PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Wk 5 Top 25--Who Loses this Week?

Bullaholic
10-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Any of these teams going to lose this week?

Week 5 3A Top 25
1. Gilmer (4-0)
2. Cuero (5-0)
3. West Orange-Stark (4-0)
4. Giddings (5-0)
5. Dallas Madison (4-0)
6. Celina (4-0)
7. Carthage (4-0)
8. Palestine (4-1)
9. Hutto (3-1)
10. Wimberley (4-1)
11. Abilene Wylie (4-1)
12. Hondo (5-0)
13. Decatur (5-0)
14. Liberty Hill (3-2)
15. Sweetwater (4-1)
16. Bellville (3-1)
17. Cameron Yoe (4-1)
18. Van (4-1)
19. Canyon (4-1)
20. Burkburnett (4-1)
21. Palestine Westwood (4-0)
22. Sanger (4-1)
23. Rio Hondo (5-0)
24. Midland Greenwood (5-0)
25. Needville (4-0)

lostaussie
10-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Carthage will have their hands full with Mt. Pleasant.

lostaussie
10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Rusk takes down Palestine Westwood!!!!!!!!

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Hopefully Liberty Hill doesnt they need a win because they have had a hard past 2 weeks

Ranger Mom
10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
HaHa!! I just realized that Greenwood crept into the top 25 this week!!:eek:

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
either Wylie or Wimberley will lose...but not both. One of them should be able to come up with a W.

eagles_victory
10-03-2006, 10:45 AM
lostaussie may be right on with both his predictions. Carthage has a great team and are number 10 in the ev top ten. But anytime you step up a classification its a challenge. Carthage is having to do it against a traditional power in 4a in Mt. Pleasant who is on the rise after a few bad seasons. Westwood just knowing the history of Westwood football you just figure they cant be as good as there 4-0 start indicates. Yes they have wins over some solid teams but if anything in this world is right westwood will come back to earth at least i hope so bc we have to play them in district.

Stownhorse
10-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
Hopefully Liberty Hill doesnt they need a win because they have had a hard past 2 weeks

Who do they play this week?

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Who do they play this week?
The infamous Bye Ghosts. :eek: :eek:

Stownhorse
10-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The infamous Bye Ghosts. :eek: :eek:

OMG I hope they get out ALIVE!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Sweeny beats Needville.

PHS Wildcats
10-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Rusk takes down Palestine Westwood!!!!!!!!

Not so fast my friend!!!

crabman
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Cuero is ripe for a loss. Two straight close games that shouldn't have been close. 4A Bay City is now thoroughly ticked off after losing so many games. Cuero is committed to not playing any of our injured players. 5 out of 11 starters on defense are hurt. At least that many on offense. The game is just not worth it. Palacios is up next and most players will be held out of that as well. Bay City just feels like a throw in game. Not much fanfare on the DLow this week. No buzz around town. Just get through it and Palacios so we can get healthy and get our timing back. I don't know, it's just a feeling.

GreenMachine
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Cuero is ripe for a loss. Two straight close games that shouldn't have been close. 4A Bay City is now thoroughly ticked off after losing so many games. Cuero is committed to not playing any of our injured players. 5 out of 11 starters on defense are hurt. At least that many on offense. The game is just not worth it. Palacios is up next and most players will be held out of that as well. Bay City just feels like a throw in game. Not much fanfare on the DLow this week. No buzz around town. Just get through it and Palacios so we can get healthy and get our timing back. I don't know, it's just a feeling. I agree that they are ripe, but alot of other kids stepped it up last week and got the W. I also feel that they will come out Friday with a purpose. The kids playing now (in place of the injured) are pretty darn good. Most of them played, just not in as focused a role. A few dropped passes last week, maybe some butterflies. They'll be better this week. I feel good about our chances. IMHO.

TAMUGRAD
10-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Cuero is ripe for a loss. Two straight close games that shouldn't have been close. 4A Bay City is now thoroughly ticked off after losing so many games. Cuero is committed to not playing any of our injured players. 5 out of 11 starters on defense are hurt. At least that many on offense. The game is just not worth it. Palacios is up next and most players will be held out of that as well. Bay City just feels like a throw in game. Not much fanfare on the DLow this week. No buzz around town. Just get through it and Palacios so we can get healthy and get our timing back. I don't know, it's just a feeling.

Sure been negative lately. Are you sure you don't go by the alias: MagicMan?

gobblers?
10-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

just because he's from cuero and not scared to say that they may be in trouble doesn't mean he's being negative. but i guess for people like you, who know nothing about football, its easy to say that cuero will win every game

Ranger Mom
10-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

OUCH!!:eek:

Im pretty sure MagicMan is a former ROMMEE!!:D I know who crabman is!

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 09:29 AM

crabman....Always enjoy your honest analysis of Cuero. Those are valid concerns, but I think Cuero has enough talent to beat most teams while hitting on only 7 cylinders, and I'm predicting they will go into the playoffs undefeated. The Bulls will trade you some sophs (we love em' and know they are trying their butts off) for some seniors. I think time will heal all of our problems. Best of luck for a very promising year for the Gobblers----I think they have a real legitimate shot at the DII title.

greenpride
10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
MagicMan.......support your team with positive comments or find another team to represent. Every team in Texas tries to do the same thing every Friday night....win a football game. Do you go to work and find the negatives or do you try to find the positives and work from there. GreenMachine has a positive outlook on the Gobbler football team. Younger players get their opportunity this Friday to make a statement and don't be surprised to see good things from these young men. GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
MagicMan.......support your team with positive comments or find another team to represent. Every team in Texas tries to do the same thing every Friday night....win a football game. Do you go to work and find the negatives or do you try to find the positives and work from there. GreenMachine has a positive outlook on the Gobbler football team. Younger players get their opportunity this Friday to make a statement and don't be surprised to see good things from these young men. GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!! Glad to see you back on the board :clap: Sure needed your back on the Texas - SHSU thread. Had to take on the burnt orange solo! :D

GreenGobbla
10-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
MagicMan.......support your team with positive comments or find another team to represent. Every team in Texas tries to do the same thing every Friday night....win a football game. Do you go to work and find the negatives or do you try to find the positives and work from there. GreenMachine has a positive outlook on the Gobbler football team. Younger players get their opportunity this Friday to make a statement and don't be surprised to see good things from these young men. GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!

lol...i think cuero is going to lose too...

crabman
10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
I've changed my mind. I mistook the calm of a veteran team for apathy.

Cuero by 10.

Noack goes crazy. 26 for 31. 325 yards. I don't know to whom but he'll find somebody to chunk to.

GreenMachine
10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I've changed my mind. I mistook the calm of a veteran team for apathy.

Cuero by 10.

Noack goes crazy. 26 for 31. 325 yards. I don't know to whom but he'll find somebody to chunk to. Now you're talking my language! :clap:

44INAROW
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM

Noack goes crazy. 26 for 31. 325 yards. I don't know to whom but he'll find somebody to chunk to.

maybe we'll see that "secret weapon" this week:D

OK, back to my self-imposed Romming :D