PDA

View Full Version : Celina gains 2 move in's

mr.leopard man
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Celina today gained two move in's from Whitesboro.. one is 6ft6 and his brother is 6ft4 and tallest is WR and younger one is a Lineman... there is questions on the move.. and why during the middle of the season but they cant play for 2 or 3 weeks do the the rules.. but they are both good athletes and play numerous sports..I thought they had to sit out a season first???? what is rule on that? and fishy its halfway thru season and they all of a sudden move ????:thinking: :confused: do they jsut want to jump on the Celina bandwagon??

Emerson1
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Who is Whitesboro's coach?

lostaussie
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
OH.............MY...............GOD............... ..it can't be so. not a TRANSFER...............thats a dirty word on the low:D

PPHSfan
10-02-2006, 08:05 PM
If they had moved from Celina to Sadler nobody would even care.

lostaussie
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
BTW.............they must not liked what Prosper put on them:thinking:

Cameron Crazy
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
OH.............MY...............GOD............... ..it can't be so. not a TRANSFER...............thats a dirty word on the low:D LMAO!!!! I love it aussie lol!!

OldNavy
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I bet someone got their parents a swank job at the new Churches Chicken or the new Brookshires Grocery Store. (It's true, I have it from a very reliable source that Celina now has a real grocery store!)

Sure sounds fishey to me!

3afan
10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I bet someone got their parents a swank job at the new Churches Chicken or the new Brookshires Grocery Store. (It's true, I have it from a very reliable source that Celina now has a real grocery store!)

Sure sounds fishey to me!

if they'd transfered to Frisco you'd be defending them .....

admit it

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I just want to know how we can get a REAL grocery store here. :D I don't care about getting any transfers. :devil:

awizzy
10-02-2006, 08:54 PM
i wonder if they play some bball 2...that would add some height

cats2151
10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Are you sure this is true?

mr.leopard man
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Who is Whitesboro's coach? Coach Eddie Gill first year

mr.leopard man
10-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i wonder if they play some bball 2...that would add some height yes they play all sports....

mr.leopard man
10-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by cats2151
Are you sure this is true? yes i was told tonight at a whitesboro sports meeting... both of the boys will have to sit out 2 or 3 weeks before they can play sports tho...there last name is Biddleman

JR2004
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
I thought these kind of things quit happening up in Celina when Moore left to finish up at Pilot Point?

MagicMan
10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
is it true that celina has more D1 players than texas a&m?

turbostud
10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
If they had moved from Celina to Sadler nobody would even care.
Hey, take it easy on my Rams. At least they have made the playoffs. :(

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 05:20 AM
I haven't heard about them yet. When my son wakes up, I will find out.

tree8400
10-03-2006, 06:39 AM
if it is the kids i am thinking about. They have been at celina before and left a couple of years ago. The 6 6 kid is a really good pitcher. If he is a senior then he can play this season if not he will have to sit out a year.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 07:07 AM
According to my son who is lifting right now, they did move back to Celina from Whitesboro. :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
10-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Maybe they felt threatened...

PPHSfan
10-03-2006, 08:06 AM
maybe they have a home in Celina and have every right to move back into it.

injuredinmelee
10-03-2006, 08:46 AM
interesting. I think we have to give this as much talk as the Gilmer transfer this summer. Why no wait until the end of football season though? you started something finish it. What is the reecord of the team they are leaving?

injuredinmelee
10-03-2006, 08:47 AM
maybe they have a home in Celina and have every right to move back into it.

and maybe pigs will fly out of your...

JasperDog94
10-03-2006, 08:52 AM
maybe they have a home in Celina and have every right to move back into it. Maybe the UIL is completely useless now when it comes to transfers and it really doesn't matter.

injuredinmelee
10-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Maybe the UIL is completely useless now when it comes to transfers and it really doesn't matter.

I say we all band together and seceed(sp) from the UIL. I nominate myself as the Director of the D.L.I.A.A.

