PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed!

footballgal
10-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Progreso Lady Red Ants coach Monica Ybanez

http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=15678&Section=Sports,varsity,Progreso

pirate4state
10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
How sad. She is so young. I hope she can make some kind of recovery. Will keep her & her family in my prayers. Keep us posted.

44INAROW
10-04-2006, 02:02 PM
That is scary and so sad, I added her to our prayer list here in Cuero. Please keep us updated on how she's doing

bobcat1
10-04-2006, 02:30 PM
We will bend our knees and pray here in Celina. God Bless her and her family.

AP Panther Fan
10-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Thoughts and prayers for this young woman, her family and the community of Progreso.:(

Footballgal, please keep us posted.

justlikesports
10-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Monahans.

txkmom
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Could happen to any one of us. Make the most of every day. Prayers from Texarkana.

footballgal
10-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks so much gals and guys. I am sure the family will appreciate all the prayers. Be assured I will keep you updated of her progress.

She was doing such a wonderful job, with these group of girls, in Progreso.

luvhoops34
10-05-2006, 12:07 AM
That's really sad, she's so young. I'll keep her in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by justlikesports
Thoughts and prayers from Monahans.

And from Sinton too. :(

GreenMachine
10-05-2006, 09:47 AM
She's in our prayers.

footballgal
10-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Update:

Originally posted by L0rd Infamous:
i just talked to her sister and she told me to put this

"MONICA IS DOIN ALOT BETTER WE ARE TAKING IT DAY BY DAY .,.,AND WE EXPECT NOTHING BUT A FULL RECOVERY.ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME AND VISIT VALLEY BABTIST HOSPITAL SOUTHTOWER 2ND FLOOR .THE POSTIVE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED."

LUV IBANEZ,GARZA,PEREZ FAMILY

pirate4state
10-18-2006, 10:03 AM
footballgal - thanks for the update!! That is wonderful news. I hope she continues on to a full recovery!!! :)

footballgal
10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
http://epaper.valleystar.com/Daily/Images/Common/transparent.gif
Lynn Hermosa / Valley Morning Star La Feria’s Magda Rivera digs for a ball against Progreso on Tuesday at the Lady Red Ants gym. The Lionettes won the match in four games and are now one win away from clinching the District 32-3A title.
http://epaper.valleystar.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=VMS/2006/10/18/17/Img/Pc0170700.jpg

Lionettes raid Lady Red Ants as they close in on district title

By JOHN CANNON Mid-Valley Town Crier

PROGRESO
— The Ant Hill at Progreso was rocking Tuesday night as the Lady Red Ants and the La Feria Lionettes battled it out on the volleyball court.
In the end, the Lionettes escaped and went on to win 26-24, 25-23, 21-25, and 25-15.
La Feria improves to 6-0 in District 32-3A and can clinch the district title Saturday as they host Hidalgo, who has only one district loss.
Progreso has clinched a playoff spot at 3-3 and can still secure a second seed if Hidalgo falls to La Feria Saturday. Also the Lady Red Ants travel to Hidalgo next Tuesday night.
“Our senior leadership has been the key to our success all season and especially tonight when we needed it,” said Lionettes head coach Rebea Fraga. “Our seniors stayed calm, even when we had our backs against the wall. But, we were able to walk out of here with a win. Now, we have to get ready for Hidalgo.”
The Lionettes and the Lady Red Ants battled back and forth in the first game and there were seven lead changes. But in the end, La Feria held off a scrappy Progreso team 26-24.
Progreso built a 20-12 lead in the second game and it seemed that both teams were going to be tied up at 1 apiece.
But the Lionettes made a massive comeback and went on to defeat the Lady Red Ants on a 13-3 run.
“That game was the difference-maker tonight,” said Progreso interim head coach Gloria Guerrier, who is taking the place of Monica Ibanez who was hospitalized with a brain aneurysm. “We had their backs against the wall and let them come back.”
Progreso won game three 25-21 and forced a game four. But, the Lionettes stepped it up in game four and won in decisive fashion.
Guerrier said she was pleased with the way her team has been able to overcome the adversity of their coach who is in the hospital.
“Coach Ibanez is always on the girls’ minds, but they continue to play and try to not let it get in the way of what they are trying to accomplish,” said Guerrier. “Tonight we left it all on the court against La Feria. But that has been out goal all year long.”
“These girls, especially the seniors, had a goal to make it to the playoffs. We knew that La Feria and Hidalgo were going to be tough, but tonight we showed the Lady Red Ant pride. Now, we have to cheer for La Feria to beat Hidalgo.”

luvhoops34
10-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks for update!

chaingang
10-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Prayers from WOS!!!!

footballgal
11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Progreso coach’s family in need
November 12,2006
Peter Rasmussen
Monitor Staff Writer

McALLEN — The family of Progreso coach Monica Ibañez, who suffered an aneurysm after one of her team’s matches in late September, will be selling brisket plates today in support of her husband, George, and her mother, Ida Garza.

"This is to help the family financially," said Eric Ortiz, Ibañez’s cousin. "Her mother and husband have missed a lot of work, and we wanted to help them out.

"I had an aunt in Dallas who came up with the idea, and I couldn’t believe we never thought of that. She called me because she knew I could get everyone together."

The family will be at the new Wal-Mart on the corner of Nolana and North 29th Street from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The brisket plates will sell for $5.

Ibañez, 30, has improved since emergency surgery stopped the hemorrhaging in her brain Sept. 26. She is no longer sedated and has opened her eyes and responded to voices and the commands of therapists working with her at the Life Care Rehab center in McAllen, Ida Garza said.

"I know she recognizes our voices," said Bianca Garza, Ibañez’s sister. "She turns when she hears us, especially her husband, George."

Ibañez will need a second surgery at a Houston hospital because she is at risk of another aneurysm occurring. She is at the LifeCare Hospital in McAllen for recovery until it is time for her to be transported for the procedure.

"I am grateful that everyone in my family is getting together for this," Ida Garza said. "I don’t know how long my daughter will be like this or if she will make a full recovery. Only God knows.

"I am very thankful that my family has helped me during this very hard time. She has gotten better, but it is going to be a long process."

luvhoops34
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is recovering.

44INAROW
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Footballgal - your' PM box is full.......... but I'll just ask in the open forum - if someone wanted to make a monetary donation - do you have any idea where to send it. thanks

footballgal
11-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Footballgal - your' PM box is full.......... but I'll just ask in the open forum - if someone wanted to make a monetary donation - do you have any idea where to send it. thanks

Oh Ok thanks, I will clean it up. No I am not sure, but I will try to get the info and post an update here.

44INAROW
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Oh Ok thanks, I will clean it up. No I am not sure, but I will try to get the info and post an update here.

thanks - I'd like to mention this at Booster Club Weds night..

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Prayers and Thoughts from Royse City

Go Cuero
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the update. Still keeping her and her family in our prayers.