PDA

View Full Version : UMHB vs. HSU

buffalo2006
10-02-2006, 02:09 PM
The battle for the ASC this weekend in Belton, against the HSU Cowboys. I think it will be a good game UMHB's offense is not as good as they were in the past, but their defense is big and fast. HSU has a very good quarterback. Should be a good game between two top 15 teams.

Adidas410s
10-02-2006, 02:12 PM
HSU 26
UMHB 14

:D :D :D :D :D

sahen
10-02-2006, 02:14 PM
gotta pull for the school across the lake...go UMHB!

Johnny Utah
10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I bet UMHB wishes they still had PJ Williams of Rockdale Tiger fame!!

Pudlugger
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
HSU 26
UMHB 14

:D :D :D :D :D

I agree, HSU has beaten some good schools this season. Lindale for one. UMNB may not be as good this year as last but in the ASC anything can happen. Hardin Payne may play the spoiler as well. TSU started strong edging Trinity 15-9 but is struggling in a tough conference.

Trinity in SA is beginning to look decent as well in the SCAC beating DePaw and now Austin College. They should roll to win the SCAC for the 14th year straight. They have a terrific jr. Qb named Blake Barmore from Friendswood who is lighting up the score board. It would be great to see HSU and Trinity in the first round of the NCAA DIII tournement. The Tigers have fallen in the first round three years running to ETBU, and MHBU twice. HSU would be favored in that matchup as the ASC is tougher than SCAC.

PHS Wildcats
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
My girl goes to UMHB so, I have to pull for them sorry;)

Adidas410s
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I agree, HSU has beaten some good schools this season. Lindale for one. UMNB may not be as good this year as last but in the ASC anything can happen. Hardin Payne may play the spoiler as well. TSU started strong edging Trinity 15-9 but is struggling in a tough conference.

Trinity in SA is beginning to look decent as well in the SCAC beating DePaw and now Austin College. They should roll to win the SCAC for the 14th year straight. They have a terrific jr. Qb named Blake Barmore from Friendswood who is lighting up the score board. It would be great to see HSU and Trinity in the first round of the NCAA DIII tournement. The Tigers have fallen in the first round three years running to ETBU, and MHBU twice. HSU would be favored in that matchup as the ASC is tougher than SCAC.

I doubt that Trinity and HSU would play each other in the 1st round. If HSU goes 10-0, they will be probably be #1 in the region and thus get a 1st round bye. Trinity vs Occidental is a possibility.

Adidas410s
10-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
My girl goes to UMHB so, I have to pull for them sorry;)

SHOW NO FAVORITISM!!! :mad: