PDA

View Full Version : Calhoun vs Sinton

GreenMachine
10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Any predictions? Work with someone who said the Crabs will whoop the Pirates! :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
10-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Any predictions? Work with someone who said the Crabs will whoop the Pirates! :eek:

after the past 2 weeks... nothin surprises me anymore... but i will say they will have to work very hard for every point they score on sinton

Maroon87
10-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I hate to say it but I think the Crabs will get the "W"...:nerd:

SintonFan
10-04-2006, 01:01 AM
I think Sinton can win this game. PLC runs 95% of the time and Sinton's strength is their run defense. No one has consistently run on the Pirate's defense. The Sandcrabs do have a good running attack so this will be a big test for the Pirates. PLC's defense hasn't been talked about much but they are looking pretty good there, too. If Sinton can have the same effort they had against Robstown or any of the earlier opponents they will be fine.
Pirates by 7.:)

IHStangFan
10-04-2006, 01:02 AM
depends on if Sinton can stop that 6'4" linebacker PLC has at the QB position. Here's a tip, dont turn the ball over 5 times in the 2nd half...you will lose something like....41 to 16 or somewhere real close to that :D no wait, that was us. I think if Sinton can avoid turnovers and slow down PLC's QB, they can manage a W. Otherwise it will be a long night, as they will run it right down your throat and keep doing it until you prove you can stop them.

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Yea, I also hear that quarterback for the Crabs will run it down your throat....and make you like it! :D

IHStangFan
10-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Yea, I also hear that quarterback for the Crabs will run it down your throat....and make you like it! :D yup, seen it first hand as he did it repeatedly to my tired Mustangs D as they spent most of the 2nd half of that game on the field due to constant turnovers everytime the O got the ball :(

SintonFan
10-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Yea, I also hear that quarterback for the Crabs will run it down your throat....and make you like it! :D
lol
If they are THAT good why aint Cuero playing them?!?:p :p ;)

IHStangFan
10-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
If they are THAT good why aint Cuero playing them?!?:p :p ;) theyre decent, the QB is what makes them dangerous. I think if Ingleside wouldnt have turned the ball over 5000 times in the second half, It would have been a different game. Not saying Ingleside would have won, but it'd of been a contest. I dont think they are in a league w/ Cuero. Just got lucky against the Stangs, which I doubt will happen against Sinton. Hell, Needville kicked the crap outa PLC a few weeks back.

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 01:25 AM
lol
If they are THAT good why aint Cuero playing them?!?:p :p ;) Not quite ready for the BIG TIME :D

SintonFan
10-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
theyre decent, the QB is what makes them dangerous. I think if Ingleside wouldnt have turned the ball over 5000 times in the second half, It would have been a different game. Not saying Ingleside would have won, but it'd of been a contest. I dont think they are in a league w/ Cuero. Just got lucky against the Stangs, which I doubt will happen against Sinton. Hell, Needville kicked the crap outa PLC a few weeks back.
Needville has a really good team this year.
Sinton had 5 fumbles against Robstown last week. We lost to a pretty good team there(*gasp* did I say that? lol).
I do think Sinton can and should beat PLC but won't compare scores here. If the Pirates come away with a victory all this would just prove the whole "apples to oranges" thingy. Ingleside's one bad game won't diminish they being a favorite for district. I think we should all be concerned about OG and scout them ASAP. ;) :D

SintonFan
10-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Not quite ready for the BIG TIME :D
lol What did your co-worker say about how they would do against Cuero? Come on.. COME ON. Stuff like that get's thrown about all the time. I'm curious.:cool:

IHStangFan
10-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Needville has a really good team this year.
Sinton had 5 fumbles against Robstown last week. We lost to a pretty good team there(*gasp* did I say that? lol).
I do think Sinton can and should beat PLC but won't compare scores here. If the Pirates come away with a victory all this would just prove the whole "apples to oranges" thingy. Ingleside's one bad game won't diminish they being a favorite for district. I think we should all be concerned about OG and scout them ASAP. ;) :D yeah, the whole so and so beat so and so, and so we will beat them thing is not exactly an accurate way to gauge your opp. I totally agree w/ you on OG, but then again, watch out for AP, I am hearing some things. The district is going to be interesting to say the least this year.

