PDA

View Full Version : Raindrops & Duststorms

Ranger Mom
06-05-2003, 02:53 PM
We are above our rain average for the year in Midland - in the past two weeks I have received around 4 inches at my house.

After all that rain, this is what blew in night before last. http://www.thelittleswc.com/images/duststorm.jpg

Bandera YaYa
06-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Are you serious?? That's horrible.....bet everyone has the same color of car after that!!
We got a nice steady rain today...my yard sure needed some water!! Thank you Lord! :cool:

Gobbla2001
06-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Started storming pretty hard down here, walking out and one one side it was sunny on the other side it was horrible...

That's a good picture, Ranger_Mom, did you take it yourself? Nice work...

We were going up to the Grand Canyon when I was around 14 and on the way (somewhere around Texas/New Mexico border and sandstorm blew in, WOW, scared the living crap outta me, was thinking the whole time 'what's on the other side of that CRAP!'

exbccards76'smom
06-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Ranger Mom,

That picture reminds of the 10 months that I lived in Odessa. We had one of the worst sandstorm that year. Or maybe it just appeared that way since it was the first one I had ever seen. :)

Ranger Mom
06-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Unfortunately, these dust storms are all too common here. What was weird about this one, is that the wind was hardly blowing at all when it it. The dust just kinda swirled around a little.

Doon
06-06-2003, 08:35 AM
Wow Ranger Mom, makes me a little homesick, not!!
When I was a kid I used to think that dust storms originated and lived in McCamey. I still get goose-bumps thinking of those days with the wet wash cloth covering our noses. I just changed fears from tornadoes and dust storms to hurricanes.Ha! Ha!

exbccards76'smom
06-06-2003, 08:49 AM
Just want to know if the big rivalry still exists between Odessa and Midland? wink

Ranger Mom
06-06-2003, 07:00 PM
OH YEAH!!!

District 3-5A is a BIG rivalry. Midland, Odessa and Abilene!!!

slpybear the bullfan
06-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Awesome Pic, RangerMom.

We had pretty good luck with Rain as well here in Bridgeport.

On Thursday Morning we got 3.4 inches in about six hours. Amen!