PDA

View Full Version : The Movie "Facing the Giants"

4x100jackets
10-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Have you seen this movie? ..Very powerful. Every football coach must see.

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 10:09 AM
no but i've seen the movie "Facing the Buckeye"...

typical movie, stud qb, amazing wide reciever, program just got out of a big scandal...

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Too bad "Facing the Giants" got a PG rating for "explicit Christian content". :crazy:

pirate44
03-12-2007, 01:32 PM
there are 4 threads on this movie so i decided to post on the first one. awful acting, writing, etc. etc. but its a good movie none-the-less. inspirational for miracle believers.

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Too bad "Facing the Giants" got a PG rating for "explicit Christian content". :crazy:

In the words of Adrian Monk,"I just LOL'd.....out loud."

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
there are 4 threads on this movie so i decided to post on the first one. awful acting, writing, etc. etc. but its a good movie none-the-less. inspirational for miracle believers. LOL - so, the acting & writing was awful, but is was STILL a good movie??? :confused:

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL - so, the acting & writing was awful, but is was STILL a good movie??? :confused: if youve ever seen the original "Ocean's 11" you'll know what i mean. but in this case it wasn't "fun" as much as it was "inspirational"

Gobbla2001
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
LOL - so, the acting & writing was awful, but is was STILL a good movie??? :confused:

not impossible...

you are confused too easily :thinking:

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
if youve ever seen the original "Ocean's 11" you'll know what i mean. but in this case it wasn't "fun" as much as it was "inspirational" :thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmm

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
not impossible...

you are confused too easily :thinking:

LOL - sometimes I am, this time I'm just giving FOFO a hard time

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
as if i was runnin low on 'em and needed a few more

Gobbla2001
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM

don't raise your voice at me

injuredinmelee
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
My thoughts about this movie....

God does not care who wins football games. He cares about the lives of those that fear (biblical term look it up for the meaning) and love him. HE blesses you but I refuse to believe he will bless you with football talent so you can "win the big one". This movie was so poorly written and poorly acted i fell asleep 5 times. IT took me over 2 weeks to get through the entire thing without falling asleep or becoming so disgusted with the "GAYNESS" factor.

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

God does not care who wins football games. He cares about the lives of those that fear (biblical term look it up for the meaning) and love him. HE blesses you but I refuse to believe he will bless you with football talent so you can "win the big one". This movie was so poorly written and poorly acted i fell asleep 5 times. IT took me over 2 weeks to get through the entire thing without falling asleep or becoming so disgusted with the "GAYNESS" factor.
this movie wasnt about God giving someone the big win because of their belief. it was about praising Him no matter what the outcome and facing fears. but then again, it was poorly written which left it open to interpretation. i think i would have had them lose the final game.

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
this movie wasnt about God giving someone the big win because of their belief. it was about praising Him no matter what the outcome and facing fears. but then again, it was poorly written which left it open to interpretation. i think i would have had them lose the final game.

well thanks for that! :rolleyes:

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
well thanks for that! :rolleyes:
for what?

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
If a movie has bad writing AND bad acting..I dont care if the message is gold, i will not be able to watch it

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If a movie has bad writing AND bad acting..I dont care if the message is gold, i will not be able to watch it AMEN!

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
AMEN!
thats what they said

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
If a movie has bad writing AND bad acting..I dont care if the message is gold, i will not be able to watch it
the movie isnt for "movie buffs". its for inspiration.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM

no doubt..i was just saying..If i cant get into the story because the writing or acting (especially both!!) is so bad i notice it, then I will not be able to get into the message

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM

ugh - the worst kind

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
ugh - the worst kind
one of the greatest movies of all time "Hoosiers" was all about inspiration. in fact most all sports related movies, including football are inspirational. the only thing different here is the Christian theme.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
one of the greatest movies of all time "Hoosiers" was all about inspiration. in fact most all sports related movies, including football are inspirational. the only thing different here is the Christian theme.

difference IMO was that Hoosiers had good acting and solid writing

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
difference IMO was that Hoosiers had good acting and solid writing no doubt, but my point with "Hoosiers" was in relation to the comment by p4s when she said inspirational movies are the worst kind.

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
no doubt, but my point with "Hoosiers" was in relation to the comment by p4s when she said inspirational movies are the worst kind. yeah, when you have someone trying to make these movies to make you feel something and they fail miserably?? You can't tell me the writing was bad, the acting was bad, but it is still a good movie. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Was it so bad that you couldn't stop watching? I hate those movies b/c at the end of the movie I am not only mad at the idiots who wasted the film, but mad at myself for not walking away from trash!

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah, when you have someone trying to make these movies to make you feel something and they fail miserably?? You can't tell me the writing was bad, the acting was bad, but it is still a good movie. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Was it so bad that you couldn't stop watching? I hate those movies b/c at the end of the movie I am not only mad at the idiots who wasted the film, but mad at myself for not walking away from trash!
so what is it? do you hate inspirational movies or just bad acting? you said inspirational movies were the worst.

trust me, they arent trying to fool anyone by saying this is an academy award winner. you can watch the first few scenes and tell that. but some people enjoy inspirational movies. and thats who they are catering to.
i can listen to a stuttering, stage frightened person tell an inspirational story about themselves and i would be genuinely touched. the fact he was a poor speaker wouldnt make the message fail miserably. its not the wrapping paper people enjoy, its what's in the package. this isnt a movie for everyone.

