PDA

View Full Version : Region IV: La Grange @ Luling

pirate4state
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Some say the Leopards haven't been truly tested yet, while Luling's two losses come at the hands of 2A powerhouse Rice & the defending State Champs Wimberley. Can Luling hand the Leopards their first loss?

More info HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51673)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Some say the Leopards haven't been truly tested ye

They havent been tested, is Luling good enought to say this will be a good test for the Leps, or will it be next week vs Giddings?

Bull's-eye
10-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
They havent been tested, is Luling good enought to say this will be a good test for the Leps, or will it be next week vs Giddings?

Don't think Luling will test LG, and if they do, LG is probably not the team that will battle for a playoff spot in 23-3A. LG should win by at least 3 TD's. Their mid-term exam will come the following week against Giddings.

Bull's-eye
10-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Some say the Leopards haven't been truly tested yet, while Luling's two losses come at the hands of 2A powerhouse Rice & the defending State Champs Wimberley. Can Luling hand the Leopards their first loss?

No, LG should have no problem with Luling. True that Luling lost to 2 really good teams, but their wins came at the expense of some very below average teams. LG scored in the final minute to defeat Sealy by 7, so maybe they have been tested?

gobbler grad
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Luling played great last week and barely beat the Apaches, what by one point...:thinking: LaGrange has alot more speed and should put the Eagles away early...LaGrange wins easily over the Eagles

Pudlugger
10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
The leps have 29 seniors, 19 juniors and no sophomores on varsity. Interesting.

btw does anyone have the skinny on that new kid #59? He looks like he's at least 6'6"? I was told he transfered to La Grange and had to sit out the first three games or so until cleared by the UIL. He was suited up but didn't play in the Gonzales game.

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
my senior year we got a coach from luling so i hope they win i dunno what it has to do with them winning but the coach was a good guy

Bull's-eye
10-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Not complaining, but next week's game LG vs Giddings (Warda Bowl) is the one I would like to see as the R3 game of the week. Both teams should be heading into district play undefeated. With LG already this week, they probably won't have this game.

Pudlugger
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Well this is Region IV GOTW and next week it is Region III so maybe?:D

And not to assume anything 'cause the Leps still have a game to play Friday.

Pudlugger
10-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Luling is having their homecoming Friday. How will this affect the game? I hope the Leps are not taking this team lightly, the Eagles can play some football. Luling has some good athletes and they will be charged up, so the Leps better come with their A game.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2006, 03:44 PM
LG 28
Luling 7

Pudlugger
10-06-2006, 11:18 PM
La Grange 20
Luling 0 final