PDA

View Full Version : I forgot, T.u. fans are so classy

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KWaLdSq8fw)

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
stupid work filter...what is this a video of?

CHS_CG
10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
classy or not.. it was funny

KTJ
10-04-2006, 01:26 PM
For every "non-classy" thing a Texas fan has done, I can name a "non-classy" thing an A&M fan has done.

This idea of "we're more classy than X or Y university" has gotten way out of hand.

KTJ
10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
classy or not.. it was funny

That is definitely true.

:D

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
AJ---If you wanted to diss OU as a loyal Texan, why not just do it directly without using UT as a shield? It's ok for Ags to dislike OU, you know. :D

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
For every "non-classy" thing a Texas fan has done, I can name a "non-classy" thing an A&M fan has done.

This idea of "we're more classy than X or Y university" has gotten way out of hand. It pains me to agree with you, but every university has there non classy fans.

kaorder1999
10-04-2006, 01:29 PM
is T. U. an insult to Texas fans or something?

SideBurnWillie
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

ka....Mainly the Ags and OU like to refer to UT as TU because they think it irritates UT fans. Everybody knows that "TU" stands for The University. :D

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM

it is if you attend A&M, (and to a lesser degree) OU, and Texas Tech.

Seriously...if UT people started calling A&M people M&A students...everybody would just say that it sounds dumb. Think about it...

KTJ
10-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Actually, Tech and OU fans don't really call us that at all.

Tech fans just say UT. They respect us and we respect them. Not to mention, UT fans love Mike Leach and his hilarious quotes.

OU fans just say stupid stuff all together. Case in point--the stuff I will hear starting Friday night. I'll try to remember some of it and tell yall. But OU fans do the horns down more than anyone I've ever seen. OU fans were doing it when they played Oregon. I've seen them do the horns down when they played Oklahoma State. I've seen them do the horns down when they played Missouri. :confused:

kaorder1999
10-04-2006, 01:37 PM
i was just confused....interesting....

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Tech fans just say UT. They respect us and we respect them. Not to mention, UT fans love Mike Leach and his hilarious quotes.

OU fans just say stupid stuff all together. Case in point--the stuff I will hear starting Friday night. I'll try to remember some of it and tell yall. But OU fans do the horns down more than anyone I've ever seen. OU fans were doing it when they played Oregon. I've seen them do the horns down when they played Oklahoma State. I've seen them do the horns down when they played Missouri. :confused:
I've heard a lot of Tech fans call Texas "t.u." It's definitely not confined to A&M anymore.

Now I can't speak for OU fans. OU's not nearly as big a deal in the south- and central- part of the state as it is up in North Texas, so I don't know much about them.

And KA, it's just a fun, dumb little thing Aggies do to say that UT's just another "texas university," not THE University of Texas. It comes from the old battle where Horns say that A&M is a part of their system and A&M says that they were founded and started before UT.

3afan
10-04-2006, 01:47 PM

its a sign of jealousy - like G-P fans saying Galallen

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I agree with Russ. I've started to hear the dumb "tu" reference from Tech and OU people.

I totally agree on the horns down thing from Oklahoma. You'll see players score and then do it when they are playing UAB or whatever non-conference game they are playing. It just doesn't make sense. Then again...you have Aggies singing "saw varsity's horns off" while they are playing The Citadel! :thinking:

KTJ
10-04-2006, 01:50 PM
I've heard a lot of Tech fans call Texas "t.u." It's definitely not confined to A&M anymore.

Hmm, I went to Tech before transferring to Texas and no one called it that. We just said "UT".

Seriously, A&M is the only school I really hear saying that.

Galallen

Does that even make any sense?

3afan
10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
haha - doesnt make sense to me ... guess its the Gal=girl reference

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I've got to admit....I enjoy college rivalries and all the hoopla that goes with it. Sawed-off horns, horns down, etc. etc. and all that goes with it is part of American collegiate tradition. What would these rivalries be without the intensity among these schools? As long as all the ballyhooing is confined to taunting each other's schools, I think it is fine. When fans start to cuss each other, flash obscene gestures, and behave in a vulgar manner when innocent families with old folks and kids are around and caught in the middle, then I have a problem and i will react.

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Hmm, I went to Tech before transferring to Texas and no one called it that. We just said "UT".

Seriously, A&M is the only school I really hear saying that.

That doesn't mean they don't say it. Apparently two of us on the board have heard it, and I think I've even seen a couple of Tech fans on here bring it up.