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
This movie would not be for me....unless you threw is some decapitations or some gruesome monsters or a few serial killers inbetween Amens.

Oh and throw in some slapstick comedy while we are at it. ;)

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:51 PM
so what is it? do you hate inspirational movies or just bad acting? you said inspirational movies were the worst.

trust me, they arent trying to fool anyone by saying this is an academy award winner. you can watch the first few scenes and tell that. but some people enjoy inspirational movies. and thats who they are catering to.
i can listen to a stuttering, stage frightened person, a very poor speaker, tell an inspirational story about themselves and i would be genuinely touched. its not the wrapping paper people enjoy, its what's in the package. this isnt a movie for everyone.

I hate inspirational movies that have bad acting/writing, etc...THOSE are the worst. In fact, even if it isn't billed as an "inspirational" movie and the acting/writing is bad then, yeah all of those pretty much blow. Sorry, if I wasn't clear.

EDITED to ADD: UNLESS it is so bad that you are laughing throughout the entire film (see 28 days) then it's okay b/c at least I'm laughing. ;)

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I hate inspirational movies that have bad acting/writing, etc...THOSE are the worst. In fact, even if it isn't billed as an "inspirational" movie and the acting/writing is bad then, yeah all of those pretty much blow. Sorry, if I wasn't clear.
how many poor acting inspirational movies have you watched to come to that conclusion?

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
how many poor acting inspirational movies have you watched to come to that conclusion?

One - it has forever tarnished all inspirational movies for me!!

pirate44
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
One - it has forever tarnished all inspirational movies for me!!

LOL.

im just giving you back that hard time you were giving me

BuffyMars
I can't think of one inspirational movie off of the top of my head. :thinking: I mean I am sure I have seen some....but.....maybe I am not so easily inspired or motivated. :confused:

pirate44
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I can't think of one inspirational movie off of the top of my head. :thinking: I mean I am sure I have seen some....but.....maybe I am not so easily inspired or motivated. :confused:
youve never seen karate kid??? :D

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
LOL.

im just giving you back that hard time you were giving me

I know. ;) I win!! :p :p :D

pirate44
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
i wanted to kick people left and right for a week after watching that one

Gobbla2001
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
the last movie I was inspired by I forget the name of... it was kind of a documentary by some new guy on the scene, Al Gore?

if anyone has ever heard of this movie give me the name, I want to order it...

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM

LMAO - it's cause you watch a bunch of horror flicks. Nothing inspirational there unless you are the last man/women standing.

carter08
03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
the last movie I was inspired by I forget the name of... it was kind of a documentary by some new guy on the scene, Al Gore?

Was it about the enviroment or something like that?

Gobbla2001
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Was it about the enviroment or something like that?

yah, had some ice and water and stuff in it... pretty neat... those parts kinda made me thirsty though, so I had to get up and go get something to drink...

pirate44
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM

is this it??

http://www.glennbeck.com/picoftheday/03-12-07-pod.jpg

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM

Yes, but that movie deprsses me now.

Mr. Miagi is dead....what is inspirational about a dead japanese karate sensei? :crying:

pirate44
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes, but that movie deprsses me now.

Mr. Miagi is dead
what??!!:eek: who killed Miagi???

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
is this it??

http://www.glennbeck.com/picoftheday/03-12-07-pod.jpg

:doh: :doh:

LMAO

:nerd: :D

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
what??!!:eek: who killed Miagi???

God did..u know the guy the Facing the Giants movie is about..some inspiration. I guess he got jealous of the crane kick

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
God did..u know the guy the Facing the Giants movie is about..some inspiration. I guess he got jealous of the crane kick

ROFLMAO! :evillol: OMG - that is some funny stuff right there!! :clap:

wedo
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Man you took the words right out of my mouth! I just watched this movie last night and found myself laughing at most of the movie. Not at the fact that it was a christian movie but when everyone "found God" it was really corny and couldn't help but laugh! It would be ok for a youth football team to watch. Maybe

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Not at the fact that it was a christian movie but when everyone "found God" it was really corny and couldn't help but laugh! It would be ok for a youth football team to watch. Maybe
Mr. Miagi found God..and died

centexgobbler
03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
The movie was made by a church and by the students that attend their school. The acting is poor, and so is the writing. The original intent of the movie was for it to be distributed to other churches--only. It was made on a budget of $100,000. I took my kids to see it and they really liked it. It will not win any awards, it was not designed to. It is about faith.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Since when is God bringing a group of people together lame or corny? Many people look at the Bible the exact same way and are unwilling to accept the power of God. Sure, it is all a work of fiction, but the whole point of the movie was to demonstrate that the power and guidance of God can change people for the better, not win state championships in football. That's just my opinion about it, and the movie made me inspect my life a little more closely, and that's what it was supposed to do.