PDA

View Full Version : Ags/Jayhawks?

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Kansas is playing really really good football, anybody thinks A&M can somehow muster up a win?

Old Tiger
10-04-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm gonna take the Jayhawks

PPHSfan
10-04-2006, 08:09 AM
If Kansas loses it will be in overtime:D

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
As good as the Jayhawks are playing, I don't forsee the Ags losing this one.

KTJ
10-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
As good as the Jayhawks are playing, I don't forsee the Ags losing this one.

Didn't you say that about the Tech game?

:p

greenpride
10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Ags already making excuses for poor play this past weekend. McGee's first pass was completed to a defender laying on the ground.....went downhill from there. Poor coaching has really left the team with little direction. You are only as good as your coach allows you to be, and when you are put in bad situations, bad outcomes usually will happen. Martellus Bennett has said he goes to class "the back way" to dodge any criticism from other students. Mangino will easily outcoach Fran and his buddies; just a matter if he has the talent to get the job done.

raider red 2000
10-04-2006, 08:58 AM
where is that game at?

on TV???

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
where is that game at?

on TV???
Think its in Lawrence, not sure if its televised or not

KTJ
10-04-2006, 09:17 AM
It's on FSN.

AggieJohn
10-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Didn't you say that about the Tech game?

:p no i predicted a tech win

eagles_victory
10-04-2006, 09:42 AM
if its in lawerence im going with kansas by a touchdown.

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I think it could be close till the third qtr if the Aggie O line is on.

coach
10-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by greenpride
Ags already making excuses for poor play this past weekend. McGee's first pass was completed to a defender laying on the ground.....went downhill from there. Poor coaching has really left the team with little direction. You are only as good as your coach allows you to be, and when you are put in bad situations, bad outcomes usually will happen. Martellus Bennett has said he goes to class "the back way" to dodge any criticism from other students. Mangino will easily outcoach Fran and his buddies; just a matter if he has the talent to get the job done.

mangino might out eat fran but not out coach if this was basketball it would be a different story i got the ags by two tds in this one they are goin to take there anger out on the jayhawks who are playin above there level while last week a&m played below theres

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Think Mangino bleeds gravy when he is cut?

3afan
10-04-2006, 12:09 PM
this will be a good game to watch .....

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Sure, Kansas is playing well considering the competition they've played. But after seeing Nebraska for the second time this year, I'm more convinced than ever that thye may be the most overrated team in the nation. And the Jayhawks just barely beat Louisiana-Monroe and Southern Florida (who, really isn't a bad team), then lost to Toledo. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THEY LOST TO THE ROCKETS!!! At least Army has a couple of national titles and a former NFL head coach to brag on.

After coming home from the Tech/A&M game to watch that one, it was obvious that neither of those teams (Nebraska OR Kansas) would compete in the Big XII South. Which is sad, because the South is down like Monica Lewinsky.

This game won't be close.

TAMU 35
Kansas 10

And my other fearless prediction, McGee is taken out of the game in the second quarter after suffering his fourth concussion of the game.

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Sure, Kansas is playing well considering the competition they've played. But after seeing Nebraska for the second time this year, I'm more convinced than ever that thye may be the most overrated team in the nation. And the Jayhawks just barely beat Louisiana-Monroe and Southern Florida (who, really isn't a bad team), then lost to Toledo. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THEY LOST TO THE ROCKETS!!! At least Army has a couple of national titles and a former NFL head coach to brag on.

After coming home from the Tech/A&M game to watch that one, it was obvious that neither of those teams (Nebraska OR Kansas) would compete in the Big XII South. Which is sad, because the South is down like Monica Lewinsky.

This game won't be close.

TAMU 35
Kansas 10

And my other fearless prediction, McGee is taken out of the game in the second quarter after suffering his fourth concussion of the game.
I hope your right but I think KU takes this one by @ 12 points

g$$
10-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I am to the point, unfortunately, where the Ags have to hit rock bottom to force changes. I mean rock bottom, like 6-6 bottom. I still say the magic # is 8 wins w/ 1 signature win for Fran to keep his job. I hope the big $$ alums have seen enough of this regime. I know I have for sure!

Kansas in a close one...
KU 27
Ags 24

Gsquared
10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I am to the point, unfortunately, where the Ags have to hit rock bottom to force changes. I mean rock bottom, like 6-6 bottom. I still say the magic # is 8 wins w/ 1 signature win for Fran to keep his job. I hope the big $$ alums have seen enough of this regime. I know I have for sure!

Kansas in a close one...
KU 27
Ags 24
8 wins is going to be hard for the Aggies to get. However, I think the Aggies are just good enough to sneak up and steal one from one of the big boys. Frans just doesnt have a grip on this program. He has had some pretty good recruits but I think he is losing some to TCU and Tech that A&M used to get, and thats hurting. Also, I dont think A&M knows what they want to do on offense. Gotta pick an MO and make it your staple.

big daddy russ
10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I hope your right but I think KU takes this one by @ 12 points
I like Mangino as a coach and I really think he's coached those kids into playing above their potential, which is opposite of what Fran's done to the kids in Aggieland. Mangino is up there with Kirk Ferentz, IMO, in his ability to get the most out of very little talent.

On that note, if McGee doesn't hemorrhage all over the field and if Fran stops running Jovorskie on 3rd and 22 (which may or may not happen) I can't see A&M losing.

Bulldog_12
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Im still sitcking with the Ags to win 9 games. I think they win this game, not by a whole lot, but at this point ill take a W. My game that I think is a toss up is Mizzou. I dont really know what to expect. They have played crap competition so far, so I am excited to see what they do with Tech. I dont know that Fran will get that signature win or not. I really dont see us beating texas and possibly OU. Im with Russ and agree that NU is soooooo overrated, so I think there is a chance we can win that one at home.

Back to the original reason for the post. Ags win in Lawrence by 10. TOP in favor of the Ags, 40-20.

g$$
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
God I love your optimism, but sorry I can't agree on the Ags. I see 6 maybe 7 wins. I also believe Mangino is a coach who gets a lot out of his kids. Just think of the former OU assistants that now are HCs:

Mike Stoops = Arizona
Mangino = Kansas
Leach = Tech
Chuck Long = San Diego St.

There may be more I am missing from the K State / OU connection most of these guys came thru under Bill Snyder. Impressive!

PPHSfan
10-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Maybe it's time for the coaches, alumni, students, and fans, to stop codling the aggies, and expect them to play like they NEED to win.

Bulldog_12
10-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Im not as worried as everyone else jumping off of cliffs is. I see a team that was leading a team they were picked to lose to until there were 28 seconds to go in the game. The coverage was there, Harrell just put the ball where it needed to be. Credit Tech on that one. Im not sold on the cliff jumping just yet. Ill wait at least another week or two, I wanna see how we handle KU and Mizzou.