DukeNukem
10-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Maybe the UIL is completely useless now when it comes to transfers and it really doesn't matter.

you hit the nail on the head.

JasperDog94
10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately...

handNthedirt
10-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Is Shane Sheffield still on Celina's roster?

handNthedirt
10-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
.......What is the reecord of the team they are leaving?

Whitesboro has been one of the 3A red headed step children for some time now.

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 10:16 AM
its probably just a random move dont worry about it

Fletch
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
These boys grew up in Celina and left before school started last year because their dad (great guy) lost his job in Dallas and had to take a job in Whitesboro. If someone wanted to give him a job, they could have done it then.

I don't know the circumstances of the move back to Celina, but I can assure you that there is nothing funny or illegal going on.

:kiss:

JR2004
10-03-2006, 12:05 PM
If it involves Celina, there's a good chance it's something shady.

You know I think Celina should go ahead and get a few more transfers in there before the playoffs get started. It would make Madison beating them an even bigger upset if they find some way to pull it off.

46 & 2
10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
If it involves Celina, there's a good chance it's something shady.

You know I think Celina should go ahead and get a few more transfers in there before the playoffs get started. It would make Madison beating them an even bigger upset if they find some way to pull it off. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Maybe, just maybe, the guys had to move because their family is in a difficult economic situation and the move is what is best for the family. Not everything that goes on in this world is about football. I think that you should all show a little compassion to these guys, they're losing 3 games in this move. Maybe the parents had to move and do what was best for their family? I don't understand why everything has to be a conspiracy theory.

coachc45
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
UIL rules state that a transfer can play fifteen days after moving into a new school regardless of their grade. This assumes that they are living with their parents. If not living with parents, have to have a waiver from UIL or sit out one calender year.

3afan
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Maybe, just maybe, the guys had to move because their family is in a difficult economic situation and the move is what is best for the family. Not everything that goes on in this world is about football. I think that you should all show a little compassion to these guys, they're losing 3 games in this move. Maybe the parents had to move and do what was best for their family? I don't understand why everything has to be a conspiracy theory.

well said BBDE .........

46 & 2
10-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Then again..maybe....just maybe they moved because they wanted their kids to play for a decent 3a school and they were familiar with Celina. If the boys can play and they want to go to college which school gets more expososure - Celina or Whitesboro?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 46 & 2
Then again..maybe....just maybe they moved because they wanted their kids to play for a decent 3a school and they were familiar with Celina. If the boys can play and they want to go to college which school gets more expososure - Celina or Whitesboro?

Definate possibility, but I just fail to understand how people are so quick to jump to conclusions instead of giving the kids the benefit of the doubt.

46 & 2
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I agree about the kids BBDE....It's the parents that worry me.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 46 & 2
I agree about the kids BBDE....It's the parents that worry me.

Well, that might be so, but they just want to play football, what is so malicious about that? You can't down the kids, because their parents moved them into that district, not them.

46 & 2
10-03-2006, 12:52 PM
:D I think we're basically agreeing BBDE just saying it differently.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Definate possibility, but I just fail to understand how people are so quick to jump to conclusions instead of giving the kids the benefit of the doubt.

Look at the school involved...Maybe in-season roster additions is a bit much, but it'll make the playoff game that much more fun if we see them in the 2nd round. Who knows Velt might upset us and then they'll have them that round.

I don't really care that they recruit up there. The UIL isn't going to stop it so Celina has no reason to put an end to it.

Fletch
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Look at the school involved...Maybe in-season roster additions is a bit much, but it'll make the playoff game that much more fun if we see them in the 2nd round. Who knows Velt might upset us and then they'll have them that round.

I don't really care that they recruit up there. The UIL isn't going to stop it so Celina has no reason to put an end to it.

Maybe you should learn to read....... The kids are FROM Celina in the first place! They're moving BACK!!!!!

Jealousy is an ugly whine.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
Maybe you should learn to read....... The kids are FROM Celina in the first place! They're moving BACK!!!!!

