PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand but some people don't like UT fans.

Phil C
10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know why not. I do.

:D

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 02:35 PM
lol i like them too they are pretty nice

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 02:39 PM
just give it time Phil. Might I suggest sitting in the Zone at the 2007 Texas/A&M game and listen to some of the "colorful comments" spewed by UT students and alums towards members of the Corps at A&M. I lost a lot of respect for the general persona of UT that day. (My occurence was in 2005 btw).

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
just give it time Phil. Might I suggest sitting in the Zone at the 2007 Texas/A&M game and listen to some of the "colorful comments" spewed by UT students and alums towards members of the Corps at A&M. I lost a lot of respect for the general persona of UT that day. (My occurence was in 2005 btw).

this is true they do say some harsh words but who doesnt in such a rivalry u know
??? but that still isnt an excuse

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
this is true they do say some harsh words but who doesnt in such a rivalry u know
There is a difference between rivalry talk between schools and blatant slander towards others.

Bullaholic
10-03-2006, 02:43 PM

This comes from a young man who goes to live rock concerts? I'm sure behavior at football games just shocks the devil out of you. :D

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This comes from a young man who goes to live rock concerts? I'm sure behavior at football games just shocks the devil out of you. :D

Rock concerts??? I saw the Goo Goo Dolls in Albaquerque but that is the only real "rock show" that I've been too. I'll stick to my Randy Rogers and Pat Green.

Bullaholic
10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Rock concerts??? I saw the Goo Goo Dolls in Albaquerque but that is the only real "rock show" that I've been too. I'll stick to my Randy Rogers and Pat Green.

Any event where the entertainment public is out to have a good time is usually prone to some bad behavior by somebody. It is never acceptable, but happens.

Macarthur
10-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Rock concerts??? I saw the Goo Goo Dolls in Albaquerque but that is the only real "rock show" that I've been too.

That's not a rock show!

;)

WestTXLonghorn
10-03-2006, 03:01 PM

Hrm. . .well lets see. . .a bunch of college kids yelling stuff at a football game. . .compared to a cadet in the Corps who is supposed to be straight-laced and on his best behavior throwing poop on the UT band. . . .

Yeah. . .

Knowing you, you probably deserved everything you got too....

Phil C
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM

FORGIVE AND FORGET!! :mad:

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Hrm. . .well lets see. . .a bunch of college kids yelling stuff at a football game. . .compared to a cadet in the Corps who is supposed to be straight-laced and on his best behavior throwing poop on the UT band. . . .

Yeah. . .

Knowing you, you probably deserved everything you got too....

Deserved everything I got??? I didn't get anything. I just happened to be a witness to a bunch of students and alumbs of the school that you are in love with continuously slander others for being "fake wanna be military" personnel. While it is true that not everybody in the A&M Corps isn't tied to a branch of service...a decent portion of them are and it is indicated by the patches on their sleeve. Evidently, this slipped past the minds of students and alums of Texas. And no this wasn't just a comment or two...it went on for a good twenty minutes as those in the band were waiting for their halftime preformance. Classy stuff indeed...:clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's not a rock show!

;)

It's "mainstream rock"...it's not hard rock/metal/death music/etc. ;)

lepfan
10-03-2006, 03:21 PM
It is not the "UT FAN" that is not liked by me. It is the "we never do any wrong, we are a better breed than you FAN" that is not liked by me. They know who they are...... ;)

...and yes....every school has their share of "those fans"

IMO....this is not intended to hurt any one person's feelings! :)

Old Tiger
10-03-2006, 03:38 PM
lol:D

AggieJohn
10-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Deserved everything I got??? I didn't get anything. I just happened to be a witness to a bunch of students and alumbs of the school that you are in love with continuously slander others for being "fake wanna be military" personnel. While it is true that not everybody in the A&M Corps isn't tied to a branch of service...a decent portion of them are and it is indicated by the patches on their sleeve. Evidently, this slipped past the minds of students and alums of Texas. And no this wasn't just a comment or two...it went on for a good twenty minutes as those in the band were waiting for their halftime preformance. Classy stuff indeed...:clap: :clap: the kid got fined, kicked out of his unit, and severely reprimanded for his actions

Bullaholic
10-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
It is not the "UT FAN" that is not liked by me. It is the "we never do any wrong, we are a better breed than you FAN" that is not liked by me. They know who they are...... ;)

...and yes....every school has their share of "those fans"

IMO....this is not intended to hurt any one person's feelings! :)

Doesn't hurt mine, lep....I'm better than everyone else. :D

True line about every school having some of "those fans", lep.
Personally, I like to keep them stirred up... within limits, of course.
As long as the insults are about the teams I'm o.k. with it---but when they get personal with fans and their families, I draw the line.

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
the kid got fined, kicked out of his unit, and severely reprimanded for his actions

might wanna quote WTX instead of me! ;)

eagles_victory
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
every team has fans that arent classy and annoying doesnt mean the whole groups that way. Texas, A&M, Tech, and OU all have decent classy fans and they all have there classless fans who think being classless is so funny.

Phil C
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
every team has fans that arent classy and annoying doesnt mean the whole groups that way. Texas, A&M, Tech, and OU all have decent classy fans and they all have there classless fans who think being classless is so funny.

Texas has classless fans??!! :eek:

LOOK OUT NOW!! :mad:

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Texas has classless fans??!! :eek:

LOOK OUT NOW!! :mad:

ROFL!!! :mad:

WestTXLonghorn
10-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Shrug. I like to dish it out on here for fun but I've never once insulted any of the opposing team's fans at a football game. I've definitely THOUGHT about it tho...

I hate the frat boys who think it's cool to sneak Jack D. in and pour it into their coke and then cuss other team's fans out just as much as the next guy. Especially when they're standing in front of me because the idiots get drunk and can't stand up, so they keep falling back into me.....

coach
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
well phil c i think everyone wonders why nobody likes your own fans everyone thinks that other fans are stuck up or rude or w/e like for ex baylor thinks smu fans are unreasonable just llike tu thinks ou fans are bad and same with a&m tyowards texas i wouldnt worry about it too much

mrescape43
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Here is one take on this. I have a favorite Big 12 Team (Texas Tech) but I just wish that I would have had the opportunity to get a degree from any big 12 team. (even aTm) J/K

Rabbit'93
10-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo

I thought UT's only rivalry was OU?:D ;)

KTJ
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I thought UT's only rivalry was OU?:D ;)

No one ever said that. Now you're making stuff up.