PDA

View Full Version : Giddings

Darren
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Let me ask you this. If Liberty Hill had beaten Cuero and Wimberley would you all agree that they are potential state contenders?

Well Giddings and LH have similar offences and Giddings has beaten Wimberley, Hutto, Two-4A teams and one state ranked 2a team. Why are some of you saying that you still don't believe that Giddings is a contender?

I just don't get it..

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Let me ask you this. If Liberty Hill had beaten Cuero and Wimberley would you all agree that they are potential state contenders?

Well Giddings and LH have similar offences and Giddings has beaten Wimberley, Hutto, Two-4A teams and one state ranked 2a team. Why are some of you saying that you still don't believe that Giddings is a contender?

I just don't get it..

I think they're a contender. Happy now?

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 08:04 PM
lol

Phantom Stang
10-01-2006, 08:20 PM

I just don't get it..
I still think Liberty Hill is a potential state contender.

Crimestick
10-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I think they're contenders, but that the lack of a passing game will hurt them when they meet the other "contenders" in the postseason. You won't beat my team - WO-S - if you can't put the ball in the air effectively and consistently. The defense is too fast, as was seen in the playoffs vs. Giddings last year.

Phantom Stang
10-01-2006, 08:25 PM
What primary offensive formation does Giddings use?

Darren
10-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Well we will just have to wait and see if Giddings meets WO-S in the playoffs. And last year is no indication of what results we will have this year. And as far as you thinking that Giddings can beat WO-S without passing. Well thats what Hutto thought as well.

theyoefnshow
10-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm sayin Giddings is the D2 state champ. I honestly don't see a team that can contend with them in either division and with Bellville going to D1 from that district, Giddings is gonna roll.

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Well we will just have to wait and see if Giddings meets WO-S in the playoffs. And last year is no indication of what results we will have this year. And as far as you thinking that Giddings can beat WO-S without passing. Well thats what Hutto thought as well. I think Giddings was better last year.

3afan
10-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I still think Liberty Hill is a potential state contender.

agree

gold_33
10-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Giddings is good and im hoping maybe we'll get to see a rematch in the semi finals against the Texans cause we werent ready for that kinda speed on the first game. If we would have played them now then I think the game would have been pretty close cause our offense is ten times better than zero week but dont get me wrong Giddings is a team that can go all the way. They have tons of speed and a huge fullback that eats up yards in the middle, they're gonna be hard to beat.

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Right now the Buffs are the team to beat in d23 and in DII. There are some excellent teams in the region[like WOS who might unthrone the Buffs in the playoffs] but you have to like these guys who have blown out some very good teams so far. If any team stops the Buffs it will be by defense and ball control. Not an easy assignment with that potent option offense.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I defintely say Giddings is a BIGTIME contender. I just dont think they can get by WOS. No offense intended, just my view. If they do get by WOS, watch out.

chaingang
10-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I'm sayin Giddings is the D2 state champ. I honestly don't see a team that can contend with them in either division and with Bellville going to D1 from that district, Giddings is gonna roll.

Giddings wont get past us, just like last year.;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow

If Navasota makes the play-offs Bellville will also be D2. Anyone have any info on Navasota?

KL3
10-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Former, Brazossports.com alway has some info and game articles for the Rattlers. They are now 2-2 after beating Cleveland 34-3 friday night. I read last week their coach saying they've had 8-9 kids banged up, but were close to being back to full strength.

I've been saying watch out for them, they've got the athletes to surprise Giddings or Bellville, and they are my pick to finish 3rd in the district.

Brazossports.com (http://brazossports.com)