Jealousy is an ugly whine.:D

You're right, I don't see a lot of people complaining when a high-profile athlete moves into their hometown.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I think I KNOW how to read.

Did YOU MISS the part where I said I don't care what they do? I don't even really care for the reason why these kids are back in Celina. Recruit away because that doesn't bother me at all. Madison is a basketball school, not a football school. Anything that's accomplished in football is just an added bonus for the athletic program right now. They're only 3 years removed from being everyone's homecoming opponent.

lostaussie
10-03-2006, 01:40 PM
You're right, I don't see a lot of people complaining when a high-profile athlete moves into their hometown. nobody but the neighbors:D

JasperDog94
10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
It's just very frustrating. The rich get richer...

mwynn05
10-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Did YOU MISS the part where I said I don't care what they do? I don't even really care for the reason why these kids are back in Celina. Recruit away because that doesn't bother me at all. Madison is a basketball school, not a football school. Anything that's accomplished in football is just an added bonus for the athletic program right now. They're only 3 years removed from being everyone's homecoming opponent. You're full of crap if you say you dont care; you wouldnt be accusing them of recruiting if you didnt care a little bit

Fletch
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Did YOU MISS the part where I said I don't care what they do? I don't even really care for the reason why these kids are back in Celina. Recruit away because that doesn't bother me at all. Madison is a basketball school, not a football school. Anything that's accomplished in football is just an added bonus for the athletic program right now. They're only 3 years removed from being everyone's homecoming opponent.

I'm proud of Madison also. They deserve alot of credit for the turn-around. Celina deserves credit for running a clean program and being a success at it. Your irresponsible accusations of recruiting don't do Madison any favors.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 02:03 PM
There's no such thing as a clean program in this area. Celina just happens to be the posterboy for it because of the run of success they've had. Some folks get mad about recruiting, but I don't and never really will. Some schools just excel at it better than others.

Who needs to do Madison any favors? This thread isn't about them. They were only mentioned because they're more than likely going to be a playoff opponent and I think it'll make the upset bigger if Celina adds a few more kids before then. The big upsets against overwhelming odds are what make high school football playoff games as exciting as they are so I'd like the deck to be as stacked against the Trojans as possible.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 02:16 PM
You are completely wrong Junior. (Gotta love saying that) The bad part is you know you're wrong. Admit it and quit acting the fool.

Is Shane Sheffield still on Celina's roster?
Yes, why?

Why all the hate for a successful program? My family and I moved for my job in July. My son is 6'5 and we weren't recruited. We were made to feel more welcome here than we expected and still feel that way. I truly only have one regret and that is that I wasn't born and raised here as well as my kids and grandkids. The town makes you feel so good, my brother moved here after me and he has no school aged kids. It's the town and the people that attract. Football is just an added blessing.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 02:19 PM
lol...really, I do know that? Too many people have their head buried too far in the sand and would rather not ADMIT what actually goes on. Football isn't the only sport this happens in. I've watched it happen, but I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me when schools do it.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 02:22 PM
You are a follower not a leader aren't you?

Rabbit'93
10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Nobody would move to Celina for any reason other than Football. Trust me. Now whether the coach calls you and asks you to move in is a different story. Parents are the blame.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Nobody would move to Celina for any reason other than Football. Trust me. Now whether the coach calls you and asks you to move in is a different story. Parents are the blame.

To blame for what? The family already had roots in that community. They had to leave for the economic benefit of the family. They have returned I hope with a better footing and want to put their children in a school district that they are familiar and comfortable with, but I guess that the world revolves around football in the case of every family. Man, wise up.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Nobody would move to Celina for any reason other than Football.

Actually we decided on the town by the church first. Location in comparison to my job second. Football did enter the equation, but it wasn't the first consideration. Get a grip.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Nobody would move to Celina for any reason other than Football.

Actually we decided on the town by the church first. Location in comparison to my job second. Football did enter the equation, but it wasn't the first consideration. Get a grip.

