PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 54 - Llano 0

BurnetBulldog
10-10-2003, 10:12 PM
As expected...Shipley broke two state career records tonight.

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

CentralTxFan
10-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Congrats Burnet and Congrats to Jordan Shipley. Keep up the teamwork.

I just heard a rumor that a burnet player got hurt in the game and broke his arm, is this true?

Chris Hart
10-10-2003, 11:00 PM
The Bulldogs came out firing, as Shipley had 2 TD rec. and plenty of yardage in the first 5 minutes, and owned The Texas schoolboy records in both. Burnet finished the first half kind of sluggish, but were leading 26-0 at the half. Second half Burnet was HOT, the score got to 47-0 midway in the 3rd. The backups played the last quarter and a half, and outscored Llano 7-0. Everybody played tonight again, the reserves almost got a whole half of action. Good game for ALL the DAWGS. I believe Shipley and Warner both had 2 ints. and Warner also had a punt return for a TD. Way to go Burnet!

I believe it was #16 that was hurt, and from where I was standing it looked as if the bone may have been broken, but I can't verify it. I'm not positive of the # either, It was so crowded I had to stand at the 10 yd. line and I got there at 6:00. Hopefully it's not broken, but it didn't look good. :confused:

CentralTxFan
10-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks Chris..hate to hear when a player gets hurt!

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-10-2003, 11:17 PM
The injured player was #18 Philip Fox.

Cody had 3 int's, Jordan had 2 int's. I heard the recap on the way home.

Has anybody good Stephen's stats?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

HotDawg89
10-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Actually the player that was hurt was #18, Phillip Fox. He is also the drum major for the Burnet band. (Who has competition tomorrow morning at Westlake. I think they thought it might be broken. I know he went to the hospital, but I didn't hear if it is a fracture or not yet. He was in a lot of pain. I think he fell on it wrong, cause he was sort of alone when he came up- but I didn't see a hit. Anyone else see it happen?

Otherwise it was another great game for the Bulldogs.

Congrats to Jordan Shipley- AWESOME!

The news crews ticked me off a little tonight! They were in our guy's faces constantly.

I like games with competition, but I really enjoy a good shut out too.

PAINTBALL
10-10-2003, 11:25 PM
Philip Fox has A broken arm and I'm told was taken straight to Austin for surgery tonight. Great game for the dogs. Defense looks better every week. Very hard tackles. Llano running backs got gun shy. They will be very sore tomorrow.

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Nice win Burnet!
I hope the injured player will be fine.

BurnetBandRules
10-11-2003, 12:00 AM
#18, the injured player, Was Phillip Foax as previously stated and he is our Band Drum Major. He has a broken arm AND a few torn ligaments. This is what was relayed to us at the Band Hall after the game tonight. All we can do is pray/hope for the best. We need him tommorow. The band was upset that he wasn't there but I feel as though we did an awesome job tonight on the field with our show! Anyone see it? This was the first time that the 3rd song was performed to a crowd. Just wondering if anyone saw it. But, anyhow, Burnet had a great win tonight. Isn't this the 2nd year in a row that Llano hasn't scored on us? Good job, guys, and keep up the GREAT work! GO FOOTBALL/BAND!!!

olddawggreen
10-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Man Burnet painted the town of Llano green tonight! Filled up the visitors side from the bleachers to the tract around the field, end zone to end zone and at least a third of the seats on the Llano home side. Thanks to Llano for being such great host. Their fans seemed a little overwelmed but the ones I visited with were friendly.

BurnetBandRules
10-11-2003, 12:08 AM
As if the game weren't enough to get your adrenaline pumpin', the fans made mine spill everywhere! Our fans overwhelmed the ENTIRED Stadium. I can't believe that there were that many people there from Burnet....well, yes, I can but STILL! OVERALL, they were pretty good hosts as a whole (community) but you know, there are those individuals who have too much pride to fit in the britches. I am so proud of our guys because of tonight. They fired on all cylinders. Late in the 2nd quater, they were a little rusty but after halftime, they opened a can up on Llano! Once again, GREAT JOB BURNET!

....One Team, One Town, One Heartbeat

Stangster
10-11-2003, 12:32 AM
I see Burnet squeeked by Llano for another win. I guess y'all will manage to hang on to that #1 spot one more week. I hope your injuried player makes a quick recovery.

olddawggreen
10-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Squeekin squeekin squeekin keep those doggies squeekin doghide!!!! :D :D :D :D

PAINTBALL
10-11-2003, 01:53 PM
With Llano's big linemen, I think they might give Liberty Hill a game. What do the rest of you think?

