TIME FOR NEW COACH IN SINTON

BMOC
10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
What is the current coach's record??

3afan
10-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AIRMAN

quick trigger - thought he has been fairly successfu?

pirate4state
10-02-2006, 01:24 PM
TIME FOR NEW COACH IN SINTON Who do you suggest they get? :rolleyes:

Phil C
10-02-2006, 01:25 PM

I disagree but welcome to the web site Airman.

SWMustang
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Who do you suggest they get? :rolleyes:

Frank Solitch runs a pretty good high school offense - and he can drink a lot too. :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Frank Solitch runs a pretty good high school offense - and he can drink a lot too. :) good idea for a high school headdcoach...an alcohilic who knows how and when do perform offensive stuff against others...seriously, i hve been contemplating moing to sinton...so dont suggest something like that.

Gobbler Fan
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Sinton had a chance to grab a pretty damn good coach in Arroyo but they passed on him . Skidmore 4-0

Blastoderm55
10-02-2006, 01:49 PM
5-0 actually. I think I might go to the Bobcats game this week. They take on another undefeated team in George West.

pirate4state
10-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Sinton had a chance to grab a pretty damn good coach in Arroyo but they passed on him . Skidmore 4-0

I'm not sure where all this is coming from. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Coach Mitchell is a pretty damn good coach, IMHO. I'm glad Coach Arroyo is having success in S/T, but just b/c he is 4-0 in S/T doesn't mean he'd be 4-0 in Sinton.

Gobbler Fan
10-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Goooo Skydmore :clap: 5-0

Gobbler Fan
10-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm sure Franchione will be looking for a job after this season ......if he last's that long :evillol:

AP Panther Fan
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure where all this is coming from. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Coach Mitchell is a pretty damn good coach, IMHO. I'm glad Coach Arroyo is having success in S/T, but just b/c he is 4-0 in S/T doesn't mean he'd be 4-0 in Sinton.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a hair-brained first post!:rolleyes:

pirateman98
10-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I think I can speak for some Sinton fans and say that this is not where we would like to see our team. Maybe even go so far to say that we are a little disappointed, but to say that Mitchell should be fired is not right. What looks to be a losing year this year isn't means to fire a coach who has had success. Who knows, maybe next year this could all turn around and then it would be the likes of someone like you, Airman, who sings praises to him like you never dissed him before!!

Johnny Utah
10-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Have they or anyone started district yet?

sintonfanseguin
10-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Bring back Coach Davenport!!!

Blastoderm55
10-02-2006, 03:22 PM
He's got George West going well. :)

Regardless, don't blame the coach. A few games haven't gone his way. Big deal. This happened back when Daniel Ramirez took the reigns as a sophomore. Difficult preseason hardened the guys and they brought home another district championship. I'm not even a Sinton fan (Mathis alum) but I give props to their program, especially their coaching. Calling for Mitchell's job is ludicrous.

pirate4state
10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm not even a Sinton fan (Mathis alum) but I give props to their program, especially their coaching. Calling for Mitchell's job is ludicrous. Thanks! I agree this is crazy. It seems that Airman is a post & run type of guy.

pirate4state
10-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by sintonfanseguin
Bring back Coach Davenport!!! Didn't Coach Davenport leave of his own free will? :thinking: It's not like he was run out of town.

AP Panther Fan
10-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks! I agree this is crazy. It seems that Airman is a post & run type of guy.

Hell, he has been registered since last May and just made a post....he must be very deliberate in his thought processes or was just waiting for y'all to lose a game or two against a tough 4a schedule.:cool:

maroonpirate04
10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
I think that's dumb to fire Mitchell, He has done great things in Sinton ever since Davis left. He managed to keep Sinton on top of our district. Not every great team can stay on top forever it's just one of those times when you hit a speed bump now and then. Besides to me our schedule is nothing but great competition. :clap: I congratulate Coach Mitchell on his hard work and lets turn this season around and show em how Sinton is known as 3A Powerhouse in the Corpus Christi area along with 4A Calallen:clap: :clap:

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
10-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I think it depends on what you're looking for. Davis had that program in elite status. Mitchell's been evening out ever since he got there.