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've got to admit....I enjoy college rivalries and all the hoopla that goes with it. Sawed-off horns, horns down, etc. etc. and all that goes with it is part of American collegiate tradition. What would these rivalries be without the intensity among these schools? As long as all the ballyhooing is confined to taunting each other's schools, I think it is fine. When fans start to cuss each other, flash obscene gestures, and behave in a vulgar manner when innocent families with old folks and kids are around and caught in the middle, then I have a problem and i will react.
Absolutely. That's why I love college ball, Bull.

KTJ
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That doesn't mean they don't say it. Apparently two of us on the board have heard it, and I think I've even seen a couple of Tech fans on here bring it up.

OU sucks.

JasperDog94
That doesn't mean they don't say it. Apparently two of us on the board have heard it, and I think I've even seen a couple of Tech fans on here bring it up. Yeah, but those are just aggie wannabes.:D

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
OU sucks.

Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, but those are just aggie wannabes.:D
LOL.

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Dang. . .we're getting called T.U. I might just have to cry myself to sleep tonight. Well, I suppose I can make it through the day as long as no one calls us "teasips." :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Dang. . .we're getting called T.U. I might just have to cry myself to sleep tonight. Well, I suppose I can make it through the day as long as no one calls us "teasips." :rolleyes: Whatever the heck that is...:crazy1:

SWMustang
10-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Dang. . . Well, I suppose I can make it through the day as long as no one calls us "teasips." :rolleyes:

That's my preferred moniker for UT :p

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
1. tea-sip

One who attends or attended the University of Texas in Austin, Texas.

The term tea-sip (also spelled teasip, t-sip, or t sip) was started by students of Texas A&M University (aka. Aggies) in the early 1900's to belittle the well-to-do students of UT.
The University of Texas was traditionally the "rich" school which pumped out doctors, lawyers and the like. A&M was the blue collar school which traditionally taught Agriculture and Mechanics (engineering).

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 02:22 PM
1. tea-sip

One who attends or attended the University of Texas in Austin, Texas.

The term tea-sip (also spelled teasip, t-sip, or t sip) was started by students of Texas A&M University (aka. Aggies) in the early 1900's to belittle the well-to-do students of UT.
The University of Texas was traditionally the "rich" school which pumped out doctors, lawyers and the like. A&M was the blue collar school which traditionally taught Agriculture and Mechanics (engineering). Finally! Thank you for explaining this.:)

SWMustang
10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
ditto - I thought it had something to do with elitism but no one ever explained it in detail.

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
ditto - I thought it had something to do with elitism but no one ever explained it in detail. So you used derogatory term without even knowing what it means?:nerd: :nerd:

SWMustang
10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So you used derogatory term without even knowing what it means?:nerd: :nerd:

errr- yep. I was pretty sure it didn't mean clansmen or nazi. :) T-sip was used quite freely in west texas to refer to UT.:)

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KWaLdSq8fw)
Oh man, dont cry again

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
its a sign of jealousy - like G-P fans saying Galallen
Yeah, its like A&M is waving thier arms in the air trying to get Tx attention, hate us hate us too! Pretty funny, half of A&M so called traditions come from the hatred of one school.

MagicMan
10-04-2006, 02:57 PM
the aggies know they will never beat the longhorns again so being classier is a moral victory to them. thats probably the only thing the aggies win at. but of course grabbing your balls and screaming isnt very classy.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I love the rivalries, and I love when in tragic times fans of BOTH schools come together...My biggest memory from the Bonfire collapse will always be the tribute the UT band did by playing Aggie War Hymn..THAT IS CLASS

CHS_CG
10-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
the aggies know they will never beat the longhorns again so being classier is a moral victory to them. thats probably the only thing the aggies win at. but of course grabbing your balls and screaming isnt very classy.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mwynn05
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
the aggies know they will never beat the longhorns again right....your showng some ignorance here

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
What bout that little incident last year by the A&M fans and the horse poop. That was CLASSY!

piratebg
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
That was funny. I really needed something to make me laugh right now. It's just been one of those days.

greenpride
10-04-2006, 03:50 PM
TU fans refer to the Aggies as the JV. Enough said.