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 02:04 PM
PAINTBALL:
With Llano's big linemen, I think they might give Liberty Hill a game. What do the rest of you think?You're kidding, right? We beat them 46-0 last year.....in Llano. I hate to say it, since my 1st team AD player graduated last year, but we're a better team this year than last. Their linemen may be big in size, but they don't come close to us in heart. :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi LH Panther Mom,
Congrats on another great win. It's great to hear
the panthers have a better team. BTW, Burnet is also better and VERY focused. Just a few more games, then we get to welcome you fine folks to
Burnet. You might say a prayer for Philip Fox, he did have a bad break in the arm. We certainly pray that LH will bring a healthy team to Burnet.
I'm sure LH will wish the best for Burnet to also
be as healthy as possible.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to week 10, GreatBigBurnetFan! I will be praying for Phillip Fox. What time do we need to show up over there to get a seat, anyway -8 a.m.? Or would it be better to camp out? I wish you guys luck, also wish there was a remote possibility there was somebody in the D that could beat you before we get there. Oh, well - you know the saying: on any given Friday.....

PAINTBALL
10-11-2003, 04:52 PM
LH Panther Mom:

PAINTBALL:
With Llano's big linemen, I think they might give Liberty Hill a game. What do the rest of you think?You're kidding, right? We beat them 46-0 last year.....in Llano. I hate to say it, since my 1st team AD player graduated last year, but we're a better team this year than last. Their linemen may be big in size, but they don't come close to us in heart. :rolleyes: From the stats of the Wimberly game, Llano still appears to rely only on the run. If this is true, I saw a Llano defense that can give a run only offense trouble. Llano's offense may have trouble scoring however, sience they couldn't even score on Burnet's 2nd string. The backs were very gun shy by this time however. Our first string defense tackled the hardest I've seen all year. Very intense and impressive.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 05:00 PM
PAINTBALL
[/qb]From the stats of the Wimberly game, Llano still appears to rely only on the run. If this is true, I saw a Llano defense that can give a run only offense trouble. Llano's offense may have trouble scoring however, sience they couldn't even score on Burnet's 2nd string. The backs were very gun shy by this time however. Our first string defense tackled the hardest I've seen all year. Very intense and impressive.[/QB][/QUOTE]
You mean LH relies on the run? Yeah, the majority of the time, that's so, but it has gotten us this far. The run kicked their butts last year & we're ready to do the same.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 05:03 PM
LH Panther Mom:

PAINTBALL
From the stats of the Wimberly game, Llano still appears to rely only on the run. If this is true, I saw a Llano defense that can give a run only offense trouble. Llano's offense may have trouble scoring however, sience they couldn't even score on Burnet's 2nd string. The backs were very gun shy by this time however. Our first string defense tackled the hardest I've seen all year. Very intense and impressive.[/QB]You mean LH relies on the run? Yeah, the majority of the time, that's so, but it has gotten us this far. The run kicked their butts last year & we're ready to do the same.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Okay - that didn't work out right.

Chris Hart
10-11-2003, 05:04 PM
When do Liberty Hill and Llano play? Llano has a decent defense, but I don't know if they can score on anybody.

PAINTBALL
10-11-2003, 05:05 PM
You're right, I meant Liberty Hill relies on the run. OOPs. I saw some stats from an earilier game where Liberty Hill had done some passing and thought that there was some change from last year. Then this week apparently no passes were thrown, even though the score was close at half. I wonder why the pass was totally dropped this week.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Chris, the game is Halloween. Paintball, not sure why we didn't pass last night. Youngest has strep, hubby's out of town, so all I could do was listen to a web broadcast. Of course, when we were doing so well with the run, doesn't sound like we needed to pass.

olddawggreen
10-12-2003, 04:24 PM
LH Panther Mom, maybe this year your fans could get together and agree not to start leaving in droves if your guys get behind. Last year you had a good team that had been undefeated before playing Burnet. I was shocked to see how many of your fans walked out on them in the 3rd qtr.. It was shameful and your team deserved much better support from their fans. Most schools would love to have a season like you did last year. Win or lose, the guys have put out great effort and deserve the lasting support of their fan base. I would be willing to bet that you were still in the stands when the clock ran out.

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2003, 04:39 PM
oldawggreen - You got that right. My son was out there, but even if he hadn't been, I've never thought it is right to leave before the buzzer, regardless of how one-sided a game is. He graduated, but I'll still be in Burnet both Thursday (7th grader playing) and Friday (just as a fan) until the end.

