PDA

View Full Version : The Life of Phil C

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I have to keep reminding you this is 3A high school football thread! I have seen threads on high school and college basketball here lately and so little on football! There have been threads on college baseball and the economy and even on old movies! Hello - 3A high school football here. There have even been posts about women's college soccer recruiting for crying out loud! Shame on all of you!!:mad:-Phil C

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
We have won 47 NCs in all sports at UT. Very nice indeed.
http://cache.texassports.com//image_lib/wsw_1991champs_092506_400.jpg

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I have seen other threads and some are even already looking ahead to OU next week.
Please beware. We must stay focused. Those in Austin support our team and encourage them. This game isn't going to be a Halloween carnival. We must be ready. We can worry about OU next week.
SHSU almost won the semis in division 2 football 2 years ago. And I have already told you how dangerous Hicks and Bomar are. Hicks led Bandera to the State Championship in Division 2 3A in 2002. That increases the risk.

Also other things not pointed out is that some of the SHSU players would possible make the UT third or fourth string and these guys have got to play and gel together as a team which makes it more dangerous indeed. Very Scary indeed.
Just look at this year. They have already scored 38 points in one game this year and have not lost since the first "official" day of fall this year.
Don't forget they scored 14 points against powerful SMU this year. Remember SMU has had great teams in the past and been highly ranked and was at one time ranked No. 1 in 1950. Very scary indeed!

So let's not look ahead and stay focused! We must be confident but also cautious, careful and calm.

Don't be discouraged though. If we play well we can win this game. Go Horns! Beat the Kats! Hook 'em!

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 11:16 AM
It will be on from 5:00 A.M. to 6:30 A.M. I know that is early but you can set your VCRs. If you set it on the slow mode (EP) you can catch three movies if you set it to 11:30 A.M. You will need a vidio that has 8 hours to get them all. Besides Dawn at Socorro you can catch No Name on the Bullet with Audie Murphy as the first Good Bad Guy before Clint, then you can get Night Passage with James Stewart, Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea. Then last you can catch The Last Commant with Sterling Hayden as Jim Bowie in another great movie about the Alamo with the catch being that it turns out Santa Anna and Jim Bowie were good friends before the Texas revolution. A great day indeed.

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Just go to this thread...after about post #30 it gets great:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50316&highlight=spurs+and+vince

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks Bill for gracing us w/ you wise and promising post!

Phil C
10-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Thank you everyone. This is very humbling indeed to be well thought of by such outstanding people. I am speachless uh writerless! Tears of joy and happiness indeed. :(

PPHSfan
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Phil

The King Loves You Man.

Emerson1
10-04-2006, 07:34 PM
He could be making up half the stuff he says and none of us would ever know.

Phil C
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He could be making up half the stuff he says and none of us would ever know.

Check the history records. In fact it is of great praise to you to consider checking up on me to see if what I say isn't so.

Emerson1
10-04-2006, 07:51 PM
I'll take your word for it.

Phil C
10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'll take your word for it.

Thank you Em! You are a wise person indeed! :clap: