PDA

View Full Version : Everman Jr High in the News

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Appearantly their new Jr High Principal is administering corporal punishment, and the test scores are up, and the school is alot more controlled. They aired a BET News Short on BET just right now and profiled it. Only Six campus administrators have the authority to issue paddlings. I found this to be interesting...

kaorder1999
10-04-2006, 11:58 AM
put the paddle back in the schools and a LOT of problems get solved.....

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
its outlawed in 29 states

injuredinmelee
10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Let the parents know that when you expect the teachers and schools to educate their children and practically raise them and teach morals that they arent recieving at home then they will also hold the kids responsible for their actions and light em up with the paddle.

Some of the older Ip guys on here remember Mr. Allen. A little "native american" guy that went about 5'6" maybe and about 150-170 but he would light your can up with the board. I saw guys cry it hurt so bad.

Blastoderm55
10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Isn't this the same school whose principle singled out the Black students for their performance on the TAKS? Or was that the high school?

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
put the paddle back in the schools and a LOT of problems get solved..... Not really. I was swatted 14 times last year. Two of them for getting kicked out of a softball game for talking crap to the Hutto assistant princpal.

3afan
10-04-2006, 12:05 PM
IMO thats really nothing to "brag" about ........... :p

I am against corporal punishment in schools ---- here its allowed if the parent gives permission

Rabbit'93
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm for it on the mid to high school level. Not only does it hurt it brings the kid down to earth. Makes them realize they're still kids and can get there little butts whipped. Too many parents these days feel a "timeout will do the trick". If done right a swat can get a kids attention.

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Not really. I was swatted 14 times last year. Two of them for getting kicked out of a softball game for talking crap to the Hutto assistant princpal.

and you didn't realize that wasn't a smart thing to do??? You stay classy Cameron! ;)

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 01:08 PM
i think kids behave terribly now adays because they know that we can't really touch them

99IHSMustang
10-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Not really. I was swatted 14 times last year. Two of them for getting kicked out of a softball game for talking crap to the Hutto assistant princpal.

Your a real winner..... :D

kaorder1999
10-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its outlawed in 29 states

and what states are those? I know its not outlawed in Texas

Dogman_1969
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM
That every kid should get a good swat the first day of school on the way in the building. That would serve as an attention getter.

I have 2 sons (a 14 yr old freshman & a 11 yr old 5th grader) and you can ask either one of them if they make the wrong choice or do something that I wouldn't approve of what the consequences are. They will both tell you their backsides will get busted. But I haven't had to bust my oldest in about 3 yrs, but he still remembers the last one and don't want another one. But he is a great young man and my youngest son thinks he hung the moon. This serves as a good role model for him as well.

Put the paddle back in the schools and a lot of problems go away.....

SideBurnWillie
10-04-2006, 01:56 PM
I remember one time. One of my boys was in a little fight in the second grade, where he was taking up for a kid that was getting picked on. The principal called and said that he would have ISS. I told her that I don't approve of fighting, but he is not getting ISS, that he needed his butt busted. Her answer was oh I can't do that. And I said oh but you can you have my permission. He did get his butt busted not by the principal but by his teacher. The ole paddle does need to be back in the classroom and the ole word respect would return. Coach Crockett busted my butt back in the 70's one time. And one from him, you would walk a straight line from then on. It didn't hurt me in the long run, I mean look the only thing wrong with me now is an addiction to the downlow. :D