Chris Hart
10-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Actually we decided on the town by the church first. Location in comparison to my job second. Football did enter the equation, but it wasn't the first consideration. Get a grip. How is Bobcat Orange Baptist church these days anyway, are they still prostalyting(sp?)? Sorry, couldn't resist, lol:D

3afan
10-03-2006, 04:17 PM
when (if) I ever leave Forney the destination football team will have 0% impact on my decision .... but thats just me :p

3afan
10-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Nobody would move to Celina for any reason other than Football. ........

can't/don't believe that for a minute .....

they have a great baseball program too!!!! :D

j/k

JR2004
10-03-2006, 05:26 PM
You are a follower not a leader aren't you?

Because recruiting doesn't bother me you come to that conclusion? lol.

Fletch
10-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Because recruiting doesn't bother me you come to that conclusion? lol.

LOL, no, because you don't have an original thought, just something you read somewhere.:D

Doesn't matter that you have no personal knowledge of it, you are jealous of anybody that wins consistently, so you jump on the bandwagon. That, by definition, is a follower.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 05:46 PM
So now I'm jealous of ANYBODY that wins consistently. Well then I should be jealous of Carter, Kimball, SOC, Skyline, and any other team in the area with similar success in their athletic programs...lol

You think I'm jealous of Celina? Do you keep missing the part where I don't CARE if they bring in more players? Is that the part you can't figure out? When I say get more players that's not sarcasm. Go ahead and do it, recruit away! It's not like the UIL enforces anything these days. Recruiting in the DFW area at least is here to stay and isn't going anywhere.

3afan
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
including YOUR school(s) ???

JR2004
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
EVERY SCHOOL.

mr.leopard man
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
interesting. I think we have to give this as much talk as the Gilmer transfer this summer. Why no wait until the end of football season though? you started something finish it. What is the reecord of the team they are leaving? whitesboro is 2-2 so far

3afan
10-03-2006, 05:53 PM
EVERY SCHOOL.

i seriously doubt it ....... IMO

JR2004
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Do a little research on the subject. People who honestly believe nothing happens aren't really paying any attention.

mr.leopard man
10-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Celina and Whitesboro arnt that far from each other.. so it has to be something more than moving for a job.....the DMN did quote the coach of Celina saying that they may have lost 2 players to injurys last week tho...sayin depth is a problem..

3afan
10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Do a little research on the subject. People who honestly believe nothing happens aren't really paying any attention.

you said EVERY SCHOOL ... you need do do a little research my friend ;)

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Saw the two young men today. They are happy to be home. Fletch you picked right up on that follower thing. Good job. Can you loan some snap to Junior? :p

JR2004
10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Well I just hope little Madison has enough to beat the best recruited team in Class 3A. It's going to be tough playing with just 29 guys against the recruiting machine from up north, but we'll give it a shot hopefully. :)

PPHSfan
10-03-2006, 06:45 PM

How did a couple of kid's moving back to their hometown of Celina turn into a Madison thread?

JR2004
10-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
you said EVERY SCHOOL ... you need do do a little research my friend ;)

I sure did. They ALL try to do it. Some are just a bit more successful than others. :)

3afan
10-03-2006, 06:49 PM
ya right - i'm sure thats well documented! ;)

JR2004
10-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah because OBVIOUSLY things like this are going to be well documented! I'm sure coaches want to make it as obvious as is humanly possible so the UIL can be forced to have to do something...lol.

I personally don't care if schools recruit and it seems the state's governing body down in Austin doesn't care much either unless they get backed into a corner. If a school can give a kid a better shot at what his goals are for the here and now as well as his future, let the kid take advantage and get to somewhere that will help further his goals.

The coaches at Kimball that got caught red-handed a couple of years ago might be the funniest example of how NOT to get kids from another school. That was a rare instance where the UIL was forced to step in due to that whole video evidence thing...lol.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Don't degrade us because you are scared. I understand your fear. You need to take care of business until we meet and then try to take care of it against us. No need for derogatory comments about our School, Coaches, and program. I have finally found a rock that listens better than you. How are you today Mr. Rock.............