If you're unhappy with a yearly trip to the playoffs and are willing to take a shot at someone else, go for it. By all means. Just remember that you may wind up with a Jim Tressel or you may wind up with a Dennis Franchione. If you're unhappy with a guy like Mitchell you'd be fuming if you get the wrong guy.

Gobbla2001
10-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Didn't Coach Davenport leave of his own free will? :thinking: It's not like he was run out of town.

if my dog ran off on his own, I could pick him up and bring him back, right?

:D

GetRDoneStangs
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Does Sinton play Calhoun next??

I think I saw that on a website that they play this weekend... The "Crabs seem to be playing pretty good ball this year!

Anyway, I will have to root for my ol Alama Mater.. and then the Pirates can get on a roll when they finally play someone their own size!!

AggieJohn
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
TIME FOR NEW COACH IN SINTON crazy first post person, thinking that their first post can be something crazy and outlandish because no one will ever find out that they we will find out who you are and what your business is.....

2nd rule of 3adownlow, don't mess with Jason or posters from sinton

SintonFan
10-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
crazy first post person, thinking that their first post can be something crazy and outlandish because no one will ever find out that they we will find out who you are and what your business is.....

2nd rule of 3adownlow, don't mess with Jason or posters from sinton
This is not fightclub aj... :doh:
I don't think anyone should be asking for Coach Mitchell's head. I think maybe someones still fuming over that loss to Robstown.:p

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Mitchell could have setup a soft schedule and Sinton could have had a typical Sinton start. even this schedule pirates could have gone 3-1 without a offense clicking anywhere to avg. This team will be fine come district. Just one thing Sinton is unbeaten on the road :D and the playoffs are all on the road:)

GOFOR2
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
you guys talk as if the year is over.
what is Sinton's current district record, or what place are they in district? better yet what has their schedule been like this year?
Airman you are not welcomed to the downlow.

sinton66
10-02-2006, 08:05 PM

Under no circumstances should Jimmy Mitchell go anywhere. Mitchell is/was a Defensive coach when we hired him for the HC position, and Sinton's D is outstanding as always. The offense is struggling because of a new underclassman and inexperienced line. How about you wait until the end of the season before you start this crap?

In fact, I might be tempted to shoot anybody who picks up a "rail".

pirate4state
10-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
This is not fightclub aj... :doh:
I don't think anyone should be asking for Coach Mitchell's head. I think maybe someones still fuming over that loss to Robstown.:p Maybe they wrote a check their butt can't cash! :D

T-Time
10-02-2006, 10:42 PM
you got tob crazy for talking about Mitchell this way. The talent level may not be what it has been, but he will have them ready when district comes around.

SintonFan
10-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Maybe they wrote a check their butt can't cash! :D
lol
Hopefully "they" didn't lose too much money.:D

T-Time
10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
of course the coach at Ingleside would try to run home for that job.

Ranger354
10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Seems like Airman just thru a rock off a cliff to see how big an avalanche he could start.

Every team has its ups and downs. Good years and bad years. Heck, look at GP. They have lost to Sinton two years in a row and seem to make the playoffs. I have never been a GP fan, but how do you think the GP fans feel?

These Sinton boys are playing their hearts out, and the coach can only do so much. He can't put on pads and a jersey and play.

You do not have a RB like Franco or a WR like Burke come along every year. I won't even mention the athlete Adrian Alaniz was and is.

We probably have some of these on the JV and Freshman team that will have the opportunity to play next year. I know the Freshman QB is 6'5" and has a heck of an arm.

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 09:47 AM
i dont know anything about this coach so no comment

Phil C
10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by T-Time
of course the coach at Ingleside would try to run home for that job.

How do you know?

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by T-Time
you got tob crazy for talking about Mitchell this way. The talent level may not be what it has been, but he will have them ready when district comes around.

Woo Hoo....another Aransas Pass Poster! Maybe even one that knows how to play nicely!:D

My son's nickname was T-Time in baseball...You aren't my son are you?:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

AP Panther Fan
10-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Woo Hoo....another Aransas Pass Poster! Maybe even one that knows how to play nicely!:D

My son's nickname was T-Time in baseball...You aren't my son are you?:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Well...you aren't my son...I just talked to him. :(

Welcome to the board anyway and please behave or I will hunt you down.;) :D