PDA

View Full Version : RANGERMOM (concerning BASKETBALL)

Wtx_coach
12-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Hey RANGERMOM, I was wandering if you know anything about what happened in the grrenwood vs, kermit game, I heard there was a bench clearing brawl and they stopped the game at the end of the 1st quarter, was just wandering if you know anything about what happened!!

kaorder1999
12-16-2003, 01:41 AM
here we go...comeo n Ranger Mom..answer him...i want to see what Jacket2000 has to say about the issue...hehe

Green Ranger
12-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Again, this is one of those topics that should remain off of this forum. As far as the game, both teams were asked to leave the tournament and did so. Both teams were given a forfiet and a loss on their records. As far as action to the players who left the bench I am unaware of, I do know UIL is aware of the situation and I believe was sent a version or two of the incident that was video taped. The Rangerettes, who were injury ridden took third in the tournament defeating the Lady Jackets. No please let issue go, it is being taken care of by the proper people.

DogDoc
12-16-2003, 09:32 AM
It was girls?

Ranger Mom
12-16-2003, 09:35 AM
No, it was the boys!

Wtx_coach
12-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Are you trying to say this topic should be ignored on this board, oh come on rangerfans, first of all i was just asking what had happened, but you guys really were not saying that when everyone kept on throwing in their comments about the rice coach?
I bet if it was a school with a bad rep, everone would be dogging them and no one would be saying to stop talking about it!!

Wtx_coach
12-16-2003, 02:38 PM
kaorder1999:
here we go...comeo n Ranger Mom..answer him...i want to see what Jacket2000 has to say about the issue...heheooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Green Ranger
12-16-2003, 05:34 PM
If you look back, I believe I posted to get the post on the Rice coach to be taken off or edited when it originally was posted. This is a sports forum, trash talking here and there, but to point out black eyes of programs simply is not needed. That would be like every time a football team loses to get on here and blame the kid that dropped the pass, missed the field goal. As far as that goes, and let me make this perfectly clear I am not saying it is Kermits fault, but why was Greenwood the one to take the blame for this. BOTH teams cleared the benches. I can only speak for Greenwood in that the boys were suspended for several games for their actions. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and likewise others reading this post, these are games. There is more to life than a game!

wildstangs
12-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Dang, you would think those awful kids from Greenwood would learn their lesson after they provoked and attacked Daingerfield in the football playoffs in 2002. :)

Wtx_coach
12-16-2003, 06:51 PM
wildstangs:
Dang, you would think those awful kids from Greenwood would learn their lesson after they provoked and attacked Daingerfield in the football playoffs in 2002. :) NO WILDSTANG, not greenwood, they are to good of a school and a community!!!

Ranger Mom
12-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Well, I guess I should chime in now seeing how this post was directed to me in the first place.

To answer the original question - I have NO idea what happend. I was at Texas Stadium!! :D

I talked to two different people and got two different stories - so who knows!!

As far as the punishment phase goes, Green Ranger is the first I had even heard that from.

lobo12
12-16-2003, 10:35 PM
first of all green ranger he didnt say greenwood started it, he simply asked what happened. second of all i heard that there were some hard fouls committed but kermit started the actual fight. hey ranger mom i heard that kermit wouldnt stop their music when greenwood was introducing the seniors and parents in football. is that true?

Ranger Mom
12-16-2003, 10:39 PM
lobo12:
first of all green ranger he didnt say greenwood started it, he simply asked what happened. second of all i heard that there were some hard fouls committed but kermit started the actual fight. hey ranger mom i heard that kermit wouldnt stop their music when greenwood was introducing the seniors and parents in football. is that true?Yep...one of our dad's (who's daughter is a senior cheerleader) finally walked across the field and unplugged it. I had a bad feeling it was going to be a BAD game, but my husband ran the chains that night and said the coaches were all as nice as they could be.

lobo12
12-16-2003, 10:47 PM
that is just unclassy, disrespectful and uncalled for

Green Ranger
12-16-2003, 10:50 PM
My point, if somebody was asking about a situation, why was directed at Greenwood. When one could have simply asked has someone heard about this or that. No, Greenwood is not perfect, however anytime anybody is pointing a finger at us or anybody for that fact, four fingers are pointing towards yourself. Greenwood and Kermit, hopefully now can let the score be settled on the court/field and leave it at that.

lobo12
12-16-2003, 11:58 PM
i didnt think it was pointing fingers, but there are no kermit posters on here so he just wanted to know what happened since greenwood was involved

afflac65
12-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Remember that to some of us it is just a game. But to the athletes its more than just a game they will remember and reflect for the rest of their lifes. So to say its just a game is a cheap shot. Remember sports builds character and team work and work ethics and responsbility in these young adults these are things that will carry for the rest of their lives...

wildstangs
12-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Before someone takes my post the wrong way I just want to clarify that I was just joking. Greenwood has been nothing but class everytime they have beat Sweetwater in the last couple of years.

Green Ranger
12-17-2003, 07:44 AM
I hate to break to some of yall, but sports are just a game. Yes, to some it is very important, it was to me as I use to play high school ball. Ask Corey Fulbright if there is more to life than football, ask all of those who are over in Iraq, ask those families who dont have loved ones coming back home, ask those who were in New York Sept 11th. Greenwood lost several players in the football season due to injuries and they did not return to play, They are still alive and doing very good. This time of the year, focus should be put on family and loved ones, if it is at a game cheer on your loved ones, but I promise you, there is more to life than high school sports, not saying they are not important but they are not worth getting emotions high enough to try and start a fight. I would to still be playing, but I have a good life and I love my family and thank God everyday I wake up it is a gift from God and I live it like it may be my last as there are no promises in life.

afflac65
12-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Remeber the 48 minutes is not just playing the game its is also building your character for the rest of your life...

Wtx_coach
12-17-2003, 02:57 PM
AFFLAC and GREENRANGER, both you guys make some damm good point and i really beleive both of you guys are true in what you say, I never made this post to start dogging on anyone, I really just wanted to see if it was true what I had heard, well im sure both teams will learn and will move on just fine!!

Greenwood Teach
12-18-2003, 12:12 AM
I've heard from several people about the hard fouls committed by Kermit. A few of our boys finally lost it! (more like 4 or 5, I believe) Kermit and Greenwood were kicked out of the tournament. (Rightly so!) I know that the Greenwood boys have been punished, I just hope the punishment fits the crime. Maybe, UIL won't sanction us also! I guess that we should all breathe a sigh of relief that a referee didn't get accidentally punched or anything like that! We'd be in REAL deep then.