JR2004
10-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Who was it that wouldn't schedule who in the regular season?

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
And your answer is?

JR2004
10-03-2006, 07:52 PM
There's only 9 games on Madison's schedule. You do the math!

lostaussie
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Well I just hope little Madison has enough to beat the best recruited team in Class 3A. man, i'm glad ya'll finally got that honor back:D

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 07:58 PM
There's only 9 games on Madison's schedule. You do the math!
Are you inferring we are ducking Madison?

*sigh*

"Why Junior you aren't a daisy at all are you? Poor misguided soul. He was just too high strung"

JR2004
10-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Well some coach up there in recruitingville didn't want to play until the playoffs once he saw the new alignment for this year thus Madison has 9 games instead of 10.

At least Madison gave it a shot at playing the big boys in the regular season and not scheduling weak sister high every week of non-district.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Keep supplying! I will keep tackin' it up. You are doing great! I hope y'all don't play like weak sisters when and if we meet. :D

JR2004
10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
If your kids need motivation from an internet message board then I feel for them.

I've already said I don't care what happens with Madison in the playoffs. They go a long way, great. They go out in the first or second round that's fine too. Basketball is still where it's at for the Trojans for the time being.

cats2151
10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
celina has a hard time getting teams to play them in non district games.I know for a fact that many 4a teams would not play them this year.So you can bash them all you want but they still win in the playoffs when it counts.Also we have played good teams in the past and we make them look bad.Maby celina is pretty good.:thinking:

JR2004
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Haven't said Celina wasn't good.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 08:26 PM
They don't need it, but I liked to add a little gas to the fire myself. The fire always burns. Folks like you see to it. LOL

JR2004
10-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Folks like me just get a good laugh out of schools that won't schedule anyone in non-district. My old high school pulls the same garbage and until this year hadn't tried to schedule anyone of note in more than a decade.

And I'm trying to figure out what fire there is here. I can't think of any Madison kids that even read this board and if I asked any of them who Celina is they probably couldn't tell me all that much. Their familiarity is just with the DISD schools they're used to competing against. I'd be shocked if any of them were aware that Celina won a state title last season.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Our system seems to work. How many titles does your current or old school have? That's what i thought. Next!

JR2004
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Are you really this dumb?

Mustangpride09
10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Our system seems to work. How many titles does your current or old school have? That's what i thought. Next!

Didn't you say you just moved to Celina?

kepdawg
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM

Celina may have a lot of titles, but they don't play anybody in non-district! :p

JR2004
10-03-2006, 08:56 PM

What in the world does that have to do with ANYTHING? Who said anything about the system?

PPHSfan
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Celina may have a lot of titles, but they don't play anybody in non-district! :p

LOL, when they were in 2a they played and Beat 3-A Royse City, who just happened to be a Semi-Finalist.

I think Kep was at that Semi-Final game.:D

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes maybe I shouldn't say our. Instead I will say Celina's system seems to work. Again, how many titles do you have Junior? Maybe soon Madison will know of Celina.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
LOL...So you just moved up to Celina and you're acting like you've been there for YEARS? Good Lord that's pretty lame.

Madison's state titles have come in other sports. They have a state championship in basketball in 1997 (Two other appearances in the 4A title game in 96 and 00 as the smallest school in that classification) as well as several individual championships in track and field and one girl's team championship in track and field. It's what they're known for. Football for them, AS I EARLIER STATED, hasn't been that successful until the last 3 seasons.

Seriously I don't know what you're on, but gosh I'd hope the rest of the population that direction isn't using it.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Seriously I don't know what you're on, but gosh I'd hope the rest of the population that direction isn't using it.
I am not on anything, but I did just realize something. I am tired of reasoning with you and defending our town, yes our town. I live here and it is our town, our team, our school. Go back under what ever rock you crawled out from under until we come calling in the playoffs. Then come on here and run your mouth and degrade our Coaches, Team, Town, and Schools by starting some kinda of recruiting rumor. What it all boils down to is you are already gathering your excuses now. You see the scores and look at yours and you know. Pinkston????????? Please go dribble dribble dribble.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, Pinkston. A 4A playoff team from a year ago.