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2003, 04:42 PM
olddawggreen:
LH Panther Mom, maybe this year your fans could get together and agree not to start leaving in droves if your guys get behind. Last year you had a good team that had been undefeated before playing Burnet. I was shocked to see how many of your fans walked out on them in the 3rd qtr.. It was shameful and your team deserved much better support from their fans. Most schools would love to have a season like you did last year. Win or lose, the guys have put out great effort and deserve the lasting support of their fan base. I would be willing to bet that you were still in the stands when the clock ran out.You're right - it was pathetic. Those are the fair weather fans we have here - as long as we're winning, they'll stick around. We had a game against Caldwell last year that we were behind at the half. A lot of the fans left then. I'm sure it was a big surprise to them, when they got home, watched the news to find out we won.

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

olddawggreen
10-12-2003, 08:31 PM
I didnt mean to open an old wound LH Panther Mom, but thats bothered me ever since last year. Your guys worked hard to have the kind of season they did and they deserved much more from their fans. I know they had to notice when so many walked out on them. Any kid that puts forth the effort to compete, wether its football, band or any other sport or activity, deserves all the support we can give them. To walk out on a team thats won all but one game in the season is crazy. They had a season to be proud of. By the way, one of my sons plays on 7th grade A team. As allways, I hope we win, but most of all I pray for a good clean game and the safty of all the kids playing on both teams. Have a safe trip!

olddawggreen
10-13-2003, 08:48 AM
We look forward to seeing you guys this year!

Megatonpitch
10-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Do you think Burnet's following will be as big next year??? Personally, I think Burnet will continue to do well, but I don't think there are many people who do.

olddawggreen
10-13-2003, 10:46 AM
I think Burnet will continue to do well, we have a lot of tallent coming up, both Freshman and JV teams are still undefeated. There are a lot of unknowns at this point, loss of a lot of starting Srs., who will fill the leadership positions on the team, possible change in Coaching Staff :confused: :confused: , ect.... I think filling the quaterback position will be one of the biggest challanges. Should there be a need for a new coaching staff, (I dont think we would lose all of our present staff.)I believe Burnet will be able draw some real talent based on the assets they have to offer, ie, tallented players moving up, great place to live and a very supportive community. It will definatly be a different team. As far as the fans, I think we will continue to pull a good crowd. I think every team has its fare weather fans. I expect they will be there in the beginning and will continue to come if we are winning. We will see.

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

CatWoman
10-13-2003, 11:07 AM
BurnetBandRules:
As if the game weren't enough to get your adrenaline pumpin', the fans made mine spill everywhere! Our fans overwhelmed the ENTIRED Stadium. I can't believe that there were that many people there from Burnet....well, yes, I can but STILL! OVERALL, they were pretty good hosts as a whole (community) but you know, there are those individuals who have too much pride to fit in the britches. I am so proud of our guys because of tonight. They fired on all cylinders. Late in the 2nd quater, they were a little rusty but after halftime, they opened a can up on Llano! Once again, GREAT JOB BURNET!

....One Team, One Town, One Heartbeat"too much pride to fit in the britches" Does your hat still fit?

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 12:29 PM
I also believe that Burnet will have an accepable team next year, maybe even a good team. They will not be as good as this year or last. Just the loss of too much talent. The fans bother me, because I believe that a lot of the fans only came on board last year when they heard about our offense. I believe if we can have some easy early playoff games and get some varisty playing time to the J.V. players that are moved up, it will really help. Especially at the Quarterback position.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2003, 12:29 PM
olddawggreen:
I didnt mean to open an old wound LH Panther Mom, but thats bothered me ever since last year. Your guys worked hard to have the kind of season they did and they deserved much more from their fans. I know they had to notice when so many walked out on them. Any kid that puts forth the effort to compete, wether its football, band or any other sport or activity, deserves all the support we can give them. To walk out on a team thats won all but one game in the season is crazy. They had a season to be proud of. By the way, one of my sons plays on 7th grade A team. As allways, I hope we win, but most of all I pray for a good clean game and the safty of all the kids playing on both teams. Have a safe trip!Sounds like our sons will be playing against each other - mine's 7th A also. See you then.

bd0707
10-13-2003, 12:30 PM
LHpanther mom I have one on 7th grade a team also.

olddawggreen
10-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Well LH Moms, Since I have boys in 6th and 7th grade that both play football (last year of pee wee for 6th grader), I should be talking to you for years yo come! I look forward to it.

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 06:25 PM
olddawggreen:
Well LH Moms, Since I have boys in 6th and 7th grade that both play football (last year of pee wee for 6th grader), I should be talking to you for years yo come! I look forward to it.There is a good chance that this year will be last for some years to come. Burnet may very well go 4A next year.

HotDawg89
10-13-2003, 07:14 PM
:( All I have to offer at this point is a 7th grade cheerleader. . . oh well- she is very pretty, makes good grades and I'm sure she will do just fine with the rest of the football players! :D