PDA

View Full Version : Region III POTW

injuredinmelee
10-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Please vote from the following nominees. It is okay not to be a homer. Voting ends Wednesday at 8am.

Dennis Brooks,Sr. WR,Rockdale - 5 catches for 176 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Brent Bode, Sr., TB, Liberty Hill LH vs Wimberley: 13 carries, 147 yds, 3 TD's (rushing), 2 receptions, 19 yds receiving

QB Brian Scott,Sr. Cameron Yoe in their win against Lorena (34-0)
9 carries for 51 yards + a TD
5 for 8 passing & 0 int for 45 yards & a TD
but the best part, back to back punt returns of 59 & 65 yards each for a TD

raider red 2000
10-02-2006, 09:27 AM
ttt

eagles_victory
10-02-2006, 09:30 AM
there can only be 3 people in the finals???

kaorder1999
10-02-2006, 09:32 AM
the rules state a minimum of three....

eagles_victory
10-02-2006, 09:47 AM
im not voting my vote is a write in vote for keiston gatson i dont know how dennis brooks beat him but i guess 5 catches is more important then controling the whole game.

raider red 2000
10-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im not voting my vote is a write in vote for keiston gatson i dont know how dennis brooks beat him but i guess 5 catches is more important then controling the whole game.

i dont mean to be a jerk...but read the rules....if your kid didnt make the cut dont complain.

my kid didnt make it either....but oh well....there are still plenty of weeks ahead.

eagles_victory
10-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i dont mean to be a jerk...but read the rules....if your kid didnt make the cut dont complain.

my kid didnt make it either....but oh well....there are still plenty of weeks ahead. but this might be our only chance :D

big daddy russ
10-02-2006, 10:09 AM
I'd like to vote for Scott, but Bode did it big in a big-time game. Doing that stuff against the Wimberley defense is a lot different than doing it against Lorena.

CenTexSports
10-02-2006, 10:12 AM
If it helps, Brian Scott did all of his damage in only one half. The second string was in most of the second half.

theyoefnshow
10-02-2006, 12:08 PM
actually, 1st team offense for Cameron was in for only 1 play the 2nd half. That was a 72 yard TD. The only td Brian didn't have a hand in (other than handing it to the rb lol)
But yes, he did everything in the 1st two quarters.

injuredinmelee
10-02-2006, 02:15 PM

Maybe you should have promoted him a little better in your nomination???

injuredinmelee
10-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Also the I do take into consideration the opponent played. If your guy puts up 800 yards on Merkel (or a similar caliber team. no disrespect to my merkelite friend here) big deal.

eagles_victory
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Also the I do take into consideration the opponent played. If your guy puts up 800 yards on Merkel (or a similar caliber team. no disrespect to my merkelite friend here) big deal. yea but Crandall had been putting up great numbers and Keiston put huge numbers and led the offense to 42 points. Im just saying leading your team to a victory should get a little more consideration since isnt that what the games about winning.

gobbler grad
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
I went with Bode...dang he's fast...hope he stays healthy all year...

maestro
10-02-2006, 09:53 PM
scott gets my vote...

reads like a solid , all around performance.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:29 PM
yea but Crandall had been putting up great numbers and Keiston put huge numbers and led the offense to 42 points. Im just saying leading your team to a victory should get a little more consideration since isnt that what the games about winning.
Individuals don't win games. Brooks was playing on both sides of the ball the entire game, playing his guts out, just like everyone else out there. The guy deserves some credit and not any disrespect.

eagles_victory
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Individuals don't win games. Brooks was playing on both sides of the ball the entire game, playing his guts out, just like everyone else out there. The guy deserves some credit and not any disrespect. if this was posted by anybody else besides bbde i would think maybe i said something wrong but i know how you take things so far out of contex. I never said anything to show any disrespect to Brooks im sure he played a great game. Keiston played both ways and every special teams in an overtime game so id say he played his guts out also. He took a lot of hits all game. So no disrespect to brooks just giving my opinion that Keiston should be there.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:39 PM

That seems very disrespectful when you have the tenacity to question the praises of a player.

eagles_victory
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
That seems very disrespectful when you have the tenacity to question the praises of a player. Im not questioning him at all im questioning how he was more deserving then some of the other players that were left off. But i expect you to misunderstand that and make a big deal of it thats just your way to take everything as disrespect.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Im not questioning him at all im questioning how he was more deserving then some of the other players that were left off. But i expect you to misunderstand that and make a big deal of it thats just your way to take everything as disrespect.

Okay Cody, you're right as all ways. I forgot, I'm sorry. Won't happen again, I promise....

eagles_victory
10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Okay Cody, you're right as all ways. I forgot, I'm sorry. Won't happen again, I promise.... I was just trying to say there were people would better numbers off the list. No disrespect to Dennis Brooks he played a great game. I was simply basing it off of numbers which is a key component of potw. I was just comparing numbers and imo saw two other players with better numbers then brooks not questioning or taking away from his performance.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I was just trying to say there were people would better numbers off the list. No disrespect to Dennis Brooks he played a great game. I was simply basing it off of numbers which is a key component of potw. I was just comparing numbers and imo saw two other players with better numbers then brooks not questioning or taking away from his performance.

Alright, it's okay to disagree with who is on the ballot, but you have to just shut up and vote sometimes. The candidate of your choice isn't always going to be on there because not everyone sees things through your eyes.

sicem74
10-03-2006, 06:47 PM
bscoooooooooooooot