PDA

View Full Version : A crazy bunch on the soutn end of Region III

Old Cardinal
11-05-2002, 02:06 PM
What a scoring pattern- Bellville beats Navasota 21-6...Navasota beats Elgin 24-7.....Elgin beats Bellville 24-17......I think what we are seeing is a well Coached team in Bellville; and a couple of teams with maybe more talent that are floundering around trying to become viable playoff teams. Navasota and Elgin are finally getting the confidence and team work coordination to play 4 solid quarters. They all will do well in the playoffs.

RBARKER
11-05-2002, 02:29 PM
I dont know how Navasota will do this year during the playoffs, but I was looking at thier stats and found that thier Starting QB and HB are Sophmores. The QB has thrown for 453 yds. and the running back has ran for 1003 yds. Watch out for this team the next couple of years eek!

AggieJohn
11-05-2002, 02:41 PM
hey what site is it that you can find stats for players...like how much yards they've toted for?

Pudlugger
11-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Old Cardinal:
What a scoring pattern- Bellville beats Navasota 21-6...Navasota beats Elgin 24-7.....Elgin beats Bellville 24-17......I think what we are seeing is a well Coached team in Bellville; and a couple of teams with maybe more talent that are floundering around trying to become viable playoff teams. Navasota and Elgin are finally getting the confidence and team work coordination to play 4 solid quarters. They all will do well in the playoffs.Old Cardinal what I think you are seeing here is the "home field advantage". Bellville beat Navasota in Bellville, Navasota beat Elgin in Navasota, and Elgin beat Bellville in Elgin. All three of these venues are notorious homer fields so it is not surprising that this confusing pattern would emerge. By the way La Grange actually withstood several outragous "pass interference" calls (and one strategically placed "holding " call to stop an LG drive after converting on 4th and short)to beat Elgin at home. Had they played on a neutral site the score wouldn't have been that close, probably 21-3. Columbus will not be able to win in the Snake Pit Friday no matter what. Only Brenham has beaten Navasota there this year. :p :p

RBARKER
11-06-2002, 08:37 AM
explayer2001:
hey what site is it that you can find stats for players...like how much yards they've toted for?You can go to the Chronicle and they keep stats for the Houston area teams.

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/sports/hs/