PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls--It's now time for Texas/OU Week

KTJ
10-02-2006, 02:41 PM
The most exciting time of UT football is this weekend. I won't be able to sleep this entire week just thinking about what will go down on Saturday.

Fletchers, Funnell Cakes, Turkey Legs, beer that cost 5-7 tickets and is about the size of a 6 oz. glass of water, Fried Oreos, and most of all......beating Oklahoma.

Friday night will be the Texas Exes party at the Iron Cactus. And sure enough, there will always be a big group of OU fans who just so happen to "walk past the party" and a fight will start. It happens every year.

Phil C
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
GO HORNS! FIGHT AND WIN!

Adidas410s
10-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
GO HORNS! FIGHT AND WIN!

STOP ENCOURAGING VIOLENCE!!! :mad:

Adidas410s
10-02-2006, 03:05 PM
with Deep Ellum becoming increasing shady and the West End becoming an after thought in Dallas nightlife...I expect to see a lot of students in the Uptown area this weekend. Boy are they gonna be in for a shock when they find beers @ $3-5 (and higher) and well drinks starting at $5-7!!! :eek: :eek:

Bullaholic
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
The University by 14-21....Hook Em' Horns---send that Sooner Schooner back North with no wheels and on fire

KTJ
10-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The University by 14-21....Hook Em' Horns---send that Sooner Schooner back North with no wheels and on fire

The worst is the RUF-NEKS. They are horrible.

shankbear
10-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I was exiled to OK for three years during law school. The Horns beat ou all three years I was there. My OK friends still whine.....and whine....and whine.........

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-02-2006, 03:40 PM
GO TEXAS!!!!! BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF choklahoma!!!!! I REALLY DO HOPE THEY DIE IN EVERY CAPACITY OF THE WORD.

PHS Wildcats
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Be sure to try the "Fried Coke", I hate the soda, but I like the "Fried Coke".:clap:

shankbear
10-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Drug people will do anything won't they!!!!!! lol

GreenMachine
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The most exciting time of UT football is this weekend. I won't be able to sleep this entire week just thinking about what will go down on Saturday.

Fletchers, Funnell Cakes, Turkey Legs, beer that cost 5-7 tickets and is about the size of a 6 oz. glass of water, Fried Oreos, and most of all......beating Oklahoma.

Friday night will be the Texas Exes party at the Iron Cactus. And sure enough, there will always be a big group of OU fans who just so happen to "walk past the party" and a fight will start. It happens every year. Well I hope ya'll have a good time. Just think, Texas might have to play a full half this week. :eek: I hope Texas wins...though I didn't last week :D

Bulldog_12
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
This looks to be like a really good game. OU has had two weeks to prepare and Im sure Stoops will come out with something to try and take advantage of UT's weaknesses, but I think the horns end up winning this one by one or two tds. You who are going are lucky to get to see what is shaping up to be another classic. Gig'em!:thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
It will be interesting to see what Adrian Peterson does in his last college game against Texas. Our rush D against probably the best running back of his generation should be a nice matchup.

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Surely we're not done with this one yet. Where are are the OU fans? Guess I could go up on the OU site and post a link to the Downlow. This one won't be close enough for Stoops to have to holler about the refs. :D

whtfbplaya
10-04-2006, 01:01 PM
texas by 20

BMOC
10-04-2006, 01:05 PM
It sure has been a quiet week so far leading up to the game.

Bullaholic
10-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BMOC

Well I got to admit that the Downlow doesn't lack for UT supporters. Sure miss the "Gooner Sooner", aka The Chief. :D

Adidas410s
10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well I got to admit that the Downlow doesn't lack for UT supporters. Sure miss the "Gooner Sooner", aka The Chief. :D

You did have a soft spot in your heart for him! ;)

KTJ
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BMOC

It seems like it has, NATIONALLY. But both fan bases have been jabbering back and forth pretty hard. Even though this game won't have NC implications (possibly) like it has in the past, it's probably one of the most even matches we've had in several years. This has the makings of a great, great game. But because both teams aren't, according to the media, in the NC hunt, they've kinda downplayed it.

However, this game is the only 2:30 game on ABC (It's National, not Regional) so that's a good thing.

It was the second choice for Gameday. But they went with LSU/Florida instead. Not a bad choice for them either.

JasperDog94
10-04-2006, 01:55 PM
If it weren't for LSU/Florida we would be getting much more publicity. There have been several games this year between top 10 teams.

KTJ
10-04-2006, 01:56 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!

(Although if UF wins, I still think they lose when they play at Auburn.)

WestTXLonghorn
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Seriously. . .I try staying awake through SEC football games but it's pretty hard. You might get lucky if one of the teams scores a TD before the end of the 3rd quarter.