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I've got to admit....I enjoy college rivalries and all the hoopla that goes with it. Sawed-off horns, horns down, etc. etc. and all that goes with it is part of American collegiate tradition. What would these rivalries be without the intensity among these schools? As long as all the ballyhooing is confined to taunting each other's schools, I think it is fine. When fans start to cuss each other, flash obscene gestures, and behave in a vulgar manner when innocent families with old folks and kids are around and caught in the middle, then I have a problem and i will react. amen

Emerson1
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
TU fans refer to the Aggies as the JV. Enough said.
That makes sense though, because aggies refer to Texas as varsity.

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
TU fans refer to the Aggies as the JV. Enough said. haha...

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
right....your showng some ignorance here

And you'RE showing some ignorance too.:rolleyes:

SpreadtheRed
10-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Aggie John is just mad that tech handed them yet another loss on Tech's second homefield a.k.a Kyle Field.

RMAC
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM

Now I can't speak for OU fans. OU's not nearly as big a deal in the south- and central- part of the state as it is up in North Texas, so I don't know much about them.

And KA, it's just a fun, dumb little thing Aggies do to say that UT's just another "texas university," not THE University of Texas. It comes from the old battle where Horns say that A&M is a part of their system and A&M says that they were founded and started before UT.

I don't hear anybody calling U.T. T.U., I go here to tech, but I will admit that I haven't met the 32,000 people that go here either, so I'm sure there's some of them.

g$$
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
It goes both ways, always has & always will. An idiot is an idiot no matter who he/she roots for on Saturdays. I've been embarrassed for Ags, Horns, & Red Raiders alike many times. When people cross the line, get profane, start a fight, etc. is when I get angry. Having fun with it is part of the deal & makes the games more enjoyable.

You know who usually causes the most trouble? Those "fans" that never attended college in the 1st place, much less the one they have adopted as "their" team. That's been my experience.

Don't judge a school by a few idiots who are trying desperately to belong. That's not fair.

BTEXDAD
10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Do you remember this old story? Link is at
http://lexrob.com/oldblog/2005/09/16/from-the-outside-part-one/

Aggies are prone to say, when speaking of any and all things Aggie, “From the outside, you can’t understand it; from the inside, you can’t explain it.”

On Halloween 1981, Greg Hood, an Aggie Corps member and “officer of the day,” drew his sword on an SMU cheerleader for spelling out “S-M-U.” Hood was then knocked to the ground (by the cheerleader) and had his sword taken away from him (once again, by the cheerleader).

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
One of these days the Ags will beat UT again. Just not anytime soon...
with Coach Fran there...:(
He should be gone this year. Then maybe the Aggies will rise again.

big daddy russ
10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I don't hear anybody calling U.T. T.U., I go here to tech, but I will admit that I haven't met the 32,000 people that go here either, so I'm sure there's some of them.
I can't really argue with RMAC. He just may know more about the current state of on-campus affairs than I do. ;)

Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Do you remember this old story? Link is at
http://lexrob.com/oldblog/2005/09/16/from-the-outside-part-one/

Aggies are prone to say, when speaking of any and all things Aggie, “From the outside, you can’t understand it; from the inside, you can’t explain it.”

On Halloween 1981, Greg Hood, an Aggie Corps member and “officer of the day,” drew his sword on an SMU cheerleader for spelling out “S-M-U.” Hood was then knocked to the ground (by the cheerleader) and had his sword taken away from him (once again, by the cheerleader).
I always heard that those cheerleaders pushed him over when he told them they couldn't go on the field. I know it was actually two SMU cheerleaders that did it, not just one, but don't know the exact story.

One story I heard said that he drew it to keep them off the field, another said that he drew it in self defense.

g$$
10-05-2006, 01:10 PM
The Corps makes up about 2000 of the 45,000 student body. Granted, many traditions & all are based on the military background. But A&M is a much more diverse place than it used to be. For the 1st time ever, the incoming classes over the past few years have been more female than male.

The Corps stands on its own. But it is not representative of A&M as a whole anymore. You are also taking great liberties with that story too involving the SMU cheerleader.

BTEXDAD
10-05-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm just posting from a blog site about it. I never heard anything about the saber being taken away from the corpsman before now.
I'm more of a UT fan, but I've been to games at both austin and college station and there are obnoxious fans at both places.

SWMustang
10-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are also taking great liberties with the SMU cheerleader.

I am appalled that he took liberties with that Cheerleader with his saber. :)

g$$
10-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Nice edit job on the SMU deal! Funny stuff.

SWMustang
10-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Nice edit job on the SMU deal! Funny stuff.