I would say something I've said is degrading if I thought it was WRONG what they do, but I don't.

I know if you try hard enough that eventually you're going to come up with something good!

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, Pinkston. A 4A playoff team from a year ago. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I see bouncy balls in your future. :rolleyes:

JR2004
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
lol...Is that supposed to make me mad? Basketball is my favorite sport so I'm looking forward to basketball season!

kepdawg
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
This isn't going anywhere and fast if we start touting Pinkston as a credible opponent! :rolleyes:

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Yea who was in that tough district they came out of? How deep did they go?

Basketball is my favorite sport so I'm looking forward to basketball season! As you should! :p

JR2004
10-03-2006, 09:53 PM
You have all the answers so please tell me.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I am asking? I know Corsicana beat them round one.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 09:59 PM
No, no you're the expert on this type of stuff since you're a longtime resident of a football hotbed. You tell me what happened to their district last season!

kepdawg
10-03-2006, 10:04 PM
No, no you're the expert on this type of stuff since you're a longtime resident of a football hotbed. You tell me what happened to their district last season!

You're starting to make me miss the Sweetwater/Snyder threads! :rolleyes:

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Fri 10/07/05 Smith-Dal (665 3-7 ) 43-12
Thu 10/13/05 at Kimball ( 74 9-2 ) 6-56
Fri 10/21/05 Adamson (1155 0-10 ) 54-13
Fri 10/28/05 Seagoville (470 5-5 ) 13-14
Thu 11/03/05 at S Oak Cliff (353 5-5 ) 20-13
Fri 11/11/05 at Corsicana (157 8-4 ) 18-47

Couldn't find one team in their district that got past the first round,

Mustangpride09
10-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Yes maybe I shouldn't say our. Instead I will say Celina's system seems to work. Again, how many titles do you have Junior? Maybe soon Madison will know of Celina.

WHOA. When did I say I was from Madison? You sure are acting pretty high on a program that you just moved into.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Why would that be?

Kimball played Ennis on their home field in the 1st round and lost 18-14. Not bad losing to a team on their home field that wasn't stopped until they were beaten by the eventual state champions from Highland Park.

SOC, a chemistry experiment gone horribly wrong, lost on the road at Lancaster by a TD in the first round of the playoffs.

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 10:17 PM
The comment was to Junior not you mustang. Whoa! Move here and live here and you will get high on it quickly also. It is High School Football Heaven. I would have loved to have played here.

kepdawg
10-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
WHOA. When did I say I was from Madison? You sure are acting pretty high on a program that you just moved into.

You jumped right into the middle of a Celina/Madison argument! What did you expect, a hug? :rolleyes:

Mustangpride09
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
You jumped right into the middle of a Celina/Madison argument! What did you expect, a hug? :rolleyes:

When did I jump in?

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Kimball played Ennis on their home field in the 1st round and lost 18-14. Not bad losing to a team on their home field that wasn't stopped until they were beaten by the eventual state champions from Highland Park. SOC, a chemistry experiment gone horribly wrong, lost on the road at Lancaster by a TD in the first round of the playoffs.

That's nice. Again what round was it?

bobcat1
10-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Kep, I am tired of this, You can play with them now. Besides it is past some folks bedtime. :p

Mustangpride09
10-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Kep, I am tired of this, You can play with them now. Besides it is past some folks bedtime. :p

Them? Once again, when did I jump in on this?

kepdawg
10-03-2006, 10:24 PM
When did I jump in?

Looks like it was 8:49.

Mustangpride09
10-03-2006, 10:25 PM

Looks like it was 8:49.

?

kepdawg
10-03-2006, 10:28 PM
?

What's the question? If you can't see how it is that you jumped into the middle of an argument then I can't help you.

I'm tired of this anyway.

Good luck to both teams! Hopefully a week 2 playoff matchup will materialize.