SintonFan
10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
yeah, the whole so and so beat so and so, and so we will beat them thing is not exactly an accurate way to gauge your opp. I totally agree w/ you on OG, but then again, watch out for AP, I am hearing some things. The district is going to be interesting to say the least this year.
If we forget about AP then AP PantherFan might make our life miserable here. Heck, isn't Mathis jelling, too?:thinking: :confused:

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 01:37 AM
lol What did your co-worker say about how they would do against Cuero? Come on.. COME ON. Stuff like that get's thrown about all the time. I'm curious.:cool: He said that they would kick Cuero's a$$....in washer pitching! :D

SintonFan
10-04-2006, 01:41 AM
He said that they would kick Cuero's a$$....in washer pitching! :D
:eek: :p
"Honesty is always the best policy"...:p
you know he was talking smack. lol

99IHSMustang
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
PLC's QB and RB are both a threat from what I saw. They might take the same approach offensively that they did against Ingleside. They ran the option big time. They also ran a good 2 minute drill which is why they scored with about 2 mins left before the half when they played us.

pirate4state
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
depends on if Sinton can stop that 6'4" linebacker PLC has at the QB position. Here's a tip, dont turn the ball over 5 times in the 2nd half...you will lose something like....41 to 16 or somewhere real close to that :D no wait, that was us. I think if Sinton can avoid turnovers and slow down PLC's QB, they can manage a W. Otherwise it will be a long night, as they will run it right down your throat and keep doing it until you prove you can stop them.

Don't turn the ball over 5 times - got it! :thumbsup: It will be a long night, regardless just b/c we have to drive to Pt. Lavaca! :D

Our defense is gonna have to come up BIG in this game, if our offense can give them sufficient time off the field, then I think Sinton can win.

I'll reserve a score predicition until Friday morning.

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 09:27 AM
:eek: :p
"Honesty is always the best policy"...:p
you know he was talking smack. lol Hope my buddy doesn't choke on all that smack :D However, what if the Crabs back up his smack :thinking:

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
What's the word from Phil? :thinking:

pirate4state
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
What's the word from Phil? :thinking: He is doing research on Port Lavaca from 1930 to the present date. ;) I expect his report sometime before Friday! :)

AP Panther Fan
10-04-2006, 02:41 PM
If we forget about AP then AP PantherFan might make our life miserable here.

Darn right Buddy! :D

Here's the link to the Port Lavaca/Ingleside game (http://www.portlavacawave.com/articles/2006/10/02/sports/news/sports01.txt) . Russ should recognize the author.

Whoever said we shouldn't discount Orange Grove is fairly accurate...you can always count on a good game from them. That town, the people and football program impress me.

In the meantime, I will hope for a Sinton win this week....it's all good (until you play us). I will look forward to Phil's report!:D

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
He is doing research on Port Lavaca from 1930 to the present date. ;) I expect his report sometime before Friday! :) Well, I always look forward to Phil's knowledgeable reports. I expect a very thorough one with the time he is taking :D

piratebg
10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know if this game is going to be on the radio? I won't be near a computer so someone get back to me with some info.

Phil C
10-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Sinton wins by 7 in a tough defensive game.

crabman
10-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Calhoun lost the 3A state FINAL in 1960 to Brownwood 26-6. I am not sure they have had a winning record since. Pretty sad during the last 30 years or so.

BTW Cuero used to regularly schedule Calhoun. Always spanked them.

sinfan75
10-05-2006, 04:35 AM
I was gonna pick Sinton in this game, but heard some troubling news. Gotta go with PLC by 12.

piratebg
10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Whats got ya spooked? This mornings Caller Times says that Sinton has 10 injured players. Anyone have any idea who is gonna be out this Friday?

pirate4state
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Whats got ya spooked? This mornings Caller Times says that Sinton has 10 injured players. Anyone have any idea who is gonna be out this Friday? Honestly, I say sit them out. No sense in aggrevating an injury or making it worse by playing in a pre-district game. We've already had our bye week. The next 5 weeks are what counts and we'll need them healthy.

piratebg
10-05-2006, 09:48 AM
So does anyone know who is hurt? Chris Goetzel hurt something last week, and I haven't heard anything on him or the O-lineman that was also hurt against Robstown.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2006, 01:04 PM
still with the injury i think Sinton puts up another shutout on the road. Sinton 13 PLC 0. Pirates are struggling to win at home, to much good home cooking on Fridays.

pirate4state
10-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
still with the injury i think Sinton puts up another shutout on the road. Sinton 13 PLC 0. Pirates are struggling to win at home, to much good home cooking on Fridays. I like your thinking SintonFan_inAustin!! :thumbsup:

If you haven't picked up a San Pat (all you locals) do it...I think Mitchell makes some interesting points. :clap: Sometimes people just need to be reminded of things. ;)

Phil C
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Sinton has had more injuries that usual this year and we need to just rest the players and do the best we can without them so they can heal and be ready for district. Port Lavaca is doing great this year and I told you earlier in the year they would be good just like I told you about Robstown being better this year and of course Beeville. Remember Coach Davenport coached in Port Lavaca for several years and these players have benefited from the training and discipline he instilled while he was there. Port Lavaca has had good teams in the past. I remember in the mid 1970s when I lived in Kingsville that we went to play them in Port Lavaca and Kingsville were heavy favorites. This was the first game of the season. Well let me tell you that Port Lavaca team was tough. I think the game went like this: In the first quarter we moved the ball and scored and kicked the extra point and it was 7 to 0. Right away Port Lavaca moved the ball down the field and scored a td but missed the extra point so it was 7 to 7. We got the ball and moved deep in their territory but couldn't get a td but got a field goal so it was 10 to 6. After these scores the game became a defensive duel most of the rest of the game until the law few minutes.
Port Lavaca got a drive going and go to the Kingsville 6 yard line with just a few seconds left with time left for one last play. They had to get a td since they were 4 points behind. The QB dropped back to pass and then threw it to a reciever near the back of the endzone. Time ran out so this play was it. The receiver caught the ball as he was running out of bounds. An official was right on top of the play. It was either he caught it in bounds and Port Lavaca win or he was not in bounds thus an incompletion and Kingsville wins. The stadium held it's breath and then the officials signaled incomplete that he was out of bounds.
The Kingsville Coach saw the films and commented "It was a very close call. If he had called it in bounds we wouldn't have protested it."

A scary game indeed showing the Port Lavaca is tough.

Phil C
10-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I still say Sinton will win a close one.

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember in the mid 1970s I think the game went like this:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't even remember what happened yesterday half the time...Phil, you amaze me!:D

pirate4state
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't even remember what happened yesterday half the time...Phil, you amaze me!:D Right? I wanna know if you have a notebook with all these stories Phil or if you really do remember all that stuff. :thinking:

Phil C
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Right? I wanna know if you have a notebook with all these stories Phil or if you really do remember all that stuff. :thinking:

I remember. When needed I do research. It is good to remember.

Now where did I lay down my diet sprite?

:confused: :(

Phil C
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Wait! There it is on the table. :)

pirate4state
10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember. When needed I do research. It is good to remember.

Now where did I lay down my diet sprite?

:confused: :(

:clap: ROFL!!!

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Hope my buddy doesn't choke on all that smack :D However, what if the Crabs back up his smack :thinking:
Well, I've mentioned this before but not here. If PLC and Robstown both make the playoffs this year I'd start digging a bomb shelter because I'd say it's a sign of the impending apocalypse.:(
Not saying they can't or won't beat Sinton, but it's been a bizarro year of sorts so far.:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
10-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Well, I've mentioned this before but not here. If PLC and Robstown both make the playoffs this year I'd start digging a bomb shelter because I'd say it's a sign of the impending apocalypse.:(
Not saying they can't or won't beat Sinton, but it's been a bizarro year of sorts so far.:confused:

Taft will make the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
now lets not overdue it
:D

Gobbler Fan
10-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm still having a hard time believing Port Lavaca and tough are being used in the same sentence .I guess I'll have to take up my cousin's offer and go see the Crab's IF they beat Sinton .

Go Sandcrab's :rolleyes:

GetRDoneStangs
10-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Go Sandcrab's

Nothin against the folks from Sinton....I will be checking on this one as soon as Sweetwater wins #600!!!! ( Ok, as u know I am a Calhoun Sandcrab by birth..!!!..Sweetwater Mustang by choice!)

GO SANDCRABS !!!!!!

SintonFan
10-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Shut........... up!!!!
:mad: :p :D
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!! :clap:

GreenMachine
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Crab's q-back is unstoppable, so I hear. Port Lavaca people are sniffing a W :eek: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Crab's q-back is unstoppable, so I hear. Port Lavaca people are sniffing a W :eek: :D

well see, if all he does is run he is in for a long night;)

Phil C
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
The Crab QB may be the next Vince Young. Go Pirates!

pirate4state
10-06-2006, 03:31 PM
GOOD LUCK SINTON PIRATES!!!

Sinton by 6.

Everyone have a safe trip to your game!!