I had to make it fit. :)

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I can't really argue with RMAC. He just may know more about the current state of on-campus affairs than I do. ;)

I always heard that those cheerleaders pushed him over when he told them they couldn't go on the field. I know it was actually two SMU cheerleaders that did it, not just one, but don't know the exact story.

One story I heard said that he drew it to keep them off the field, another said that he drew it in self defense. That's a great story......Eh, how many aggies does it take to defend Kyle field???
.....he he he.....depends on how many SMU cheerleaders there are!!!!
hahahaha......loves it!! :D

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The Corps makes up about 2000 of the 45,000 student body. Granted, many traditions & all are based on the military background. But A&M is a much more diverse place than it used to be. For the 1st time ever, the incoming classes over the past few years have been more female than male.

The Corps stands on its own. But it is not representative of A&M as a whole anymore. You are also taking great liberties with that story too involving the SMU cheerleader. ...my daughter used to date a Corp man.......I'm telling you he was brainwashed !! His dad and granddad were too.....had their boots and swords like on display in their houses.....like a shrine......you would have thought they had fought in some holy war!!! False Gods, I'm telling ya........... :eek: :D

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
...my daughter used to date a Corp man.......I'm telling you he was brainwashed !! His dad and granddad were too.....had their boots and swords like on display in their houses.....like a shrine......you would have thought they had fought in some holy war!!! False Gods, I'm telling ya........... :eek: :D
How do you equate folks having pride by being in the Corp to worshiping a "false god"?:confused:

JasperDog94
10-05-2006, 02:50 PM
idolotry

mustang04
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
im not gonna lie...i like kyle field, i like college station, and i like all my A&M friends...but i have met some really odd students down there who are finatics....i was talkin to a friend down there about how it was liek my 4th game to watch at A&M, and i've seen like 5 at Tech, and 3 at UT...then an Aggie from nowhere just butts in and said "It's NOT U.T.....It's TU!" and he seemed mad and all serious...at the back of my head i was thinkin "...PSYCHO:rolleyes: "

coach
10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I agree with Russ. I've started to hear the dumb "tu" reference from Tech and OU people.

I totally agree on the horns down thing from Oklahoma. You'll see players score and then do it when they are playing UAB or whatever non-conference game they are playing. It just doesn't make sense. Then again...you have Aggies singing "saw varsity's horns off" while they are playing The Citadel! :thinking:

first of all the in iversity that started the tu thing was tulane they wanted texas to be tu while tulane be ut as university of tulane and the aggies just caought on i do agree with the horns down with ou but i think thats bc they dont have a hand sighn like texas, a&m, tech, and even baylor, also in texas fight song its saying "good bye to A&m and throught other songs they reference a&m in them

coach
10-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by coach
first of all the in iversity that started the tu thing was tulane they wanted texas to be tu while tulane be ut as university of tulane and the aggies just caought on i do agree with the horns down with ou but i think thats bc they dont have a hand sighn like texas, a&m, tech, and even baylor, also in texas fight song its saying "good bye to A&m and throught other songs they reference a&m in them

correction university*

Emerson1
10-05-2006, 03:18 PM
correction university*
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/edit.gif is your friend

JasperDog94
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/edit.gif is your friend :clap: :clap: :D

AggieJohn
10-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I love the rivalries, and I love when in tragic times fans of BOTH schools come together...My biggest memory from the Bonfire collapse will always be the tribute the UT band did by playing Aggie War Hymn..THAT IS CLASS yeah, i remember that.....i know i can bee an A$$ sometimes, i just like to stir the pot

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How do you equate folks having pride by being in the Corp to worshiping a "false god"?:confused: SintonFan....you just crack me up sometimes, with your seriousness!!!!! :p

Bandera YaYa
10-05-2006, 03:48 PM
yeah, i remember that.....i know i can bee an A$$ sometimes, i just like to stir the pot MayBEE you should cut down on that.......... :D

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
SintonFan....you just crack me up sometimes, with your seriousness!!!!! :p
Umm... I aim to please?
I guess I know more of the casual A&M folks. Alot of them in fact.:)

KTJ
10-05-2006, 05:42 PM
and throught other songs they reference a&m in them

Uh, no we don't.

And we have no reason to.

