PDA

View Full Version : what is going on at burnet on saturday?

deeone
11-12-2003, 02:00 PM
i heard that the coach at burnet wanted to play on friday. I also heard he even tried changing the game time on saturday from 6pm to 2 pm. What is going on over there that they dont want to play on saturday night.

Burnet '94
11-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Texas plays tech sat @6pm. The Shipley's wanted to go to the game.

southern_thunder
11-12-2003, 02:58 PM
I would think it has more to do with the later you play on Saturday the less time you have to prepare for the next game. Especially since the team that they will play next will have a full day more to prepare because they are playing on Friday.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Burnet '94:
Texas plays tech sat @6pm. The Shipley's wanted to go to the game....you're joking, right???? :rolleyes:

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Coach Shipley is a team player in every sense of the word. The schools drama department sceduled their big musical several months ago for this Saturday night. Coach Shipley was trying to accomodate them. He thought he had a verbal agreement with the Somerset Coach to play on Friday night. Somerset backed out on the deal at the last minute, putting Shipley in a bad spot. He wound up having to flip for the site and date, and lost the coin tosses. Imagine that! If he had just agreed to play on Saturday in the 1st place, we probably could have been the home team, and picked our time. I really admire him for showing being unselfish, and showing some character. What an example for the team and students here in Burnet. Other schools coaches (and administrators) could learn from his example...

Rabdad
11-12-2003, 03:33 PM
YOU MEAN IT!!!
He actually LOST the coin toss.

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 03:49 PM
YEP! But you also know that he WON every toss last year, and we wound up coming up short at state, so..... this could be the start of something big....! :D :D :D