PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Cowboys vs Titans game!

Phil C
10-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I am very happy. I got what I wanted. I wanted Dallas to win but I also wanted Vince Young to play well. I got what I wanted. A great Cowboy win along with a splendid performance by Vince Young.

Adidas410s
10-02-2006, 11:39 AM
What about VY's performance was "splendid?" It wasn't horrible...but it wasn't exactly spectacular either.

GreenMachine
10-02-2006, 11:42 AM
It was a good performance for his first start. This isn't college football anymore :D Way to go Boys' :clap:

3afan
10-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
....a splendid performance by Vince Young.

eh?

EricDraven
10-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Big dif between Baylor D and Cowboy's. Vince will come along, too much talent not too. How about that jackbutt stepping on a Cowboy's face? Hope he gets suspended.

Eagle 1
10-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Dont candy coat it, I thought he sucked.
He's still throwing sidearms, just to the wrong jersey now.

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_679696.jpg

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_680443.jpg

On the other hand, the Cowboys looked great.

Bearkat
10-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I thought it was a great pass to Bradie James!!!:D

bobcat1
10-02-2006, 01:04 PM
We scored more points when Vince was Quarterbacking than the Titans did. :D

Eagle 1
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I heard he was the "Cowboys player of the Game".

bobcat1
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
That's rich! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WestTXLonghorn
10-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah, because we all know how great rookie QBs play in their first game.

Hell, even CBS put up a graphic after the game or whenever of some of the great QBs passer ratings in their first game. Vince's was actually a few points better than Troy Aikman's. The only big name QB who did well in his first game was Dan Marino with a 100 something rating, everyone else stunk.

Dallas is going to end up winning the NFC or coming in second to Chicago and their defense will be ranked in the Top 5. Vince just needs time. . .I thought we all agreed on that?

Phil C
10-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Four years from now Vince will be a Super Bowl Winning QB!

pirateman98
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I would have to agree with Phil, I think VY will hold that Vince Lambard throphy one day. I would also say he looks to be a very promising QB. First start wasn't the show he put on with USC, but I think he is saving that kind of game for something more special!!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Keith7
10-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I thought it was a good game for Vince Young considering what he has to work with, LenDale White looked good too when he got the ball, the rest of the titans are like a J.V. squad of the nfl

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
I would have to agree with Phil, I think VY will hold that Vince Lambard throphy one day. I would also say he looks to be a very promising QB. First start wasn't the show he put on with USC, but I think he is saving that kind of game for something more special!!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: although both are important, the first start didnt have the same implications the natty title game did....he'll be fine. trust me.

coach
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am very happy. I got what I wanted. I wanted Dallas to win but I also wanted Vince Young to play well. I got what I wanted. A great Cowboy win along with a splendid performance by Vince Young.

155 yards and two pics isnt a splendid performance

WestTXLonghorn
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by coach
155 yards and two pics isnt a splendid performance

It'd be picks. . .pics suggests a group of pictures.

The INT Drew Bledsoe threw was a LOT worse than the first one Vince threw. . .Aaron Glenn (a long time NFL vet who's one of the best DBs in the game) just made an awesome play and jumped the route.

The second INT by Vince was godawful, no doubt. Still, you can't expect him not to make some mistakes against a top defense when he's in his first game on a cellar-dweller football team.

I totally agree that Phil is a little TOO generous in his praise. However, the people trying to say Vince is horrible are being just as assinine.

Hupernikomen
10-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Titans looked terrible. They are going to have to bring in a lot of talent before I will start counting down the years until they win it all, or even make the playoffs again.

Old Tiger
10-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

It's a lot better than this motion.

http://www.prosportspictures.com/images/jacksonville-jaguars/05-byron-leftwich-action-1-sm.jpg

Eagle 1
10-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

The INT Drew Bledsoe threw was a LOT worse than the first one Vince threw. . .Aaron Glenn (a long time NFL vet who's one of the best DBs in the game) just made an awesome play and jumped the route.

The second INT by Vince was godawful, no doubt. Still, you can't expect him not to make some mistakes against a top defense when he's in his first game on a cellar-dweller football team.

I totally agree that Phil is a little TOO generous in his praise. However, the people trying to say Vince is horrible are being just as assinine.
Lets not forget the fumble by VY that turned into 7 points for Dallas.

WestTXLonghorn
10-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Lets not forget the fumble by VY that turned into 7 points for Dallas.

Yeah, I'm sure Vince hasn't forgotten it either. I'm sure he also hasn't forgotten his $25 million in the bank.

Will be nice after he starts winning to see everyone claim how they were behind him 100%.

mustang04
10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
everybody needs to quit raggin him......all i see is alot of talk and negative criticism about a FREAKING ROOKIE QB (a TREMENDOUS athlete with ALOT of potential)....good gosh lay off the man....if he was plugged into a system like the Colts...his first start woulda looked alot better i bet...sure the QB makes the initial decision whether to throw it, who to throw it to, how to throw it, et. etc.....but once it leaves his hand, it is also up to the receivers to catch it.

Eagle 1
10-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
everybody needs to quit raggin him......all i see is alot of talk and negative criticism about a FREAKING ROOKIE QB (a TREMENDOUS athlete with ALOT of potential)....good gosh lay off the man....if he was plugged into a system like the Colts...his first start woulda looked alot better i bet...sure the QB makes the initial decision whether to throw it, who to throw it to, how to throw it, et. etc.....but once it leaves his hand, it is also up to the receivers to catch it.
The Colts, are you kidding me? I watched him closely yesterday and he made only a very few audibles at the line of scrimmage. Now anybody who know's about the Colts know's that Peyton Manning audibles for 20 seconds before they snap the ball. No way would VY fit into this type of offense.
Even the commentators were talking about how stares down the receiver before he passes the ball. There was more dropped passes by Dallas secondary then there was by the Titan receivers.

mustang04
10-02-2006, 09:26 PM
The Colts, are you kidding me? I watched him closely yesterday and he made only a very few audibles at the line of scrimmage. Now anybody who know's about the Colts know's that Peyton Manning audibles for 20 seconds before they snap the ball. No way would VY fit into this type of offense.
Even the commentators were talking about how stares down the receiver before he passes the ball. There was more dropped passes by Dallas secondary then there was by the Titan receivers.

i was talking more about the receivers that the colts have...not really their style of play, but their quality of reveivers...or even pittsburgh..well hell..even the cowboys now

Old Tiger
10-02-2006, 09:43 PM
You should change yoru name to Douche1

formermbcouns
10-02-2006, 09:44 PM
LOL

coach
10-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn

my bad picks is that better but all i sad that his game wasnt good i dont care who you are or how long youve been in a game when you have three to's and only 155 i dont care if its the first time you pick up a football its not a good game