UTatx
10-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Jim Rome's opinion on Aggies:

“They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah. Shut up. You start to get the feeling the entire school was built to spite UT. Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university, they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school that would teach agriculture and mechanics. Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don’t know…the fact is, the State intended A&M to be a branch of UT. Apparently they must devote their entire school to trying to prove to UT that they are just as good. All the while, nobody at UT denies that A&M is a good school, yet they won’t shut up. So they write a fight song… about…Texas, and how they want to beat them. They have a Fish Camp for freshman where they tell them how bad Texas is and how good A&M and all its traditions are.”

“T.U.” is not funny. It is not insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be funny. In fact, it would be retarded. That’s why UT fans don’t do it. Please learn.”

“We all respect West Point, Annapolis, The Air Force Academy; however, nobody respects the Corp. I imagine they are kind of the laughing stock of the military world. Just because you dress like the Army, and try and act like the Army, does not make you the Army.”

“You want to lose the image of country bumpkins, of a people fond of sheep, of people that aren’t stupid? Then quit building things that fall down. Quit chasing cheerleaders around with swords on national TV. Quit whooping in church. Quit whooping period. Quit putting up scoreboards for the enjoyment of dead mammals. Quit spending your Friday nights practicing how to yell. Quit telling rape jokes to reporters when you’re running for governor.”

“Go to East Texas, tour every small town, and ask every red neck with a 5th grade education why they cheer for A&M and wear maroon. That is their fan base. This is why they are perceived by the educated masses as stupid.”

“College Station is an arm-pit of a town. Quit pretending that it is a great college town. It is a town and there is a college there. That should be the end of this comparison. If you feel that life doesn’t get any better than the Dixie Chicken, and enjoy being stuck in a never ending “Dukes of Hazard” episode, then move there. More importantly, don’t move to Austin…they are trying to create an educated, technological, and open minded population base. Austin is, and will continue to be, the birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.”

If you took time to read this, thanks...
I support Mr. Rome

turbostud
10-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Rookie mistake.
Thats been posted quite a bit.

bulldogman06
10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
rome is an idiot. Patton himself respected the core more than west point. And has he ever heard of Gatsbys, V-Bar, Logans, Fitzwillies, and any other bar in college station that isnt a country bar? He just displays pure ignorance in his "speech" if thats what you call it

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
rome is an idiot. Patton himself respected the core more than west point. And has he ever heard of Gatsbys, V-Bar, Logans, Fitzwillies, and any other bar in college station that isnt a country bar? He just displays pure ignorance in his "speech" if thats what you call it

Rome never said that....it is an urban legend

g$$
10-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Rome did not say that.

Texas A&M = 1876
U. Of Texas = 1883

Both large state schools were created w/ different curriculum & emphasis in mind by the legislature originally. A&M for the agricultuiral, engineering, etc., while Texas for liberal arts, business, etc. That does not apply as much anymore. There used to be "teacher colleges" too, like Sam Houston & Southwest Texas. Now it is not as specialized. Some of you are spreading misinformation. Look it up if you are still confused. And both have songs about the other too.

Both are fine academic institutions of higher learning.

KTJ
10-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Texas A&M = 1876
U. Of Texas = 1883

While true, the oldest university in Texas is Baylor. Not to mention, A&M was formed as the Agricultural College for UT. Technically, the plan for UT to exist, and it's blueprints, had been alive since the 1840's.

And both have songs about the other too.

UT has one VERSE, consisting of 3 words, about A&M. We don't sing songs about other institutions. A&M, on the other hand, has several songs about UT.

Both are fine academic institutions of higher learning.

True.

Something else I'd like to add--

OU sucks.

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
A&M, on the other hand, has several songs about UT.

we have one, the war hymn.......

in other news,

OU sucks

in a related matter,

t.u. sucks too......

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 10:55 AM
we have one, the war hymn.......

in other news,

OU sucks

in a related matter,

t.u. sucks too......

and also, Texas "ONE" song that they have that mentions A&M DIRECTLY says "A&M"

the war hymn never says "Texas"

just an inconsistency i wanted to point out

OU sucks

g$$
10-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I was referring to state schools = public. Baylor is older & PRIVATE. That was not the issue.

Both schools have song(s), chants, yells, hex rallies, etc. about the other. Come on KTJ, you know it. It's all in good fun anyway.

AggieJohn
10-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I was referring to state schools = public. Baylor is older & PRIVATE. That was not the issue.

Both schools have song(s), chants, yells, hex rallies, etc. about the other. Come on KTJ, you know it. It's all in good fun anyway. it's beyond good fun, it's good old fashion "ANTI-YAYA" sibling rivalry