was because our conversation was recorded by his in dash camera and the mic for that camera was on him. And what do you know....it was the DPD.

DaHop72
10-06-2006, 10:58 AM
But how can conversations be changed?? Look, I think he did try to harm himself....to what degree, who knows...and I can state my opinion on this. I think the whole thing stinks cover=up!! But, that is old news. Lets see how Mr. Owens conducts himself in the future, shall we?? :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
10-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Copy for the back of T.O's player card:

"I am the best WR in the NFL and I occasionally entertain myself and my fans by destroying team morale, attempting suicide, and writing children's books. I like myself a lot more than any of you "