Mustangpride09
10-03-2006, 10:30 PM
What's the question? If you can't see how it is that you jumped into the middle of an argument then I can't help you.

I'm tired of this anyway.

Good luck to both teams! Hopefully a week 2 playoff matchup will materialize.

How am I supposed to see it when I didn't jump in on it? It's not like I said Celina sucked or they recruited those players. I asked a question unrelated to the Madison and Celina programs.

JR2004
10-03-2006, 10:31 PM

Yes it is well past your bedtime.

bobcat1
10-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Yes it was. 10pm is my bedtime. But I get up at 5am everyday while your Mommy is up cooking your breakfast. Get that head out of that anal port son! I know you say you love basketball, but then most guys do that don't like this collision sport called football. Stop gathering excuses and grabbing at straws. Hope to see ya soon!

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Again, the rich get richer. Funny how the same schools seem to get nice transfers.

mr.leopard man
10-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Anyway... Celina is real good .. they should go 2 or 3 rounds in playoffs but not state...

bobcat1
10-04-2006, 12:26 PM
We just started getting better a couple of weeks ago. We aren't there yet, but we are on our way.

Rabbit'93
10-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Let's try this for a minute. Take the coaching staff out of teh equation.

Would it be safe to say that Celina has many transfers because parents want their kids to play at a successful program? Maybe parents talk other kid's parents into moving to town for athletic reason: ie. "Little Johnny is is playing JV" "He's how big" "I bet he could get a starting position in xxxxx, next year". I'd be willing to bet parents have more to do with it than the schools.

And bobcat1 just has his head buried in the sand if he thinks it doesn't happen at Celina. I would like to see when each player enrolled in CISD.

bobcat1
10-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Absolutely parents want to move to a place to allow their kids every opportunity to be successful. When we were deciding on where to move, we made the decision as a family. Church 1st, school second. I will never forget what my son told me. I have coached kids in baseball and football my whole life. I have raised 4 sons. This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at Celina, I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." He is starting on JV white at Off. Left Tackle. 6'5" 215lbs. but filling out now. He is getting stronger everyday. I am glad we moved here. He is in advanced classes and doing well. He is involved in the youth program at church. I drive 15 miles to work when I go in to the office. No one offered us anything to move here. I wouldn't change for anything now. So fire away with all your negativity towards Celina. What I hear is that they are used to it.

3afan
10-04-2006, 12:50 PM
i think the majority of folks respect Celina and what it represents ... the recruiting allegations have been around for a long time and I have no idea if they were/are true or not ... it was proven that G.A. wasnt as squeeky clean as he was made out to be but thats in the past

I wouldn't mind living there if I worked near there ... its alot like Forney, small quiet - but about to explode in population

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Absolutely parents want to move to a place to allow their kids every opportunity to be successful. And if you choose a school based on that criteria (athletics), then that's breaking the rules...at least by the old rules.

HAN SING
10-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
Anyway... Celina is real good .. they should go 2 or 3 rounds in playoffs but not state... Han Sing Agree, Celina in for awakening when reach second round and especialy 3rd round if get that far.

Hansum Stranger
10-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Are you inferring we are ducking Madison?

They've ducked other schools before.

bobcat1
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't know about that. Who have they ducked?

3afan
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
good grief - that gets thrown out all the time by folks who have no clue and are not inside the program ............ and not just referring to Celina

:crying: waaahh, no one will play us - waahhhh

JR2004
10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes it was. 10pm is my bedtime. But I get up at 5am everyday while your Mommy is up cooking your breakfast. Get that head out of that anal port son! I know you say you love basketball, but then most guys do that don't like this collision sport called football. Stop gathering excuses and grabbing at straws. Hope to see ya soon!

Was better at playing football, but love basketball.

You poor angry little man. You've resorted to posts like this...lol. I'm trying to find some excuses posted, but I'm not finding anything...lol. The next time you want to tell a story about your son, make sure you aren't borrowing something from a disney movie and filling in the blanks with your own personal rubbish.