PDA

View Full Version : Pecos R.B. Luis Ortega #1 in 3A

Funk-d-fied
10-04-2006, 12:59 PM
as far as rushing attempts, yards, and touchdowns.....

This is quite an accomplishment! They play in Monahans this friday....

raider red 2000
10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

what are his numbers?

zeus63
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Seen this kid in action. He is one tough runner, very hard to bring down. Heard he rushed for like to 275 last week alone.

Sweetwater Red
10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

He had like 40+ carries against us last year I believe.

justlikesports
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Cannot hardly wait until the game Friday night. Gonna be a good one. Monahans vs Pecos is always intense. Hope everyone has injury-free games this week! Go Loboes!!!!

Funk-d-fied
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
His #'s are 1148 yard srushing on 79 attempts. 14 touchdowns.

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
What region is he in and who have they played?

Funk-d-fied
10-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Region 1, played Alpine, Denver City, Andrews, Anthony, and one other his exact yards are 1155. Running is running.

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm not impressed. The numbers are impressive but it's like the schedule is not impressive.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Thats a Pecos team (3-2) that has played 3 2A teams and 2 3A teams. While the yardage is impressive, the teams that they have come against are not.

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Dang, 14.6 ypc and a TD every 5.6 carries is great no matter who you've played.

TigerPride
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I saw this kid play aganist a very good Sweetwater defense last year. He was running all over them in the first half. I tried to find the stats.Sweetwater won the game 52 to 14, the game was 28 to 14 going into the half. All i remember about the game was the way the kid ran he's a power runner right up the middle. They just gave him the ball to much in the first half, wore him out. Is Pecos the same as last year, just one dimensional.Does anyone have the stats to that game last year. Just curious. GO TIGERS!! ( the best 2 and 3 team in the state)

Snydertigersrul
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
I saw this kid play aganist a very good Sweetwater defense last year. He was running all over them in the first half. I tried to find the stats.Sweetwater won the game 52 to 14, the game was 28 to 14 going into the half. All i remember about the game was the way the kid ran he's a power runner right up the middle. They just gave him the ball to much in the first half, wore him out. Is Pecos the same as last year, just one dimensional.Does anyone have the stats to that game last year. Just curious. GO TIGERS!! ( the best 2 and 3 team in the state)

The yardage is impressive, but you need to look at who he was playing against. I would not call that a murder's row.

WTF-82
10-05-2006, 08:05 AM
You got to remember he is playing with what I call a offensive line that is not impressive good but tough at times but not great.
If he was running behind one of these great 3a lines he would be great against the big dogs. Also they box them up, 9 men up front and he still get his yard the kid is tough and good.

VWG
10-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Great stats... although the competition isn't that great.
You still have to give it up to the kid, as he is playing very good and getting awesome numbers. He is dominating against teams he should dominate against.

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Too bad this kid isnt playing for a better team, and in a better area. On a good team, with a good O line, against alot better comp, he'd still be getting his yards, and be getting all the props he deserves. Maybe he'll get to show off his ability in at least one or two playoff games. Just hope he doesnt get hurt in the mean time.

zeus63
10-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The yardage is impressive, but you need to look at who he was playing against. I would not call that a murder's row.

It doesn't matter who they are playing, he is all Pecos has. REALLY!! He gets all those yards on his own, most of which are made after contact.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride

Took some searching, but I found that he had 196 yds rushing against Sweetwater last year, 150 of which came in the first half. That was his game high for the season. BTW, I also found that last year he had 1244 yds on 244 carries.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Whoever he plays for..good team, bad team, mediocre team....he sounds like a dangerous weapon!!

Keep up the good work Ortega!

sweetwater07
10-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I'm not impressed. The numbers are impressive but it's like the schedule is not impressive.

schedule is a joke

zeus63
10-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
schedule is a joke

Is everyone but Sweetwater's schedule a joke? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Go back to class youngster.

big daddy russ
10-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
schedule is a joke
He hung two bills on ya'll last year. Joke or not, that's one hell of a running back.

mustang04
10-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He hung two bills on ya'll last year. Joke or not, that's one hell of a running back.

tis true!

westtxfballfan
10-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Thats a Pecos team (3-2) that has played 3 2A teams and 2 3A teams. While the yardage is impressive, the teams that they have come against are not.

I agree, and one of the 3a teams - Anthony - has 2a enrollment numbers. Here's a prior quote I had on this subject in a different thread:

[i]The Pecos running back had over 300 yards last night against Anthony and has a shot at leading the state over the season since he'll be rolling up those kinds of yards against Anthony, Tornillo (both with 2a enrollment numbers), Fabens, and others. He's a good, tough runner, no doubt; but his numbers will be skewed in his favor given the lack of competition. [/B]

I still think - barring injury - he'll lead the state in carries and yards, in 3a at least, at the end of the reg season.

(Ranger Mom could crack a 100 yards at least twice in that district.)

STANG RED
10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Very true! Yeah their schedule may be a joke, but this kid is no joke. He's the real deal. Not his fault where he plays.

Funk-d-fied
10-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Well he goes against monahans tonight, look this kid is playing for another new coach and a new system. He is very soft spoken and just runs the ball. Give the kid credit and unitll anyone else runs for more touchdowns and yards then him he is th emand in 3A rushing and td's! He ran hard for every one of those 1000+ yards and 14 td's......

westtxfballfan
10-06-2006, 10:28 PM
24 carries for 63 yards in 52-0 loss in Monahans tonight.

ThE_OnE_lObOe
10-07-2006, 12:53 AM
so yea.....Go Monahans D.........and another fact if the 63 yds is correct the rest of their team massed a total of 7yds

Bull19
10-07-2006, 10:11 AM
ID HOPE YOU CAN PUT UP THOSE KIND ON NUMBERS WHEN YOU PLAY A WEAK SCHEDULE AND U GET 100+ ATTEMPTS A GAME