PDA

View Full Version : WOW

mwynn05
08-18-2002, 12:10 AM
wow our varsity (Fairfield) looked VERY impressive tonight with the lightsey bros at tha linebacker spots and rb and fb on offense i predict a MUCH better season than last years (0-10) possibly even a playoff birth but it will be tough in the new 8 team district and we have a young team again most of the starters being jrs and sophs what about some other teams in region 3 or district 19 3a

Bulldog92
08-18-2002, 12:28 AM
That's cool, mwynn. Everyone likes to see a team that goes 0-10 look better, but it's way early to be predicting playoffs. Do yourself a favor and stay awake in English class. We all love football here, but it won't get you very far unless you're some all-world football player. Welcome to the board and have a great season.

mwynn05
08-18-2002, 12:34 AM
well im saying that cuz tha district is really only 2 teams deep...

Old Cardinal
08-18-2002, 11:28 AM
To Mwynn 05, Glad to hear your team is doing better, good luck!. Mwynn05, you are breaking all the rules of the English language. Please keep writing on the message board, but try to use "because" instead of "cuz" and "you people" instead of "u ppl". Avoid all abbreviations for right now. If your English teacher can't help you, find another College Graduate outside of your public school and ask them to help you learn grammar and spelling. I think that it is great to see you guys communicating on the internet, but until you get a grip on better writing skills, you are limiting your job future. You can upgrade your skills, we are all pulling for you! You have to follow certain rules in football; likewise, there are certain writing rules that you must learn to be a winner, in that field also.

Bulldog92
08-18-2002, 12:20 PM
I thought I was harsh by even bringing that up, Old Card. See...the way I learned English was to really pay attention when I was younger (grades 3-6) and blow it off like everyone else once I got to high school. The thing is that I remembered everything when I needed it, so it didn't matter if I paid attention or not. Once you get it down and use it, you remember it. Remember, Mwynn, you have to pass to play. Mastery of your own language will get you a lot farther than football. Trust us on that...

mwynn05
08-18-2002, 12:31 PM
I don't have to worry about passing i make A's and some B's i just dont use correct grammar online

Goat70
08-18-2002, 12:34 PM
I was just curious who did fairfield scrimmage.

mwynn05
08-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Grapeland i no there not the best team in tha world but we completly dominated them

Old Cardinal
08-18-2002, 09:33 PM
We will be pulling for Fairfield, keep us informed as the season progresses. You sound like a very nice young man, glad you choose to play football.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited August 18, 2002).]

Big Tarp 74
08-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Old Cardinal, how is everything. Wanted to give you an update on Port Isabel. They looked better than I expected. Edcouch Elsa
is a class 4A school. EE is a senior ball club this year, while PI is very young and a class 3A school. PI only had about 25 players on varsity. I noticed before the game, that the coach brought up several JV players. PI managed to stop this big ball club. EE had two very large and fast linebacker. They would stop our running game, but had trouble with our passing game. As for the defensive team of PI's they did a good job of controlling them. EE-did win. The final was 3 to 1. I noticed that Mercedes scouts, could not figure out how PI ripped such a large hole in the center of the EE defensive line. A hug gapping hole of about 25 yard just opened in the center of EE line. The 2 big linebackers were so stunned that both linebacker flowed to each side line. The quarterback of PI started dancing, he did not know weather to run or throw. He just took off running. PI did not run that play again. But what a hole. I never saw such a shocked team. EE could never get back into the game after that. It was like, they were trying to figure out how that happen. The other scouts that I was sitting next to said that this play was the best blocking by a Offensive line that he has seen in quite some time. It shook up the linebackers from EE. They were very worried what we would do next. EE- won this 3 to 1, but not after haven taken some pretty good shots from our defensive unit. Have to give them credit. I still think they are very young, but played a good game.

Old Cardinal
08-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Sounds like P.I. just might be returning to the ole GLORY days. Good blocking and tackle is what it's all about....Taking on a stiff 4A never hurt anyone in a scrimmage-keep us informed like the Fairfield bunch are planning to do.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited August 19, 2002).]